PDA

View Full Version : A wrestling fan can't defend himself.

Stickman
09-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Remember way back in the day when you never admited to being a wrestling fan? I think those days have come full circle. There was a time not long ago that everybody was into it. But I never admit it anymore. It's actually really embarassing being a fan. I'm totally comfortable with myself and whatnot, this is just a secret I hide from people. I know I'm not alone here.

Pepsi Man
09-28-2006, 03:29 PM
I don't go out and advertise it all the time, but I don't hide it either, and if it comes up, I admit the flaws in it. A quote from a friend at work a few months back that said he used to like it but doesn't watch it anymore: "We know it's fake, but COME ON", referring to how over the top a lot of moves/spots (though he didn't use the word "spots") are.

Hell, three years back, I think I MADE a fan. The guy was never too much into wrestling, but I'd watch it all the time, and he'd come over and I'd be watching it. I've since moved and don't see him as much anymore, but when I do talk to him, wrestling comes up, and he seems to be current on it whenever I talk to him.

Team Sheep
09-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Everyone knows I'm a wrestling fan.

Kane Knight
09-28-2006, 04:05 PM
I make no excuses for the product, but I don't deny I'm a wrestling fan. The current product is so bad I'd be embarrassed to try and push it on anyone, but I'm not really ashamed for the love of the "sport" in general. I frankly tell people that I watch primarily out of habit these days, but there can be some great athleticism involved, and, of course, the storylines.

Xero
09-28-2006, 04:08 PM
I don't just blurt it out randomly, but if it comes up I won't deny it and will probably talk about it.

Blue Demon
I make no excuses for the product, but I don't deny I'm a wrestling fan. The current product is so bad I'd be embarrassed to try and push it on anyone, but I'm not really ashamed for the love of the "sport" in general. I frankly tell people that I watch primarily out of habit these days, but there can be some great athleticism involved, and, of course, the storylines.

BigDaddyCool
What is this wrestling you are talking about?

Indifferent Clox
09-28-2006, 04:58 PM
I don't watch taht shit u knowz it's fakez fahdouaiodatyerygajf!

.44 Magdalene
09-28-2006, 04:59 PM
People who don't know I like wrestling don't know me at all...and I couldn't give a shit what they think, then. I'd probably wear wrestling T-shirts if they didn't look totally retarded (it's not the content of the shirt, it's that WWE can't make cool shirts anymore). I do tend to lie about wanting to be a pro wrestler someday when asked about my future plans, mostly because...well...that tends to start conversations I don't want to rehash (Do you know how dangerous it is? You're too small to be a wrestler. You don't plan on doing steroids, do you? You know wrestling is fake, right? Etc, etc, etc...)

ron the dial
09-28-2006, 05:12 PM
I love wrestling and don't make any attempt to hide it at all. I don't bring it up in casual conversation, but it's not a subject that's hard to get me started on. I've been a wrestling fan for as long as I can remember, so denying that fact would be a bullshit maneuver. And if anyone says that I'm retarded for watching wrestling, I could give a fuck less. They're probably into something ten times as retarded.

Okay, ten times may be a stretch. It's hard to compete with wrestling in that category most of the time.

RVDmark
09-28-2006, 09:25 PM
It still real t.... Never mind.

Dorkchop
09-28-2006, 09:43 PM
I'll mention how I still love it if it comes up. I don't care what people think. I'll usually mention how overall it's not great right now so I'm not as into it these days as I was when I was a teenager.

Some day wrestling will get exciting again.... I really hope that's true.

Kane Knight
09-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Okay, ten times may be a stretch. It's hard to compete with wrestling in that category most of the time.

Have you watched reality TV? At least we only deal with the Diva Search once a year.

Not that wrestling doesn't have some crap. It's just that Network TV has far worse. I mean, the Simpsons jokes about Fox aren't entirely false...

Indifferent Clox
09-28-2006, 09:55 PM
I hate it when people say I'm too small!

I"m like 175 6'0

that's perfect cruiserweight size

wtf!

Rammsteinmad
09-29-2006, 01:53 AM
I don't just blurt it out randomly, but if it comes up I won't deny it and will probably talk about it.

Fignuts
09-29-2006, 02:29 AM
It's very difficult to sell it to someone who's never watched it. They are usually completely close-minded about it, and it is very hard to explain wrestlings allure to someone who doesn't get it.

That said if someone asks me my hobbies and such. Even if its a girl, I admit it. I think thats where most guys lie about it. Most girls I've encountered don't care. I think there was like one who did, but if a girl is going to base a judgement on you based off the fact that you watch pro wrestling, then it's better you don't know the girl anyhow.

Mister Sinister
09-29-2006, 02:43 AM
I hate it when people say I'm too small!

I"m like 175 6'0

that's perfect cruiserweight size

wtf!

Most Non-Wrestling Fans, don't understand the concept of an Cruiserweight, When they think Wrestling, it generally...Big Guys, over the 230 Mark, lots of Muscle mass, etc.

I mean, my dad sometimes watches it with me, when I go over to his house, and even thru, he laughs when I say, I'm planning on saving up to go the ROH Wrestling School, and he's like you better start lifting weights, etc.

Destor
09-29-2006, 02:45 AM
I am a wrestler Helms...YOU BETTER START LIFTING WEIGHTS. Wrestling is a big mans game, being bigger will NOT hurt you. Promise.

Dave Youell
09-29-2006, 02:52 AM
I've never hid it, heck everyone at work knows i'm a wrestler, they all took the piss. They've since come to a few shows, they still take the piss, but admit some of it must of hurt and that it's not as fake as they thought.

Alot of it is to do with ignorance of the product i feel

Mister Sinister
09-29-2006, 03:03 AM
I am a wrestler Helms...YOU BETTER START LIFTING WEIGHTS. Wrestling is a big mans game, being bigger will NOT hurt you. Promise.

Well, It's not like I'm completely small, I can bench 245 with straining, I have about the same build as Paul London, just lacking some height and losing about 10 lbs on him..Of course, plan on being an High Flyer type Wrestler...

Yes, who knows, maybe in time, i'll be the spotfest Wrestler everyone shits on here.

Destor
09-29-2006, 03:04 AM
It won't hurt to put on mass.

Dave Youell
09-29-2006, 05:44 AM
I wear baggy kit, so umm yeah, appearance isn't important

But at least I work for a company who's getting a TV deal

Snap!