PDA

View Full Version : Kanyon Released

Boondock Saint
02-11-2004, 12:27 PM
From WWE.com

WWE’s Talent Relations Department has announced that Chris Kanyon has been released from his contract as of Monday, Feb. 9.

Damn, that sucks. But he wasn't being used anyways. Maybe TNA will pick him up and use him?

Pepsi Man
02-11-2004, 12:29 PM
****ing bury him on Velocity then release him? Kanyon deserved betta!

Disturbed316
02-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Did you see that sick cut he had on his arm?

Nasty stuff

Mister Sinister
02-11-2004, 12:31 PM
From WWE.com

WWE’s Talent Relations Department has announced that Chris Kanyon has been released from his contract as of Monday, Feb. 9.

Damn, that sucks. But he wasn't being used anyways. Maybe TNA will pick him up and use him?

Could We See the Return of The Raven/Kanyon Tag Team To Take On The Gathering? :drool:

The CyNick
02-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Its so funny to me that Kanyon gets released and people in the WWE are saying they are high on John Heindenriech (anyone know how to spell his name?), makes no sense.

Kanyon is a talented cat, and for whatever reason he just never got a chnace in the WWE. He should be on the next TNA show, and at least with their thin roster he'll get a chance to actually work. Just too bad we dont get to see him on a major level anymore.

Mister Sinister
02-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Its so funny to me that Kanyon gets released and people in the WWE are saying they are high on John Heindenriech (anyone know how to spell his name?), makes no sense.

Kanyon is a talented cat, and for whatever reason he just never got a chnace in the WWE. He should be on the next TNA show, and at least with their thin roster he'll get a chance to actually work. Just too bad we dont get to see him on a major level anymore.

Come On, It's the WWE, They High On Any Untalented Hoss with a Limited Moveset

Corkscrewed
02-11-2004, 01:25 PM
At least we haven't seen John recently.

But damn.. sux for Kanyon. Hopefully he can find a place at TNA or something like that. No paycheck sucks.

Ricky
02-11-2004, 01:27 PM
I thought he left like 3 years ago.

KingofOldSchool
02-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Who betta than Kanyon?

The whole WWE roster. :lol:

Rob
02-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Kanyon ain't gonna be short on work offers. He will easy get a TNA deal and Japan will definately will fighting over him.

John la Rock
02-11-2004, 01:49 PM
haha

Funky Fly
02-11-2004, 02:38 PM
I'd be really pissed, but the WWE is actually doing a decent job, so I won't explode just yet. Who is (or are) in charge of scouting talent and deciding who to push in the WWE?

Sephiroth
02-11-2004, 02:42 PM
It's still pretty ****t that he is released, he just didn't get used as he should be used, so i hope indeed that he will be picked up by the TNA.

Dave Youell
02-11-2004, 02:48 PM
He will be on TNA by next week, good luck to him. I met him last year, nice guy.

HeartBreakMan2k
02-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Kanyon :( I liked him

Sephiroth
02-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Kanyon :( I liked him

R.I.P. Kanyon :wavesad:

MVP
02-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Doesn't surprise me. Hopefully Kanyon gets a better push in TNA.

Funky Fly
02-11-2004, 03:23 PM
I still don't get the reasoning behind some of the things the WWE does.

One day Vince tells all the guys to put on really good matches. Kanyon does this week in and weak out and three weeks later, he's released.

Mr. JL
02-11-2004, 03:40 PM

How the **** does Jon Heidenreich, A-Train, Bradshaw, Matt Morgan, Chuck Palumbo, Johnny Stamboli, Doug Basham, Danny Basham, Orlando Jordan, Rikishi, Batista, Garrison Cade, Mark Jindrak, Faarooq, Mark Henry, Scott Steiner & Ernest Miller, Rosey still employed? In my opinion Kanyon is 10 times better than the guys who I just listed off.

Hell I rank Kanyon up by the RVD's, Booker T & Christian's. And if given a chance to succeed I'd probally rank him up there with Jericho, Benoit or HBK

Rob
02-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Kanyon is twenty times better than most of them (Bashams can work and Morgan is a rookie so I let him slide) but look at all their bodies and you'll have your answer. How Ernest Miller has a job anywhere with his "talents" is amazing.

loopydate
02-11-2004, 03:53 PM
How the **** does Jon Heidenreich, A-Train, Bradshaw, Matt Morgan, Chuck Palumbo, Johnny Stamboli, Doug Basham, Danny Basham, Orlando Jordan, Rikishi, Batista, Garrison Cade, Mark Jindrak, Faarooq, Mark Henry, Scott Steiner & Ernest Miller, Rosey still employed? In my opinion Kanyon is 10 times better than the guys who I just listed off.

Hell I rank Kanyon up by the RVD's, Booker T & Christian's. And if given a chance to succeed I'd probally rank him up there with Jericho, Benoit or HBK

Jon Heidenreich - I agree with you. Way too slow and sloppy too. Dump him.
A-Train - Surprisingly mobile for a big man, not as bad as most believe. Keep.
Bradshaw - Over with the crowd, but otherwise entirely worthless. Dump him.
Matt Morgan - Tons of potential. Could be a big star if used right. Keep him.
Chuck Palumbo - You're kidding, right? Way underused. Keep him.
Johnny Stamboli - See Palumbo. Keep him.
Doug Basham - CAN put on 5* matches, but isn't being allowed to. Keep him.
Danny Basham - Was a fantastic heel in OVW. Can be in WWE. Keep him.
Orlando Jordan - Also has a lot of potential. A legit athlete. Keep him.
Rikishi - Yeah, we get it. You're fat. Go away. Dump him.
Batista - If used right, could be the next Kane. Keep him.
Garrison Cade - FANTASTIC wrestler. Definitely keep him.
Mark Jindrak - A reunion with O'Haire would showcase his skills. Keep him.
Faarooq - On the verge of retirement anyway, so dump him.
Mark Henry - Bet you're regretting that 10-year contract now, eh? Dump him.
Scott Steiner - DUMP HIM NOW!
Ernest Miller - If he didn't have Lamont, he'd be worthless. Dump him.
Rosey - Entertaining gimmick, over with the crowd. Keep him.

