PDA

View Full Version : TNA Actively Pursuing A Deal With Hulk Hogan

D Mac
12-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Source: PWInsider.com

Yesterday on his Bubba The Love Sponge radio show, Bubba claimed that Kurt Angle and Hulk Hogan have told him that Dixie Carter and TNA wrestling is actively pursing a deal with the Hulkster. While details are still sketchy, apparently TNA wants to bring in Hogan as a booker and a wrestler to work big shows.

This should not be taken very seriously right now as this could be a way for Hogan to force WWE to offer him more money.

Oh God please NOOOOOO!

Xero
12-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Hogan: WELL LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN' KURT! YOU AIN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN GET A MILLION-DOLLAR CONTRACT OUT OF THIS COMPANY!

Sting: Uh...

Hogan: OMFG YOU'RE HERE!?

KingofOldSchool
12-09-2006, 06:08 PM
Hogan: WELL LET ME TELL YA SOMETHIN' KURT! YOU AIN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN GET A MILLION-DOLLAR CONTRACT OUT OF THIS COMPANY!

Sting: Uh...

Hogan: OMFG YOU'RE HERE!?

Nash: Hey Hulk, forget about me?

Hogan: Oh shit...

Destor
12-09-2006, 06:09 PM
:lol: I read this but I thought it was total bullshit so I didn't post it. Don't worry I'd say.

Blitz
12-09-2006, 06:10 PM
The only thing worse than Hulk wrestling in TNA would be Hulk booking TNA.

MLW
12-09-2006, 06:12 PM
This should not be taken very seriously right now as this could be a way for Hogan to force WWE to offer him more money.

I sekund that...he just want more money out of wwe!

Xero
12-09-2006, 06:16 PM
The only thing worse than Hulk wrestling in TNA would be Hulk booking TNA.
You know what would be worse than that? Hogan wrestling AND booking in Ring of Honor.

Blitz
12-09-2006, 06:17 PM
lol that would lead to hilarity.

Kane Knight
12-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Can entire companies have learning disabilities?

Testicle
12-09-2006, 06:18 PM
just what TNA needs another 50 year old wrestler, lets just forget about shelly, starr, styles, daniels and have grandparents take the main event spots

Xero
12-09-2006, 06:20 PM
just what TNA needs another 50 year old wrestler, lets just forget about shelly, starr, styles, daniels and have grandparents take the main event spots
That's why TNA is morphing, very slowly, into WCW 3.0.

Lock Jaw
12-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Hulk booking TNA: "Hey, brother, how about we have me beat that Samoa Joe fella, brother?"

KingofOldSchool
12-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Hulk booking TNA: "Hey, brother, how about we have me beat that Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle in the same match, brother?"

Kane Knight
12-09-2006, 07:18 PM
That's why TNA is morphing, very slowly, into WCW 3.0.

More like WCW 0.3...That's what their ratings are going to end up.

Caged Heat18
12-09-2006, 07:21 PM
This would just give me another reason not to watch Impact.

The One
12-09-2006, 08:25 PM
This isn't the first time Hogan has talked with TNA...infact they even came to an agreement, and Jarrett and he began a program (it started in Japan) and then Hogan backed out. I'm not worried.

Besides, Nash can finger poke the shit out of him in TNA.

Skippord
12-09-2006, 08:31 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mr. Nerfect
12-09-2006, 09:30 PM
I think this is a good move. If Hogan does go to TNA, they can have Samoa Joe stiff the crap out of him in one of their matches (which would be pretty funny to see), and it makes them seem like a more credible promotion. Like it or not, Hogan is a star.

If Hogan is using this to get more money from the WWE, which is more likely, it'll make the WWE even more awful, making TNA look great in comparison. :p

Why they'd let Hogan have the book is beyond me, though. :-\

D Mac
12-09-2006, 09:53 PM
So what's the deal with the TNA 50 greatest moments DVD? It said Hogan was in it.

Blitz
12-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Like Tovo said, Hogan was scheduled to work for TNA at one time. They shot an angle of Jarrett hitting Hogan with a guitar at a japanese press conference to set his coming in (which was shown on TV). But it feel through and Hogan never came in. So that segment is prolly on the DVD.

McLegend
12-09-2006, 09:56 PM
This isn't the first time Hogan has talked with TNA...infact they even came to an agreement, and Jarrett and he began a program (it started in Japan) and then Hogan backed out. I'm not worried.

Besides, Nash can finger poke the shit out of him in TNA.
lol TNa shows that video all the time.

