PDA

View Full Version : How good is King Booker!

AdrianM
11-25-2006, 09:45 PM
yes, the title is a statement, not a question. I think he's awesome

discuss...

mike627
11-25-2006, 09:53 PM
yes, the title is a statement, not a question. I think he's awesome

discuss... I don't enjoy his gimmick but,I give him credit for making the HWC mean something again,it's a shame that he's going to be burried at Surivior Series and at the next SD ppv.:-\

McLegend
11-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Booker has never been better.

KingofOldSchool
11-25-2006, 09:54 PM
All Hail King Booker.

The Champion of Champions.

Rammsteinmad
11-25-2006, 09:59 PM
All Hail King Booker.

The Champion of Champions.

Funky Fly
11-25-2006, 10:46 PM
The gimmick is nice because of the subtle injection ebonics here and there when he's off guard. Like when Cryme Tyme stole his wallet.

Also, it's about time he got the belt in the WWE.

Stickman
11-25-2006, 10:50 PM
I refuse to watch Smackdown. i turn the channel if Booker is on Raw.

Fox
11-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Booker has been great lately. I actually caught part of Smackdown last night and I really enjoyed his segment with Batista... mostly because Batista didn't talk. Always a plus.

The Genius
11-26-2006, 12:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysHCLJ3rP2o

that was a hilarious meeting between cryme tyme and booker.

I DONT SPEAK EBONICS

Londoner
11-26-2006, 03:13 AM
Yeah as I said in another thread they haven't done a thing wrong with him so far, this Batista/booker feud is better than anything raw has done for the WWE title all year.

St. Jimmy
11-26-2006, 10:20 AM
The B-Champion on the B-Show even when compared to John Cena. Oh yeah, he must be amazing. :roll:

Testicle
11-26-2006, 11:06 AM
The B-Champion on the B-Show even when compared to John Cena. Oh yeah, he must be amazing. :roll:

Did you just say that Cena is a better champion than Booker, you're out of your mind:wtf:

St. Jimmy
11-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Did you just say that Cena is a better champion than Booker, you're out of your mind:wtf:

So you're retarded and illiterate... Aren't you just the pick of the litter.

NATURAL SELECTION: Prevention for the future.

Caged Heat18
11-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I love the King Booker gimmick. I'm happy he has the belt, I just hope he doesn't lose the title at survivor series.

Testicle
11-26-2006, 11:16 AM
You said he was the B-Champion when compared to Cena

St. Jimmy
11-26-2006, 11:20 AM
You said he was the B-Champion when compared to Cena

No. I said he's the B-Champion even when compared to Cena. He's going to remain the B-Champion reguardless of who has the WWE title, but it's pretty bad that he can't surpass the level of sheer crap that Cena brings. It's not Bookers fault, it's booking and the fact that he's on the B-Show.

Team Sheep
11-26-2006, 11:39 AM
I've never enjoyed Boooker T, until he became King Booker. Seriously he's like a brand new wrestler on the roster since he changed to King Booker. Booker T was so stale. He's absolutely awesome right now.

Dorkchop
11-26-2006, 12:02 PM
I've alwaysed Booker T. As King Booker he's awesome. He's a reverse John Cena. I love it.

I hope he gets to keep the title for longer. I'm loving every minute of him.

Russenmafia
11-26-2006, 05:09 PM
this line from his backstage skit with Teddy Long cracked me up

"I have defeated Batista many times, first at the Summerslam Games"

Summerslam Games :D :D :D

MLW
11-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Sure you didn't meen How gay is king booker?

DominateR
11-26-2006, 06:06 PM
I hate how he always says his name "KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENG BOOKUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" with that stupid facial expression, and it looks like he can outspit Carlito too if he really wanted to. I'm glad he's dropping the belt tonight to someone who actually is worthy of holding it. King Booker has been carrying the belt like shit.

Testicle
11-26-2006, 06:12 PM
I hate how he always says his name "KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENG BOOKUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" with that stupid facial expression, and it looks like he can outspit Carlito too if he really wanted to. I'm glad he's dropping the belt tonight to someone who actually is worthy of holding it. King Booker has been carrying the belt like shit.

What? Fine the way booker says his name is annoying but to say batista is more worthy of the belt is crap, booker deserves this run and has done a good job

AdrianM
11-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Sure you didn't meen How gay is king booker?

umm...yeah, I'm sure. he's entertaining as hell right now

AdrianM
11-26-2006, 06:46 PM

You hate when he does that...hmmm, makes a pretty good heel to me then.

