PDA

View Full Version : Survivor Series

Stickman
11-24-2006, 02:33 PM
It's coming up, I'm disappointed there's not a Smackdown team, a Raw team, and an ECW team. How do you guys think it'll go down?

M-A-G
11-24-2006, 07:55 PM
ECW has no business on the card.

Mr. Nerfect
11-24-2006, 08:09 PM
I can kind of see where M-A-G is coming from, as December to Dismember is coming up, but ECW really needs to latch on to WWE's PPV schedule, as they only have two of their own. ECW could probably have been left off Survivor Series, though.

Mr. Nerfect
11-24-2006, 08:27 PM
The Legends will almost certainly defeat The Spirit Squad. I just hope it is because Johnny Jeter turns face. Anything less would damage the credibility of the younger guys.

Team DX will likely defeat Team Rated-RKO. I'm actually smelling a clean sweep. Mike Knox goes first, when Punk gets him to tap to the Anaconda Vice. Gregory Helms is then done in by Matt Hardy. Johnny Nitro follows, eliminated by the other Hardy. DX eliminating the World Tag Team Champions is not hard to picture. I can very easily imagine all five babyfaces standing tall in the ring.

Team Cena will most probably defeat Team Big Show. You have three challengers to the ECW World Title the following weekend on one team. You need to put them over. Kane could also use a victory over MVP. Finlay should really be used as enhancement talent. Big Show is retiring soon. It just makes sense. So who gets to pin Umaga? I see John Cena getting the fall over Umaga, but what better way to end his streak, then with his greatest rival, the young WWE Champion and the up-and-coming Bobby Lashley. Hell, allow RVD to hit two Five Star Frog Splashes on him as well. It'd get him over pretty strong, and ends his streak respectably. I think John Cena, Kane and Bobby Lashley will survive. One from RAW, one from SmackDown!, one from ECW.

I'm beginning to think the WWE is getting cold feet about putting the WWE United States Championship on Chavo Guerrero. Seeing Chris Benoit retain would not surprise me. Benoit and Chavo could continue feuding without the title on the line. I think putting the belt on Chavo at least once is a good move, though. Have him win it at Survivor Series, and then drop it off to Matt Hardy on SmackDown!. Actually, I see it more likely to be Chavo losing at Survivor Series, then losing the Title to Chavo on SmackDown!. Don't ask me why.

I'm more interested in the Women's Title Match now, than I was when it was first announced. Lita cut a pretty good shoot promo on RAW, and she arguably deserves to go out the same way Trish did. Will they have two straight Women's Champions retire with the belt, though? It may be seen as damaging, but I think they'll be able to do a better Women's Tournament this time around. Take Two could see Jazz come over from ECW (and them actually use her for something), Jillian Hall come over from SmackDown!, Kristal Marshall show off her progressing skills on RAW, Beth Phoenix return. Add them to Mickie James, Victoria and Melina and you have seven ladies. Call up one more, maybe Shantelle Taylor, or even ODB from OVW, and you can have yourself a great tournament, culminating at New Year's Revolution. That PPV has to be good for something, right?

Mr. Kennedy will hopefully defeat The Undertaker in the First Blood Match. I can see MVP getting involved to help Mr. Kennedy. Porter will be losing later that night (or would have lost earlier), and helping Kennedy win would be good for both men, and keeps Taker looking stronger than he needs to.

The most interesting match on the card, and the one I am most eager to see, isn't even confirmed, and won't even happen: Jerry Lawler leading a team against Chris Masters. Have Carlito, Paul London and Brian Kendrick make up Lawler's team. Hell, maybe throw in Hacksaw Jim Duggan or Tommy Dreamer. Team Masters could be: Chris Masters, Shelton Benjamin, William Regal, Dave Taylor (who seems to be rushing back) and either Eugene or Hardcore Holly. What a sweet match that would be. London, Kendrick, Regal, Taylor, Carlito and Benjamin would make it.

Mr. Nerfect
11-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Oh, and King Booker should still be World Heavyweight Champion after Survivor Series. I know it isn't likely, but it would be the best move, in my opinion. It creates an interesting angle as well. Just go for it, WWE.

ChiefStubbs
11-24-2006, 11:01 PM
I hate "King" Booker. And why would Kennedy hopefully defeat the Undertaker?

