PDA

View Full Version : Simply amazing.

Hanso Amore
09-25-2006, 04:33 PM
I find it amazing that everyone on this board is a doctor. They must be, because everyone knows that Kurt Angle is going to die in TNA. They read that he is in bad shape on the Observer and now they know the EXACT status of his injuries and condition, neither of which have ever been truly made public.

Seriously guys, we all read the reports that he was in bad shape, but what do the reports know for sure? Have you ever thought they might be spicing it up a bit? And maybe the WWE and Kurt agreed he needed out, but have you ever thought that maybe Kurt wanted out of the WWE? Maybe he made them out to be worse? A month or so off might just do the trick in healing up.

IN TNA, we wont take many worse bumps if any than he did in the WWE. That is a testament of how hard he busted his ass in the WWE. he went all out and that is why his body started to go. But not because he did it once a week on TV. It was because he went 100 percent EVERY NIGHT. Several times a week taking a beating, then trying to recoup on a plane or in a car on his way to do it again. Doing it 2 times a month in TNA will NOT kill him. (Assuming the WWE would have killed him, just because people gave that as a "reason" he left)

Maybe Kurt was sick of his crap posistion on the WWE, on their number 3 show, and maybe he was sick of losing his family.

What if Kurt used his injuries as a way out of his contract so that he could do what he loves only 3 days a mont hand still earn enough to live, and have the rest of the time to heal up and spend with his wife and kids.

everyone is fraking out about TNA killing Kurt. Do you really think they would bring him in and throw him out there if there was a risk? the WWE decided they didnt want to risk it, so they agreed to let him walk to a place where he will be the biggest name and have plenty of time off.

Kurt going to TNA is the biggest jump since the radicals (maybe bigger).

Sting helped the ratings but the npeople realized he was too old and too far out of the spotlight.

Kurt Angle is a top 5 wrestler in the WWE and in the last year has been the World Champ. He has a much larger fan base right now than Sting does bye far. He will bring in alot of new fans to TNA and keep them, because his is not a nostalgia trip. This is shades of the Outsiders, the old Monday night wars days, where big names changed sides. He is a Main eventer than jumped ship, not a has been, and not a Mid carder that was getting no push.

This is the best thing that could ever happen to TNA. This may not lead right away to competition of the WWE, but with a primetime slot, this will be like the jump that brought WCW from the pre NWO table. Consider this the launch of Nitro and the stealing of lex Luger. That was a hige boost to WCW. A little time and luck, and they will be a much larger promotion that anyone thought they could be.

Christian started it, Now Angle, who is next? Superstars are getting sick of busting their ass and always being onthe road to be on lackluster TV. The vets like Christian and Angle that have been on the road for years on end are seeing that they can make a decent living in TNA, with no travel, nearly no schedule, and a more talented roster.

Would you rather make 800,000 a year (minus expenses) for 250 days a year (inluding 6ish PPVs) or a few hundred thousand for a minimal schedule (maybe a few larger indy matches added to they 2-3 days a month TNA books) and 12 PPVs?

It is much better of a way to work into retirement.

But I got off subject.

No matter what Dave Meltzer says. No matter what WWE.com says, or anyone on this board. Only Kurt really knows what is best for his body. Dont give me this "oh but he will wrestle himself to death because he wont give up" crap, you dont know him, you only know what you read. He obviously knows when to quit, because he got out of the WWE.

I trust his decisions( and TNAs) more than I would some messageboard.

Really, calm down, your not doctors, your not Kurt.

You should be less angry about him "killing" himself, and more happy that YOUR FAVORITE wrestler will be back on TV is much better matches, without the stupid storylines (beastiality anyone?) and with a great young roster that he can help rise to compete with the WWE, which will in turn make them crank out some good tv.

No one thought in 1992 that WCW would ever beat the WWE....4 years later they changed the industry.

Pardon my spelling, I dont have time to spellcheck and I am doped up on painkillers after a tooth extraction.

Rammsteinmad
09-25-2006, 04:46 PM
Good post. Coulda gone in one of the other Kurt threads, but good none-the-less. :y:

Xero
09-25-2006, 04:51 PM
First, Angle was basically fired, it wasn't his idea. He wanted to stay (may have wanted a raise as well, not sure on that), but the WWE had to push him out for two main things: personal issues and his health.

Besides, how do YOU know he's NOT broken down? You've never heard of someone without quit? Just because someone says their fine doesn't mean they are (and vice-verca).

Your "doctor" point is rediculous, because the WWE obviously had good reason to release him FOR HIS OWN GOOD. You don't think they didn't get medical advice before they even considered it? You don't think that with a broken neck and not taking the safe surgery, which he should have a few years ago, that he's not addicted to pain killers? Fuck, he was shooting Morphine back in the olympics.

