PDA

View Full Version : If you were Lesnar...

Dorkchop
10-22-2006, 01:01 AM
and were being treated way better than everyone else and were a huge star all over the world, would you leave to suck royally trying out for the NFL?

Pepsi Man
10-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Yup, and then I'd complain about being held to my contract after the NFL thing failed.

Fignuts
10-22-2006, 01:29 AM
sigh

I also, miss Lesnar as well. I never saw the problem with him leaving really. Yes, he did leave an empty space on the roster, and it rubbed a couple guys like Big Show the wrong way. But you've got to look at the bigger picture. Playing football was his dream since he was a little kid. Pro Wrestling wasn't. This was probably his one and only shot at making his dream come true. He would be stupid not to take it. Yeah there are people in the wrestling business who helped him out for his and the company's sake, but its not like he left the company in shambles. His leaving didn't hurt smackdown that bad. And if he wouldn't have left, he would have that regret, and doubt in his mind for tthe rest of his life. He didn't do anything any of you wouldn't do.<!-- / message -->

M-A-G
10-22-2006, 02:05 AM
If I didn't love wrestling, I wouldn't have done it in the first place. There's the difference between him and me.

the wwe champion
10-22-2006, 03:49 AM
Brock is was and will be the biggest superstar for smackdown! not even Batista can take his place

St. Jimmy
10-22-2006, 03:53 AM
Too bad American football sucks. Waste of a life I say.

Pepsi Man
10-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Brock is was and will be the biggest superstar for smackdown! not even Batista can take his place
I don't know. I think The Rock was a bigger star. I could be mistaken, though.

Destor
10-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Wrestling is all I have ever wanted, so personally I would say no. But for Brock Lesnar that's not the case so If I were Brock I would've gone all or nothing in the NFL.

M-A-G
10-22-2006, 12:15 PM
I don't know. I think The Rock was a bigger star. I could be mistaken, though.

What, are you kidding me? It's Brock freaking Lesnar we're talking about! An overpushed, bland-as-fuck, whiny bitch who only lasted 2 years and moved wrestling in no major upward direction. He's OBVIOUSLY the biggest star ever!!!

Pepsi Man
10-22-2006, 12:37 PM
What, are you kidding me? It's Brock freaking Lesnar we're talking about! An overpushed, bland-as-fuck, whiny bitch who only lasted 2 years and moved wrestling in no major upward direction. He's OBVIOUSLY the biggest star ever!!!
My bad.:(

Kane Knight
10-22-2006, 01:12 PM
So much hate for Lesnar. It's amazing.

Afterlife
10-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Yeah...The guy sucked anyway.

Übermensch
10-22-2006, 03:18 PM
In response to the first question, yes, I absolutely would, without a second thought.

Destor
10-22-2006, 03:28 PM
So much hate for Lesnar. It's amazing.Funny, considering you were one of his biggest suppressors a little over a year ago.

Kane Knight
10-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Funny, considering you were one of his biggest suppressors a little over a year ago.

Man, are you delusional, are are you that desperate to make up an argument?

Though I've always maintained he's a whiny bitch, I've also always been very big on what he actually brings to Wrestling (as opposed to being overpushed and bland, the reason I responded in the first place), and even supported the notion of him in MMA overall.

...Yeah, that's right. Destor's full of shit again.

Probably shouldn't have wasted my time viewing this post.

Destor
10-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Bullshit.

Kane Knight
10-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah, this is better.

I didn't know that all this time, supporting him for his amazing abilities, that I was "suppressing" him.

Fignuts
10-22-2006, 05:50 PM
I really don't understand people who say he's bland and untalented. He was a little green in some areas, but not much. He had some awesome matches with big show. And they would have been foolish not to push him like they did. Just look at the guy. He's a fucking beast. And a phenomenal mat wrestler. His mic skills arn't the greatest but they're not really bad either. And they were improving at a rapid rate. I mean what the fuck more do you want?

M-A-G
10-22-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm sorry, he had WHAT kind of matches with Big Show?!?!? :lol:

M-A-G
10-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Oh, and if he "was a little green in some areas" and had mic skills that "arn't the greatest" what business did he have being a forced main eventer for an entire two years over people who could work a crowd 10 times better, deliver interviews a lot more appealing, and have BETTER matches with the Big Show?

Kane Knight
10-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Does everyone in the main event need mic skills? The guy still had charisma, and could work an awesome match. I'm normally not big on pushing "hosses," but the guy was impressive in many ways...He just couldn't talk. That's what managers/promoters/handlers are for, what's the deal?

Caged Heat18
10-22-2006, 08:05 PM
I hated the way he left, but when he apart of the WWE I really liked the guy. He had several great matches, like vs. Guerrero at No Way Out '04, and vs. Angle at WM XIX.

