PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Fame Introductions this year.

Gertner
11-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Who should get in?

My 4 besides the obvious( savage, sammartino) are

1. Demolition (multi time tag champs)
2. Vader (multi time WCW champ)
3. Psycho Sid (pretty much any WWE wrodl champ should be in)
4. Yokozuna ( 2 time champ, plus tag champ)

Stickman
11-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Dusty Rhodes will be.....did he ever do anything in the WWF?

M-A-G
11-22-2006, 03:44 PM
The L.O.D. should go in before Demolition ever does.

M-A-G
11-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Dusty Rhodes will be.....did he ever do anything in the WWF?

Shoveling horse manure and delivering pizza would certainly qualify, no?

Innovator
11-22-2006, 04:25 PM
-Road Warriors
-Freebirds
-Dusty
-Nikita Koloff
-Ricky Steamboat

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
11-22-2006, 04:40 PM
K-Fed.

Rob
11-22-2006, 04:46 PM
Who should get in?

My 4 besides the obvious( savage, sammartino) are

1. Demolition (multi time tag champs)
2. Vader (multi time WCW champ)
3. Psycho Sid (pretty much any WWE wrodl champ should be in)
4. Yokozuna ( 2 time champ, plus tag champ)

Let me tell you now that you will definately NEVER see at least 3 of those 4 in the WWE Hall of Fame. You won't see Sammartino or Savage until they are dead either.

Stickman
11-22-2006, 05:07 PM
WHy Savage? What the hell did he do to vince?

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
11-22-2006, 05:11 PM
WHy Savage? What the hell did he do to Stephanie?

Lock Jaw
11-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Savge's acceptance speech: "BE A MAN HOGAN! OHHHHH YEAAAHHH!! SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!!"

Gertner
11-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Let me tell you now that you will definately NEVER see at least 3 of those 4 in the WWE Hall of Fame. You won't see Sammartino or Savage until they are dead either.

yokozuna at least definitley deserves to be in.

The One
11-22-2006, 05:23 PM
The Rock - He is retired, he is an icon, it's gonna happen eventually, so why not.

Steve Austin - His new movie is coming out soon, so WWE Films get free hype out the wazoo as they add him in to Hall of Fame. Plus, come on, he is the single greatest overall WWE worker in history.

Randy Savage - Everyone who said he isn't gonna make it in while he is still alive is right.

Davey Boy Smith - Granted he burned up one too many "One More" chances with McMahon & Co, but in my eyes he warrents a place amoung the elite.

Mr T - Basically the celebrity wing is meaningless without Mr. T in there. Teaming with Hogan at WMI put Hogan on the map, and boxing Piper at II was in all actuality the real main event.

TOVO Fact: If Tovo was in charge of the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame, Tully Blanchard would be one of the first people inducted.

M-A-G
11-22-2006, 05:23 PM
yokozuna at least definitley deserves to be in.

For what?

Gertner
11-22-2006, 05:28 PM
two time WWE champion.

friggen tito santana and greg valentine are in the hall and what did they do that was better than yokozuna?

St. Jimmy
11-22-2006, 05:32 PM
two time WWE champion.

friggen tito santana and greg valentine are in the hall and what did they do that was better than yokozuna?

Don't you be talkin' bout TITO. :mad:

Rob
11-22-2006, 06:20 PM
two time WWE champion.

Not that Santana or Valentine don't deserve spots in the HOF, but every single person who saw something of WWF in the early 90's knows who Yokozuna is to this day. Not the draw they wanted him to be but people remember him and for me, that's a good enough reason to be in.

M-A-G
11-22-2006, 06:22 PM
two time WWE champion.

What has Yokozuna done that was better than most of the other WWE Champions?

JH
11-22-2006, 06:24 PM
flair
rhodes
road warriors
sammartino

Stickman
11-22-2006, 06:31 PM
The sad thing is that almost anybody who lasted 3 years in the wwe/f will make it in.

