PDA

View Full Version : New RAW Opening theme...

Tb1
10-03-2006, 04:38 AM
...by Papa Roach?

"Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

Papa Roach's single "To Be Loved" off their new album "Paramour Sessions" will be the new official opening theme song for WWE RAW each week on USA Network.

It's possible the new theme will debut tonight, although with next week's show being billed as the season opener, it'd make more sense that the song begins with that show."

FaceOfDeath
10-03-2006, 05:28 AM
They should go back to that classic raw theme

"Thorn in your eye"

Londoner
10-03-2006, 06:28 AM
They have changed it? Interesting. I also think they should just go back to the classic theme.

Kane Knight
10-03-2006, 10:20 AM
Papa Roach and Drowning Pool. Not a theme worth hearing in the wrestling world.

PullMyFinger
10-03-2006, 10:27 AM
I personally think the All American Rejects "Dirty little secret" would be best for Raw. It would have Triple H winking at the screen when the song says "ill keep u my dirty little secret!"

TerranRich
10-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Let the bodies hit the... tss tss tss tss. FLOOOOOAOAORAOROROAROAOROARARARUAURAORUAORRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ONE, nothing wrong with me...

Kane Knight
10-03-2006, 10:54 AM
TWO, nothing wrong with me...

THREE, nothing wrong with me...
FOUR, nothing wrong with me...
FIVE, nothing wrong with me...
SIX, nothing wrong with me...
SEVEN, nothing wrong with me...
EIGHT, nothing wrong with me...
NINE, nothing wrong with me...
TEN, nothing wrong with me...
ELEVEN, nothing wrong with me...
TWELVE, nothing wrong with me...
THIRTEEN, nothing wrong with me...

The Naitch
10-03-2006, 11:27 AM
next week probably

Savio
10-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Nah the WWE will swerve us and play it on smackdown

Y2Jeremy
10-03-2006, 01:20 PM
TWELVE, nothing wrong with me...
THIRTEEN, nothing wrong with me...

O.K. guys, thats enough. Eventually, "Somethings' got to give" (couldn't resist)
I will have to hear the theme to make a decision, but I have grown accustom to the Union Underground. But then again I think that the SD! I want it all theme is better than Rise Up. Maybe now they can give Test back the UU theme.

RGWhat316
10-03-2006, 01:29 PM
I don't mind the Papa Roach song, but I dunno how fit it will be as the RAW theme.

St. Jimmy
10-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Yeah, if you actually go to Papa Roach's myspace you can hear the song (along with others)... and they're still fucking terrible.

TerranRich
10-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I don't know, the current theme (WTF's the name of it?) has kinda grown on me. It's become familiar, much like "All Together Now/Thorn In Your Eye" had become toward the end of its use. They should keep it for a few more years before changing it.

And when they DO change it, make sure it's not SHIT.

Kane Knight
10-03-2006, 03:07 PM
The current theme's "Across the NAtion." There's supposed to be at least 3 different mixes, though I've only ever heard two used on TV.

Tb1
10-03-2006, 03:08 PM
"I just want to be, want to be lo-o-oved."

Nothing's more RAW than giving your opponent a soft kiss on the cheek.

Joey Slugs
10-03-2006, 06:08 PM
New Song.... New Set?

ron the dial
10-03-2006, 06:34 PM
^ New set = great idea.

Papa Roach sucks. But it's just a theme song, so I'm sure I'll get over it.

Shadow
10-03-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm gonna miss the current song.

Cause they do sing "Play that fucking music" on cable tv...UNCENSORED!

Kane Knight
10-03-2006, 09:11 PM
I thought they were saying "play that funky music."

Damn, you mean this isn't a cover?

Xero
10-03-2006, 09:37 PM
PLAY THAT FUNKY MOVIE WHITE BOY!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/cenamarine.jpg

Skippord
10-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I think they should go with

SLAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Vastardikai
10-04-2006, 03:03 AM
I'll be honest. I liked Papa Roach, until I heard "Hallowed be thy Name" by Iron Maiden and realized it was the riff that PR stole for "Last Resort." And that "Between Angels and Insects" was more or less ripped off almost verbatim from Fight Club. Then the singer, Jacoby Shaddix, went apeshit over every man, woman, child, farm animal, and kitchen utensil that called him by his old Stage name, Coby Dick. My theory is he got sick of being asked if his middle name was "Sucks."

That and they have started doing that lovely thing called Genre hopping: Where they'll rip any genre for a hit. "Scars" was Emo as all hell. The New song sounds like it could have been recorded by Sum 41 or Good Charlotte.

To eventually drag this back into topic, I'm gonna say that they should have some Exodus for the theme.

Y2Jeremy
10-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Cena looks like Dolph Lungren in that pic.

