PDA

View Full Version : BoDog Fight

McLegend
12-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah well you see all those commercials for bodog's MMA thing. Well the entire promotion hasn't really looked good...until now

from Dave Meltzer

--In a major shocker, Fedor Emelianenko has signed for Bodog's second PPV as a fighter. Emelianenko is the coach of the Russian Red Devil team for tonight's show in Vancouver. Fedor at this point has only signed a one fight deal with Bodog, run by billionaire Calvin Ayre. As much of a joke as this promotion has been up to this point, this is a sudden major exclamation point that sort of puts them on the radar.

This is huge MMA news. Still I hope Fedor will come to UFC eventually.

On a side note if Fedor would ever come to UFC you know Sylvia would pull off some Fluke win, and knock Fedor out in the first round.

Kris P Lettus
12-02-2006, 06:27 PM
I hope you're joking about that last part..

Anmyway, so is this like IFL?? Like a teamed tourney then the coaches of the teams also fight??

I've seen the commercials (and heard about it on Howard Stern's stations on Sirius), but have never seen a PPV..

Worth getting?? When is it??

McLegend
12-02-2006, 06:52 PM
I hope you're joking about that last part..

Anmyway, so is this like IFL?? Like a teamed tourney then the coaches of the teams also fight??

I've seen the commercials (and heard about it on Howard Stern's stations on Sirius), but have never seen a PPV..

Worth getting?? When is it??
I was being dead serious about a potential match between Fedor and Sylia.

I'm not even exactly sure what it is. I pretty much just know what it is by the commercials as well.

The PPV is actually tonight.

Kris P Lettus
12-03-2006, 11:56 AM
You seriously think Sylvia would last over 3 minutes with Fedor??

LMFAO

McLegend
12-03-2006, 01:10 PM
You seriously think Sylvia would last over 3 minutes with Fedor??

LMFAO
You relize I relize that Fedor is like million times better then Fedor don't you?

It would be a complete fluke. Sylvia is type of the person that would do that.

The One
12-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Sylvia can't hold a candle to Fedor. Just a fact.

As for BoDog, I happen to catch what must of been with a highlight shor or possibly some exihibition matches on one of the spanish channels on TV last night. Not good fighters. I don't know that it would be considered laughable. After all sometimes minor league sports can still have decent games if you truely appreciate the sport itself and not the grandur of it all. I even saw one guy who I thought had the form and the moves to move up to either Pride or possibly UFC, but then he gased,got sloppy, and was caught with an arm bar. Anyway, it's not even close to the caliber of fighters one would expect from one of the bigger promotions, but it was fun to watch I suppose. I wouldn't pay money to see it...though if I got to see Fedor....

Ol Dirty Dastard
12-03-2006, 04:16 PM
If Mirko Cro Cop can't land a fluke shot....if Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera can't catch a fluke submission...if Kevin Randleman can't kill him after dropping him on his neck...Tim Sylvia does not have a chance to land any fluke shot.