PDA

View Full Version : Old UFC DVDs

Stickman
10-17-2006, 01:31 PM
I'd like to see old time UFC. Before rules and what not. I'd really like to get a dvd of UFC 1. I kind of get the feeling that since Dana White came around, they're basically ignoring anything prior. Whats the best route here?

Apocolyptik1
10-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Go to your local video rental and rent Ultimate Knockouts 1-3. Their are a lot of matches on those dvd's from before Zuffa acquired everything.

You can rent them from video stores most of the time, just depends on which place you go to I guess, also, check out UFC on demand.

RP
10-17-2006, 07:15 PM
download UFC 1 and 2 from torrents.

Things have definetly changed. Honestly i rather have it the old way, but considering how vicious guys are these days and how big they are, I just dont think they'd hold up. Guys back then would come out and fight with broken bones and ripped shoulders and not think twice about it. These days the money is so overwhelming that the newer big names wont risk being seriously injured by running a guantlet of matches, tournament style for one pay day, ppv.

Definetly get those two i mentioned. You need to see all the fights to really appreciate the atmosphere.

Great fighters like the great Fred Ettish ..

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/pictures/ettish2.jpg

Some great material on UFC 1. Specifically Bill Wallace practically treating the great Jim Brown like he was a moron. And how UFC got Jim Brown to do commentary is beyond me. Better question is why?

Interesting little tidbid here. I'm sure Rob probably knows this, but not many do. Bill Wallace was the actual guy who found John Belushi's body.

Stickman
10-18-2006, 01:55 PM
how long did those shows go for?

Mr. Aristocrat
10-18-2006, 04:32 PM
You can buy most any of the UFC PPVs on DVD at the official UFC shop section. The only ones they dont have are some of the 30's. $14.95 a peice if I remember.

Stickman
10-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Are these available at any store?

Terra Ryzin
10-19-2006, 01:13 AM
they recently released ufc 1,2,3,4,5,6 on dvd. you can pick them up at best buy or whatever, or amazon. they run about 15 bucks each.