KingofOldSchool
10-04-2006, 11:35 AM
If they want to be cool, their new opener should be sung by Panic! At The Disco.

It'd cause the demographics among emo kids to go up 123%.

TerranRich
10-04-2006, 01:41 PM
I chime in with a "Haven't you people ever of...closing a GODdamn door!"

No, KoOS. It's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise...and rationality, if you will.

.44 Magdalene
10-04-2006, 06:10 PM
I think it's about high time I killed myself.

Skippord
10-04-2006, 06:26 PM
tbh I would kill something if Panic! At The Disco was the new Raw theme

TerranRich
10-04-2006, 09:17 PM
LMAO, I would SHIT on somebody's chest if they used any type of Emo.

Skippord
10-04-2006, 09:20 PM
I dunno Raw opening with

"CRAWWWWWWWWWLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN MYYYYYYYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN"

Would be sweet

Xero
10-04-2006, 09:21 PM
I dunno Raw opening with

"SAAAAAAABBBBIIINNN FOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR THEEEEEEEEEE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNN!"

Would be sweet

Skippord
10-04-2006, 09:31 PM
I'd mark out

parkmania
10-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Curious why Trips didn't insist on Motorhead for the new theme on "his show."

Nervous Ferret
10-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Would be sweet if there was no music. Just a carton of milk on a plaid picnic tablecoth. halfway through, it spills over.

SMELL THE RATINGS

Skippord
10-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Motorhead should be the theme to all shows ever

Kane Knight
10-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Because he wants Motorhead only to be associated with him, and possibly Flair. There are negroes on that show.

Jeritron
10-05-2006, 05:45 AM
I chime in with a "Haven't you people ever of...closing a GODdamn door!"

No, KoOS. It's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise...and rationality, if you will.

I tune in, but hasnt DX ever heard of, jobbing a goddamn match, no, its much better to watch these kinds of things, with a sense of mark irrationality

The Naitch
10-06-2006, 01:30 PM
the Papa Roach song sucks

I wanna be loved? What the fuck. Makes wrestling sound even more gay

Kane Knight
10-06-2006, 03:31 PM

Finally, a song that'll make Smackdown's sound awesome.

...Unil they change it to "Fallout Boy."

Tb1
10-06-2006, 03:34 PM

It's a terrible song. It doesn't fit, whatsoever.

Mr. Nerfect
10-06-2006, 08:46 PM
The current RAW atmosphere just makes me sick. The theme, the set, the commentators, everything. Boot out Jerry Lawler, replacing him with Josh Mathews and change the set while you're at it. The new theme will do them good, just because it's fresh. I haven't heard the song, but the change alone is welcomed by me. Don't show clips of the band during it, either. RAW could even use a new logo.

So yeah, I'm all for the WWE changing everything about RAW.

Kane Knight
10-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Yes. new is always good.

Y2Jeremy
10-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Josh Matthews should have lost his job after calling Greg Helms the Hurricane at the press conference. I like the idea of revamping RAW, but wrestling should ALWAYS have an aggressive theme, ALWAYS. I hope they don't lose the industrial look though with the RAW logo made with metal.

Kane Knight
10-07-2006, 03:28 PM
They should change the theme to something that's energetic and heavy. If they change it at all. Across the Nation is a great song for Raw, but if they're going to change it, it should be something that fits--I know they're going to change it fr marketing reasons (as in, to shill the new guys for publicity), but it should at least fit. Some of their crossover themes have worked out really well. Most of them have sucked more ass than the One at a Kanyon fanclub.

Skippord
10-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Honestly I think it should be a Slayer song

Kane Knight
10-08-2006, 11:08 AM
I'll be honest. I liked Papa Roach, until I heard "Hallowed be thy Name" by Iron Maiden and realized it was the riff that PR stole for "Last Resort."

The only real "riff" in "Last Resort" is a line that sounds like a classical piano line. Basically, if Papa Roach ripped it off, then so did Maiden.

Actually, I could swear I've heard the same "riff" played on flutes before too.

This is more or less like the whole argument that Jet stole "Are you gonna be my girl?" from the White Stripes, who stole it from Iggy and the Stooges, who stole it from....Well, you get the point.

So if you hate Papa Roach, that's fine. But if you're going to hate them for ripping off a generic riff that should in no way be considered proprietary to any group this side of the Rennaisance, then you're hating them for a really stupid reason.

Me? I hate them, but mostly for being boring, not because they stole something. And really, if you're going to hate artists for stealing, throw out Maiden, Sabbath, Metallica...Everything that's in the metal category is basically lifted from blues or classical. Throw in some power chords (Rock), and some downtuning (technically still classical, but primarily spanish guitar work), and you have 99.995% of metal.

It goes for every genre, really.

Y2Jeremy
10-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Survey says, New RAW is pretty good.