Out of all the guys you mentioned, I'd only cut Heidenreich, Bradshaw, Rikishi, Faarooq, Henry, Steiner, and the Cat. You listed some MAJOR talents in that post, dude.

Hardkore Kidd J
02-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Too bad for Kanyon leaving I was really a big fan. I wish him much success in TNA

Gertner
02-11-2004, 04:16 PM
i'm a huge tna fan, so i can't wait for him to arrive

DaveBrawl
02-11-2004, 04:31 PM
It would be nice to see him in TNA, then I have one more reason to rationalize paying $10 for wrestling. I had Jeff Jarret and Raven, hopefully he will get there soon.

Fryza
02-11-2004, 04:38 PM
:'(

KingofOldSchool
02-11-2004, 04:51 PM
The Cat > Kanyon

ilt_undertaker
02-11-2004, 04:56 PM
i'm a huge tna fan, so i can't wait for him to arrive

Razor Rybek
02-11-2004, 05:35 PM
We were never gonna get to see the best of Kanyon in the WWE so i say it's a good thing. Gotta go backwards to go forwards sometomes......

The CyNick
02-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Kanyon is twenty times better than most of them (Bashams can work and Morgan is a rookie so I let him slide) but look at all their bodies and you'll have your answer. How Ernest Miller has a job anywhere with his "talents" is amazing.

looks like you just got Miller fired

Nowhere Man
02-11-2004, 07:15 PM
This is probably for the best. Sure, he won't be making as much money on the indy scene, but now he's got a much longer shelf life, and a shot at regaining his credibility. Whether he comes down South to TNA, or goes over to Japan, or whatever, I'd say this is hardly the end of the world for Kanyon.

$5 says Ultimo Dragon's next.

Mr. JL
02-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Jon Heidenreich - I agree with you. Way too slow and sloppy too. Dump him.
A-Train - Surprisingly mobile for a big man, not as bad as most believe. Keep.
Bradshaw - Over with the crowd, but otherwise entirely worthless. Dump him.
Matt Morgan - Tons of potential. Could be a big star if used right. Keep him.
Chuck Palumbo - You're kidding, right? Way underused. Keep him.
Johnny Stamboli - See Palumbo. Keep him.
Doug Basham - CAN put on 5* matches, but isn't being allowed to. Keep him.
Danny Basham - Was a fantastic heel in OVW. Can be in WWE. Keep him.
Orlando Jordan - Also has a lot of potential. A legit athlete. Keep him.
Rikishi - Yeah, we get it. You're fat. Go away. Dump him.
Batista - If used right, could be the next Kane. Keep him.
Garrison Cade - FANTASTIC wrestler. Definitely keep him.
Mark Jindrak - A reunion with O'Haire would showcase his skills. Keep him.
Faarooq - On the verge of retirement anyway, so dump him.
Mark Henry - Bet you're regretting that 10-year contract now, eh? Dump him.
Scott Steiner - DUMP HIM NOW!
Ernest Miller - If he didn't have Lamont, he'd be worthless. Dump him.
Rosey - Entertaining gimmick, over with the crowd. Keep him.

Out of all the guys you mentioned, I'd only cut Heidenreich, Bradshaw, Rikishi, Faarooq, Henry, Steiner, and the Cat. You listed some MAJOR talents in that post, dude.

Yeah, I know I did. It wasn't wrestlers who I'd necessarily cut... Just a list of wrestlers who in my opinion are not as good as Kanyon, but still have a job. I personally think some of those guys I mentioned are good wrestlers and some with good potential. But I think Kanyon is the superior wrestler if you compare his skills to those who I mentioned.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Mikey
02-11-2004, 07:31 PM
:wavesad: another company that underused him

HeartBreakMan2k
02-11-2004, 09:20 PM
The Cat > Kanyon

DIE :foc: ajsdklafjldskjfldsajl :mad:

The Show Off
02-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Positively Kanyon = Positively Fired

Deceit
02-12-2004, 12:37 AM

LOL!! That's too weird.

diamondcutter
02-12-2004, 05:50 AM
:wavesad: another company that underused him

At least WCW put him on TV every once in a while.

Mikey
02-12-2004, 09:01 AM
I agree

Rob
02-12-2004, 06:45 PM

Don't say I don't do anything for the good of this business :p

YOUR Hero
02-12-2004, 09:26 PM
From what I remember of him back in the WCW days he always worked hard in his matches and showed show very nice moves. Too bad for him, but I'm firmly in the belief that he'll get work elsewhere.

The CyNick
02-12-2004, 11:35 PM
Don't say I don't do anything for the good of this business :p

You should get a medal for getting him fired, now you gotta see if you can get Nick Dinsmore on WWE TV to replace him.......but now that I think of it, I dont even think God can get that done.

Bad Guy
02-13-2004, 01:20 AM
Back when Kanyon started the whole 'who betta than' everyone started diggin him. Then he got injured and came back and everyone forgot who the hell he was. :nono: Too bad.