View Full Version : TPWW's Most Hated Wrestler: Finals

Destor
10-10-2006, 04:56 AM
Per Deisle Mac's request I have counted the votes and here you go:

Hulk Hogan
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/h/hulkhogan2/22.jpg

vs

The Great Khali

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/d/dalipsingh/11.jpg (http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/d/dalipsingh/11.jpg)

Destor
10-10-2006, 04:57 AM
Hogan

What Would Kevin Do?
10-10-2006, 05:05 AM
Hogan

St. Jimmy
10-10-2006, 05:23 AM
Hogan

Dave Youell
10-10-2006, 06:26 AM
Hogan

Ben Rodrigues
10-10-2006, 07:02 AM
Hogan.

The Fugitive
10-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Khal.... Hogan

JH
10-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Hogan.

El Fangel
10-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Hogan.

Mr. Aristocrat
10-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Hogan.

Caged Heat18
10-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Khali

The Naitch
10-10-2006, 11:24 AM
Hogan

El Fangel
10-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Caged Heat, what have you done.

Says in weird Simpson, old irishman voice.

"get em fella's"

Tb1
10-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Khali

Avenger
10-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Ah fuck it's gotta' be Khali. Give Hogan a break he's senile.

Destor
10-10-2006, 03:27 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/wrestling/leno-hulk-hogan.jpg

http://www.zima-sisters.net/madeline/mrnanny/mrnanny.jpg

Some things can not be forgiven.

Xero
10-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Khali.

There's bad, and then there's BAD.

At least Hogan never killed anyone in the ring...

What Would Kevin Do?
10-11-2006, 06:24 AM
Khali.

There's bad, and then there's BAD.

At least Hogan never killed anyone in the ring...

You make it sound like Khali up and did something wrong.

It wasn't Khali's fault. It was the guy who wasn't bumping properly, plus the school, if I recall correctly, for allowing him to keep going.

Also, I'd like to vote for Hogan again.

Jeritron
10-11-2006, 06:37 AM
It wasnt the Revolting Blobs fault either, but because that guy didnt pinch his leg to signal he was running short of air, he died. Nobody forgave him and he had to go into hiding as an elementary school principal.

Hogan

ClockShot
10-11-2006, 08:43 AM
My vote goes to the majority. Hogan.

Xero
10-11-2006, 08:53 AM
I'm not saying Khali did it purposely, or that it even influenced my vote (it was more of a joke), but honestly, if you had to see an unedited Khali vs. Undertaker match or a Hogan promo, you'd honestly rather see the Khali match?

Christ people.

Impact!
10-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Khali

ron the dial
10-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Hogan. Khali just sucks in the ring. Hogan sucks at life. Or maybe he's so good at it that I hate him. Either way, my vote still goes to Hogan.

Übermensch
10-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Khali.

I know Hogan has long overstayed his welcome (an understatment), but he's done more for the industry businesswise than almost anybody else. Whether or not you say that Vince could have just as easily put somebody else in there to do what Hogan did, the fact of the matter is that he didn't, and Hogan is a big reason that we're all on this forum today.

Plus, people seem to be overlooking that Hogan *was* very entertaining at a point in his carreer, whether or not he was putting on technical masterpieces. I'd wager that a good amount of people voting for Hogan in this have only seen some tapes of his prime years in the 80s. Also, was the nWo really THAT BAD from 96-97?, specifically Hogan's feud with Sting?

I'm not going to defend a lot of things that Hogan has done in his career, nor claim that he should win an award for TPWW's Most Loved Wrestler, but come on, I think voting him Most Hated Wrestler is a little extreme.

D Mac
10-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Khali

Crippla
10-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Khali. At least Hogan did contribute something to wrestling at one time.

redoneja
10-12-2006, 07:15 PM
lol this is just sad.

Volare
10-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Hogan

Mr. JL
10-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Khali

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
10-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Hogan.

WHATCHA GONNA DOOO, BROTHER?! WHATCHA GONNA DOOO, WHEN YOU BECOME TPWW'S MOST HATED WRESTLER, DUUUDE?!

Crippla
10-12-2006, 11:02 PM
ALAYLALALALALIALALALALALLA

Petethegeekstreet
10-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Hogan def

Crippla
10-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Your vote doesn't count, Pete. You should be IP banned :)

McLegend
10-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Khali

Bad Company
10-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Khali
Hogan is the greatest.

