PDA

View Full Version : RAW is so close to having a good Tag division now. OPEN YOUR EYES WWE!!!

Arnold HamNegger
12-13-2006, 04:30 PM
I don't understand why they brought back The Hardy's and MNM for only one night at DTD. (Not counting the following RAW I guess.) With the reformation of TWGTT, don't they see how close they are to having the best tag division in recent memory?

Champs: Rated RKO

Contenders:
DX
The Hardy's
MNM
TWGTT
The Highlanders
Kade & Murdoch

Get the IC belt off Hardy and let Carlito, Kenny, Masters, Eugene, etc. develop some programs to feud over the IC belt. I'd like to see a Kenny/Carlito feud with Carlito the champ and Kenny trying to win gold to impress Orton/Edge.

Just seems that the potential for some kickass matches and feuds exist with the above mentioned Tag Division. I mean for christ sakes, Cena isn't gonna lose the belt anytime soon...so let's bring meaning back to the Tag Division and some athletic, exciting matches to RAW.

I :drool: over the thought of Rated RKO/Hardy's/MNM/TWGTT in a ladder match for the Tag Team Belts. Why is WWE so fucking blind????

Destor
12-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Where's Cryme Tyme?

Arnold HamNegger
12-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Where's Cryme Tyme?

They stole my keyboard before I could add them to the list.

:shifty:

KingofOldSchool
12-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah and on Smackdown they've got...

London/Kendrick
Regal/Taylor
Idol/Stevens (well not right now)

Uhhhh...Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki...ummm.....Finlay and Little Bastard....ummmm...hey I heard the Untouchables might be getting called up so.

The One
12-13-2006, 04:47 PM
They really should make just one Tag Division and make it exclusive to RAW, like Cruiserweights are to SmackDown.

Arnold HamNegger
12-13-2006, 04:57 PM
They really should make just one Tag Division and make it exclusive to RAW, like Cruiserweights are to SmackDown.

Agreed. :y:

Replace DX with Cryme Tyme, (It's only a matter of time til HHH get's in the Heavyweight Title mix again) add Smackdown's tag teams...uhh...I guess just London/Kendrick to the list and that's pretty damn solid.

That leaves 2 hours of Smackdown pretty hard to fill though.

Gertner
12-13-2006, 05:13 PM
i wish cade and murdoch had another run at the belts

The One
12-13-2006, 05:14 PM
I take it I am the only one who thought Cade & Murdoch were annoying, usless, and complete a waste of time.

Caged Heat18
12-13-2006, 05:16 PM
I'd like for them to just have tag team's exclusive to one show. But if not they should be able to have two solid divisions on Raw and Smackdown. Smackdown has been getting better in the last few months, but now seems to have not much of na division, but atleast Raw is getting one, and it could be quite good.

Caged Heat18
12-13-2006, 05:16 PM
i wish cade and murdoch had another run at the belts

I agree. They deserve one, as their first run was awful and than they split up.

M-A-G
12-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Never mind the fact that a lot of wrestlers don't really want to be part of a tag team.

Avenger
12-13-2006, 05:25 PM
MNM and the Hardyz do not constitute as RAW tag teams considering they AREN'T. Looks like Mercury will more than likely end up on SmackDown! or more likely ECW.

Dorkchop
12-13-2006, 05:49 PM
I take it I am the only one who thought Cade & Murdoch were annoying, usless, and complete a waste of time.

I kind of agree. I like Murdoch, but find Cade boring and generic. Not to say that he's a bad wrestler, just nothing stands out with him, and I can do without him. Murdoch isn't anything too special, but he can work like a good classic heel. I saw him in a house show a couple of years ago before he was on Raw, and actually enjoyed him. But the tag team isn't anything special.

Arnold HamNegger
12-13-2006, 05:55 PM
MNM and the Hardyz do not constitute as RAW tag teams considering they AREN'T. Looks like Mercury will more than likely end up on SmackDown! or more likely ECW.