This man is broken down. Just because you want to believe that he isn't isn't going to make it true. He's run for basically six years at full throttle and has worked through most of his injuries, injuring himself further. He's desperate to be the best, and that is what's killing him, his will is.

Goulet
09-25-2006, 04:55 PM
MatthewAllenHanso

Hanso Amore
09-25-2006, 04:59 PM
First, Angle was basically fired, it wasn't his idea. He wanted to stay (may have wanted a raise as well, not sure on that), but the WWE had to push him out for two main things: personal issues and his health.

Besides, how do YOU know he's NOT broken down? You've never heard of someone without quit? Just because someone says their fine doesn't mean they are (and vice-verca).

Your "doctor" point is rediculous, because the WWE obviously had good reason to release him FOR HIS OWN GOOD. You don't think they didn't get medical advice before they even considered it? You don't think that with a broken neck and not taking the safe surgery, which he should have a few years ago, that he's not addicted to pain killers? Fuck, he was shooting Morphine back in the olympics.

This man is broken down. Just because you want to believe that he isn't isn't going to make it true. He's run for basically six years at full throttle and has worked through most of his injuries, injuring himself further. He's desperate to be the best, and that is what's killing him, his will is.

Name one WWE superstar that doesnt run non stop through their contracts, and alot of them work throuhg just as many injuries. Some guys jobs rely on it. Kurt could take time off and still have a spot, not everyone can do that.

And maybe the WWE did force him out for "his own good". Or maybe a doctor said he was a risk and they decided they didnt need another early drug related death liek Eddies, and maybe they didnt need to risk Kurt crippling himself, not exactly the best thing for PR. but just because they decided he wasnt worth the risk (he is getting old and isnt the top guy he was) doesnt mean they were right. Doesnt mean that they know better than him.

Caged Heat18
09-25-2006, 05:03 PM
If Kurt wasnt't in danger the WWE wouldn't have released him. He was too valuable to them unless it was something real serious.

Xero
09-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Can you name one wrestler that broke his neck three times, one of those times main evented WrestleMania while it was broken, and then took the short-term surgery just so he could continue wrestling?

The closest I can come up with is Austin, and he didn't actually wrestle.

If the WWE thought he was a liability, then he is. Do you honestly think that they would keep a wrestler because he "HAD" to wrestle, even though he has been broken down and hurting, and didn't want to take a non-wrestling role on TV? Fuck yeah that's a liability.

The fact is that Angle was one of their main players. He is arguably the best wrestler ever, and the WWE released him. Don't you think there would have to be something DRASTICALLY wrong for someone like that to be released?

RVDmark
09-25-2006, 05:46 PM
The fact is that Angle was one of their main players. He is arguably the best wrestler ever, and the WWE released him. Don't you think there would have to be something DRASTICALLY wrong for someone like that to be released?

Is it possible that WWE wanted out with Angle? Such as when Vince wanted out of Bret Hart's contract? Is it possible that the thing that is drastically wrong is WWE? It wouldn't be the first stupid decision they have made by a long way.

I can see this story from both sides. Personally from a selfiish point of view I want to see Angle wrestle and I also want him to be as healthy as is possible for a pro-wrestler. And from the other side I can see that he was pushing hmself @ 110% by the sounds of his house show match with RVD. He probably should be at home resting with his family or at the very least be in a non-wrestling role on TV.

Maybe there was more to him leaving than we will ever know. I cant see why they would release him anyway just because he needed rehab. Its not like if he carried on turning up for work they would let him go out and wrestle anyway. From this I can only deduce that Kurt wanted out or WWE wanted him out for reasons other than the ones we were fed.

If he chooses to wrestle agan I'll watch every match.
If he is in much better shape than think then great.
If he isnt and he dies early I'll still be sympathetic and upset.

And anyone who still wants to see Bret Hart get into a ring can't say anything about Kurt.

Kane Knight
09-25-2006, 05:51 PM
It's amazing. I mean, all we have to go on is:

Kurt's own words, and articles on the subject
Knowledge that he's been seriously injured in the past
Kurt's firing
Concerns of professionals in the industryAnd Hanso, the guy who was punked out on the al Qaeda issue, pulling the opinion card (Disagreeing with not only me and CNN, but the Federal Government), has this trump card:

None of us are doctorsOH SNAP! We've been PWND!

Mr. JL
09-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Just look at Kurt Angle's list of injuries, and the line of work he's in. Research the history of professional wrestling and its attachment to drugs of all kinds.

Kurt's family life was in the shitter which definitely never helps anyone.

He's given interviews saying he NEEDS neck surgery, but that he is putting it off. It is messed up to hear him say how he refused to take time off to get a muscle in his leg re-attached because eventually the other muscles in his leg will 'adapt'. He tore three muscles a month or so ago, and has since HEALED at a remarkable pace. Not only that, but he sent notice on his website that he's gained 20 pounds as well.