Anyway, ur opinion sucks so it doesn't matter

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
11-26-2006, 07:04 PM
I think he's the most entertaining thing on Smackdown, (and easily more entertaining than anything on Raw) which is astonishing, since I haven't been a fan of a main eventer since Eddie / Benoit were main eventing. The character is hilarious.

Afterlife
11-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I find Booker to be an astounding sum of equal portions of Boring and Redundant. He is, for all intents and purposes, lame as hell. He does not deserve the title, and he has done nothing for the position.

The match with Batista tonight showed that both men need to be carried thru a good match. And the fact that there's a personal grudge between them probably didn't help the lackluster main event.

Booker needs to stop 'considering' retirement and just fucking do it.

Afterlife
11-26-2006, 11:29 PM
And, for the love of god, fire his fucking wife!!

Londoner
11-26-2006, 11:30 PM
^ Wtf? Booker doesn't need to be carried all the time. You guys take this shit to seriously, learn to laugh!

Afterlife
11-26-2006, 11:37 PM
I laugh when things are funny. Booker is not funny. Booker has been tedium in carnate since he split with Goldust.

Londoner
11-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Maybe he isn't funny to you, but his gimmick is a classic way of building up a heels ego, he deserves this title run to which makes it even better.

Afterlife
11-26-2006, 11:41 PM
His gimmick is difficult to watch. I get embarassed for him when he tries pulling that royalty shtick. It's absolutely horrible.

And, if you need to 'build up' your status on the show, it kind of demonstrates my point about him being dull.

Testicle
11-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I find Booker to be an astounding sum of equal portions of Boring and Redundant. He is, for all intents and purposes, lame as hell. He does not deserve the title, and he has done nothing for the position.

The match with Batista tonight showed that both men need to be carried thru a good match. And the fact that there's a personal grudge between them probably didn't help the lackluster main event.

Booker needs to stop 'considering' retirement and just fucking do it.

I agree with firing his wife, but booker needing to be caried through a match is rediculous, booker T even at 40 plus is a good wrestler and he definitly deserves this run

Londoner
11-26-2006, 11:46 PM
The thing is they can't fire his wife cause she's part of the gimmick isn't she? So unfortunately we are stuck with her.

Testicle
11-26-2006, 11:48 PM
I know, I meant after booker retires

Londoner
11-26-2006, 11:48 PM
His gimmick is difficult to watch. I get embarassed for him when he tries pulling that royalty shtick. It's absolutely horrible.

It's just a fucking gimmick, relax man. lol

And, if you need to 'build up' your status on the show, it kind of demonstrates my point about him being dull.

No, it kind of demonstrates how much WWE have fucked him over in the past. Did you know WWE misuses people who are talented? Or are you just ignoring that fact cause it would make your opinion wrong?

Afterlife
11-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Booker is repetative rubbish. That is all. He has done nothing new since he went to SmackDown. And I'm sorry, but he I haven't seen a good match out of him in quite some time.

Afterlife
11-26-2006, 11:52 PM
The problem with stating that they misuse talented guys, is that it helps my point. Booker is lame, and he is champ. Many others are actually worth the money, and are getting shit on.

Believe me, I've seen talent get thrown away, and it's usually in the wake of rehashing mistakes.

Testicle
11-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Booker is repetative rubbish. That is all. He has done nothing new since he went to SmackDown. And I'm sorry, but he I haven't seen a good match out of him in quite some time.

Bullshit, he had great matches with lashely earlier this year if you paid attention, plus like TL said they have missued him for years.

Their king of the ring match was fantastic

Londoner
11-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Whatever afterlife, if it wasn't so late i would continue but i know where this argument will go. Some people will just complain about anything though. Every title match of his so far i've liked btw.

Afterlife
11-26-2006, 11:55 PM
I guess that teeters on your definition of "fantastic".

Afterlife
11-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Look, AdrianM didn't say "agree", he said "discuss". And that's all I'm doing. I just really need a reason to kiss someone's ass, and Booker is just so damn boring, I can't bring myself to justify it. I'm not trying to pick a fight -- I'm not Kane Knight for cryin' out loud. I'm simply stating that the guy does nothing but turn me away.

Londoner
11-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Ok then afterlife, what would you have done with booker?( and no, you can not take the option of releasing him) Kept him as he was? He was boring and stale before this gimmick change.

Edit- And why did you mention adrianm?

