PDA

View Full Version : Angel cancelled

The Destroyer
02-14-2004, 07:54 AM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=3462

The WB announced today that Angel won't be back for a sixth season. The news comes on the heels of the network airing the 100th episode of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin-off starring David Boreanaz. The WB issued a statement early in order to give the show's creators time to wrap up the season appropriately.

"For the last seven years 'Angel' and 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' have been cornerstones of our network. The sum total of the work done on those shows has produced some of the proudest moments in our history," said the network.

"Like some of the great series that are leaving the air this year, including 'Frasier' and 'Friends,' the cast, crew, writers and producers of 'Angel' deserve to be able to wrap up the series in a way befitting a classic television series and that is why we went to Joss to let him know that this would be the last year of the series on The WB."

The cancellation might not be the end of Angel altogether though. "We have discussed continuing the 'Angel' legacy with special movie events next year, which is still on the table," said The WB. "In a perfect world, all of these details would be completed before this information went to the press so that we could be definitive about the show's ongoing future. But in any case, we did not want to contemplate this being the last year of 'Angel' without giving the show the option of crafting their own destiny for this character and for this series."

The network also praised Boreanaz, cast and crew. "David Boreanaz continues to be one of the finest, classiest and friendliest actors we have had the pleasure to work with and we hope that the relationship furthers from here. The same can be said for all the actors and producers on the show."

There are still nine episodes left in this, now last, season of Angel.
---------
The gits, I always prefered it to Buffy. :(

Mr. Monday Morning
02-14-2004, 07:57 AM
Just saw this earlier.

Pissed off as a motherf</>ucker.

It might be able to jump to UPN or something but it's doubtful. They've had it in mind that they might be cancelled this season but still, they've already shot at least episode 15, so it only leaves them...7 episodes max to wrap up the entire show. That is *not* good enough.

Real Deal
02-14-2004, 08:26 AM
:'( :'( :'( :'(
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

YOUR Hero
02-14-2004, 10:10 AM
If this means I won't see another episode of Buffy or Angel again, then I'm happy.
Those 2 shows seem to always be on and it pisses me off.

Mr. Monday Morning
02-14-2004, 10:24 AM
:rant:

-edit- It doesn't, btw, they're both in syndication and probably will be for a while.

The Destroyer
02-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Don't like it? Don't watch it. :p

Just sit with your pipe and slippers and read the newspaper. ;)

Kane Knight
02-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Can't say I really care.

Angel sucked as a character. The show was pretty lame too. Buffy had some great characters. Mopey the Vampire was not one of them.

Kane Knight
02-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Oh yeah, and Bufy's on like 9 times a day, and it was already cancelled.

I doubt that Angel's gonna be much different...

DaveWadding
02-14-2004, 12:36 PM
I'm not complaining. Both shows sucked, IMO. Now, I no longer have to tape it :y:

The Destroyer
02-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Fickle gits.

And if you hated the show why the hell did you tape it?

Kane Knight
02-14-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm not complaining. Both shows sucked, IMO.

DIE. :foc:

Gertner
02-14-2004, 05:53 PM
i agree with Wadding. Who cares.

Vega
02-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Never saw the show, or a full episode of Buffy. Neither really interested me.

The Destroyer
02-14-2004, 06:58 PM
If you don't care, fu</>ck off and stop replying, you dicks.

:)

YOUR Hero
02-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Why I care, is everytime I went to 'The Space Channel' to see what was on, guess what was on? I'm sure it'll continue to be that way, and I get really annoyed. I expect more outta 'The Space Channel' than those two shows replayed over and over.

Mr. Monday Morning
02-14-2004, 07:47 PM
We don't have syndication here (not as such, anyway...certainly not in the same way things re-air in the US) so it'll probably affect overseas viewers more than those in the US.

Having said that you should all die :mad:

Blitz
02-15-2004, 02:16 PM
GODAMNIT. First Buffy, now Angel?

Must...find...new...Whedon...fix...

Mr. Monday Morning
02-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Don't forget Firefly :-\

DaveWadding
02-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Fickle gits.

And if you hated the show why the hell did you tape it?

My sister adores vampire/witch type shows (Angel, Buffy, Charmed), so every time she has to work and it's on, I get to tape it for her.