Chuck Jones
11-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Dusty Rhodes
L.O.D.
Steamboat
Mr. T
Hennig
Von Erichs

Dorkchop
11-22-2006, 06:56 PM
DAMN!

Just the phrase.

Rob
11-22-2006, 07:03 PM

You realise it's a fake belt right. Who gives a fuck who won it? Davey Boy Smith, Owen Hart, Curt Hennig, LOD, Rick Rude, etc all deserve to be in any Hall of Fame before someone like Batista does.

M-A-G
11-22-2006, 07:36 PM
You realise it's a fake belt right. Who gives a fuck who won it? Davey Boy Smith, Owen Hart, Curt Hennig, LOD, Rick Rude, etc all deserve to be in any Hall of Fame before someone like Batista does.

How did you get that from my post?

loopydate
11-22-2006, 08:07 PM
I think he was playing on your "two-time champion" comment. That there's more to being in the Hall than having won World Titles.

Loose Cannon
11-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Demolition will be tough cause Eadie hates Vince and the WWE. And he also doesn't like his own partner much.

There's so many guys that deserve it.

Vastardikai
11-22-2006, 09:35 PM

He could eat better. :shifty:

Gertner
11-22-2006, 09:37 PM
I think he was playing on your "two-time champion" comment. That there's more to being in the Hall than having won World Titles.

Yokozuna was THE HEEL for a few years combined with his accomplishments, I don't see how he shouldn't be in

Vastardikai
11-22-2006, 09:59 PM
^ But, Yoko, in the grander scheme of things, is remember for 3 things, and 3 things only:

1. Being Really Fat.

2. Winning the WWF Title, because of Being Really Fat.

3. Dying, because of Being Really Fat.

Testicle
11-22-2006, 10:04 PM
The really fat comments were uncalled for

He was big boned

Vastardikai
11-22-2006, 10:15 PM
No. Big Boned is Rhyno when he came to the 'E. He was a huge man at 280, but had very little body fat on him. Big Boned is the Big Bossman, Big Guy, but carried his weight well.

Yoko, he just put the Ease in Morbidly Obese.

I liked his feud with Vader, who I also considered fat back then. The difference between them being that, while Vader was no Runway model, he was mobile. Yoko was disgusting.

I will also point out that Ahmed Johnson's first WWF appearance was memorable for the sole reason that he slammed Yoko. It wasn't because Yoko was so hated, it was because this was 100 + lbs. after Flexy Lexy did, and Ahmed made it look easy. I saw that and was like, "Holy Shit, that Ahmed Johnson dude just slammed the fat guy. He's awesome!" Seriously, Replace Ahmed Johnson with Lashley and Yokozuna with Big Show, it would have been equally as impressive.

The lesson here? Lashley isn't Brock Lesnar 2.0. He's Ahmed Johnson 2.0.

Testicle
11-22-2006, 10:20 PM
I disagree, lashley is much better than ahmed because he is not a jackass that is going to get himself fired, but I see your point

I was joking about the fat thing

M-A-G
11-22-2006, 10:22 PM

I'm not the one who made the "two-time champion" comment.

James Steele
11-22-2006, 10:30 PM
This is obviously too long to be those who will be inducted in one year, but this is the choices who might actually be inducted.

Mr. Fuji
Brutus Beefcake
Curt Henning
Rick Rude
The Von Erichs
British Bulldog
Road Warriors
The Fabulous Freebirds
Dusty Rhodes
"Dirty" Dick Murdoch
Ricky Steamboat
Arn Anderson
Terry Funk
Tully Blanchard
Yokozuna
Mr. T

I don't think they will start inducting the 90s stars for another couple of years. Then, they will have the "Superclass" of inductees with Rock,Austin, and Foley. Then another few years until HBK,Taker,Flair, and etc. retire and then are inducted.

loopydate
11-22-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm not the one who made the "two-time champion" comment.

This is so. I withdraw my earlier statement.