It's strange how Kurt Angle has never been suspended in the 7 years he's been in the WWE, except until the WWE creates a drug policy. It's odd that he happens to leave the WWE less than a month afterwards.

People can draw their own conclusions.

My conclusion? More than likely Kurt Angle is royally fucked up.

Stickman
09-25-2006, 06:06 PM
As I said before, if the WWE was actually concerned for Kurt they would have suspended him. They would not have outright released him. Somethng seems fishy.

The Naitch
09-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Simply amazing.

Xero
09-25-2006, 06:08 PM
They DID suspend him. Apparently he pushed too hard to work the kind of matches he likes to or something along those lines after he got back.

The Naitch
09-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Burt Angle

Corkscrewed
09-25-2006, 06:22 PM
We're not doctors, but consider this:

Eddie's Guerrero's death was brought on in significant part by the fact that he worked his ass off. He went all out in the ring and he went all out in the workroom, and combining that with his previous drug abuse meant that it was only a matter of time before his body gave out on him... and it did.

Now, Angle isn't as extreme as Eddie, since to my knowledge, Angle never abused hard drugs, but he's on the same path, and given everything we've both witnessed and heard, it's not unreasonable to assume he *could* very well kill himself.

Not like via suicide, but by simply working his body too hard, much like Eddie did.

V
09-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Alenoid's dad joined the forum?

Hanso Amore
09-25-2006, 06:24 PM
It's amazing. I mean, all we have to go on is:

Kurt's own words, and articles on the subject
Knowledge that he's been seriously injured in the past
Kurt's firing
Concerns of professionals in the industryAnd Hanso, the guy who was punked out on the al Qaeda issue, pulling the opinion card (Disagreeing with not only me and CNN, but the Federal Government), has this trump card:

None of us are doctorsOH SNAP! We've been PWND!

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Do I need to start trolling olds posts of yours? Does that add anything to the argument?

The Naitch
09-25-2006, 06:24 PM
man fuck Burt Angle. COMPTON

Kane Knight
09-25-2006, 06:48 PM
What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Do I need to start trolling olds posts of yours? Does that add anything to the argument?

It does point out a tendency to adhere to your own opinion, even when it's totally out of step with the rest of the world.

...Or the facts...

...Or any reasonable opinion...

Anyway, feel free to troll up old posts. But first, howabout you actually come up with something besides "Well, you don't know he's not in good shape (Basically ignoring Occam's Razor again)?" I'd appreciate it.

Hanso Amore
09-25-2006, 06:57 PM
It does point out a tendency to adhere to your own opinion, even when it's totally out of step with the rest of the world.

...Or the facts...

...Or any reasonable opinion...

Anyway, feel free to troll up old posts. But first, howabout you actually come up with something besides "Well, you don't know he's not in good shape (Basically ignoring Occam's Razor again)?" I'd appreciate it.

If I was to adhere to your opinion, wouldnt that make it(yours) my opinion, making this fucking situation the same either way?

And why the fuck wouldn't I have a tendency to adhere to my opinion....

ITS MY FUCKING OPINION!

Maybe I am missing your point, but your saying Im wrong for supporting myself....Which is fucking retarded in itself.

Perhaps I can just be void of any thoughts on the matter and go with whatever kane Knight preaches to me.

The Naitch
09-25-2006, 06:59 PM
man fuck your opinion. Compton

Mr. Aristocrat
09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
Kurt Angle is fine. He is basically ready to get in the ring today, I mean Vince McMahon is just soft, and really doesn't like stars who can draw, so it's only natural he released him. Hanso's right, we arn't doctors. We can't tell these things...

Just like when it's cloudy outside and I hear thunder, I am not a weather man, so I am always shocked to see it's raining.

Kane Knight
09-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Maybe instead of assaulting everyone else, then, you should try actually backing up your opinion with something other than "You're not doctors!" or "Well, for all we know..."

Kurt's had a championship within the last year? So fucking what? Remind me how long it was between Eddie dropping the title and biting the bullet. Almost everything else is a suspension of disbelief ( Well, maybe instead of being injured, he was pissed off with management, which is contrary to everything we know, and would make no sense when they let him "save face" with his fans on WWE.com) or an attack on the majoirity opinion.

Don't whine about being wrong for supporting yourself when, you know...You're not. This is not a supported argument, it's a house of cards watched over by a strawman.

Hanso Amore
09-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Kurt Angle is fine. He is basically ready to get in the ring today, I mean Vince McMahon is just soft, and really doesn't like stars who can draw, so it's only natural he released him. Hanso's right, we arn't doctors. We can't tell these things...

