PDA

View Full Version : SmackDown! Spoilers

Mr. Nerfect
09-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Credit: Rob Stunkard and PWInsider.com

I just got back from the show tonight in Tulsa, OK. All I can say is wow. All in all it was the best wrestling event I've ever seen live. I took a few notes but most of this is from memory so bare with me.

Dark Match: Gregory Helms vs. Scotty 2 Hotty
Decent opener, the crowd was very hot. Scotty goes for the worm, but gets caught with a shining wizard by Helms for the win.

JBL and Cole come out with JBL still playing the heel, throwing up Longhorn signals to get heat. And Smackdown starts.

Opening Segment showing what happened with the "Royal Court" attacking Cena on Raw. Immediately Cena's music hits (no opening pyro!) and he comes out to 99.9% cheers. Cena talks about how tonight he has backup in the form of Lashley and Batista and will kick Booker's ass.

Match 1: Rey Mysterio vs. Elijah Burke
Turkay was ringside the entire match. Pretty good match with Mysterio hitting the 619 and a huracanrana for the win. After the match Turkay stares down Mysterio then destroys him. Rey is left laying in the ring as Burke and Turkay go to the back.

Match 2: Pitbulls vs. Idol & Stevens for Tag Team Title shot at No Mercy
Not much high flying in this one. Basically it was a brawl, with the Pitbulls working their new "stiff" style. Idol & Stevens get the win after Michelle McCool interfered and will face London and Kendrick at No Mercy.

Up next was a segment with Kennedy in the ring with memorial wreaths, he says Undertaker's legacy is unmatched and basically said he respects the Taker. Taker comes out to his wicked entrance and stares down Kennedy. Kennedy's mic sparks like it electrocuted him thanks to Takers "magic". Kennedy cowers outside the ring for a while, then goes back in to get knocked back out by Taker. Taker posed in the ring with his purple light.

Match 3: The Miz vs. Tatanka
Tatanka was way over, seeing as how we are in Oklahoma. Eventually Miz cheats to win. Tatanka argues with ref and looks like he's gonna clock him by the entrance set.

Match 4: Chavo Guerrero vs. Matt Hardy
Good match. Vicky does the heel manager schtick ringside. Greg Helms came down and distracts Hardy, allowing Vicky to get a low blow in on Hardy which gives Chavo the victory.

Match 5: Sylvan vs. Jimmy Wang Yang
Good match. Jimmy Yang was incredibly over with the crowd. Some funny moments when the crowd was chanting USA for Yang. Yang hit some great high risk moves, but Sylvan ends up winning out of no where, crowd seemed confused as to why Yang lost.

Match 6: Lashley/Batista/Cena vs. King Booker/Finlay/Regal
Great main event. Batista's pyro is insanely loud! The crowd was nuts the entire match. Not a person sat down. Cena had is arm all taped up (selling the Raw attack) and was isolated for most of the match. He eventually gets the hot tag and Lashley spears King Booker for the 1-2-3. The place explodes. Cena's posing in the ring and Edge appears out of nowhere and lays out Cena. Edge then left through the crowd.

Also when Edge was leaving a fan pelted him with a full large drink right in the face. Edge went crazy and tried to attack the fan. The fan tussled with Edge and security. No punches were thrown I think. The fan was ejected from the building.

Mr. Nerfect
09-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Two decisions really irk me. Jobbing out Elijah Burke (just screams Mordecai) and jobbing Jimmy Wang Yang. I like it that the WWE seem serious about pushing Sylvan, and I don't think Burke needs to be undefeated, but seriously. It's like their first and second match respectively.

Also, fuck Tulsa. Compton. First they elect George W. Bush, then they cheer John Cena. Compton.

Caged Heat18
09-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Jobbing Yang in his first match after all the build up makes no sense, but they did the same thing with Shannon Moore in ECW. I think he can be entertaining and I am still willing to give him a shot.

I like that the Hardy/Helms feud is continuing and hopefully they can settle it at No Mercy, plus the announced tag team title match can be good. Add those two matches to the already announced card which includes Chavo/Mysterio in a cage, which I think will be awesome, as well as Batista/Finlay, Booker/Lashley, and Taker/Kennedy. This can be a surprisingly solid show.

Corkscrewed
09-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Match 5: Sylvan vs. Jimmy Wang Yang
Good match. Jimmy Yang was incredibly over with the crowd. Some funny moments when the crowd was chanting USA for Yang. Yang hit some great high risk moves, but Sylvan ends up winning out of no where, crowd seemed confused as to why Yang lost.
Great job, WWE writers. What, did he walk in on Steph pleasuring herself or something? :roll:

Corkscrewed
09-27-2006, 05:33 PM
And Shannon Moore had backstage heat. That's why he got the shit treatment. Yang, as far as I know, hasn't had any problems.

The Genius
09-27-2006, 06:17 PM
and i thought sylvain was in the doghouse for complaining too much about a lack of push and suddenly he gets 2 wins in a row.

Mr. Nerfect
09-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Yeah, Vince doesn't like Shannon, so it kind of makes sense that he's not winning (as stupid as it is). Sylvan is also in the doghouse, but they probably heard the reaction he got in his hometown, and have decided to use him a bit better. I have no problem with that, but come on, Yang's first match!

I bet Jimmy Wang Yang will win the WWE Cruiserweight Championship next week, after Matt Hardy costs Helms the match. We will be supposed to care about Yang as Champion, even though he lost to Syl fucking van. Yang will then be blamed when he doesn't get over. They should so just let Yang and Noble wrestle for the title, and cut loose. Why can't they let that happen? :(

FaceOfDeath
09-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Smackdown decent this week

St. Jimmy
09-27-2006, 07:12 PM
boringgggggg........

Loose Cannon
09-27-2006, 07:43 PM
wow, that's a Smackdown card these days. Seems like a Shotgun Sat Night minus the main event match.

Gertner
09-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Sylvan baby!

Xero
09-28-2006, 09:01 AM
wow, that's a Smackdown card these days. Seems like a Shotgun Sat Night minus the main event match.
Yeah.

The main event seems like the match they'd show on the Heat before the PPV.

Y2Jeremy
09-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah

The main event seems like the match they'd show on the Heat before the PPV.
Yeah, and what's is that this setup is the best that the WWE can do at this point. And we wonder why guys like Flash Funk Rodney Mack and HOG are being brought back.