PDA

View Full Version : Why bother watching Smackdown?

mike627
11-30-2006, 03:30 PM
I was at another forum and I was talking to this Raw mark who has not watched SD in a good while when asked he said the following"why bother watching SD?,when every other wrestler is on the mic saying how they can't wait to leave."To me it sums up why SD will never be nothing more then the b-show it comes from the top of WWE.

Stickman
11-30-2006, 03:53 PM
I can't stand it.

M-A-G
11-30-2006, 04:13 PM
There's like jack going for a main event scene, no tag division to speak of outside of McCool's boys and London and Kendrick, it's the place where they debut tons of green rookies and expect them to magically get themselves hella over, The Undertaker won't make a star out of anyone, a lot of the characters are bland, the cruiserweight division is comatose, and Lashley just got removed. I really don't find a whole lot interesting about SmackDown!.

Team Sheep
11-30-2006, 04:42 PM
It's the A show.

M-A-G
11-30-2006, 04:49 PM
It's the Awful show.

darkpower
12-01-2006, 02:34 AM
The writing and overall shows have been consitintly better than anything RAW has been putting out recently.

Rammsteinmad
12-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Ever since the brand split took place I've ALWAYS prefered Smackdown. Dunno why... just something about it...

El Fangel
12-01-2006, 03:14 AM
I always thought Smakdown to be better UNTIL the brand split, but thats just my opinion, I think it got screwed out of talent.

Also RSM Your name change and avy is working, I now take notice its your post without looking to see you name.

.44 Magdalene
12-01-2006, 03:25 AM
I consistently like Smackdown better than RAW and TNA. Sometimes better than ECW.

XL
12-01-2006, 09:01 AM
I've always been pro SD! over Raw. After the original Brand Split it was immense. With the SmackDown! Six and Angle/Lesnar rivalry highlights of that time. Now everytime there's a draft SD! gets screwed over. Look at this years draft:

Raw to SD!

Christian -- who left soon after
Muhammad Hassan -- who got "killed" on TV
Chris Benoit -- who is no replacement for Angle and went AWOL after a while
Randy Orton -- who went back to Raw when ECW came around
Batista -- who got injured after a good run

SD! to Raw

John Cena -- the most over guy in the company at the time
Big Show -- err?
Carlito -- popular guy ended up being misused
Kurt Angle -- went to Raw, then back to SD! when Batista wen tout, then to ECW
RVD -- Had a decent run on Raw until he joinrd ECW

They didn't replace anyone on SD! when they left/were written out/got injured/died (Eddie RIP) but as soon as some one leaves Raw they recall Orton.

It seems like Vince tries to amend the issue every now and then but then forgets about it. If he sees it as a B-Show then the public will. SD! is like a test run. New guy come sin, gets fairly popular, goes to Raw.

Having said all that...I still prefer it to Raw. The talent over there is better in terms of in ring performance (and SD! doesn't have DX squashing everyone)

Reasons to watch SmackDown!:

Talent in ring performers

Finlay
Benoit
Helms
London
Kendrick
Regal
Jimmy Yang

Guys that can put on a decent match

Kane
Matt Hardy
Chavo
Booker
Taker (now and again)

Oh one more reason...

...Kennedy! (Although he's so popular he'll be on Raw directly after WrestleMania)

Savio
12-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Batista sucks so I'll continue not to watch.

The One
12-01-2006, 11:10 PM
SmackDown is the HeAT of the modern era.

Mr. Nerfect
12-02-2006, 12:20 AM
SmackDown! is by far and way the best wrestling show on television today. It has some of the best wrestlers in the world, namely Paul London, Brian Kendrick, William Regal, Dave fucking Taylor, Finlay, Chris fucking Benoit, Kane (best big man in the business, in my opinion), King Booker, Gregory Helms, Jimmy Wang Yang, Jamie Noble, Matt Hardy, Idol Stevens and KC James (I don't know if he is as good as Idol Stevens, but he has a bad-ass strut). Maybe I'm just a wrestling fan, forgive me, but good wrestling entertains me, and SmackDown! is the place to find it.

I don't think I ever touched on Mr. Kennedy, who has "it", and will one day be a huge heel, and Mike Mizanin and Montel Vontavious Porter, two talented guys the internet loves to rip apart. MVP and The Miz may not be the best wrestlers in the world, but both are solid, to say the least. Most people who disagree are just on the bandwagon. And no, I'm not on the "anti-bandwagon" bandwagon, before you accuse me.

Sure, there is a lot of crap, like The Undertaker and The Boogeyman, but count the crap on RAW this past week. SmackDown! is allowed to have one bad segment.

Avenger
12-02-2006, 12:54 AM
SmackDown is the HeAT of the modern era.lol @ spelling it HeAT