That was my whole point, they aren't...but could/should be. What good does it do sending Mercury to Smackdown/ECW and Matt Hardy back to Smackdown only to be burryied in obscurity? I mean, what was the conversation like in that WWE creative meeting before DTD?

Jackass #1- "Well, Joey's back from rehab."

Jackass #2- "Great, let's get MNM back together and put them on Raw. That'll strengthen the Tag Division."

Jackass #1- "While we're at it, why not bring the Hardy's back as well?"

Jackass #2- "Hey, that's a great idea. What do you think Vince?"

Vince- "What do I think? I think you're lucky that YOU'RE NOT FIRED!!!! I don't pay you to come up with great ideas! What we're gonna do BROTHER is put them together for ONE NIGHT ONLY with no explanation or reason for fans to care on the ECW PPV...then bring them back on the next Raw FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY. We're gonna ignore the ass beating that Nitro handed Mercury on Smackdown last time MNM existed...continuity can kiss my ass! Fans don't tune into Raw or buy tickets to see the Tag Belts mean anything or ever be involved in matches, so why would I put two of the most exciting tag teams we've had on Raw? People wanna see Cena stomp hats and break cigars! And so help me God if I see anything even RESEMBLING a Tag Division on Raw, I'll fuck your asses after I fire it! NOW KISS MY ASS!!!!"

Gertner
12-13-2006, 05:57 PM
i know nobody watches Heat but go check out one of their Cad/ Murdoch vs Higlanders match.

They probably work better than any other tag team in the WWE besides the WGTT

M-A-G
12-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Arnold....I love you, man....

Skippord
12-13-2006, 11:09 PM
I did.

Cade's alright but I'm consistantly bored by Murdoch

Blitz
12-14-2006, 03:00 AM
I did.

Cade's alright but I'm consistantly bored by Murdoch
My view more or less. Cade not very good right now, but I think he could be. Murdoch can fall off a cliff for all I care.

Vastardikai
12-14-2006, 03:31 AM
Unfortunately, that's the thing with the IWC: they sometimes don't take overall personality into account.

Cade is a good worker, I'll give him that. The problem is he just recently quit looking like a Goof Wearing a Cowboy Hat. Murdoch was the one who always had my attention, because he was different. He isn't the kind of guy who gets over because he's a charismatic heel. He's the Old School Roughneck Heel, kind of like Dick Murdoch (Trevor's name is a reference to him), Dick Slater, and the like. He'll never be a top guy, but a good use for him would be the Top Guy's Goon. Seriously, when Cade and Murdoch were helping Edge during that one cage match, I couldn't help but think "Why weren't they doing this month's ago?" It would have accomplished a couple things: A. been better than being the second batch of DX jobbers, B. Actually would have offerred some different matches to help build up Cena/Edge, as Edge could have had a mini-feud with a second teir performer (who comes close, but doesn't really have a shot). Cena could, instead of bulldozing Edge week after week, face Cade one week, Murdoch the next, getting double-teamed in the aftermath each time. Oh yeah, Raw is written by Gerwitz, Big Dick Johnson, and a bunch of Spongebob rejects, not people who have any idea of good feud build up.

If Cade discovers he has some kind of out of this world potential, he could become the Hitman to Murdoch's Anvil. Yes, I know I'm going to hell for comparing Cade/Murdoch to the Hart Foundation, but there are similarities.

Volare
12-14-2006, 07:43 AM
Cade's alright but I'm consistantly bored by A Big Bottle Of Milk

Jeritron
12-14-2006, 08:16 AM
I hate Cade and Murdoch. And the teams you named are hardly a tag division.
The Hardys- They're pushing Jeff on Raw. Matt has a lesser but existent singles career on SD! They're not a tag team anymore.

MNM- Johnny Nirtos getting pushed as a singles star

RKO and DX - These arent tag teams they're superstar pairings. They're main eventers who happen to be tagging, they'll go back to main eventing soon.