That video being Jarrett hitting Hogan with the guitar.

Dave Youell
12-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Yeah he's crap, but to a mark, he;s a draw. Terrible idea if it's for the long run, for a 6 month contract, I'd say do it as long as your investments are protected (i.e Joe/Angle)

Kane Knight
12-10-2006, 10:33 AM
To a mark he's a draw? From my understanding, his last couple of runs in WWE would disprove that.

Xero
12-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Yeah he's crap, but to a mark, he;s a draw. Terrible idea if it's for the long run, for a 6 month contract, I'd say do it as long as your investments are protected (i.e Joe/Angle)
In all honesty, what's he going to do in six months that would last after he left? If anything, any run of his will hurt them. Anyone tuning into TNA for Hogan is ONLY there for Hogan. After that, do you think they'll stay around? Seriously doubtful.

At best, he'd give a boost to the ratings while he's there plus a week or so after he leaves.

Gulak
12-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Not even. I'm starting to think it doesn't matter which big name they manage to obtain they'll stay slumping at the .8-1.0 range for about 6 or 7 months at the least. They need to work on their consistency and get their 2nd hour first.

Crippla
12-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Yeah don't think it will happen anyway but TNA is just desperate to sign any somewhat big name they can.

Kane Knight
12-10-2006, 11:08 AM
In all honesty, what's he going to do in six months that would last after he left? If anything, any run of his will hurt them. Anyone tuning into TNA for Hogan is ONLY there for Hogan. After that, do you think they'll stay around? Seriously doubtful.

At best, he'd give a boost to the ratings while he's there plus a week or so after he leaves.

What, you mean people who watch Hogan don't want to see little guys doing backflips?

Kane Knight
12-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Not even. I'm starting to think it doesn't matter which big name they manage to obtain they'll stay slumping at the .8-1.0 range for about 6 or 7 months at the least. They need to work on their consistency and get their 2nd hour first.

They need to work on the one thing Vicne doesn't: What people want. People don't want an alternative to WWE, they want GOOD WRESTLING. Right now, TNA's the former, and as long as they are, they're going to keep pulling low ratings, because most people, given a choice between bad wrestling and alternative bad wrestling, will simply not watch.

Savio
12-10-2006, 11:27 AM
I honestly think Hogan would draw as much as footage from a hate crime would.

Xero
12-10-2006, 12:00 PM
I honestly think Hogan would draw as much as footage from a hate crime would.
So he'd draw a minority?

Pepsi Man
12-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Yeah don't think it will happen anyway but TNA is just desperate to sign any somewhat big name they can.
lmao @ calling Hulk Hogan a "somewhat big name".

Kane Knight
12-10-2006, 12:15 PM
So he'd draw a minority and two cops with stun guns??

Kane Knight
12-10-2006, 12:16 PM
So he'd draw a minority and an angry Mel Gibson??

Kane Knight
12-10-2006, 12:17 PM
So he'd draw a minority and Kramer with a fork??

Crippla
12-10-2006, 02:34 PM
lmao @ calling Hulk Hogan a "somewhat big name".
I wasn't calling Hogan a somewhat big name but they would sign anyone else who was slightly famous not even just names like Hogan, etc.

The Genius
12-10-2006, 02:50 PM
didnt TNA struggle to get the money to sign sting? how could they afford the asking price for hogan?

darkpower
12-10-2006, 04:58 PM
If they don't give him the same thing WWE gave him (creative control), then things will work differently, I think. TNA probably cound try something with him to draw. But give him creative control (which he will try to get them to give him), and it'll be all over.

Xero
12-10-2006, 05:27 PM
If they don't give him the same thing WWE gave him (creative control), then things will work differently, I think. TNA probably cound try something with him to draw. But give him creative control (which he will try to get them to give him), and it'll be all over.
Try? At this point in his career (okay, fine, all the way back to 93 or so, but let's not get technical) creative control is a requirement. If he doesn't get that you ain't gonna get the Hulkster, brother.

Kane Knight
12-10-2006, 05:40 PM

That's like saying, "If I can fuck this Kodiak Bear in the ass with no lube and live...."

Xero
12-10-2006, 05:45 PM
That's like saying, "If I can fuck Lita without a lead condom and live past three months...."