Vastardikai
11-22-2006, 10:31 PM
I know. I was explaining my opinion of big boned, that's all.

Ahmed is one of those guys who by all accounts SHOULD have been bigger than what he wound up being. If not for the injuries, he would have beaten Micheals and wrestling as we know it would be really different right now. Think about this, his big moves were a standing Spinebuster and a Sitout Powerbomb. Sound familiar?

His stupidity was a result of his role being diminished because of his injuries. He was everything Bill Watts wanted (A Super-strong Black Babyface). He was everything Vince McMahon wanted (A charismatic Hoss). Had he remained healthy, he would have been up there.

Back to the subject at hand. I'd say induct the following:

Freebirds
Arn Anderson (I don't think he's been inducted, yet.)
JR
Steve Austin
Dick Murdoch (if he hasn't been inducted)
Ivan Koloff

M-A-G
11-22-2006, 10:32 PM
If I was to pick 7 of those to be most likely for '07 I'd go with Hennig, Road Warriors, Steamboat, Rhodes, Funk, Bulldog, and Fuji.

M-A-G
11-22-2006, 10:34 PM
I know. I was explaining my opinion of big boned, that's all.

Ahmed is one of those guys who by all accounts SHOULD have been bigger than what he wound up being. If not for the injuries, he would have beaten Micheals and wrestling as we know it would be really different right now. Think about this, his big moves were a standing Spinebuster and a Sitout Powerbomb. Sound familiar?

It was actually a Tiger Driver but yeah, I get your point.

Loose Cannon
11-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Yoko was awesome when he was on top. It was rare in the 90's to see an audience really wanting to see a guy get beat and Yoko prayed on that perfectly. I was always craving for someone to stop him. Even when Luger just simply slammed him it was special. It was almost like a Title win.

There really hasn't been a big man like him since.

Ricky Steamboat
11-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Hopefully this will finally be my year. :)

Rammsteinmad
11-23-2006, 02:48 AM
Curt Hennig
Ricky Steamboat
Terry Funk
Arn Anderson
Ric Flair
Chris Benoit

Dave Youell
11-23-2006, 03:05 AM
Benoit? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Anyway.

I guess LOD and Pillman would be as they have DVD's that could still be shilled.

Is the Million Dollar Man in there? If not, why hasn't anyone mentioned him?

RP
11-23-2006, 03:08 AM
^ But, Yoko, in the grander scheme of things, is remember for 3 things, and 3 things only:

1. Being Really Fat.

2. Winning the WWF Title, because of Being Really Fat.

3. Dying, because of Being Really Fat.

and being slammed by Lex Luger

RP
11-23-2006, 03:18 AM
Demolition will be tough cause Eadie hates Vince and the WWE. And he also doesn't like his own partner much.

There's so many guys that deserve it.

Can you elaborate on this?

Avenger
11-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Hmm...

This is a tough call.

I'd say there'll probably, sadly, be some who dies between now and Mania and they will probably be inducted.

Then I'd assume Austin will be inducted with some sort of angle behind it.

Then I think the reasonable list will be -

Ricky Steamboat
Mr. T
Ric Flair

now after this I don't think there will be anybody who is of too much note as they will want to save the big names for future years.

But I think we should see Mr. Perfect and Bulldog before anyone forgets them.

Demolition is a reasonable guess for this year.

As far as the celebrity wing goes, apart from Mr. T, I think this could be K-Fed's year.

Dusty won't be inducted just yet.

BTW wasn't this Monday his WWE debut?

Dave Youell
11-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Actually Dusty was meant to be inducted this year, but after they secured Bret, they decided to wait for the following year so as not to take the shine of Rhodes

Aparently

Avenger
11-23-2006, 10:19 AM
Surprised at that but I guess it's cool. Just mean's we'll see some old Dusty stuff on TV which is always good :y:

Rammsteinmad
11-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Benoit? What the fuck is wrong with you?

I'm a Benoit mark. :p

M-A-G
11-23-2006, 11:16 AM
But he ain't a Hall of Famer.

