PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of JBL?

Jordan
09-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Im just curious, do you hold him in the class of main eventers like Angle, Lesnar, Undertaker, Mankind, Triple H, etc...?

I do, He had a great title run and everything after was pretty good, I see him as a big name, what about you?

HaTeR
09-29-2006, 02:20 PM
No.

What Would Kevin Do?
09-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Yes.

Destor
09-29-2006, 02:21 PM
He's like the Sgt. Slaughter of our day. He's been up their with the great, some people will call him great, but he's not really great.

Mister Sinister
09-29-2006, 02:24 PM
He is an Top Quality Heel no doubt...However he has things about him, that you really don't see in an World Champion

He's good on the Mic and has great Charisma

However, He looks overweight at times, and lacks talent...I mean not even that entertaining in the ring, as far as putting an match on.

I used to hate JBL with an Passion...However his role as an commontator, has opened my eyes on him abit

Stickman
09-29-2006, 02:33 PM
I loved the APA

TerranRich
09-29-2006, 02:58 PM
He's like the Sgt. Slaughter of our day. He's been up their with the great, some people will call him great, but he's not really great.
Yet he's still in the Hall of Fame. That's putting JBL right up there.

Destor
09-29-2006, 03:07 PM
I know.

Jaton
09-29-2006, 03:08 PM
I don't doubt that JBL will be in the Hall of Fame.

Destor
09-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Ivan Koloff (a career jobber) and Tito Santana (a career mid-carder) are also in this Hall of Fame. It's not that elite.

Jaton
09-29-2006, 03:13 PM
So eventually, we'll get to see Brooklyn Brawler and Jeff Jarrett in the HoF?

D Mac
09-29-2006, 03:16 PM
:heart:

Jeritron
09-29-2006, 03:22 PM
I like him as a personality. His character and his time on the mic entertains me. I'm just not a big fan of him as a main event "wrestler". He had his run and now that hes out of action I think his niche is commentary, and maybe a GM or Commish role in the future.

What does it even take to get in the WWE Hall of Fame? Based on some of the current members is it safe to assume that half of WWE wrestlers from 97-05 are as good as in

Fox
09-29-2006, 04:09 PM
I honestly think very little of JBL. He could never draw like a Rock, Austin, or even a Goldberg. He could never put on the quality of matches even barely comparable to those of Angle, HBK, Benoit, Hart, or even Undertaker or Hogan.

I never could figure out how he skyrocketed to the WWE Championship so fast. I never could figure out why Guerrero jobbed to him and never got the title back. And for a long time, mostly during his feud with John Cena, I didn't get how anyone could buy him as the top guy in WWE.

I'll always remember him as just a member of the Acolyes/APA, and as a fat cowboy jobbing for the hardcore championship.

ron the dial
09-29-2006, 04:17 PM
I always liked Bradshaw as a member of the Acolytes/APA, but when he made the transition to JBL he kind of pissed me off (which I guess was the point). I've liked him a lot more recently that he's not in the ring anymore because he is gold on the mic. I don't know if I would put him in the Hall of Fame category, but that's not really my choice.

XL
09-29-2006, 05:38 PM
I really didn't like Bradshaw as part of the Acolytes/APA and was more than unhappy when he got his push and subsequent World Title victory. I was a very big critic of the choice WWE made when they made Bradshaw the top guy on SmackDown!. Having said that he impressed me immensly on the mic and put his all into storylines. He didn't improve in the ring yet got the longest title run in 10 years, which again annoyed me.

Having retired from active competition I think we get the best of what JBL has to offer. I am championing the "JBL for Raw GM" campaign.

On the HOF thing I think he will definately be in there at some point. A company guy that has been loyal for over a decade, former World Champ who has held other titles, now a commentator and future wrestling personality (manager/GM) do you really think his inclusion is in any doubt?

Kane Knight
09-29-2006, 05:52 PM
JBL is a great mic man, but he's shit in the ring. I don't mean Cena/Rock "only has three moves" shit, I mean bona fide "Even his brawling looks crappy" sort of shit. I find it hard to consider him truly great when his matches are generally crap. He was a decent midcard act with a main event mouth, and is entertaining as Hell when he doesn't step in the ring.

Gouda
09-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Haven't posted here in a long time...

I think that JBL was pretty awesome in feuds, on the mic, and the build up...etc...

But his matches always pretty much sucked and I would never actually want to buy a PPV to see him.

