PDA

View Full Version : ECW thread for December 5th

Splaya
12-05-2006, 10:09 PM
So yeah I got home late and watched the first 3 minutes of ECW tonight. Heyman, crying about the big show after D2D. I'm not kidding, crying. Then saying, I quit I'm done.

Destor
12-05-2006, 10:11 PM
When RVD came out I started telling my freinds how he better face Punk. Then Punk came out and I got all excited, then they tagged together. GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Batsu
12-05-2006, 10:35 PM
That last bit with Knox.... THAT was ECW

The One
12-05-2006, 10:45 PM
It's a sad sad day for the historical run of ECW when the most ECW things about the main event is Big Show.

Londoner
12-05-2006, 11:13 PM
It's a sad day for ECW when a thread dedicated to the show only has 4 replies.

The One
12-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Nah, that's more the standard. :D

KingofOldSchool
12-06-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm waiting for Vince McMahon to change Extreme Championship Wrestling back to Eastern Championship Wrestling.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-06-2006, 12:08 AM
You know what I don't get? Them spazzing about Lashley bodyslamming Big Show... 2 weeks ago, didn't John Cene FU the Big Show? Isn't that a tad more impressive? Hmm?

KingofOldSchool
12-06-2006, 12:10 AM
BUT LASHLEY IS TEH EXTREEEMMME

What Would Kevin Do?
12-06-2006, 12:41 AM
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5807/3781816dy6.jpg

Destor
12-06-2006, 12:45 AM
You know what I don't get? Them spazzing about Lashley bodyslamming Big Show... 2 weeks ago, didn't John Cene FU the Big Show? Isn't that a tad more impressive? Hmm?Personally I'd say the body slam is more impressive, but still, I see what you're saying.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Personally I'd say the body slam is more impressive, but still, I see what you're saying.

Strenght wise, yes. Visually, no. And as we know, good visuals far outweight reality when it comes to WWE.

Destor
12-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Which is why I see where you're coming from. Regardless, it takes a hell of a lot more power to body slam a guy then it does to F-U someone. But again, I see what you're getting at.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-06-2006, 12:54 AM
Also, I wonder if this means Hogan/Show at Mania is off. Hogan slamming Show won't have as much impact now either.

Destor
12-06-2006, 12:55 AM
A young Bobby Lashley is one thing, a 50 + year old Hogan doing it 20 years later still has meaning.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Still, this is Vince we're talking about. Shane Helms became Gregory Helms for fear that he would be confused with Shane McMahon. I wouldn't have put it past him to tell people not to lift the Big Show in hopes of building up that match.

Then again, with Mania being so far away, the fans will "forget" anyway.

The Genius
12-06-2006, 01:23 AM
big show went down for a 3 count after a body slam. wtf....

Jura
12-06-2006, 04:03 AM
I really believe Lashley was trying for his running power-slam but who can even move a few steps with the Big Show on their shoulders.

Corkscrewed
12-06-2006, 08:00 AM
Brock Lesnar. :shifty:

Savio
12-06-2006, 08:09 AM
So was this show good?

Destor
12-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Decent. Not deplorable, but nothing that sticks out either.

Mr. Nerfect
12-06-2006, 08:41 AM
I haven't seen this show, but just reading the report, I am on the fence.

First of all, even though he was released, Heyman is still the best part of ECW. A little sad, that.

The opening tag team match sounds...hmm. What's the point? Why did the henchmen do what they did? Who are they working for? They appear to be trying to introduce Doug Basham and Derrick Neikirk as wrestling characters, at last, which I am happy about, but why should people take them seriously? Their identities are unknown. It's a little sad that if people knew who they were, they would probably care even less. :-\

Daivari being made to be Tommy Dreamer's bitch? What apologetic booking. That's just silly. If anything, Daivari should have get the clean win, with Dreamer refusing to take the beating at December to Dismember to heart, and still willing to take on Daivari. It makes Dreamer look good for wanting to fight, and it makes Daivari and Khali look all the more ruthless. I personally believe Daivari should be moved back to SmackDown!, or should go to RAW, and Khali could use more training, but hey. If you're going to use them, use them right.

Mike Knox doing what he did to Kelly Kelly sounds awesome. All Kelly needs is a guy to stand up for her. CM Punk kind of has his hands full with Test, Hardcore Holly, Doug Basham and Derrick Neikirk, so The Sandman or Tazz seem the only fit. ECW is getting desperate there.