Dorkchop
10-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Hogan. Sorry, he's actually hurting wrestling every time he gets in the ring now. Even worse when he refuses to put anyone over.

Dorkchop
10-12-2006, 11:39 PM
I blame the WWE more than I do Khali for the shittyness that was the Great Khali this summer. From what I've seen, Khali can put on a decent-ish match... but the WWE didn't want him to wrestle. They just wanted him to stand in one spot and not move for 2 minutes, then sneeze, and pin a guy.

El Fangel
10-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Hell it looks like Hogan won't even job in a most hated wrestler contest.

DaveWadding
10-13-2006, 01:34 AM
http://www.thewrestlingfanatic.com/images/magazines/wwf_wwe/wwf_wwe_mags/wwf_june_1993.jpg

Skippord
10-13-2006, 01:52 AM
Hogan

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
10-13-2006, 05:29 AM
Hogan

ddpBANG
10-13-2006, 05:44 AM
Hogan

Goulet
10-13-2006, 03:48 PM
http://myspace-487.vo.llnwd.net/00934/78/46/934246487_l.gif

Mister Sinister
10-13-2006, 06:40 PM
John Cena...

Oh Wait, he didn't make it this far.

Khali

Atleast you can somewhat understand what Hogans says....sometimes

Crippla
10-14-2006, 10:21 AM
From what I've seen, Khali can put on a decent-ish match....
No.

Jordan
10-14-2006, 12:45 PM
hogan

Xero
10-14-2006, 12:54 PM
I blame the WWE more than I do Khali for the shittyness that was the Great Khali this summer. From what I've seen, Khali can put on a decent-ish match... but the WWE didn't want him to wrestle. They just wanted him to stand in one spot and not move for 2 minutes, then sneeze, and pin a guy.
To be fair, that's what everyone eventually degrades into in WWE if they aren't sucking Vince's dick.

James Steele
10-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Hogan

Better Than You
10-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Khali, Hogan is one of the all time greats.

Mr. Aristocrat
10-14-2006, 03:22 PM
...Hogan is one of the all time greats.

Drugs are bad MmMmKay.

Better Than You
10-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Give someone else shit I stand by what I said.

Mr. Aristocrat
10-14-2006, 03:35 PM
If you continue to stand by what you say, than I will continue to give you shit.

I find it odd that a CM Punk fan is such a horrific abuser of crack.:D

Better Than You
10-14-2006, 03:41 PM
You couldn't give me a decent argument as to why Hogan isn't one of the all time greats right now. Bottom line is, he is on eof the greatest draws of all time, and the most well known wrestler ever. He may be rubbish in the ring for someone of my tastes, but regardless i fthis he is exactly what most wrestling fans are looking for. In fact he is wrestling to a lot of people.

ron the dial
10-14-2006, 03:49 PM
He is wrestling to people living in the past. He isn't worth shit today. He hasn't been worth shit for a while. I can't remember the last time that I actually looked forward to seeing Hogan in the ring. At least since his WCW days. He's a prick backstage, but that's really got nothing to do with it. I hate Hogan on my TV because he doesn't entertain anymore. Hulkamania ought to be dead.

Better Than You
10-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Coming from someone who constinatly watches wrestling at a time when the buisness is in a slump. What does that tell you?

ron the dial
10-14-2006, 03:53 PM
As if I didn't watch wrestling when it was in a boom period. Fuck off.

Mr. Aristocrat
10-14-2006, 03:54 PM
This is TPWW's most hated, not who was the bigger draw. I had to see a couple of months worth of Khali mindless promos and bad matches, I have had to see a couple decades worth of Hogan mindless promos and and bad matches. The fact he is a huge draw is a meaningless argument in this debate.

Better Than You
10-14-2006, 04:00 PM
No it's really not. You are comenting on me saying Hogan is an all time great. That's what this stems from. Nothing else. But go ahead and back track.

Better Than You
10-14-2006, 04:04 PM
As if I didn't watch wrestling when it was in a boom period. Fuck off.I never implied you didn't. That fact that you still watch says to me that what you believe to be good does not reflect what is good for the business or the casual mainstream fan. Lets face it, our opinions aren't worth much, yeah we like what we like but that doesn't reflect into ratings/buyrates does it? Did Jericho/Angle/Steamboat/ or Debiasie translate into big money? No. The shittiest wrestlers are always the biggest draws. If wrestling wasn't in a slump right now Cena would be huge, but there are too many of us, and not enough of the Joe blows watching for him to make a difference. If the kind of stuff I like was relevant RoH would be the biggest thing in wrestling history not just some third rate indy company...

Xero
10-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Coming from someone who constinatly watches wrestling at a time when the buisness is in a slump. What does that tell you?
If you currently watch wrestling, wouldn't that void your argument as well?

Mr. Aristocrat
10-14-2006, 04:07 PM
The fact that he is a draw doesn't make him an all time great. It makes him one of the biggest draws in history...now if you can somehow explain to me how him being able to draw in a lot of people means in any way, shape, or form that he isn't the most hated wrestler on TPWW?

And I don't mind that you are wow'd by Hogan's ability to get marks in the building, but to say he is an all time great, on an internet forum full of "smarts"...well it's just plain asking to get some attention.

Better Than You
10-14-2006, 04:07 PM
If you currently watch wrestling, wouldn't that void your argument as well?That what I like doens't mean shit. And that means Hogan is the man.

Better Than You
10-14-2006, 04:13 PM
The fact that he is a draw doesn't make him an all time great.Yes it does. Go to any wrestler and ask what the most import thing is as a wrestler and they will tell you it's putting but in the seat. PERIOD. So the guy who put the most butts in the seats is the best. That guy is Hogan. It makes him one of the biggest draws in history...now if you can somehow explain to me how him being able to draw in a lot of people means in any way, shape, or form that he isn't the most hated wrestler on TPWW?I never argued that. Istaed that him being one of the all time greats meant that I couldn't vote him as most hated. That argument you pulled out of your ass.

And I don't mind that you are wow'd by Hogan's ability to get marks in the building, but to say he is an all time great, on an internet forum full of "smarts"...well it's just plain asking to get some attention.That is the most important aspect of the buisiness. Something smarks tend to forget. Or just ignore. It's not about having good matches, or the like, it's about making money off of the dumbest people you can find. THATS the wrestling buisiness. At least that how a true smart fan sees it.

ron the dial
10-14-2006, 04:14 PM
I never implied you didn't. That fact that you still watch says to me that what you believe to be good does not reflect what is good for the business or the casual mainstream fan. Lets face it, our opinions aren't worth much, yeah we like what we like but that doesn't reflect into ratings/buyrates does it? Did Jericho/Angle/Steamboat/ or Debiasie translate into big money? No. The shittiest wrestlers are always the biggest draws. If wrestling wasn't in a slump right now Cena would be huge, but there are too many of us, and not enough of the Joe blows watching for him to make a difference. If the kind of stuff I like was relevant RoH would be the biggest thing in wrestling history not just some third rate indy company...
I don't give a fuck about draws. I understand the necessity of a company to have guys like Hogan around because it allows them to stay in business. But that doesn't mean that I have to like that man. I prefer talent in the ring. While the man that I voted against, Khali, is no ring technician himself, I haven't had to deal with him as long. Thus, I hate Hogan more.

Better Than You
10-14-2006, 04:19 PM
I don't give a fuck about draws. I understand the necessity of a company to have guys like Hogan around because it allows them to stay in business. But that doesn't mean that I have to like that man. I prefer talent in the ring. While the man that I voted against, Khali, is no ring technician himself, I haven't had to deal with him as long. Thus, I hate Hogan more.I don't care why you voted Hogan or that you voted Hogan, Joey J jumped me after I said Hogan is an all time great (stating my reason for voting Khali, nothing more.) Vote for who you hate, I don't care. If who is the best for business isn't your no. 1 concern, your basing you opinions for markish reasons. Thats just the way it is. Wrestling doesn't draw, sorry. CM Punk is my favorite wrestler. That's based on my Markism toward him. Hogan is still the greatest. And I am not a fan of his.

ron the dial
10-14-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm still not seeing your connection between being a huge draw and being the greatest of all time. There are far more factors to consider than that alone. As I said before I understand that wrestling needs huge draws to survive, but you can't just use that as the sole factor in determining greatness. It just doesn't make sense.