The Show Off
11-25-2006, 12:05 AM
The only thing I know for sure is that Randy Orton will be the sole survivor of his match with Team DX...

Orton has a Survivor Series legacy to uphold and I know the WWE will allow him to keep it. Orton has been the Sole Survivor for three straight years, he'll do it again this year.

At least I hope it happens this way. The odd question is does he pin Shawn Michaels to win the match making it 3 of the last 4 Survivor Series in which Orton is the sole survivor after pinning HBK. The better choice would be to have Orton pin Triple H, obviously not cleanly.

Boondock Saint
11-25-2006, 12:23 AM
I usually order the "big" PPVs, but my interest in wrestling has severely diminished over the past month. I follow it but only watch RAW and usually i'm fastforwarding through most of it.

Do you think this PPV will be worth it or will it just be another letdown? It looks good on paper match-wise, IMO.

CSL
11-25-2006, 12:32 AM
<font color=white>I see Umaga being DQ'd from his match.

And I have a feeling CM Punk and one of the DX members will survive in that match.</font>

KingofOldSchool
11-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Umaga will be the sole survivor, bank on that.

I, too, see CM Punk being one of the sole survivors on Team DX just to hype his undefeated streak going in to DtD.

KingofOldSchool
11-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Oh and if we have another match I can see it being...

Carlito, Lawler, Cryme Tyme, and The Sandman vs. Chris Masters, Shelton Benjamin, Cade & Murdoch, and Hardcore Holly

Londoner
11-25-2006, 11:20 AM
I hate "King" Booker. And why would Kennedy hopefully defeat the Undertaker?

King BookAAAAAHHHH > You

You don't deserve to say the name King Booker. He's one of the best things to happen to smackdown in ages.

ChiefStubbs
11-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Bullshit. He comes out with that fancy music, the horsefaced queen saying,"All hail king Bookah!", he sticks his damned pinky out, he puts on his British accent, and cries when he wins a match. The best thing to happen to Smackdown was when Kane came over and the Brothers of Destrocution reunited, according to the ratings.

Londoner
11-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Hahahahahaha, discussing wrestling with newbies is like talking to people from another world or something.

Can't you just accept the gimmick is meant to be a bit funny? They've booked his title run perfectly, that's what im most amazed about, the way they just keep building up his ego like that. They haven't done a thing wrong so far.

ChiefStubbs
11-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Newbies?
No, I can't find it funny. I find it annoying, to be honest with you.

Londoner
11-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Get some green rep and then i'll care.

ChiefStubbs
11-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Why should I give a damn whether you care? I was just stating my opinions.

Rammsteinmad
11-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Booker T should beat Batista.

Then have Benoit win the Rumble and there's your main event.

:D

Londoner
11-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Why should I give a damn whether you care? I was just stating my opinions.

Well if you look at it this way, the fact that you told me your opinion shows you care about whether I care or not. If you didn't care you wouldn't reply.

Testicle
11-25-2006, 01:44 PM
Booker's run has been well done and his accent is awesome, definitly the best champion in the wwe

Booker T should beat Batista.

Then have Benoit win the Rumble and there's your main event.

:D

I know they are friends and have had great matches, but I don't think people would buy into Booker T vs. Benoit as a Mania main event

owenbrown
11-25-2006, 01:55 PM
Booker's run has been well done and his accent is awesome, definitly the best champion in the wwe

Shut up. I am sick and tired of this lame act by Booker T. It's getting old. Especially with "Queen" Sharmell's shrill voice that sounds like nails on a chalkboard. :nono:

Londoner
11-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Damn, even when WWE books someone right you guys get mad, i can't help but laugh at how seriously you guys take it.

owenbrown
11-25-2006, 02:14 PM
WWE is lately nothing more than an insult to my intellegence to me, and that's is all they are gonna be until they straighten things out. I don't even watch ECW cause its nothing but watered down old school ECW/current WWE. RAW I am about to officially (if this whole K-Fed angle goes the way I think it will.) remove from my life after January 1, 2007. Which leads me to SmackDown! which is a borderline clusterfuck as well. The only hope that is left on TV(unless ROH miraculously gets a cable deal) is TNA and they are not much better. So with that in mind, I am almost completely done with pro wrestling altogether.

