PDA

View Full Version : Escape The Rules

Volchok
12-11-2003, 04:51 PM
- Vince McMahon, along with the WWE have come up with a new marketing campaign. The WWE hopes to bring back old fans who stopped watching the product, as well as bring in new fans. The new campaign is called "Escape The Rules." It will be running over the next four months and is costing the WWE around 2 million dollars. The whole idea of this new campaign is to break the rules. They will take widely accepted rules such as "Look before you leap", and turn them upside down. The purpose of the advertisement campaign will be to show viewers that RAW is a way to "escape the rules", which is causing many to believe that the WWE will be pushing RAW to be a more "edgy" program. There was the "WWF Attitude era", which was to show viewers that the WWF product had "attitude". This new campaign is to show that WWE RAW truly "escapes the rules".

From the main tpww.net website incase anyone hasnt read it... but finally there gonna give us what we want.... hopefully they wont screw this up and they will bring back the old fans...

Champion of Europa
12-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Could be entertaining.

Spoon Bender
12-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Well RAW already breaks several of the old rules such as that Wrestling shows should include wrestling and that TV shows should have viewers. ;)

GARAGExBANDxGEEK
12-11-2003, 05:08 PM
They have been losing People for a long time. This is just another way for them to try and bring back WWF Attitude era. [which will suck]

Corkscrewed
12-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Lets see if they DO "break the rules" though, and not just give us watered down "shockers" like HLA and necrophelia.

The CyNick
12-11-2003, 05:52 PM
I dont get where the news is in this story.

So they have a new advertising slogan, who the hell cares? Lets wait to see how that translates to the TV product before we make any judgments.

Ricky
12-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Yeah. I was reading the WWE corp site and they are saying that a couple of weeks ago they started a "Smack Your TV" campaign for Smackdown, yet I knew absolutely nothing about it until a few hours ago. So it can't have been that effective.

This Raw one sounds interesting though. If it's actually some sort of new concept that will change the show, then it might be good. But if it's just some stupid line for them to shout around, it likely won't have much effect at all. A bit like Get The F Out and Ruthless Agression.

sexymanalive
12-28-2003, 05:49 PM
hey i like that Get The F Out and Ruthless Agression. stuff is was funny better then what WCW had what was it lets play dirtly