Better Than You
10-14-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm still not seeing your connection between being a huge draw and being the greatest of all time. There are far more factors to consider than that alone. As I said before I understand that wrestling needs huge draws to survive, but you can't just use that as the sole factor in determining greatness. It just doesn't make sense.Yes it does. Wrestling is a buisness. And in a buisness your goal is to make the most money possible. If you are making money, exspecially the amounts of money Hogan made for the WWE, clearly people are enjoying your product. Making money is every booker/promoter/ and wrestlers major (if not only) goal.

Question: which do more people remmeber? Hogan/Andre or Savage/Steamboat? The answer is obvious.

Mr. Aristocrat
10-14-2006, 06:40 PM
BTY, you are missing the point. This thread isn't asking who is the better business choice, or who has had the better career. It's asking the people of TPWW to make a choice as to who they hate more. Not the fans in general, this very small and ultimately unimportant group of fans. You saying a lot of people like/love him is the reason you choose to like him more is so fucking sheepish it makes me wonder how you breath without someone else there to show you how.

Now, I have no problem what-so-ever if you happen to like Hogan. That's great. I 100% disagree, but that doesn't change the fact that you are a fan of his and in this business we all get to love and hate whoever we want and for whatever reasons. But that's where my problem came up. Had you just voted for Hogan, it would have been fine, but since you voted for him and than gave your reasoning behind it as he is a great draw...that makes no sense. It was an opinion question. Not a question of who was better with sales, overness, charisma, or even in ring talent per-say...it was asking who you hated more. And if you reasoning for hating someone less (or even liking him) is based on how OTHER people view/treat/react to him, than you are a mindless sheep.

There, I have said my peace...

Better Than You
10-14-2006, 06:55 PM
BTY, you are missing the point. This thread isn't asking who is the better business choice, or who has had the better career. It's asking the people of TPWW to make a choice as to who they hate more. Not the fans in general, this very small and ultimately unimportant group of fans. You saying a lot of people like/love him is the reason you choose to like him more is so fucking sheepish it makes me wonder how you breath without someone else there to show you how.

Now, I have no problem what-so-ever if you happen to like Hogan. That's great. I 100% disagree, but that doesn't change the fact that you are a fan of his and in this business we all get to love and hate whoever we want and for whatever reasons. But that's where my problem came up. Had you just voted for Hogan, it would have been fine, but since you voted for him and than gave your reasoning behind it as he is a great draw...that makes no sense. It was an opinion question. Not a question of who was better with sales, overness, charisma, or even in ring talent per-say...it was asking who you hated more. And if you reasoning for hating someone less (or even liking him) is based on how OTHER people view/treat/react to him, than you are a mindless sheep.

There, I have said my peace...You clearly haven't listened to ANYTHING I have said...

V
10-14-2006, 07:02 PM
khali

he killed someone? 0_o

Nervous Ferret
10-14-2006, 07:11 PM
lol guys this is retarded. Hogan is the most recognizable face (aside from maybe The Rock) in the history of wrestling.

ron the dial
10-14-2006, 07:27 PM
lol guys this is retarded. Hogan is the most recognizable face (aside from maybe The Rock) in the history of wrestling.
But that's not the point.

Übermensch
10-15-2006, 07:10 PM

There, I have said my peace...

You attacked him for voting for Khali before he said anything about Hogan's drawing ability, therefore invalidating that argument.

Obviously, there are factors to liking a wrestler other than their drawing power. Better Than You stated clearly that his favorite wrestler is CM Punk, so it's not like he chooses who he likes purely on drawing power. However, my argument, and what I take BTY's point as is that, while drawing power is not everything, it can't be dismissed. Even if you don't like guys like Hogan, they play a big role in ensuring that guys like Benoit, Jericho, Punk, ect. have a timeslot for you to watch them on television every week. Nobody's saying that Hogan's drawing ability should make him everyone's favorite wrestler, but voting him the most hated wrestler is a rejection of the fact that professional wrestling is a business. Even if you don't like Hogan, an appreciation of how he's paved the way for so many other people should at least prevent him from being your most hated wrestler.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
10-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Hogan is one of the all time greats.
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2568/bigpoppasp9.jpg

Pinnacle Charisma
10-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Hogan

Crippla
10-18-2006, 03:59 PM
I don't know why you're all arguing over who is better. That's not even what this is about. This is strictly your opinion on who you hate more, nothing else.