Just like when it's cloudy outside and I hear thunder, I am not a weather man, so I am always shocked to see it's raining.

Like weather men are ever right anyways.

But on that matter, you CAN FUCKING SEE THE CLOUDS AND HERE THE THUNDER....

have you talked to Kurt, seen him lately? maybe examined him?

Shut the fuck up

When you read about a storm on a Dirt Sheet website, then repost your fucking drivel

The Naitch
09-25-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm a doctor. And I think Kurt Angle will fucking die

Kane Knight
09-25-2006, 07:07 PM

Wait...Wasn't Kurt actually keeping his fans up to date? Or are you accusing Kurt of lying? If so, wouldn't that defeat the point of speaking with him in the first place?

You've got a good conspiracy theory going here, actually. We can't trust anyone, so we're left with speculation that's so out there as to be laughable.

By the way, good job missing his point.

Mr. Aristocrat
09-25-2006, 07:10 PM

have you talked to Kurt, seen him lately? maybe examined him?

Shut the fuck up

When you read about a storm on a Dirt Sheet website, then repost your fucking drivel

Let me try and explain my comparison real simple like for you...

Clouds = Kurt Angle's history of having been put on a "death watch", the fact he is admited to abusing pain killers, the fact he has broken his back and neck a good many times now, the fact that McMahon (a damn near souless person) fired him for health concerns, the fact his wife refuses to stay married to him on account of his problems, the fact that his friends and family have gone on record as saying they are fearful he could die at any time, the fact that Angle has admited he would continue to work til he dies to prove he is the best...

Thunder = He is going to get back in the ring (TNA).

Rain = Kurt Angle is gonna die.

But hey, like I said, I am shocked every time it rains no matter how cloudy and thundery it gets.

Hanso Amore
09-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Maybe instead of assaulting everyone else, then, you should try actually backing up your opinion with something other than "You're not doctors!" or "Well, for all we know..."

Kurt's had a championship within the last year? So fucking what? Remind me how long it was between Eddie dropping the title and biting the bullet. Almost everything else is a suspension of disbelief ( Well, maybe instead of being injured, he was pissed off with management, which is contrary to everything we know, and would make no sense when they let him "save face" with his fans on WWE.com) or an attack on the majoirity opinion.

Don't whine about being wrong for supporting yourself when, you know...You're not. This is not a supported argument, it's a house of cards watched over by a strawman.

Support my argument?

Well, for one, he is getting back into a ring.

Two, he was in talks about a MMA debut, something that could never happenand would never be sanctioned if we was as bad off as he supposedly is. not many UFC fighters are on deaths front step.

Three, he has been off for a month, and by the time he makes his way into a TNA ring for a match, it might be 2 to 3 if they delay his in ring debut. Plenty of time to heal up. Maybe he wont be at full strength, but with his "terrible injuries" will he ever be at 100 percent?

Four-Going from trying to heal while taking a beating 4 times a week, to just 3 or so a month, that will help his healing greatly.

Four-Ill say it again, even though it seems to miss all of you....

Your not doctors, you dont know the extent of his injuries, You dont know the truth of anything, only what has been spoon fed to you on the internet. Im sure everything thats on this here World Wide web is 100 percent accurate.

Im not saying he is not fucked up, I just think he is going to be JUST FINE.

Someone else touched on his suspension...

maybe vince didnt want another main eventer (Possible champion at the time) come up on drug charges or OD on his watch.

Whether or not he takes time off will not change his taking of painkillers.

Rick Rude was out of the ring for 5 years, and he was still on them.

Whether he wrestles or not ever again, Kurt will take the pills the rest of his life, just like every other wrestler to retire, EVER. Same goes for football, Hockey ETC.

How many die? How many do you think there are? How small a percentage?

Dont say his injuries and pill habits will kill him.

He could just as well live to be 80.

The Naitch
09-25-2006, 07:19 PM
lol

Kane Knight
09-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Support my argument?

Well, for one, he is getting back into a ring.

So what?

Two, he was in talks about a MMA debut, something that could never happenand would never be sanctioned if we was as bad off as he supposedly is. not many UFC fighters are on deaths front step.

He also hasn't actually been evaluated to go into MMA. He hasn't tried, there was nothing official beyond a desire to do it a year from now.

Three, he has been off for a month, and by the time he makes his way into a TNA ring for a match, it might be 2 to 3 if they delay his in ring debut. Plenty of time to heal up. Maybe he wont be at full strength, but with his "terrible injuries" will he ever be at 100 percent?

I'm at a loss as to how this supports your argument either.

Four-Going from trying to heal while taking a beating 4 times a week, to just 3 or so a month, that will help his healing greatly.

And will it also help his drug addiction? Will it change his mentality? Will it make him any safer?

Four-Ill say it again, even though it seems to miss all of you....

