PDA

View Full Version : Austin Aries

D Mac
10-24-2006, 03:20 PM
What happened to him? I thought he was supposed to be this big up and comer in TNA then he just dissapeared.

ddpBANG
10-24-2006, 03:46 PM
This was posted back in February:

Credit: Mike Johnson of PWinsider.com

"TNA will be removing Roderick Strong and Austin Aries from their bookings for at least the next several tapings and possibly as long as several months in a disciplinary move for willingly putting themselves in a position where they could have missed the Against All Odds PPV this past weekend, despite orders to skip a Ring of Honor event to travel to Florida.

Aries and Strong were among a crew of TNA wrestlers scheduled to appear at Ring of Honor's Lake Grove, New York event the night before Against All Odds in Orlando. Due to the heavy snowstorm that was heading into the Northeast, TNA management requested that everyone leave immediately for the airport and booked them on flights to Orlando. Jay Lethal, Alex Shelley, and Homicide all left and flew to Orlando. Aries and Strong, who hold the ROH Tag Team belts, remained and worked the show. They flew to Florida the next morning and appeared on the PPV as scheduled in a loss to the Naturals.

Strong and Aries both lost matches at the Impact taping two nights later. Their storyline where they and Alex Shelley had been complaining that they were being given chances in TNA, which teased an eventual showdown with Jerry Lynn, was also dropped. The company was unhappy with the two not doing what was requested of them, which led to the decision to "bench them" for the time being. I'm not sure of exactly why but there is more heat on Aries for the situation than there is on Strong.

I was told by a number of sources that while TNA does value Aries and Strong's work, they unfortunately ended up being made an example of because management is tired of talents missing PPV events when advertised. Although they made the PPV, Strong and Aries are being penalized by TNA in an attempt to send a message to the locker room and will have to pay the price. "
http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41998

He returned to TNA this past Sunday under the name Austin Starr.

D Mac
10-25-2006, 12:49 AM
He's Austin Starr? That's a step down. :n:

Lock Jaw
10-25-2006, 01:34 AM
Yeah, Austin Starr is a bad name. It doesn't have the coolness and alliteration that Austin Aries does.

Also, Low Ki > Senshi.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-25-2006, 01:56 AM
If TNA weren't being dicks about owning names, there wouldn't be this problem.

Dave Youell
10-25-2006, 03:45 AM
If TNA weren't being dicks about owning names, there wouldn't be this problem.
Exactlly

When Austin was on TNA last week, did he look like Macho Man had just visited the Blue Oyster again?

Or did he butch up?

AdrianM
11-02-2006, 10:46 PM
I think Austin aries makes him sound like a fairy...just my opinion tho...heck, i've never even seen him

McLegend
11-03-2006, 01:07 AM
Austin Aries is tremendous

The whole reason he started to wear the outift anyway was to get attention it wasn't because he was being gay.

Lock Jaw
11-03-2006, 02:22 AM
In my opinion he had a better look BEFORE the crazy outfit.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6469/05et9.jpg

RP
11-03-2006, 07:30 AM
I loved both of them. Isnt Roderick Strong the human back breaker machine or some shit. He was cool. I liked both of them alot.

Mr. Monday Morning
11-03-2006, 08:07 AM
"The Messiah of the Backbreaker"

But don't expect to see him on TNA again

McLegend
11-03-2006, 12:13 PM
If Austin Aries is back then I'm sure Roderick will be back.

Xerzes
11-08-2006, 03:16 AM
Warning: backbreakers are the least interesting thing to be the messiah of ever.

Dave Youell
11-08-2006, 03:40 AM
Roderick strong cuts some of the worst promo's in the biz.

Almost as bad as Jimmy Rave

ROH, GREAT wrestling Terrible promo's

Mr. Monday Morning
11-16-2006, 09:27 AM
I just saw this.

Jimmy Rave is nowhere NEAR the bad promo that Strong is.

weather vane
11-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Austin Starr is awesome. I just love what he is doing with his gimmick. Reminds me a lot of Jesse Ventura the way he dresses.

Fox
11-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Warning: backbreakers are the least interesting thing to be the messiah of ever.

Maybe that's because you've never seen his innovations of the back breaker. He really is pretty Messiah-esque.

Crippla
11-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Austin Starr is a shitty name though. It gives Gunner scott a run for it's money.

Chavo Classic
11-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Austin Aries beats Jimmy Yang Wang Zhang in the facial hair department hands down.