PDA

View Full Version : Writing an Essay about why Pete Rose shouldn't be allowed in the baseball HallofFame

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-15-2004, 11:00 AM
I think he should be allowed, but I think I can make a much better case (for essay purposes atleast) of why he shouldn't be allowed.

So hook me up with some shit about why he shouldn't be allowed into the Hall

Loose Cannon
02-15-2004, 11:25 AM
My biggest reason on why he shouldn't be aloud is the fact the Joe Jackson of the 1919 Sox wasn't/ isn't aloud in eventhough he never took part in the World Series Fix. Jackson did nothing wrong except he knew what was going on. He never bet on the games, he played all out, just look at his stats for the series, and I don't think he never took any money. If Pete Rose is aloud back in, then the more deserving player, Joe Jackson should be aloud in.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Yeah I wrote about the Black Sox scandal(mentioned alittle of it in the 1st paragraph) but i didnt know about that Jackson thing, I just figured he was in on the deal too

thanks

Loose Cannon
02-15-2004, 12:24 PM
I'll give you a lot more specific info on the Black Sox thing and specifically on Jackson's involvement in you want it.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-15-2004, 12:39 PM
I dunno, I don't really want to get too sidetracked on the Black Sox thing.

Too bad I cant write an essay about that :-\ haha

The Icon of Elisim
02-15-2004, 02:21 PM
-edit- thought you asked why he should be in there

YOUR Hero
02-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Has he formally apologized or has he just admitted it?... If he hasn't, then I'd say that would be a real good reason

#1-norm-fan
02-15-2004, 11:25 PM
I don't see why the Joe Jackson situation should be a reason that Rose shouldn't get in. They both should be in. It's not Pete's fault that MLB has made stupid decisions in the past.

BCWWF
02-16-2004, 01:37 AM
It's Pete's fault that he gambled in the first place and then lied about it for so many years.

Excellance of Execution
02-16-2004, 08:35 AM
It's hard for me to come up with a reason why he shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame. If they could prove he bet on his own team, then i would say he shouldn't be allowed in, but they haven't done that. If you look at the womanizers, alchoholics and racists in the Hall already, then there is no reason why he shouldn't be allowed in.

Mikey
02-16-2004, 09:29 AM
It's Pete's fault that he gambled in the first place and then lied about it for so many years.

Rob
02-16-2004, 01:59 PM
Did Pete Rose actually gamble on his own teams to lose? If he didn't then there shouldn't be any reason to kick him out. Tons of footballers here have bet on other teams even though it's "against the rules" but nobody really thinks anything of it unless it's your own team.

Loose Cannon
02-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Did Pete Rose actually gamble on his own teams to lose? If he didn't then there shouldn't be any reason to kick him out. Tons of footballers here have bet on other teams even though it's "against the rules" but nobody really thinks anything of it unless it's your own team.

Yeah, he bet on the team he was managing.

Rob
02-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Hall of Shame for him then

BCWWF
02-16-2004, 04:45 PM
IMO they should allow his statistics and whatnot into the hall of fame, but not neccessarily let him be allowed back in baseball, if that works?