WGTT- I'll give you that one. Great team, sucks for Shelton though.

the tag division sucks just as bad as it did a couple months ago.

tucsonspeed6
12-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Assuming WWE did in fact assemble those tag teams and wanted to revitalize the tag division, we could safely say that DX wouldn't be involved in the division. As for the others: MNM, TWGTT, kade/Murdoch, and the Highlanders would all be cannon fodder for the Hardys. Matt and Jeff would get the belts upon the first PPV after their assembly, (which would be NYR) and we'd see one actual divion tag match per month as the Hardys would squash their next competitors time and time again. As for Cryme Time, they'd be taken out of the ring completely and would spend every Raw stealing stuff in more and more stupid skits. And that would probably be the best that WWE could come up with. Let's just be glad they don't care about the tag division right now.

Jeritron
12-14-2006, 09:30 AM
The tag division is a mess but its hardly a major concern for WWE, nor should it be.
If you ask me, they have to get their goddamn midcard and main event in order first.
Theres been peaks and valleys of tag team wrestling in WWE before, the division was really weak for a long time in the mid to late 90s and then all of a sudden.....NAO, Hardys, E+C, Dudleys, Acolytes, Too Cool, etc.
Shit happens, I'm sure it will reassemble itself with new teams if they just book right and push new TEAMS and not just star pair ups.

Impeccable
12-14-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm not a fan of Cade and Murdoch. I've always wondered why Murdoch and Dustin Rhodes (Goldust) were never paired, as their fathers (Dick Murdock and Dusty Rhodes) used to team regularly as the Texas Outlaws.

The potential is there. On his own, Nitro is boring. Can't talk, and neither can Melina. As a tag team, MNM are verging on entertaining. Matt Hardy is doing nothing at the moment, and Jeff seems to have been gifted the intercontinental title, when in fact it would probably be better contested between Carlito and Masters with their feud.

I love tag team wrestling, but I KNOW wwe will fuck this up...BIG TIME. I'll give it two weeks before the next Val venis/Random partner tag team shows up "making waves".

addy2hotty
12-14-2006, 12:20 PM
The 2 month reintroduction of TWGTT to be fed to TWBTT is not tantamount to a good tag division on Raw.

On your list, you include 2 'tag teams' of 4 main event guys that are not going to be wrestling Cade & Murdoch or Kendrick & London from a tag division perspective ever. MNM appear to be done again, and the Hardy's, well as usual Matt Hardy has been left in a drawer somewhere. The Highlanders are a jobber tag team with a gimmick.

The Tag division is dead on Raw, even if they did assemble those teams and convince Orton/Edge/Michaels/Trips to (in their minds) take a step back 5 years in their careers, no-one would care anyway.

In my mind, the Raw tag situation was defined by Chris Masters came out with Viscera. Baby Jesus cried, Val Venis returned to his enforced masturbation and Eugene rolled around in his own muck.

Arnold HamNegger
12-14-2006, 03:52 PM
The Tag division is dead on Raw, even if they did assemble those teams and convince Orton/Edge/Michaels/Trips to (in their minds) take a step back 5 years in their careers, no-one would care anyway.

Well, agreed...those 4 mentioned are not gonna be in the Tag scene long term, but what they could do with the right booking is make the Tag belts/division mean something again and at the right time, put over tag teams on the roster. (For example, why not put the emphasis of the Feud with DX/Rated RKO over the Tag Belts right now? They don't even MENTION the gold, it's an after thought...yet the fans are supposed to care?) I mean, Cryme Tyme or another tag team winning the Tag Belts CLEANLY from DX or Rated RKO would give them more respect in the eyes of the fans possibly than whatever mess the WWE has planned in the future. That would thus give desention to DX or Rated RKO to break up and return to the singles scene, chasing Cena. I don't feel that losing the Tag Belts would deminish any of those 4 in the eyes of the fans regarding their single's wrestling status.

