PDA

View Full Version : HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY (ROH Champion offered WWE deal)

Innovator
11-02-2006, 06:02 PM
After what was said to have been a great evaluation tryout in Deep South Wrestling a few weeks back, PWInsider.com has confirmed that ROH Tag Team champion Claudio Castagnoli has received a WWE developmental offer.
For more information on Castagnoli, a Swiss native who currently holds several Tag Team championships with partner Chris Hero, you can check out his official MySpace page at www.myspace.com/claudiocastagnoli (http://www.myspace.com/claudiocastagnoli).

---------------------------

Congrats to Claudio, he'll do well in WWE I think.

Mr. Monday Morning
11-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Sounds stupid but I hope he doesn't. I'm just being anti-WWE biased but really, unless you're built like frickin Lashley you're not going to get much of a push. You could make arguments for a guy like London I guess but he's basically in a little niche, he'll probably never get fired but I'd be surprised if he achieves even 1/2 what Mysterio has. With Punk it's too early to tell, but he arguably has/had the most charisma of anyone on the indies, so he probably has a shot.

I just fear that Claudio will get stuck on Raw with some retarded gimmick and be jobbed out for 6 months before getting released, while he could've been basically ruling the US indies and maybe even getting a shot to work Japan due to his ever-rising profile. Oh, and no more KOW :(

Innovator
11-02-2006, 06:20 PM
.......he's tall at least

Mr. Monday Morning
11-02-2006, 06:40 PM
So is Khali

What Would Kevin Do?
11-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Oh, and no more KOW :(

Actually, WWE is interested in Hero apparently too.

Innovator
11-02-2006, 07:14 PM
So is KhaliI know you didn't lump Claudio into a group with Khali...

If the KOW are in WWE together, I'd be very happy...very happy.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-03-2006, 12:28 AM
You know, if I was booking WWE, I'd frickin let them bring the ROH and Chikara belts on TV.... I'm sure ROH and Chikara wouldn't complian. Have the KOW show up to aquire more gold.... If they could do a DECENT invasion (think NWO mixed with the CZW angle) it could be golden... Have KOW, and a few ROH/Chikara guys they'd be interested in (Cabana, etc) run a short lived feud where they aren't made to look like shit.

Have the angle end with KOW falling apart, losing the ROH and Chikara belts in the respective feds, and then when all is lost, have them win the WWE belts, going uber egotistical again, and making people hate them more.

Dave Youell
11-03-2006, 03:03 AM
Out of all the guys on the ROH roster, he def has the WWE look, he's big and tall. The fact that he works a really good european style is by the by, he's big AND tall!

and WWKD, yes would be good, but will NEVER happen

What Would Kevin Do?
11-03-2006, 03:07 AM
I know :(

I've come to a conclusion though...

WWE is not ROH's enemy... TNA is.

WWE probably doesn't want half the ROH roster. They're smaller, don't have "the look", etc.

TNA however will gobble them up.

So I'd rather see ROH work with WWE honestly.

Mr. Monday Morning
11-03-2006, 03:14 AM
I know you didn't lump Claudio into a group with Khali...

If the KOW are in WWE together, I'd be very happy...very happy.

Hey, you went with tall. Khali is tall. Tall isn't really enough.

I read about them maybe being interested in Hero but nothing seems to have come of it, at least as yet. AFAIK he hasn't even been invited for a tryout. It'd be pretty sweet if they did but I just can't see them getting anywhere near TV without a huge makeover and some sort of goofy gimmick :-\

Gulak
11-03-2006, 07:20 AM
Looks like Sylvan Grenier has a new tag team partner.

ron the dial
11-03-2006, 09:38 AM
I can't say that I would be too pleased about Claudio in the WWE. I just don't picture them using him properly. If they are also interested in Hero, I could see the KOW getting over pretty well. Hell, WWE just needs tag teams right now.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-09-2006, 02:43 AM
If anyone wants an update, Claudio has signed the developmental deal, and will be moved to DSW soon.

Dave Youell
11-09-2006, 03:07 AM
If anyone wants an update, Claudio has signed the developmental deal, and will be moved to DSW soon.
Fair play to the guy, yes he's Swiss, but you can't really tell that by looking at him, I hope he does well

Mr. Monday Morning
11-09-2006, 06:55 AM
:'(

I like the idea some people have had to bring Rave into the KOW or call up Icarus & Akuma. Won't be the same though :(

Mr. Nerfect
11-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Yeah, they should have Chris Hero beat Claudio Castagnoli in a match where the winner gets to keep the rights to the three Tag Team Championships they hold, and gets to select a new tag team partner to continue their reign with. The promotions may find it hard to agree on a replacement, but it would be an exciting angle for them to work with.

I get the feeling Claudio Castagnoli would do well in the WWE. He's got some size to him, he's got personality, and he can work. I don't know what the WWE has planned, but I'm sure Double C will play the role well.

Blitz
11-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Prolly gonna end up being the next Johnny Swinger.

Destor
11-10-2006, 07:21 PM
A new Johnny Swinger you say??

Blitz
11-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Only in the the sense that'll he be jobbed out on Heat then fired without so much as a loss on Raw.

Mr. Monday Morning
11-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Wouldn't count on it, he's still very young (25) and has come a long way in a short time. If anyone on the indies can adapt to a WWE style and get over without really having much promo time, it's Claudio.