PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Lance Storm Commentary

Champion of Europa
12-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Not as Serious as Usual

December 5, 2006

Never let it be said that I am not a good sport. This past weekend I did something I swore I would never do again. This dreaded occurrence took place on the BSE wrestling show I worked this past Sunday in Toronto. I was wrestling my good friend Christian (although since all of this is his fault, perhaps I should reassess his friendship) and the crowd in attendance that night was in a light hearted mood and cheering ridiculously for just about everything.

I knew strange things were afoot when the crowd started a “Fold your Jacket” chant, which Christian obliged leading to the first ever “This is Awesome” chant for a man folding a jacket. Christian being the natural ham played up to the crowd doing all kinds of absurdity to the joy of the crowd. This was all well and good until Christian decided to remind the crowd that once upon a time I had an ill fated Dancing gimmick. He did a very brief subtle cabbage patch and then pointed at me mouthing, “Didn’t you used to dance?”

The crowd turned their attention to me and started a “Do the Dance” chant. If looks could kill Christian would be a corpse today because I knew at that moment I was going to be stuck doing that God forsaken cabbage patch again or forever turn heel on a group of fans who came out to support this show, and it was all his fault. Words can not describe how much I hated that gimmick and how much I did not want to do that stupid dance again, but in order to be a good sport I swallowed my pride, silently swore to myself to repay Christian for this betrayal, and I cabbage patched one last time.

If that wasn’t silly enough the crowd urged us forward into several 5 second poses and of all things a spinarooni contest. Yes, incase I hadn’t fully embarrassed my self by cabbage patching once again I had to debut the Stormarooni. The shocking thing was my Spinarooni was actually a pretty good one. In a weird coincidence one of my students tried a spinarooni in class last week and after his attempt failed so miserably we ended up spending the last hour of class that day learning spinaroonis, so I was well practiced and prepared for the BSE Spinarooni contest.

After about 15 minutes of what can best be described as, Main Event, Off Beat Shenanigans, we finally settled down and had a match. The match itself went fairly well, albeit a little difficult with both of us being such strong baby faces. The crowd seemed to be into everything we did although admittedly the only “This is Awesome” chant of the night was for the folding of the jacket. The highlight of the match (at least for Christian) was no doubt picking up yet another victory over me and adding to an already lopsided win loss record over me. As I mentioned last week I actually quit the business once after losing to him and perhaps I should again, after this loss.

My back and knee held up very well, but I am still suffering the ill effects of the match some 24hrs after the fact. About 1/3 of the way through the match Christian clotheslined me right in the throat. It was like getting hit with a shovel handle right in the Adam’s apple, which believe me is not a pleasant experience. I’m having an extremely hard time swallowing (or eating) and I am now a complete mute. My voice started getting scratchy right after the match and has progressively gotten worse to the point where I am only capable of a slight whisper. If you happened to hear my brief appearance on Live Audio Wrestling Sunday night you had the pleasure of hearing my wonderful new voice.

Right after the match I was told I sounded almost exactly like Super Dave Osborn, and by the time we finished dinner I was told I was sounding almost exactly like John Laurinitis, head of WWE talent relations. Johnny has a very unique voice and we often jokingly call him Johnny Laryngitis. With my new found, Johnny Laryngitis, voice we actually considered ribbing a bunch of the boys by calling them up and firing them. It’s a shame I’m not a little more mean spirited as firing half the roster would have been a lot of fun. Come to think of it now it could have been a lot of fun to phone a bunch of Indy workers and offer them contracts. Raw Monday would have been swamped with Indy workers and Johnny would have spent the day wondering why all these people insisted he hired them.

All in all it was a great weekend. I want to thank everyone who came out to see the match; you certainly got a once in a life time performance. I also want to thank BSE for treating me so well and putting on such a great show. If you weren’t there Sunday night, be sure to keep your eyes open for the DVD release. You’ll get to see me cabbage patch, do a Spinarooni, and take the stiffest clothesline of my life. If you can’t stiff your friends who can you stiff? Maybe I can convince Abyss or Sting to receipt him for me next Sunday at Turning Point!!

Till next week,
Lance Storm

Blitz
12-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuck I wanted to go to that BSE show :'(

Testicle
12-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Lance Storm fucking rules

Caged Heat18
12-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Lance is the man.

