PDA

View Full Version : I got the mystery with the Montreal screwjob throat-shoving solved, I think.

darkpower
11-30-2006, 04:18 AM
I had to talk about this because I saw that K-Fed/Britney work thing, and thought I might be able to get away with this one.

You know how Vince wants to bring up the Montreal Screwjob from Survivor Series 97 every single fucking time he gets the chance? I think I finally figured out the real reason behind it. Amongst all the reason to devlop his "Mr. McMahon" persona more and more, other than supplying his ego with more and more inflation, other than any other reason we have thought of thus far, I think I have figured it out (and sorry to anyone that thought of this before me):

Vince is really hoping that Bret Hart and Shawn want a rematch to happen at Series 2007.

Think about it for a minute. Vince has already got the venue picked out for it (as far as I know), which is back in the Belle Centre. Also, you would think that Shawn would by now say something to Vince or to the people of Montreal (out of kayfabe) to get over it already (he did once but within kayfabe in 2003 on Jericho's Highlight Reel) well before any of us ever started to get tired of hearing about it. Vince really wanted to mend things with Bret Hart, but didn't really care that Bret hates the holy fuck out of Shawn still (and for that matter Shawn doesn't like Bret, either). And you KNOW Montreal fans will mark the fuck OUT for the match, because it was them that actually saw it and didn't like the 97 outcome, and then the ten YEARS of "buildup" afterwards for the rematch.

It would be one hell of an elaborate plan if this were to be true. I'm not saying the match WILL take place, just that Vince would be hoping that he can actually do it. Could it be that he thinks Bret can still have a match in the ring in some way? Does he really want for this thing to end, and to have Bret and Shawn "settle the score once and for all at the one place it all began"?

Discuss!

Jeritron
11-30-2006, 04:42 AM
I don't doubt that Vince wants this to happen at some point. The fans want Bret and it would generate huge money. You can tell they tease at it heavily over the past few years, but I just dont think its possible. Not neccesarily because Bret won't (because hes been coming around lately), but because he can't. I think the real cash-in would be in a Bret/Vince match anyways. I doubt Bret would be willing to risk his life in a potentially shitty match to fight Shawn Michaels.
This is just something I dont think will come to be, not Shawn vs Bret, or Bret vs Vince. WWE just continues to tease at it to get people to think it might actually happen which is the next best thing to draw. I thought for sure Bret was gonna come out during Shawn vs Vince, he was in the goddamn city, and he didn't. So I say theres just about as much a chance of this happening as Ghostbusters 3 (those who get this analogy understand). I'm not saying never, because never say never has shown to be true. I just don't think it will. If it does, it prob will be a moment rather than a match.

Tornado
11-30-2006, 09:40 AM
It won't happen. I'm pretty sure I read something saying that Bret can't wrestle a professional wrestling match due to a lawsuit he won over his insurance company.

Kane Knight
11-30-2006, 09:48 AM
I don't even have the heart to mock you.

TerranRich
11-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Okay, people, I know this is hard to take in, but...

BRET HART CAN'T, NOR WILL HE EVER BE ABLE TO WRESTLE A MATCH, EVER!

Let the sobbing and crying begin.

addy2hotty
11-30-2006, 10:41 AM
The fact that Montreal is mentioned again and again almost 10 years after the event makes Jesus cry.

St. Jimmy
11-30-2006, 11:47 AM

I don't want him to wrestle. I want him to be the first class observant of his own invalid ass-beating, he's an insufferable prick.

Stickman
11-30-2006, 12:19 PM
OMG bret heart will b on RAW!

M-A-G
11-30-2006, 01:41 PM
Do you still care about everything that happened 10 years ago?

darkpower
11-30-2006, 05:53 PM

Ok, let me state this REALLY clear. I never say that I wanted it to happen or thought it was going to happen. I was saying that VINCE were to hope that it could happen in some way.

Hope that educates you a bit.

TerranRich
12-01-2006, 11:30 AM
That was...um...meant for Vince to read... :shifty:

Kane Knight
12-01-2006, 12:13 PM
I think you're giving Vince too much credit.

Way too much credit.

NeanderCarl
12-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Bret Hart could wrestle one last match if he really wanted to. Sure, it's a risk, but wrestlers have taken bigger risks in the past, all he would have to do is not take big bumps and have a less physical style (and no more ring post figure fours). Just go out there in the old costume, beat somebody about a bit, sharpshooter, there you go. If HBK was willing, and prepared to bump like crazy for the 'Hitman', they could easily work a tidy, 10 minute match without endangering Hart's health.

He won't ever do it, however, because of the insurance policy. It's not worth losing that for the sake of one last match. (Especially for a match against his hated nemesis, Shawn Michaels).