To me, possibly watching the Hardy's vs. MNM or TWGTT in a revolving feud is more entertaining than anything I've seen in the Tag Division in a long time. Give the Tag Division some stability with it's teams, not just random pairings (some of you have mentioned this already). That is bullshit and just keeps the fans disinterested until you have some random novility act...Flair/Piper for example winning the belts, but that is paper thin interest at best and just a short term fix.

Maybe Tag Team wrestling in it's truest form is dead and will never be resurected, because the days of wrestlers willing to be paired up for long periods of time is over.

addy2hotty
12-14-2006, 05:17 PM
The joke is, I don't even think the match at NYR is for the titles. It would have been sooooooo easy to incorporate the titles into the feud. In one of the segments, Edge & Whoreton could have said 'you two havent even held the tag titles as a team, so how can you claim to be the best team of all-time?'.

Have DX say some shit like 'you beat down Flair, who we're close to, we're gonna take the only things you are close to, apart from each other, the tag titles'.

But the problem is systemic with all titles in the WWE nowadays, none of them mean shit. As someone said in another thread, they are just meaningless props. It seems to me, that no wrestler could give a shit whether or not they were champion.

Think hard, when is the last time any wrestler said 'I want your WWE title!', the last person I can think of is Christian.

Arnold HamNegger
12-14-2006, 06:58 PM
The joke is, I don't even think the match at NYR is for the titles. It would have been sooooooo easy to incorporate the titles into the feud. In one of the segments, Edge & Whoreton could have said 'you two havent even held the tag titles as a team, so how can you claim to be the best team of all-time?'.

Have DX say some shit like 'you beat down Flair, who we're close to, we're gonna take the only things you are close to, apart from each other, the tag titles'.

Yeah, this would have worked. Why can't anyone in a paid position figure this shit out?

What I would LOVE to see but sadly never will is for DX to win the WWE Tag Titles, only to have them stolen by Cryme Tyme. When confronted by DX, Cryme Tyme admits to stealing them, but say that they sold them to "two over the hill losers that kind of reminded them of HHH and HBK." Then at the next TNA PPV, VKM would come out to the ring wearing the WWE Tag Team Belts and add more feul to the Million Dollar Challenge...which of course would be revealed on the TitanTron during Raw by Cryme Tyme while DX fumes in the ring.

Cryme Tyme at the top of the ramp holding an open brief case of cash would state, "Let's just say they had to come up with ANOTHER million for the challenge!"

M-A-G
12-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah, this would have worked. Why can't anyone in a paid position figure this shit out?

What I would LOVE to see but sadly never will is for DX to win the WWE Tag Titles, only to have them stolen by Cryme Tyme. When confronted by DX, Cryme Tyme admits to stealing them, but say that they sold them to "two over the hill losers that kind of reminded them of HHH and HBK." Then at the next TNA PPV, VKM would come out to the ring wearing the WWE Tag Team Belts and add more feul to the Million Dollar Challenge...which of course would be revealed on the TitanTron during Raw by Cryme Tyme while DX fumes in the ring.

Cryme Tyme at the top of the ramp holding an open brief case of cash would state, "Let's just say they had to come up with ANOTHER million for the challenge!"

That'd be good if there weren't so many possible lawsuits that could emerge.

XXXCMPunkXXX
12-15-2006, 01:36 AM
I'm not a fan of Cade and Murdoch. I've always wondered why Murdoch and Dustin Rhodes (Goldust) were never paired, as their fathers (Dick Murdock and Dusty Rhodes) used to team regularly as the Texas Outlaws.

Trevor Murdoch is not Dick Murdoch's son, if it were true WWE would have mentioned it on TV about 50 million times by now

Impeccable
12-15-2006, 02:46 AM
Trevor Murdoch is not Dick Murdoch's son, if it were true WWE would have mentioned it on TV about 50 million times by now

Ah, my mistake.

But JR has mentioned a relationship to Dick Murdoch in the past, of this I am sure.