Savio
11-23-2006, 11:24 AM
BOBBY LASHLEY!

Rob
11-23-2006, 11:49 AM
But he ain't a Hall of Famer.

Chris Benoit isn't a Hall of Famer? FUCK OFF!

M-A-G
11-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Not YET he isn't.

KayfabeMan
11-23-2006, 12:35 PM
I would go with the following for this year:
*Terry Funk
*"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
*Nick Bockwinkle
*The Legion Of Doom
*"Cowboy" Bill Watts
*"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
*Mr. Fuji

James Steele
11-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Nick Bockwinkle would be an excellent non-WWE choice.

Zen v.W.o.
11-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Actually Dusty was meant to be inducted this year, but after they secured Bret, they decided to wait for the following year so as not to take the shine of Rhodes

Aparently

Who wouldnt take the shine off of him? Sorry Dusty, but if ever you are the main induction for the HOF, that's gonna be a sorry ass class.

Rammsteinmad
11-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Not YET he isn't.

I can still wish. :D

Gertner
11-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Yoko was the main heel for the mid nineties. He deserves in

Gertner
11-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Here's a name to throw out there cause she retired

Trish Stratus.

btw I'd say no to Flair cause he's still a regular in ring performer. The minute he retires though yes

Russenmafia
11-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase
Earthquake
Curt Henning
Ricky Stemboat
L.O.D

Rob
11-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Not YET he isn't.

Bollocks! Benoit is more Hall of Fame than most of the guys mentioned. There was no complaints on Guerrero being inducted and he and Benoit had extremely similar careers. Infact, Benoit's might have even been more sucessful. Don't wanna hear the arguement about Guerrero being dead either or Benoit being a current worker. Being a current wrestler should have ZERO difference on being included. Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels and The Rock should be inducted instantly.

M-A-G
11-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Mind you, I for one, wasn't totally on board with Guerrero being inducted but that's just me. I'm basing my picks on previous inductees and most of them have been retired. Benoit might go in one day but certainly not in 2007.

Vastardikai
11-23-2006, 10:01 PM
and being slammed by Lex Luger

Which is momental, why? Because Yokozuna was really fat. :p

Afterlife
11-24-2006, 12:38 AM
No. Big Boned is Rhyno when he came to the 'E. He was a huge man at 280, but had very little body fat on him. Big Boned is the Big Bossman, Big Guy, but carried his weight well.

Yoko, he just put the Ease in Morbidly Obese.

I liked his feud with Vader, who I also considered fat back then. The difference between them being that, while Vader was no Runway model, he was mobile. Yoko was disgusting.

I will also point out that Ahmed Johnson's first WWF appearance was memorable for the sole reason that he slammed Yoko. It wasn't because Yoko was so hated, it was because this was 100 + lbs. after Flexy Lexy did, and Ahmed made it look easy. I saw that and was like, "Holy Shit, that Ahmed Johnson dude just slammed the fat guy. He's awesome!" Seriously, Replace Ahmed Johnson with Lashley and Yokozuna with Big Show, it would have been equally as impressive.

The lesson here? Lashley isn't Brock Lesnar 2.0. He's Ahmed Johnson 2.0.

Your train of thought is marvelous. :)

RP
11-24-2006, 07:36 AM
Which is momental, why? Because Yokozuna was really fat. :p

The thing i remember most from that actually is Anthony Mason.

Savio
11-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Was eddie inducted? I forgot.

Goulet
11-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Bollocks! Benoit is more Hall of Fame than most of the guys mentioned. There was no complaints on Guerrero being inducted and he and Benoit had extremely similar careers. Infact, Benoit's might have even been more sucessful. Don't wanna hear the arguement about Guerrero being dead either or Benoit being a current worker. Being a current wrestler should have ZERO difference on being included. Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels and The Rock should be inducted instantly.
Wouldn't it make more sense to wait until after he retired though?

Stickman
11-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Kona Crush should be inducted....