Testicle
11-27-2006, 12:02 AM
I guess that teeters on your definition of "fantastic".

ok, I was exagerating but they were pretty good, give booker his due

Afterlife
11-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Ok then afterlife, what would you have done with booker?( and no, you can not take the option of releasing him) Kept him as he was? He was boring and stale before this gimmick change.

Edit- And why did you mention adrianm?

AdrianM started this thread.

I'm not saying I could book him better. I totally agree that he was dull before the royalty crap; that's my point. He's been boring for years. And if releasing him isn't an option, I'd give him the Rob Conway treatment.

Testicle
11-27-2006, 12:06 AM
you've got to be joking, make Booker T a jobber

he's a good wrestler, something most wwe champions are not

Londoner
11-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Fair enough that's your opinion i guess we'll have to agree to disagree eh? But the way i see it is it was either this booker or the boring and stale booker, i know which one i prefer to watch.

Afterlife
11-27-2006, 12:07 AM
ok, I was exagerating but they were pretty good, give booker his due

His due? He was in a spectacular tag team with Goldust. He was the straight man, the solid part of the team; Goldust was the eye-catcher, the hook. But when they split, it became apparent that this particular Dean was only good in the wake of his Frank.

Afterlife
11-27-2006, 12:08 AM
you've got to be joking, make Booker T a jobber

he's a good wrestler, something most wwe champions are not

Make him a jobber, I kid you not. It's the best thing he could do for the company.

Afterlife
11-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Fair enough that's your opinion i guess we'll have to agree to disagree eh? But the way i see it is it was either this booker or the boring and stale booker, i know which one i prefer to watch.

The problem with that theory is that this Booker is still stale and boring. He's just stale and boring with a crown and a terrible accent.

Testicle
11-27-2006, 12:12 AM
ouch dude, I will admit that throughout his career he was a better tag team wrestler

him and his brother were one of my favorite teams

Afterlife
11-27-2006, 12:15 AM
That, I cannot attest to, as I never watched WCW.

Londoner
11-27-2006, 12:15 AM
Holy shit im getting a major feeling of de ja vu here, it just seems like this all happened before, strange.

Anyway, back on topic...

Testicle
11-27-2006, 12:17 AM
That, I cannot attest to, as I never watched WCW.

thats probaly why you dont think booker is any good

Afterlife
11-27-2006, 12:22 AM
No, I already said that I loved the Booker/Goldust tag. I liked Booker during the whole Invasion deal. But since the tag split, it's the same, old, tired, hackneyed crap.

Londoner
11-27-2006, 12:24 AM
The problem with that theory is that this Booker is still stale and boring. He's just stale and boring with a crown and a terrible accent.

You keep speaking like your opinion is fact, he maybe boring and stale to you but he isn't to others. You know what I think? I think fans on the internet are just so used to bashing anything the WWE does, that anything these days comes off as boring and stale. I like the accent though, its meant to be a joke.

Can't you see the irony in the fact that we have a Raw champ that acts like he's black, and a Smackdown champ that acts like he's white?

Testicle
11-27-2006, 12:26 AM
I too think his accent is funny, his pinky is funny, the only really annyoing part is his wife, she blows ass

Afterlife
11-27-2006, 12:38 AM
You keep speaking like your opinion is fact, he maybe boring and stale to you but he isn't to others. You know what I think? I think fans on the internet are just so used to bashing anything the WWE does, that anything these days comes off as boring and stale. I like the accent though, its meant to be a joke.

Can't you see the irony in the fact that we have a Raw champ that acts like he's black, and a Smackdown champ that acts like he's white?

First of all, my opinion is that he is dull, and that's a fact.

Secondly, 90% of the time, I'm the one defending people on here. I don't make a habbit of 'bashing' most workers, especially based on gimmick output. But in this case, Booker is downright bad at it.

I don't find it ironic at all, actually. Partly b/c Cena has really toned down his blackness. I mean, in all honesty, he was hella blacker when he actually presented himself as a wigger. Nowadays, he's just a fragment of the stereotype. Booker, on the other hand, is still as stereotypically black as ever, but with a pathetic gimmick. to be honest, I'd like him much more if he was just himself.

And wifeless.

Londoner
11-27-2006, 12:42 AM
Whatever man, i don't really see the point in discussing much further, we both have our opinions and i'm pretty sure the majority are on my side here. But i'm done for now as its late.

Afterlife
11-27-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm not demanding anyone agree with me. Enjoy your night.

The Naitch
11-27-2006, 01:23 AM
I'd love to see Booker turn face half way through aligning with Goldust again (hire Goldy back of course)