AdrianM
10-22-2006, 08:36 PM
I never particuarly liked Brock, but for someone to say there were people who could work the crowd 10 times better than him, thats just crap.

Yeah, Brock was pushed to the moon, but christ, as someone else said, he was a beast. He was a hoss who could actually wrestle really damn well.

Kane Knight
10-22-2006, 08:57 PM
It's just a shame that they pushed a tremendous athelete to the moon. They should have kept him on Velocity for a few years.

Fignuts
10-22-2006, 09:43 PM
And pushed viscera to the title.

Kane Knight
10-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Exactly.

HeartBreakMan2k
10-22-2006, 11:26 PM
If I weren't extremely happy with WWE and I genuinely wanted to give football a shot then absolutely.

M-A-G
10-23-2006, 03:06 AM
If I weren't extremely happy with WWE and I genuinely wanted to give football a shot then absolutely.

Then why not do football first instead of wasting everyone else's time?

M-A-G
10-23-2006, 03:11 AM
I never particuarly liked Brock, but for someone to say there were people who could work the crowd 10 times better than him, thats just crap.

Yeah, Brock was pushed to the moon, but christ, as someone else said, he was a beast. He was a hoss who could actually wrestle really damn well.

Yes, yes, cause the crowds were just chanting for him to return after he left in 2004. Christ, Matt freakin' Hardy got more of a response than he did so think about that one. And the only real blowaway match I can remember him having was his WrestleMania match with Angle and that's mainly because of his Idiot Botched Shooting Star Press of Doom. His matches with Taker were watchable at best, he pretty much squashed anyone under the upper-midcard, and relied more on brawling and the WWE style than his natural amatuer skills. Did he have the ability? Yes. Did he use it? No. Forgive me for not finding him as entertaining and worthy as other people but that's how I honestly feel. The guy meant nothing in the long run.

M-A-G
10-23-2006, 03:15 AM
He had several great matches, like vs. Guerrero at No Way Out '04

You mean that extended squash that pretty much stated Guerrero wasn't in his league and only won because of ref bumpage? Oh, yeah, that's a classic.

Destor
10-23-2006, 03:17 AM
That match was classic, this finish I wasn't happy with. But a bad finish does a bad match not make.

M-A-G
10-23-2006, 03:18 AM
That match was classic, this finish I wasn't happy with. But a bad finish does a bad match not make.

I'm not just talking about the finish. The match was all Lesnar with little spurts of him being generous enough to let Guerrero kick away at his leg every 10 minutes or so. It was like their first match but with an extra 15 minutes attached to it.

Destor
10-23-2006, 03:22 AM
I'm not just talking about the finish. The match was all Lesnar with little spurts of him being generous enough to let Guerrero kick away at his leg every 10 minutes or so. It was like their first match but with an extra 15 minutes attached to it.So, the only good matches are back and forth ones? Come from behind victories cant be classics? Personally I thought the match was brilliant. I was marking out the whole way through. But thats just me.

Schoenauer
10-23-2006, 03:45 AM
...Yeah, that's right. We're all full of shit.

M-A-G
10-23-2006, 03:54 AM
So, the only good matches are back and forth ones? Come from behind victories cant be classics? Personally I thought the match was brilliant. I was marking out the whole way through. But thats just me.

They can be good (for the record I voted this match as number 10 on the top ten matches of 2004 so I don't exactly hate it) just not memorable or worthwhile in the long run. What do you remember more: Rock and Hurricane verbally duking out or Rock vs. Hurricance? All the match really did was set up Brock's match with Goldberg.

Destor
10-23-2006, 04:00 AM
That's one of my favorite matches form the last 5 years, so I can't really speak from an unbias stand point. Did it set up a Goldberg feud? Yes. But when Goldberg wasn't out there that match was sooooo good. The psychology of their every single move, ahh. Flawless. That match cemented them as two of my top 10 favorite wrestlers. So again I am little bias. Did it set up a future feud? Yes, but I don't see how that takes away from the work they did in the ring.

Afterlife
10-23-2006, 09:19 AM
Oh, by the way...Lesnar had the charisma of a damp sandwich.

Kane Knight
10-23-2006, 10:21 AM

Well, it's pretty clear he didn't, as he would only play for the majors.

Kane Knight
10-23-2006, 10:24 AM

...So long as you define it as a verbal skill, yes.

The Show Off
10-23-2006, 10:28 AM

Depending on the kind of sandwich that could be an incredible complement. But if you're just talking about plain turkey and rye, then I guess you're saying that Brock Lesner is bland, dry, boring, anjd depending on the type of rye bread has too many seeds. But if you're talking about a vlub sandwich then you're saying that he's flavorful, richly versitile, layered, smokey, mouth watering, and delicious...

...mmmm sandwich....