The main event was the best they could do under the circumstances. They seem to be building Bobby Lashley up, which is good. The only real challengers out there for him are The Sandman and Tommy Dreamer. Maybe an angle where they claim Lashley isn't hardcore enough, so they try to initiate him?

Personally, I think they should just fold the ECW brand. Here's what you can do with the talent:

Al Snow: Send him to OVW as a trainer, and maybe as a colour commentator.

Ariel: Stick her on RAW to help out the Women's Division.

Balls Mahoney: Release him, or give him a chance on RAW in the IC Division.

Christopher W. Anderson: He's currently injured, but a spot on RAW Spinebustering people isn't hard to picture.

CM Punk: Have him go to SmackDown! and form a team with Chris Benoit, like he dreams of.

Daivari: Send him to SmackDown!, and provide them with a heat machine for the Cruiserweight Division.

Danny Doring: Send him down to OVW, and have him work with Braddock/Roadkill down there. They can help share their tag team knowledge, get the teams ready, and maybe be called up if the WWE needs them.

Elijah Burke: I can see him being put in the developmental system for a bit more in-ring practice. I'm not too sure he needs it, but it will probably be better in the long run. Sylvester Terkay and he can work on their chemistry.

Hardcore Holly: A run on the RAW brand would be interesting. He'd be within reach of the IC Title, and maybe a revived tag team with Val Venis. If they folded ECW tomorrow, have him save Venis from a Eugene beat-down, and crack him over the skull with a steel chair, reverting him back to the Nick Dinsmore character.

Jazz: Why the fuck is she not on RAW competing for the Women's Title?

Joey Styles: Have him replace Jim Ross as RAW's play-by-play guy. Also have him work Heat.

Kelly Kelly: Have her work as a valet on the SmackDown! brand.

Kevin Thorn: He can help out Ariel on RAW, and work the mid-card.

Bobby Lashley: He would actually be a real opponent for John Cena. Have he and Cena unify the WWE and ECW Championships.

Little Guido Maritato: Stick him on SmackDown! with Tony Mamaluke. The FBI could really help the tag team scene there.

Matt Striker: Put him line for the United States Championship. Stick him in a stable of sorts with Michelle McCool, Idol Stevens and KC James.

Mike Knox: Some more time in development probably wouldn't be a bad thing, but I can see him teaming with Snitsky, or being given a solid heel role on SmackDown!.

Rebecca DiPietro: Have her sharper her talents full-time in DSW.

Rene Dupree: Stick him with Rob Conway and Sylvain Grenier on RAW, again. They have nothing better to do.

Rob Van Dam: Let him sit out his contract, or have him go to SmackDown! and do something constructive. Both main events are paper-thin, so RVD could help out.

Sabu: I doubt he'll be under contract for too much longer. Maybe a run on SmackDown! before he goes?

The Sandman: I can't see him fitting into the WWE too well, so he'll probably sit out his contract. The occasional appearance just to cane someone would be pretty cool, though.

Shannon Moore: He's the male version of Jazz. Or is Jazz the male version of him? Meh. Why he isn't being used on SmackDown! in the Cruiserweight Division is beyond me.

Stevie Richards: No offence to Stevie, but I think his time wrestling is almost done. He's not likely to do anything meaningful, so maybe allow him to become a manager, or even a trainer in DSW. The WWE is always complaining that things are going to shit down there.

Sylvester Terkay: He arguably needs more work. Send him to OVW or DSW with Elijah Burke, and have them work on teaming together.

Tazz: Have him replace JBL as SmackDown!'s colour commentator. JBL could replace Jerry Lawler on RAW.

Test: Put him in Rated-RKO. He's got enough reason to hate Triple H, I mean, the guy did steal his fiance, and presumingly hasn't done the man too many favours. Test using the Flying Elbow and Big Boot is kind of akin to how Shawn Michaels does the Flying Elbow and Sweet Chin Music. I can see it working.

The Great Khali: Have him continue to be Daivari's muscle, or have him spend his time recovering/training.

Tommy Dreamer: If they keep him, send him down to OVW to help train.

Tony Mamaluke: To SmackDown! as a tag wrestler and cruiserweight.

Trinity: I'm tempted to say stick her on RAW, but on SmackDown! he'd be able to help train the other ladies, and maybe work a match with Jillian Hall, or two. I can see them creating their own seperate Women's Division.