What I will say though is there IS a slight chance a Bret Hart return to the ring could happen, depending on which is bigger? His appetite for money, or his ego. And we know his ego is huge, and he would probably LOVE to have that one last moment.

And I know I'm gonna get shot down now for saying that Bret could wrestle if he really wanted to, "our beloved Hitman wouldn't lie to us", "do you know ANYTHING about brain injuries", etc etc. But like I said, they could work around that for one match, I'm not saying a full-time return to the ring.

Fox
12-01-2006, 01:09 PM
...how do you "work around" a brain injury?

NeanderCarl
12-01-2006, 01:13 PM
...how do you "work around" a brain injury?

By not taking any bumps, and no shots to the head. I'm talking a virtual squash match.

Come on, this is the WORKED wrestling business, where guys have wrestled with no leg, no foot, artificial hips.... Flair goes out there week after week and takes maybe two bumps in the whole match. Piper hasn't taken a big bump in years.

It's definitely do-able.

The MAC
12-01-2006, 03:31 PM
it would be a big pop but a shitty match. Bret would probably have on head gear.

If i was booking it :Shawn and vince should stand in the middle of the ring in montreal and talk about being at the scene of the crime.They laugh about how they crushed the hopes and dreams of an entire country.

Shawn could even say " I came back from a broken back Bret ! you had a head ache and you quit- but then you were always a quitter and you never had the balls to take me on after I kicked your ass and screwed you out of the title "

Suddenly Brets Music hits!...and out walks a midget Hitman (just like the night after SS97) Shawn would say something like "wow! canada is really in a time warp..this is so 10 yrs ago" hinting at the above mentioned raw segment.

Vince then Whispers something into Shawn's ear. He laughs out loud. Shawn knocks the midget down and starts to put him in the sharpshooter re-enacting
the screw job. Vince plays Hebner.

Just as vince is about to ring the bell Bret and Anvil would come out of the crowd . Anvil breaks shawn in half (baw Gawd ?) then Bret would Legit punch Vince in the Face. They do the old Heart Attack finisher on Shawn Micheals. Bret then puts Vince into the Sharpshooter.

Security would haul ass to the ring only to be cut off by every canadian on the roster who would come out and surround the ring.

Anvil then throws Vince and shawn out of the ring. Bret Gives the "I love you" sign to the crowd and they exit.

(this would be do-able for Bret)

CSL
12-01-2006, 04:26 PM
it would be a big pop but a shitty match. Bret would probably have on head gear.

If i was booking it :Shawn and vince should stand in the middle of the ring in montreal and talk about being at the scene of the crime.They laugh about how they crushed the hopes and dreams of an entire country.

Shawn could even say " I came back from a broken back Bret ! you had a head ache and you quit- but then you were always a quitter and you never had the balls to take me on after I kicked your ass and screwed you out of the title "

Suddenly Brets Music hits!...and out walks a midget Hitman (just like the night after SS97) Shawn would say something like "wow! canada is really in a time warp..this is so 10 yrs ago" hinting at the above mentioned raw segment.

Vince then Whispers something into Shawn's ear. He laughs out loud. Shawn knocks the midget down and starts to put him in the sharpshooter re-enacting
the screw job. Vince plays Hebner.

Just as vince is about to ring the bell Bret and Anvil would come out of the crowd . Anvil breaks shawn in half (baw Gawd ?) then Bret would Legit punch Vince in the Face. They do the old Heart Attack finisher on Shawn Micheals. Bret then puts Vince into the Sharpshooter.

Security would haul ass to the ring only to be cut off by every canadian on the roster who would come out and surround the ring.

Anvil then throws Vince and shawn out of the ring. Bret Gives the "I love you" sign to the crowd and they exit.

(this would be do-able for Bret)

If Bret were to agree to showing up at Survivor Series, you can bet your house that WWE would promote it before hand, thus kinda taking away the 'suprise show' you have in that. But that said, that would pretty much be the outline (Bret knocks out Vince, sharpshooter, big send off) I'd have thought.

Also, in relation to the post about the insurance company, didn't Bret win a big payout from Lloyd's of London because he can't wrestle anymore? If he wrestled, I'm guessing he'd have to payout a lot of money.

But seriously, I'd like to see Bret at Survivor Series. Regardless of what people think of him, he deserves a good sendoff. It'd probably the last time we'd see him on WWE TV.</font>

The MAC
12-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Well they could tease that the HITMAN will be there ..meaning the Midget ..shawn could rub it in nicely!

NeanderCarl
12-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Of course, they could play out a Hitman angle with Harry Smith, Nattie Neidhart, TJ Wilson, Teddy Hart and Jim The Anvil Neidhart forming a new Hart Foundation to feud with Vince and HBK, and then have Bret show up for the blow-off match, as a ringside enforcer or something. If anything will draw Hart back into the WWE, it will be for the benefit of his family, who could get over huge with this angle.