However, now that he is on commentary, I do miss his character... sure he's still there, but he's not up in the ring cutting promos on people and having feuds and stuff.

Crippla
09-29-2006, 11:33 PM
JBL is the fucking man.

Kane Knight
09-29-2006, 11:36 PM
JBL is a wrestling...God.....

Fox
09-29-2006, 11:37 PM
If you like JBL, you hate Jewish people.

You heard it here first.

Kane Knight
09-29-2006, 11:39 PM
I hate Jews. You heard it hear <s>for the million time</s> first <s>there should be cake</s>.

Crippla
09-29-2006, 11:42 PM
here*

Kane Knight
09-29-2006, 11:46 PM
Are you questioning my spelling they're?

Crippla
09-29-2006, 11:47 PM
lol....

Skippord
09-30-2006, 12:16 AM
I intensley dislike him

the only reason why I dont totally hate him is he is kinda amusing sometimes

Jeritron
09-30-2006, 12:24 AM
I particularly liked him at the pre-WM22 Saturday Nights Main Event

"Hello welcome to NBC and my name is NOT Earl, its JBL"

Y2Jeremy
09-30-2006, 12:54 AM
His was great in the APA. And he earned his stripes as a maineventer with his promos. That said, he never was any good in the ring, his style sucked in that he brawled like some fat guy in a bar, and he never, I repeat NEVER won a match cleanly. Cheap victories make the title cheap, and JBL as the champ was as stupid as his promos were good. He is a good character, though, and if he would have improved inring, he could have had epic battles, and not just lame ass cheating matches.

Jeritron
09-30-2006, 01:02 AM
A cheap heel win is good here or there, but I agree with you that it cheapens the title sometimes, especially when its such a long reign. I didnt watch much Smackdown during JBLs reign, but I've seen more agonizing heel title reigns (i.e HHH's 03 reign), my god what a cheap ending, no-sell burial ground that was...

D Mac
09-30-2006, 01:08 AM
:heart:

Y2Jeremy
09-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Yeah, HHH sucked it hard for about 4 years, and DX hasnt made anyone forget that in a few months he will be burying Orton (oh well), Carlito(damn), Super Crazy, Shelton, Edge, and eventually Cena himself. HHH has not changed, but atleast with Edge and Cena we get a match every week with a majority of clean pins. JBL was not the political shovel that HHH is, but he could only pin funaki clean, he even had to cheat to beat guys like Luther Reigns.

El Fangel
09-30-2006, 02:07 AM
I honestly think very little of JBL. He could never draw like a Rock, Austin, or even a Goldberg. He could never put on the quality of matches even barely comparable to those of Angle, HBK, Benoit, Hart, or even Undertaker or Hogan.

I never could figure out how he skyrocketed to the WWE Championship so fast. I never could figure out why Guerrero jobbed to him and never got the title back. And for a long time, mostly during his feud with John Cena, I didn't get how anyone could buy him as the top guy in WWE.

I'll always remember him as just a member of the Acolyes/APA, and as a fat cowboy jobbing for the hardcore championship.

Jeritron
09-30-2006, 02:21 AM
"JBL, the only reason you were champion for a year is because HHH didn't want to work Tuesdays" - Paul Heyman

Jeritron
09-30-2006, 02:32 AM
Yeah, HHH sucked it hard for about 4 years, and DX hasnt made anyone forget that in a few months he will be burying Orton (oh well), Carlito(damn), Super Crazy, Shelton, Edge, and eventually Cena himself. HHH has not changed, but atleast with Edge and Cena we get a match every week with a majority of clean pins. JBL was not the political shovel that HHH is, but he could only pin funaki clean, he even had to cheat to beat guys like Luther Reigns.

I hope HHH doesnt go "back on his throne" after DX, at least no to the extent of 02-04, that was absurd. At least in 04-06 he jobbed the title a few times. I STILL have a sour taste in my mouth from his squash-fest in 03. He went through RVD, Kane, Jericho, Booker T, Steiner (dont really care that he buried him tho), and just about everyone who should have been getting their runs in the wake of Austin and Rock finally leaving. Even Shawn Michaels only got a 1 month title reign. And who did he finally drop the title to after all that, Goldberg:| ...for like a month. I marked out when he finally dropped it to Benoit.

Anyways back to topic.

owenbrown
09-30-2006, 03:17 AM
"JBL, the only reason you were champion for a year is because HHH didn't want to work Tuesdays" - Paul Heyman

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.