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
12-09-2006, 08:46 PM
LOL at "This is awesome" for folding a jacket

Kane Knight
12-09-2006, 08:50 PM
I didn't know TNA fans travelled to Canadia.

Normal Is Me
12-09-2006, 08:50 PM
You should check out his newest commentary. Apparently that stiff clothesline from Christian broke a bone in his throat.

Destor
12-09-2006, 08:54 PM
A Broken Throat?

December 09, 2006
In my last commentary I talked about my match with Christian for BSE in Toronto, and the fact that I took a stiff clothesline from him during the match. My throat hurt a lot after the match and swallowing and eating was extremely painful. My voice became very scratchy and I could barely talk the day after the match. After a couple days I was starting to feel better and while my voice was not back to normal it was certainly improving. On Thursday I was out with my wife and I coughed and had a sharp pain in my throat and decided maybe I should have this looked at. She called my doctor’s office and got me an appointment for the next day (Friday).

My Doctor sent me for throat X-rays and then surprised the hell out of me by phoning me at home less than an hour later with news that I have a broken bone in my throat. I know a lot of guys who have broken their necks (far too many actually) but I’ve never heard of anyone actually breaking their throat (I doubt Mick Foley has even done this one). He explained to me that there is a small Hyoid bone in your throat just above your Larynx, which supports the tongue, and I have fractured mine, or more accurately Christian has fractured it for me. He said it is very rare, in fact neither he nor the Radiologist that did my X-rays has ever heard of anyone fracturing their Hyoid before. He said he had to look it up to see what should be done and his book of fractures (I assume there is a more technical name for it) didn’t even mention the possibility of breaking your Hyoid. He eventually had to use the medical Internet to look it up and found a little information.

Apparently the first 24 – 72 hrs are the most dangerous and I should have been watched very carefully during that time, which of course I wasn’t. There is the possibility that the bone can dislodge, I guess, or rotate and possibly cut the inside of my throat and lead to all kinds of problems. I slept in a hotel room by myself and then flew home the next day, only worried about how I was going to eat because it hurt to swallow. Had I experienced any difficulties in flight who knows what would have happened? Like a good wrestler I just figured it hurt a lot… so what… life goes on… suck it up.

Thankfully nothing did happen and I’m past the more crucial stag now and I’m waiting to hear back from an ears, nose, and throat guy to find out if anything needs to be done or whether this will just heel on it’s own. Until then I’m on anti-inflammatory and suppose to head directly to the nearest Emergency room if I experience anymore-sharp pain in my throat, or have difficulty breathing.

I’ll be sure to keep you all posted as soon as I learn more, but more likely than not, I’m just going to have a really sore throat and a raspy voice for a while, and before too long I’ll be back to normal.

If you are interested in learning a little more on the Hyoid Bone: Click Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyoid_bone)

Lance

Londoner
12-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Broken throat cause of Christian? lol, Christians taking this heel role a bit far eh?

6to1
12-09-2006, 09:34 PM
well we see cages next fued, time for lance to get back at him.

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Lance Storm is the fucking man, and "This is awesome!" for holding a jacket? Best...crowd...ever. :lol:

Lock Jaw
12-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Reminds me of the fans chanting "This is Awesome" at Joe/Angle when they were dramatically circling each other at the beginning of the match and hadn't actually done anything yet.

Only, the jacket is worse. Maybe the warm climate affects the fans down in Florida... and the cold climate affects those in Canada.

Kane Knight
12-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Broken throat cause of Christian? lol, Christians taking this heel role a bit far eh?

At least he didn't low blow the jacket, turning on it...

Lock Jaw
12-09-2006, 11:46 PM
At least he didn't low blow the jacket, turning on it...

Naw, he has to build up a friendship with the jacket first. Then when the jacket least expects it... SWERVE!

Shadow
12-10-2006, 12:50 AM
Damn...Lance Storm's tough.

Corkscrewed
12-10-2006, 07:58 AM
lmao

well, glad Lance is all right. He is one awesome dude.

Kane Knight
12-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Naw, he has to build up a friendship with the jacket first. Then when the jacket least expects it... SWERVE!

Sadly, when TNA gets ahold of this idea, they'll have Cage job to the jacket, only for the JAcket to job to Jarreett for the title...

Kane Knight
12-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Lockjaw's got 666 posts, BTW.

Avenger
12-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Lance Storm uses Wikipedia