PDA

View Full Version : This week's Ladder Match

Mr. Nerfect
11-18-2006, 09:52 PM
Should be awesome. What does everyone see happening? Johnny Nitro should really go over, then the heels have all the Championships, but I doubt it will work out that way. I see Matt Hardy and Gregory Helms getting involved for some reason. Maybe even Mike Knox and CM Punk as well. The last week prior to Survivor Series could be used to tie the teams together more.

My crazy booking mind says that Matt Hardy wins the WWE Intercontinental Championship after pulling it down so Jeff Hardy retains via the lack of a decision, but Vince McMahon comes out, assigns the Title to Matt, just to drive Team DX apart. That's got no chance of happening, however.

This match should be really fun, and I'll be rooting for a Johnny Nitro victory, but I get the feeling young Jeffrey will be walking out with the gold.

Caged Heat18
11-19-2006, 12:32 AM
I'd rather not see any outside interference. Just let them go one on one, and I think the match can be really good. Nitro needs a big time match to really establish himself, and Jeff Hardy need a great match to show that he could be back. Ladder matches can be real good, but I hope we can see some new spots.

Mr. Nerfect
11-19-2006, 01:36 AM
Johnny Nitro will do something stupid. It shall make many love him.

Chavo Classic
11-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Johnny Nitro will do something stupid. It shall make many love him.

Rearrange the words 'shooting-star', 'ladder' and 'from top of' and you've got it. :drool:

The Fear
11-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Should be a good match provided they don't throw in the interference factor. But considering Hardy does need to be a little more re-established as someone who specializes in Ladders :p , I don't doubt he'll win. Looking forward to it though. Seems like something out of the ordinary on Raw, which is definitely good.

Avenger
11-19-2006, 11:55 AM
I have to admit this should hopefully build up the Team DX vs Team RKO match at SS which I really feel could be a match of the year.

I am not loving WWE at all these days, but Survivor Series can't not be awesome the way the matches are looking.

Mr. JL
11-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Considering that the LADDER match is Jeff's specialty, does anyone see the irony in that Jeff has actually only won ONE that I can think of (No Mercy '99) of those matches?

Lost TLC in 2000
Lost TLC II in 2001
Lost TLC III in 2001
Lost against RVD in 2001
Lost against Undertaker in 2002
Lost against RVD in 2002
Lost TLC IV in 2002
Lost against Jarrett in 2004

Avenger
11-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Holy fucking shit would you learn the meaning of the word irony?

Mr. JL
11-19-2006, 04:16 PM
OK... I used the wrong word.

Give me a break, I am a wrestling fan you know and a drunk.

Avenger
11-19-2006, 05:47 PM
I think it's more the fact that you're from North America.

Don't try to use words to make yourself sound smarter when you do not know their meaning.

Mr. Nerfect
11-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Actually, I think he used it correctly.

Skippord
11-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah I do believe that is the correct use of irony

Mr. JL
11-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Oh, how I love this IRONIC turn of events.

Mr. Nerfect
11-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Rearrange the words 'shooting-star', 'ladder' and 'from top of' and you've got it. :drool:

I was actually thinking of a spot like this, only with a few more rotations. :drool:

If only the WWE let their cruiserweights show off the same athleticism as Johnny Nitro.

Mr. Nerfect
11-19-2006, 09:04 PM
It just occured to me how great it is Paul London & Brian Kendrick have gotten over as well as they have without ever cutting a real promo, and with such tight restrictions on their moves.

Paul London would be getting standing ovations if he was allowed to do the London Calling. It's kind of ironic...:shifty:...that the WWE are still dwelling on The Hardy Boyz and DX, yet they aren't taking any chances with creating new alliances which could potentially be huge.

Mr. JL
11-19-2006, 09:08 PM
From what I have seen, I think London is one of the very FEW wrestlers to have EVER pulled off a Shooting Star Press from the top of the ladder. Hence, the beginning of the "Please Don't Die" chants.

Mr. Nerfect
11-19-2006, 09:11 PM
From what I have seen, I think London is one of the very FEW wrestlers to have EVER pulled off a Shooting Star Press from the top of the ladder. Hence, the beginning of the "Please Don't Die" chants.

Oh fuck, I just realised how hard it would be to pull that spot off. The top ropes have some kind of spring in them, launching you outwards and forwards, whereas a ladder is just metal/plastic.

Paul London is the fucking man. :y:

Mr. JL
11-19-2006, 09:15 PM
I know the spot is on YouTube somewhere if you've never seen it.

Mr. Nerfect
11-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Nah, I've seen it. Didn't he do it in a Street Fight with Matt Bentley (then known as "Michael Shane")?

Splaya
11-19-2006, 10:07 PM
I haven't seen it. Someone show me :mad:

Dorkchop
11-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Oh fuck, I just realised how hard it would be to pull that spot off. The top ropes have some kind of spring in them, launching you outwards and forwards, whereas a ladder is just metal/plastic.

Paul London is the fucking man. :y:

Not to mention how hard it is to do anything off the top of a ladder. Even a simple splash is difficult.

Mr. JL
11-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Not to mention how hard it is to do anything off the top of a ladder. Even a simple splash is difficult.
Remember RVD vs. Guerrero where RVD completely fell off the ladder, just attemping to jump and get a little bit of height. Imagine having to jumpo and do a full rotation with your body.

Mr. JL
11-20-2006, 12:45 AM
Now anytime you see RVD climb a ladder he just lets himself fall onto his opponent and does not even attempt the jump.

Mr. JL
11-20-2006, 01:36 AM
Nah, I've seen it. Didn't he do it in a Street Fight with Matt Bentley (then known as "Michael Shane")?
Yeah, it was probably their street fight that they had in ROH :y: .

Normal Is Me
11-20-2006, 02:41 AM
Oh, how I love this IRONIC turn of events.
lol

Yashamaga
11-20-2006, 02:30 PM
anyone have the youtube of London's SSP?

Jeritron
11-20-2006, 04:38 PM
This could be a great match. I'm pleasantly suprised we're getting to see it on Raw and they're not saving it for a PPV match.
However thats what gives me the feeling we won't get their best and it will result in run ins to build SS. Then they'll probably have this match again at Revolution.

Dorkchop
11-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Hardy has been pretty good since returning. I don't know if having him compete in a ladder match so soon is a good idea considering all the high spots he used to do (along with travel, drugs, and working hard) made him burn out.

Hopefully they'll get at least 15 minutes for this. 20+ would be awesome, but not likely. I'm sure DS has some more dick jokes to make.

These two have been putting on some pretty good matches in their feud. To the point where I'm actually enjoying Jeff Hardy somewhat.

M-A-G
11-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Should be awesome. What does everyone see happening? Johnny Nitro should really go over, then the heels have all the Championships, but I doubt it will work out that way. I see Matt Hardy and Gregory Helms getting involved for some reason. Maybe even Mike Knox and CM Punk as well. The last week prior to Survivor Series could be used to tie the teams together more.

My crazy booking mind says that Matt Hardy wins the WWE Intercontinental Championship after pulling it down so Jeff Hardy retains via the lack of a decision, but Vince McMahon comes out, assigns the Title to Matt, just to drive Team DX apart. That's got no chance of happening, however.

You know, the WWE is looking for writers right now. This is totally your chance to shine and make a difference, dude.

I'm being sarcastic, you know.