Your not doctors, you dont know the extent of his injuries, You dont know the truth of anything, only what has been spoon fed to you on the internet. Im sure everything thats on this here World Wide web is 100 percent accurate.

You said 4 twice, though to be fair, one of them was total shit.

We know he was injured enough that WWE didn't want him on their watch. We know that your possible explanations make no sense given what we can extrapolate. We know that there is a level of disinformation on the interweb, and have made an informed opinion based upon it. You have decided to eschew that, and arguing that you cannot believe the internet has been laid down in the stead of actual support.
Im not saying he is not fucked up, I just think he is going to be JUST FINE.

maybe vince didnt want another main eventer (Possible champion at the time) come up on drug charges or OD on his watch.

Which is a factor, but only supports your position if you then take the hypotheticals. In other words, you're outting the horse before the carriage, because the presumptions only work if you use them to found themselves in the first place. It's a nice self-fulfilling fantasy, is all.

Whether or not he takes time off will not change his taking of painkillers.

Which diminishes your earlier "support" for your argument.

Rick Rude was out of the ring for 5 years, and he was still on them.

Well, I guess that means that 3 months to rest up really isn't all that special.

Whether he wrestles or not ever again, Kurt will take the pills the rest of his life, just like every other wrestler to retire, EVER. Same goes for football, Hockey ETC.

1. He doesn't have to.
2. Another flaw in this arguement is that he's not retired.
3. Since he's not retired, abuse of painkillers is more damaging to his system. Go figure.
4. You're not a doctor, nor have you examined every retired sports star ever. So shut up and stop being a hypocrite.

How many die? How many do you think there are? How small a percentage?

How many "retired" stars tend to keep competing beyond their prime? How many sports teams will hire someone who's near death? WWE and pro wrestling don't operate under that same philosophy, now, do they?

Dont say his injuries and pill habits will kill him.

He could just as well live to be 80.

Assuming, of course, he doesn't keep making both worse.

but while we're talking about coulds, he could conceivably be the first man to cure cancer, become the intergalactic Champion after wrestling the representative from Mars, Alpha Centarui and Chulak, and then go on to figure out a way to prevent the sun from burning out.

Give me the statistics on the number of wrestlers who have lived to 80 vs the number that have not. Then get me the number of wrestlers who were abusing drugs (abusing) and lived to 80, and those who did not. Then tell me how likely it is Kurt is to make it to 80.

Your arguments are flawed. I mean, come on. You compared retirees to Angle, who is very clearly not retired.

You're not supporting yourself very well.

ron the dial
09-25-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm betting that Kurt dies before the year is out, but swerves us all by returning from the dead within a month. He's got Jesus powers.

Kane Knight
09-25-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm betting that Kurt dies before the year is out, but swerves us all by returning from the dead within a month. He's got Jesus powers.

Proving Angle, not Foley, is God.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
09-25-2006, 09:55 PM
MatthewAllenHanso
In case joo haven't heard...

My name es... Matthew... AllllllllenHanso... Estrrrrrrrrrrrrada!

Mr. Nerfect
09-25-2006, 10:53 PM
I actually agree with MAH. Not entirely, but just hear me out:

Kurt Angle is getting back into a ring. His manager was teasing him doing into MMA. Sure, Angle's crazy enough to do that in a situation where falling out of bed could kill him, but you'd think if he was really on death's door, there would be a big outcry by Angle's friends, and those who can make money off him. TNA isn't going to push Angle if he's not ready, he will get the healing time he needs. There is more money in it for TNA if Angle actually walks into a PPV.

It's also his choice. I'm going to sound like a dick here, but Angle is so damn good at what he does, if he wants to do it, let him. He's not my good friend, he's not my husband or provider. My only relationship to Kurt Angle is as a viewer and admirer of his professional work. If Angle is not wrestling, I have nothing to do with him. If he wants to wrestle, I am in no position to refuse.

TNA would probably bring Kurt Angle if he was injured, true. I mean, not like "in a few weeks he will be fine" injured, there's money in that, but if doctors advised Kurt Angle to never wrestle again, I think TNA would still use Angle. They would be fools not to. And, once again, it is his choice. Angle wants to die at Victory Road, let him. We don't have access to Kurt Angle's medical status, or his own mentality towards the business. I'm going to watch and listen as if he were healthy. He may not be, but as far as I know, or as far as I care, he is.

People can quote the things from Angle's past, and his medical history, and they can infer from that, but the fact is that Angle wants back in, and people much more qualified in the situation than us are allowing it.

Just to play devil's advocate, and this isn't based on any facts at all, just a scenario I created interpreting things the way I want to (kind of like Vermaat, hopefully less retarded):

Maybe Kurt Angle was released because of his family? Seriously, I doubt the WWE would bring it up if Angle didn't have home issues still going. If it were just his body, the WWE would have said so. I feel it may have been a combination.

But anyway, Wellness Policy testing comes into play, and Kurt tests positive for painkillers. Vince tells Kurt he needs to stop. Kurt tells Vince to fuck himself, because he has been on painkillers since before he came to the WWE. The WWE can't really let Angle wrestle if he's a constant violation of the Wellness Policy, so they amend it, allowing wrestlers to continue working whilst suspended. It becomes apparently Angle won't be paid, though, he hates not being paid to wrestle with the schedule he's on, so he decides to quit, or the WWE fires him.

Kurt could quit because he doesn't want to stop taking painkillers, and he doesn't want to compromise his pay, either. The WWE could fire Kurt because he they really can't get anything out of Kurt Angle anymore. The drugs are a part of Kurt Angle, thus Kurt Angle can't be a part of the WWE.

That could have been where the "mutual decision" came in. Angle wanted painkillers, the WWE wanted none of it. Angle sees his family, tells them they're relocating to Florida, where Kurt will be able to spend time with them, whilst also doing what he loves how he loves to do it.

So yeah, my point is that the WWE may have exaggerated the damage done to Kurt Angle. The Wellness Policy may have come in between their relationship, and Kurt Angle may still be able to go, but he does need live the lifestyle where he needs drugs to keep him focused. If so, it is debatable whether or not he should still be wrestling. I'm not a physician or anything, but Kurt Angle's body may be so used to the harsh schedule, that a lighter one would relax him greatly, which could help him heal. No wrestling is probably best, but some with a little bit of rest and relaxation might do wonders for Kurt Angle the performer, and Kurt Angle the person.

I mean, look at Ric Flair, Finlay and Shawn Michaels. Neck and back problems are probably very different, but all three were told it was done for them. All three are having some of the better matches on WWE TV on a week-to-week basis. Kurt Angle may not have even reached the zenith of his career yet. Just wait and see, and don't assume one way or the other. Put your faith in those close to Kurt Angle, and Angle himself, to look after his body and his life.

Hanso Amore
09-25-2006, 10:59 PM
I actually agree with MAH. Not entirely, but just hear me out:

Kurt Angle is getting back into a ring. His manager was teasing him doing into MMA. Sure, Angle's crazy enough to do that in a situation where falling out of bed could kill him, but you'd think if he was really on death's door, there would be a big outcry by Angle's friends, and those who can make money off him. TNA isn't going to push Angle if he's not ready, he will get the healing time he needs. There is more money in it for TNA if Angle actually walks into a PPV.

It's also his choice. I'm going to sound like a dick here, but Angle is so damn good at what he does, if he wants to do it, let him. He's not my good friend, he's not my husband or provider. My only relationship to Kurt Angle is as a viewer and admirer of his professional work. If Angle is not wrestling, I have nothing to do with him. If he wants to wrestle, I am in no position to refuse.

TNA would probably bring Kurt Angle if he was injured, true. I mean, not like "in a few weeks he will be fine" injured, there's money in that, but if doctors advised Kurt Angle to never wrestle again, I think TNA would still use Angle. They would be fools not to. And, once again, it is his choice. Angle wants to die at Victory Road, let him. We don't have access to Kurt Angle's medical status, or his own mentality towards the business. I'm going to watch and listen as if he were healthy. He may not be, but as far as I know, or as far as I care, he is.

People can quote the things from Angle's past, and his medical history, and they can infer from that, but the fact is that Angle wants back in, and people much more qualified in the situation than us are allowing it.

Just to play devil's advocate, and this isn't based on any facts at all, just a scenario I created interpreting things the way I want to (kind of like Vermaat, hopefully less retarded):

Maybe Kurt Angle was released because of his family? Seriously, I doubt the WWE would bring it up if Angle didn't have home issues still going. If it were just his body, the WWE would have said so. I feel it may have been a combination.

But anyway, Wellness Policy testing comes into play, and Kurt tests positive for painkillers. Vince tells Kurt he needs to stop. Kurt tells Vince to fuck himself, because he has been on painkillers since before he came to the WWE. The WWE can't really let Angle wrestle if he's a constant violation of the Wellness Policy, so they amend it, allowing wrestlers to continue working whilst suspended. It becomes apparently Angle won't be paid, though, he hates not being paid to wrestle with the schedule he's on, so he decides to quit, or the WWE fires him.

Kurt could quit because he doesn't want to stop taking painkillers, and he doesn't want to compromise his pay, either. The WWE could fire Kurt because he they really can't get anything out of Kurt Angle anymore. The drugs are a part of Kurt Angle, thus Kurt Angle can't be a part of the WWE.

That could have been where the "mutual decision" came in. Angle wanted painkillers, the WWE wanted none of it. Angle sees his family, tells them they're relocating to Florida, where Kurt will be able to spend time with them, whilst also doing what he loves how he loves to do it.

So yeah, my point is that the WWE may have exaggerated the damage done to Kurt Angle. The Wellness Policy may have come in between their relationship, and Kurt Angle may still be able to go, but he does need live the lifestyle where he needs drugs to keep him focused. If so, it is debatable whether or not he should still be wrestling. I'm not a physician or anything, but Kurt Angle's body may be so used to the harsh schedule, that a lighter one would relax him greatly, which could help him heal. No wrestling is probably best, but some with a little bit of rest and relaxation might do wonders for Kurt Angle the performer, and Kurt Angle the person.

I mean, look at Ric Flair, Finlay and Shawn Michaels. Neck and back problems are probably very different, but all three were told it was done for them. All three are having some of the better matches on WWE TV on a week-to-week basis. Kurt Angle may not have even reached the zenith of his career yet. Just wait and see, and don't assume one way or the other. Put your faith in those close to Kurt Angle, and Angle himself, to look after his body and his life.

FInally someone who will admit Kurt and the officials are better off to judge Kurt than the IWC.

But we know from an interview that he is hurting..........

Kane Knight
09-25-2006, 11:20 PM
We also know, in his own words, that he'll never stop.

But please, conveniently disregard anything you can to make your less feasable theory seem the better.

Funky Fly
09-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Angle will probably die in the ring. Refusing to let injuries heal and get necessary surgery to the point that you need to be on pain killers 24/7, while simultaneously maintaining that kind activity in the ring week in and week out is not good for ANYONE'S health. Yes, Angle is the closest thing to Superman this world has ever seen, but he isn't invinclible.

The human body can only take so much punishment before it shuts down. Oh, and some injuries never heal. For all the HBKs and Flairs out there, yes they can still go, but how much chronic pain are they in all the time? Fuck, Flair can't even land flat on his back.

Kane Knight
09-25-2006, 11:45 PM
Hell, I'm 26, and my shoulder might not ever be what it used to be.

Kane Knight
09-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Fuck, Flair can't even land flat on his back.

When 900 years old you are, job this good you will not.

Mr. JL
09-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Has Flair ever landed flat on his back?

Fignuts
09-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Alienoid makes some good points, I must admit.

Mister Sinister
09-26-2006, 01:00 AM
Has Flair ever landed flat on his back?

No, But he made everyone of our mom's lay on there backs, and taken an Ride on Space Mountain...WOOO!!!!

Kalyx triaD
09-26-2006, 02:13 AM
I'm 24 and my knees (right one especially) are fucked from intense walking missions in hot-ass Miami since I learned to walk. Then there's the silly backyard wrestling where, yip-dee-doo, the guys targeted my right knee for 'their favorite moves'. I imagine I won't enjoy walking by my 40's...

But I made peace with that already.

I still do what I gotta do to get where I gotta go, annoying pain or not. But if someone who just so happens to know what comes of repetitious actions on worn limbs were to tell someone else that my knee's days were numbered; a debate can go both ways. Except some signs really are as obvious as they seem.

Why did I post, the rain analogy sent it home. Or is that a metaphor? Someone help me out here.

Destor
09-26-2006, 05:06 AM
http://thewrestlingvoice.com/columns/douglasnunnally/headlines/161181705.shtml

darkpower
09-26-2006, 05:19 AM
As much as I tend to agree with some of the points that both sides have made on this, I want to point out one thing:

Kurt may not die in a TNA ring. How much work do you think Kurt really needs to do to carry TNA's 3/4ths shitty roster right now?

He'll be fine.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
09-26-2006, 07:09 AM
HE IS GUNNA DIE!!!111

TNA IS MORE DANGEROUS CUZ IT HAS SIX SIDES!!!111one

TerranRich
09-26-2006, 09:30 AM
DON'T argue with Kane Knight. It's like coaching a retarded kid. No matter how hard you try, he's still retarded. :p

Kane Knight
09-26-2006, 09:54 AM
DON'T argue with Kane Knight. It's like coaching a retarded kid. No matter how hard you try, I'm still retarded. :p

Hey, we agree on something.

Kane Knight
09-26-2006, 09:56 AM
It's amazing that you always take shots at me when the other guy has no argument.

TerranRich
09-26-2006, 01:22 PM
I love taking shots at you no matter what the situation. I'm an equal opportunity harasser.

I just think it's funny that you provoke arguments on the stupidest, most pointless things and then cling to the hope that somebody will care that you might be right.

Kane Knight
09-26-2006, 03:43 PM
...Yet you have no problem doing the same. Go figure.

TerranRich
09-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Hah. Name five times I've done that.