Savio
12-10-2006, 06:57 PM
That's like saying, "If I can live in litas vagina and drink semen in the morning...."

hitman23
12-11-2006, 02:22 AM
hogan is just trying to get a spot at mania by putting this bs out. that would be a huge mistake for tna to bring in the ultimate cancer. if i ever see joe job to hogan i will NEVER

Destor
12-11-2006, 02:23 AM
Never...?

hitman23
12-11-2006, 02:23 AM
hogan is just trying to get a spot at mania by putting this bs out. that would be a huge mistake for tna to bring in the ultimate cancer. if i ever see joe job to hogan i will NEVER watch wrestling again

Destor
12-11-2006, 02:24 AM
Oh.

Impact!
12-11-2006, 03:11 AM
rofl

TerranRich
12-11-2006, 10:31 AM
E-E-E-E-EVER!!!

Xero
12-11-2006, 10:34 AM
hogan is just trying to get a spot at mania by putting this bs out. that would be a huge mistake for tna to bring in the ultimate cancer. if i ever see joe job to hogan i will NEVER watch wrestling again
Until the next week, anyway.

FourFifty
12-11-2006, 12:36 PM
So he'd draw a minority?

BROOKLYN! BROOKLYN!

TerranRich
12-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Yo yo yo! Push down the lower talent and install that glass ceiling! It's Hylk Hygan!

M-A-G
12-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Hope they don't have couches in the Orlando Studios.

M-A-G
12-11-2006, 04:56 PM
That's like saying, "If I can fuck this Kodiak Bear in the ass with no lube and live...."

Some experience perhaps, KK? ;)

hb2k
12-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Never happening in a million years - just Hogan playing games.

TerranRich
12-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Hogan, you TEASE!

Kane Knight
12-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Some experience perhaps, KK? ;)

Yes, and that's why you should all fear me. Anyone who can assrape a Kodiak...;)

Volare
12-12-2006, 12:26 PM
The way I see it Steve Austin (or when he did it it was "Bongo") came up with the idea of the perfect match that TNA can use

Bottle of Geritol on a Pole Match Sting vs Hogan

M-A-G
12-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Hogan, you TEASE!

It doesn't shock me. Remember the XWF? And never mind how he would try to shank more money off of WCW by yanking them around.

The One
12-12-2006, 06:53 PM
I don't understand TNA. They brought in Sting, ratings passed the 1.0 rating a couple of times and then settled right back down at 0.8 or so. They bring in Kurt Angle, the ratings stick around 0.9. They move to Prime Time, they stick around 0.9. Why do they think Hogan is going to bring in more viewers? Hogan doesn't bring in more viewers when he goes to WWE. I simply don't understand their logic.

That being said, it ain't gonna happen.

Arnold HamNegger
12-12-2006, 06:59 PM
If I tune into Impact and have to listen to Don West pimp out Brooke Hogan's next video, I will blow up all of Orlando!

The One
12-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Don West might very well be one of the top ten worst things in wrestling today.

Crippla
12-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Def the worst announcer.

Arnold HamNegger
12-12-2006, 07:08 PM

Damn straight.

TerranRich
12-12-2006, 08:30 PM
THAT'S SO BIZAAARRREREAAAHAGHAGGAGHAFHGfggghgg..... *gasp*

Breathe, Don West. Breathe.

Dorkchop
12-12-2006, 08:58 PM

YES!

Kane Knight
12-12-2006, 10:33 PM
I don't understand TNA. They brought in Sting, ratings passed the 1.0 rating a couple of times and then settled right back down at 0.8 or so. They bring in Kurt Angle, the ratings stick around 0.9. They move to Prime Time, they stick around 0.9. Why do they think Hogan is going to bring in more viewers? Hogan doesn't bring in more viewers when he goes to WWE. I simply don't understand their logic.

That being said, it ain't gonna happen.

Well, Hogan's a big fish in a small pond. I can understand that.

What I don't understand is why they wouldn't book their show to be, you know...Appealing. That's why Sting and Angle didn't make a dent.

tucsonspeed6
12-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Can entire companies have learning disabilities?
Can entire industries have learning disabilities? How can Hogan continue to wrestle in this industry?

Another note: WCW was a company with more money than they knew what to do with, but the worst booking possible.

ECW was a company with the best booking possible but no where near the amount of money to make them big time.

TNA is trying to be the worst of both companies: A shitty show booked by a crack team of chimps that is about to go bankrupt because they can't afford the wrestlers they're signing. The only thing that could make them worse is if their fanbase was a group of fanboys who like their chants absurd and feuding, their wrestlers with chips on their shoulders, and every match in a cage.:shifty: