PDA

View Full Version : Sting versus Vampiro from GAB 2000

darkpower
10-23-2006, 03:46 AM
Don't mean to post something like this, especially when it may not be in the right forum, but does anyone know where I can find a video of the full match between Sting and Vampiro from the 2000 WCW Great American Bash (the Human Torch Match that ended when Sting got set on fire on the Turnertron). I watched a 12 second piece of the ending of the match and now it got me curious of how the entire match was like. That and Mark Madden's commentary during it (at least I THINK that was Mark Madden doing color).

Dave Youell
10-23-2006, 04:12 AM
Sorry I don't know,

But god I hated that match, it was sooooo obvious that they used a stunt man for the finish.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-23-2006, 04:14 AM
THat match was pretty awful.

Dave Youell
10-23-2006, 04:29 AM
Shame really as I liked the feud, when Sting was hanging and covered in blood it slooked sweet, just a shame the matched were gash

Bad Company
10-23-2006, 05:26 AM
Yeah good feud, but I think Vampiro got injured and it didn't come to anything really.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Yeah good feud, but I think Vampiro got busted and it didn't come to anything really.

darkpower
11-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Bringing this topic back because I found a sort of edited version of the match somewhere on the net, from a spanish website that is sort of like YouTube. I say edited because this was a sort of reshowing of this on a Monday Nitro (you can tell by the transitions), so they cut out some of the spots where they were just walking to and from the Nitrovision, I take it, but the most interesting spots are still in there unmessed with.

<object height="335" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6u6oXyxx3GgTF1gTF" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="334" width="425"></object>

(http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6i0j_sting-vs-vampiro-human-torch-match)

Gulak
11-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Bringing this topic back because I found a sort of edited version of the match somewhere on the net, from a spanish website that is sort of like YouTube. I say edited because this was a sort of reshowing of this on a Monday Nitro (you can tell by the transitions), so they cut out some of the spots where they were just walking to and from the Nitrovision, I take it, but the most interesting spots are still in there unmessed with.

<object height="335" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/6u6oXyxx3GgTF1gTF" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="334" width="425"></object>

(http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6i0j_sting-vs-vampiro-human-torch-match)
Sort of.

M-A-G
11-06-2006, 04:36 PM
The match was pretty crummy. You didn't have to go through all that trouble.

M-A-G
11-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Remember when Sting got doused in blood on Nitro and then showed up on Thunder three days later STILL COVERED IN BLOOD? Way to not shower, Steve.

darkpower
11-07-2006, 03:13 AM
For some reason, I was wanting to find this match. Maybe for this reason:

- I wanted to find matches with the later commentaries of Tony Schivoni, Mark Madden, and Scott Hudson in them because, for some reason, I did like the style of commentary that Madden and Hudson brought into WCW at that point. For some reason, they seemed to have grest chemestry, and Madden's commentary at the end of that match, when he just cuts loose and mentions Sting being a father (bellowing out his real name, Scott Borden, even), showed that WCW at least still had the commentator choice right on, even during the near death.
- I had found a 12 second clip of the end of the match, and wanted to find the rest of it. Made me curious, even if the match itself sucked ass.
- Remember that the stuntman that did the Sting fire act here also did the stunt in 2003 when Kane lit JR on fire, so that also made me curious.

Yeah, the match sucked (it was a weird ass gimmick match. What really did you expect?), but still, it was something that I was curious in, and it was one of the few matches on GAB 2000 that I heard people kinda got into even when it wasn't that great (it still showed that Sting and Vampiro still gave a damn about putting on a good show rather than just taking a check).

Skippord
11-07-2006, 03:19 AM
lol the ridiculous stuntman switch the shirt was like bigger than the one Sting was wearing and they were the same size

PullMyFinger
11-13-2006, 03:28 PM
LOL I remember that PPV. What a horrid ending, even I knew that was a stunt double back then...LOL i love how he first jumped off...so horribly done.

parkmania
11-13-2006, 06:23 PM
That was Scott Hudson saying that Steve Borden's a father. I know Mark Madden's voice, because he's a radio sports talk host here in Pittsburgh.

Bad Company
11-13-2006, 07:16 PM
I always prefered WCWs commentators.

It's amazing how over Sting was in WCW. God I miss it :(

Fox
11-14-2006, 12:12 AM
I have pretty much every single WCW Pay-Per-View from late 1999 to the end of WCW.

So much shit to wade through, but sometimes you get to some good stuff, like Jung Dragons/3 Count Ladder Match from Sin, and Benoit/Hart from Starrcade 2000.

This Sting/Vampiro match was one of the bigger letdowns.

PullMyFinger
11-14-2006, 12:56 AM
The ironic part is. honestly, toward the end WCW was showing great potential.

The chaotic-ness that was going on in 2000 under Russo was out of control though.