The Heat
09-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Wow. I'm wondering if I should even reply. However, since Angle is one of my favs, I will[reguardless of who agrees or not];

Kurt Angle is intelligent enough to have his health checked out. I'm sure if it's that big an issue, Angle probably contacted several doctors to evaluate his health. Do you honestly think the man would INTENTIONALLY kill himself? I don't. Even if he does love the wrestling business, I doubt he'd wanna be a casualty to it. Angle has had almost two months off of WWE schedules[not quite, but, closer to two months now].

Did you ever consider that Angle was in some way, unhappy with WWE?! Angle has been quoted as saying WWE "held him back". I'm sure WWE didn't want a possibly death on their hands with Guerrero's death still fresh on everyone's mind.

Bottom line: TNA is a MUCH different schedule and atmosphere than WWE. Kurt will not travel nearly as much and will have more than enough time to heal from past injuries. Since Impact is taped in three week incriments, I'm sure Angle can handle that. The non-travel aspect is the biggest wear-and-tear effect on his body[although busting his ass in the ring doesn't help].

If Angle has consulted his doctors and feels everything will be fine, we have no right to judge him for it[as internet fans tend to do]. I do see both sides of the issue, but, complaining about Angle's decision to keep wrestling is sheer idiocy. What can WE do about it? Nothing. All we can do is enjoy the matches he puts on and hope these aren't among his last......

ron the dial
09-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Did you ever consider that Angle was in some way, unhappy with WWE?! Angle has been quoted as saying WWE "held him back". I'm sure WWE didn't want a possibly death on their hands with Guerrero's death still fresh on everyone's mind.
Yeah, I'd be real unhappy with the paycheck that WWE was cutting him, too. I really doubt Angle being unhappy/happy has anything to do with this. WWE didn't want him. He still wanted to wrestle. He went to the competition. It seems pretty cut and dry to me. Any badmouthing that Angle does is simply said to make TNA look like the better company because he works for them now.

The Heat
09-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I'd be real unhappy with the paycheck that WWE was cutting him, too. I really doubt Angle being unhappy/happy has anything to do with this. WWE didn't want him. He still wanted to wrestle. He went to the competition. It seems pretty cut and dry to me. Any badmouthing that Angle does is simply said to make TNA look like the better company because he works for them now.

Although having a major money deal is great, I think you are missing the point. Guys like Rhino, Christian, and Angle went to TNA for the passion they have for pro wrestling[although the money didn't hurt]. In case you haven't noticed, WWE is rapidly becoming similiar to WCW. They have a locker room full of possible breakout stars, yet, they fail to capatilize on them. While Angle had a long run with WWE, he still had alot to offer.

The main reason he chose to go to TNA was because it is the better WRESTLING product of the two. When's the last time you saw a quality wrestling match on WWE TV? Between drawn out diva/women segments, McMahons on TV weekly, and other promo/segment related time, where does that leave the in-ring wrestling? Nowhere. You're lucky to get 4-5 matches in a two-hour show. Meanwhile TNA pulls off at least 3 quality matches in only an hour.

To make a long story short: Money is not always the issue. Christian stated WWE offered him ALOT of money to stay on with them. He instead opted to jump to TNA. TNA is the new product willing to take risks. I cannot remember the last time WWE took a risk or shocked us. That will be TNA's strength: their willingness to take risks with their product. And having Angle won't hurt none, either :D

ron the dial
09-28-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm not questioning Kurt's passion for wrestling. You missed my point. This has to do with somebody who was released from the WWE not wanting to stop (see, I can spot the passion). He didn't get offered any more money because they didn't want to employ him anymore. Sure, I'm dealing with a hypothetical here, but if WWE had offered Kurt the money to stick around I doubt that he would have left. I think it was Harley Race who said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that if you're in the wrestling business for anything besides the money that you're an idiot.

McLegend
09-28-2006, 11:44 AM
WWE was in talks with Kurt Angle on brining him back. So lets not say WWE didn't want Kurt, because they did.

Kurt for whatever reasons didn't want to go back to WWE.

TerranRich
09-28-2006, 11:47 AM
WWE was in talks with Kurt Angle on brining him back. So lets not say WWE didn't want Kurt, because they did.
Interesting. Didn't know that.

ron the dial
09-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Kurt for whatever reasons didn't want to go back to WWE.
Again, I'm working in hypotheticals here, but I would say that the lighter workload that TNA offers was a huge selling point for Angle. The WWE schedule is hectic at best, and for a man in the physical condition of Angle it can't be good.

But all of these arguments and scenarios have been run over before, and the fact is that we really have no idea. When it comes down to it, I'm glad that Angle went to TNA regardless of the circumstances surrounding it.

Xero
09-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Kurt WAS fired, he didn't just walk out. I heard that at least part of the reason he was released was he wanted a bigger contract.