Testicle
11-25-2006, 02:50 PM
owenbrown is right about one thing, sharmells voice is fucking terrible

parkmania
11-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Let's get one thing straight: If an extra match happens, Lawler will NOT have any ECW guys on his team unless he is forced to. He has made too many comments about "Extremely Crappy Wrestling" to have anyone want to be his teammate.

KingofOldSchool
11-25-2006, 05:01 PM
WWE is lately nothing more than an insult to my intellegence to me, and that's is all they are gonna be until they straighten things out. I don't even watch ECW cause its nothing but watered down old school ECW/current WWE. RAW I am about to officially (if this whole K-Fed angle goes the way I think it will.) remove from my life after January 1, 2007. Which leads me to SmackDown! which is a borderline clusterfuck as well. The only hope that is left on TV(unless ROH miraculously gets a cable deal) is TNA and they are not much better. So with that in mind, I am almost completely done with pro wrestling altogether.

Why not just get it over with and stop now?

Oh that's right, you can't.

owenbrown
11-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Why not just get it over with and stop now?

Oh that's right, you can't.

That's because I am giving them until that date to have a slim to none possible chance of them redeeming themselves and stopping this clusterfuck.
But, alas, it's not gonna happen, so maybe you are right.

KingofOldSchool
11-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Let's get one thing straight: If an extra match happens, Lawler will NOT have any ECW guys on his team unless he is forced to. He has made too many comments about "Extremely Crappy Wrestling" to have anyone want to be his teammate.

Didn't DX say that Punk didn't have what it takes when he was first hired?

The One
11-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Hunter had some comments about Punk backstage, but Lawler has been outspoken in character as well as backstage. Both of these facts are pointless seeing as they happened before the most recent PPV and as we all know wrestling history only goes back to the last show. Beyond that...well...who could be bothered to remember such details.

TOVO Fact: Tovo's least favorite 007 was Roger Moore.

KingofOldSchool
11-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Hunter had some comments about Punk backstage, but Lawler has been outspoken in character as well as backstage. Both of these facts are pointless seeing as they happened before the most recent PPV and as we all know wrestling history only goes back to the last show. Beyond that...well...who could be bothered to remember such details.

Exactly.

AdrianM
11-25-2006, 09:39 PM
That's because I am giving them until that date to have a slim to none possible chance of them redeeming themselves and stopping this clusterfuck.

well..if its not gonna happen, then just stop watching now
listen to KoOS, he's a good guy. Quit watching now so you can stop bitching

Evil Vito
11-26-2006, 12:28 PM
<font color=goldenrod>There's no Smackdown, Raw, and ECW team because brand warfare has been done to death, quite simply.

Only time you'll see battling between the brands will be around Rumble time, and that happens every year anyway. Speaking of which, I wonder how that's gonna work - 10 guys per show? I can barely think of 10 ECW guys worthy of being in the Rumble to begin with</font>

Londoner
11-26-2006, 12:38 PM
^ ECW have no place in the rumble so i wouldnt worry about that.

Londoner
11-26-2006, 12:40 PM

Why not just get a life and stop watching? Do something else that doesn't insult your intelligence instead of bitching about it. If you think about it, its you who is insulting your own intelligence, not the WWE. They're targetting a different audience to you yet you continue to watch it even though you're offended. I still find WWE entertaining in some areas but if you feel insulted you shouldn't watch it.

Testicle
11-26-2006, 01:33 PM
Do something else that doesn't insult your intelligence instead of bitching about it. If you think about it, its you who is insulting your own intelligence, not the WWE. They're targetting a different audience to you yet you continue to watch it even though you're offended. I still find WWE entertaining in some areas but if you feel insulted you shouldn't watch it.

I see your point, but when smackdown has the little bastard and raw has umaga with his thumb move it is hard not to bitch

Sometimes it is insulting to the audiunce, not all wwe fans are 3 years old

Londoner
11-26-2006, 11:05 PM
I don't find it offending though, the trick is not to take it so seriously.

M-A-G
11-27-2006, 07:44 PM
TOVO Fact: Tovo's least favorite 007 was Roger Moore.

Oh, I KNOW you didn't just say that!