PDA

View Full Version : Official TNA Impact Thread for Thursday, September 28, 2006

Indifferent Clox
09-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I just thought I'd start this thread early so we can speculate as to what will happen. Thus be let down gracefully by what actually does.

The following comes from TNAWrestling.com:

OFFICIAL PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV
Samoa Joe refuses to relinquish possession of the NWA World Heavyweight Title!

This Thursday night is perhaps the biggest broadcast in the history of “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV! TNA Wrestling is headed down the road to the October 22 “Bound For Glory” extravaganza – and to say there’s a lot unfolding would be a huge understatement! The wrestling world will truly feel the aftermath of “No Surrender” and the signing of Kurt Angle this Thursday night!

SPECIAL PRESS CONFERENCE THIS THURSDAY
This Thursday night, TNA Management Director Jim Cornette will hold a special press conference, featuring some special guests! According to TNA management, Cornette will speak out on several headlines, including Kurt Angle joining TNA, the move to primetime on November 16 for “iMPACT!”, new matches announced for Bound For Glory and much more.

SAMOA JOE TAKES THE NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
Also, in what could potentially be a combustible situation, TNAwrestling.com has learned that amidst the excitement following the Fan’s Revenge Match at “No Surrender”, Samoa Joe took the NWA World Heavyweight Title – and has refused to return it!

According to sources, Jeff Jarrett is livid that “The Samoan Submission Machine” was allowed to leave the arena with his championship…and even angrier TNA officials haven’t gotten it back for him! Why did Joe take the gold? What steps will Jarrett take to get it back? Could this lead to an even more violent showdown between Jarrett and Joe? Tune in and find out!

SPEAKING OF….SAMOA JOE VS. RAVEN THIS THURSDAY
Speaking of the “Samoan Submission Machine”, Samoa Joe will be in action this Thursday night on SpikeTV in a big match against former NWA World Heavyweight Champion Raven! This is the first clash between Joe and Raven in TNA Wrestling, and what a great match to kick off the road to “Bound For Glory” on TNA “iMPACT!”. The question is: Will Joe arrive with the NWA World Heavyweight Title and will Jarrett come out to reclaim it?

ALSO ON ‘IMPACT!” – THE STARS OF TNA’S NO-LIMITS X DIVISION
X Champion Senshi & The Paparazzi vs. Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal
The high-flying, no-limits stars of TNA Wrestling’s X Division will be in action this Thursday night on the huge “iMPACT!” broadcast! X Division champion Senshi will team with Alex Shelley and Johnny Devine (The Paparazzi) to face off against the alliance of Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal!

All this and so much more this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV at 11pm, including new matches announced for the “Bound For Glory” epic event on October 22! Plus, all of your favorite TNA stars will be in attendance, including new NWA World Tag Team Champions AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels, Christian Cage, Abyss, Rhino, America’s Most Wanted, The Naturals, the TNA Knockout babes and many more!

Destor
09-28-2006, 05:09 PM
5 bucks says ratings make a noticeable jump tonight.

.44 Magdalene
09-28-2006, 05:12 PM
I turn into a god damn Enzyte commercial everytime I see the words "Kurt Angle" and "TNA" in the same sentence.

Indifferent Clox
09-28-2006, 05:12 PM
I mean this is probably the first time TNA threads on wrestling sights equal WWE threads if not outweigh WWE Threads.

I'll take bets now on how many pages this thread gets.

Pepsi Man
09-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Meh, I'd probably be more inclined to contribute to this thread tonight, if I didn't realize Impact is taped.

Caged Heat18
09-28-2006, 05:20 PM
I havn't read the spoilers like I usually do to try to keep the excitement of the Angle announcement alive. I think i'll be checking out the show tonight, to see where TNA goes.

Blitz
09-28-2006, 09:25 PM
5 bucks says ratings make a noticeable jump tonight.
TNA had better hope they do.

Indifferent Clox
09-28-2006, 10:59 PM
HERE WE GO!

Caged Heat18
09-28-2006, 11:03 PM
And we start with Jarrett.

Destor
09-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Meh, no Angle tonight.

6to1
09-28-2006, 11:06 PM
damm buffy and lex

Shadow
09-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Oh gods...is that really Austin Aries?

Skippord
09-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Raven's jobbing :'(

Shadow
09-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Yes...it's what he does best.

Also...was Raven about to kiss Joe during that face off?

St. Jimmy
09-28-2006, 11:26 PM
"when we earn it?" Gay.

Skippord
09-28-2006, 11:28 PM
S For Stingdetta

6to1
09-28-2006, 11:32 PM
well buffy looked and sounded better then lex.

Shadow
09-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Oh look...Eric Young.

Indifferent Clox
09-28-2006, 11:44 PM
they're ruining a good match by putting a good fued in front of it..

Shadow
09-28-2006, 11:46 PM
LOL IC.

Shadow
09-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah the Jackass Shit has to end.

The god damn movie's out you idiots.

Indifferent Clox
09-28-2006, 11:55 PM
ringside enforcer?

Shadow
09-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah.....

BTW...loved the gay joke at Jarrett's expence.

Indifferent Clox
09-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Ringside Enforcer?

Lock Jaw
09-29-2006, 12:24 AM
Stupid. They have the hottest free agent since like Bret Hart and they debut him as a Ringside Enforcer. Ironically enough, WCW debuted Bret Hart as a Special Referee too.

Caged Heat18
09-29-2006, 12:24 AM
I like how they have announced a lot of the card for Bound for Glory tonight. It looks pretty good so far. LAX vs. AJ Styles/Christopher Daniels in the six sides of steel should be great, plus all the other monster ball matches have been fun so this one should too, even if I wish Samoa Joe was going for the title. Plus Angle will be there. It could be a good show.

Caged Heat18
09-29-2006, 12:26 AM
Stupid. They have the hottest free agent since like Bret Hart and they debut him as a Ringside Enforcer. Ironically enough, WCW debuted Bret Hart as a Special Referee too.

Hmm...thats interesting.

Gulak
09-29-2006, 03:37 AM
Angle's gonna screw Sting out of winning the title.

Dave Youell
09-29-2006, 05:27 AM
Angle's gonna screw Sting out of winning the title.
Can't see them turning him heel, that would be silly.

The guy is going to be money for TNA for at least a year as face.

I don't see him turning heel, I do see Jarrett going over, maybe Angle doesn't see a guitar shot or something.

Then Joe gets the title at the next show after some Angle interfearance because he realised his mistake from the last show.

Joe fueds with Christian

Jarret feuds with Angle

and Sting retires

all is well

darkpower
09-29-2006, 06:28 AM
Who in the hell would think that Sting would lose the match at NFG with his DVD coming out, him being one of their main event faces, and with TNA having to be in the know that WWE is just looking for that right time to give Sting whatever he wanted to get him to WWE?

Sting's going to win a BFG! I don't see how anyone could think any different.

Dave Youell
09-29-2006, 07:11 AM
Who in the hell would think that Sting would lose the match at NFG with his DVD coming out, him being one of their main event faces, and with TNA having to be in the know that WWE is just looking for that right time to give Sting whatever he wanted to get him to WWE?

Sting's going to win a BFG! I don't see how anyone could think any different.

DQ win?

Stays in company, doesn't get title.

Fignuts
09-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Angle debuting as an enforcer is a good idea. It gives him more time to rest up while still putting him on tv. And being an enforcer is a great way to start a fued with someone.

Also, I really liked bubba's promo, but I think 3-D should have gone straight to the top. They could have turned it into a 3-way fued.