PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guess what?

McLegend
12-16-2006, 08:09 PM
ECW is on scifi right now

The One
12-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Really? Oh yeah...I'm watch a replay of Ultimate Fight Night...which I have already seen...probably won't switch either. :-p

Londoner
12-16-2006, 08:11 PM
So?

McLegend
12-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I came in like 10 mintues into the TEst/RVd match.

It seemed like it was a good match

McLegend
12-16-2006, 08:12 PM
So?
I was infoming the people of TPWW

Crippla
12-16-2006, 08:15 PM
How long have they been showing replays of ECW on Saturday?

McLegend
12-16-2006, 08:16 PM
it's not a replay. It's a new show.

Crippla
12-16-2006, 08:17 PM
How come I was unaware of this? I haven't watched ECW in 2 weeks so I guess I should keep up.

The One
12-16-2006, 08:23 PM
ECW got bumped from Tuesday to Saturday this week. Sci-Fi wanted to air a special in ECW's place...something that might...you know...draw ratings.

Fignuts
12-16-2006, 08:24 PM
You know what would really draw ratings?

Not sucking.

McLegend
12-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Why does WWE keep pushing Bob Holly, TOVO?

Rammsteinmad
12-16-2006, 08:30 PM
LOL. Remember when Hardcore Holly was in a main event program with Brock Lesnar? :nono:

McLegend
12-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Yeah then he got dropped on his head. That was great.

The One
12-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Why does WWE keep pushing Bob Holly, TOVO?
He has friend's in high places, McMahon likes him, he has big muscles, he's been around for a long time (most importantly, he was around during the Attitude Era), and despite a piss poor attitude towards his peers, he has no problem kissing the right asses.

Having said that, I personally have enjoyed most of Holly's career post-Sparkplug. But yeah, it's stupid to continue to push him, he's not over, he is literally a black hole of charisma, and has been given more (and IMO bigger) pushes to the top than Billy Gunn.

Crippla
12-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Nah, he means when Holly came back after that and fueded with Lesnar.

McLegend
12-16-2006, 08:33 PM
He has friend's in high places, McMahon likes him, he has big muscles, he's been around for a long time (most importantly, he was around during the Attitude Era), and despite a piss poor attitude towards his peers, he has no problem kissing the right asses.

Having said that, I personally have enjoyed most of Holly's career post-Sparkplug. But yeah, it's stupid to continue to push him, he's not over, he is literally a black hole of charisma, and has been given more (and IMO bigger) pushes to the top than Billy Gunn.

More pushes then Billy Gunn? Let's not go that far.

Holly is terrible, and this is coming from a guy who usually doesn't like to say wrestlers are terrible

The One
12-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Billy Gunn had two pushes to be a main eventer. Two. He had one push to try and solidify his place as an Upper Mid Carder.

Hardcore Holly was made to look like he could beat Brock Lesnar for the WWE Title, he was brought in as one of the focal points of ECW after Kurt left, and has been given god only knows how many vain attempts to make him a solid upper midcarder.

You ask my opinion, and I tell you...other than KotR '99 and a very breif fued with The Rock...what other time has WWE tried to push Billy Gunn as a Main Eventer?

McLegend
12-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Rock A billy, DX, The gay thing, The One, and I know there is others.

I do love your opinion TOVO :y:

The One
12-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Now I admit, Billy fell short on his big push (The KotR'99 through SummerSlam 99) and then fell short of solidifying himself as an Upper Midcarder with The One, but let's be fair. He played his part in DX both times (the first time being second fiddle to Hunter, who had just finished playing second fiddle to Michaels), and did it up to standards. Him and Chuck was a complete joke that was meant for Velocity and between the two of them and the fan reaction, it became bigger than projected. Rock-A-Billy was just terrible and if you consider that a push, you need your head examined.

I have no problem admiting that Billy fell when he WAS pushed, but I don't like hearing people say he has received more pushes than anyone else. He really hasn't. He has been for the most part a solid mid card worker all his life...

McLegend
12-16-2006, 08:54 PM
You will never hear me say Billy Gunn isn't a solid Worker.

But c'mon Rock-A-Billy was a huge push

addy2hotty
12-16-2006, 09:03 PM
I was quite surprised that after KotR 99, that Monty never made it big. I remember he was put in the middle of a terrible terrible feud over the rights to the DX name at one point, and then despite being a heel, he challenged Trips for the title in a 'one night as a face only' type scenario. Shame, as he had that look of intensity about him that most of the so called big names these days seem to lack.

I also remember marking out like hell when he came back to be interviewed by Mick Foley over the Austin run over incident, and upon seeing his increase in size thinking 'woah, he's gonna make it big this time'.

It's one of those mysteries why he never quite made it.

The One
12-16-2006, 09:16 PM
Are you kidding me? No let's review...

The Smoking Gunns - Billy did a fine job of being Bart's brother. The two were about as over as you could expect a cowboy gimmicked tag team in the mid 90s to be...(Gimmick/pushed as a team got them over)

Rock-A-Billy - Was NOT a push. Was a joke, and thankfully it died quick enough. (If anything, it was an anti-Push)

New Age outlaws - Was premiered on SHOTGUN Saturday Night. Based soley on the charisma the two shared and the work they did, they got over as one of the most popular tag team in wrestling history. (Got over on their own...and slightly used South Park to help)

DX - Played the Tag Team to Hunter's Euro/IC level and then X-Pac as well. Was a quality member of DX. (Stayed about as over as they were when it was just NAO)

Mr. Ass - Became King of the Ring and was pushed as a heel. Well this is during the attitude era were if you were going to be a heel you had damn sure better be good on the mic, especially in the main event scene. He was pushed, but his lack of mic skill made him fall. Also please note, while he is being pushed to be a Main event heel, fellow DXer HHH is getting a much better organised push as The Game to be the new key heel of the company. (Solo PUSH, but Failed due to lack of mic skill)

DX - Went back to playing second fiddle to Hunter...only this time it was Hunter AND Stephanie he played second fiddle to. Ask Jericho, it sure is hard to get over being under those two... (A de-push, but one that was needed)

INJURY

The One - Was given Chyna as a partner for some reason, and took the IC title off of Eddie (who Chyna was fueding with, not really Gunn) and then dropped it to Benoit 2 weeks later. Kind of dropped off after that with the exception of one challenge to Edge after he won KotR, in which he jobbed and again was dropped. (Solo Push, but with no real reason, angle or substance behind it.)

Show-Gunns - A joke Tag Team. (Not really a push, just being used to fill space in the mid card)

Billy & Chuck - A Tag Team that started out on Velocity and was a shitty gimmick, the two ran with it, and it got over, and such they were pushed as a good Tag Team because of their reactions. (A Tag Team Push, but one that was VERY much earned and based off of reactions)

Billy Gunn - Not quite taking the name Mr. Ass back but wearing the old trucks and hanging out with Torrie Wilson...but the reasoning was never established. Was Torrie a lover, a manager, a partner, someone with a great ass? Who knows. (Confusing, but ultimately not a push, just sticking him in mid carder world)

INJURY

Billy Gunn - Has weeks of segments leading to his come back. Showing his best moments, He makes his return at the Rumble as number 27...and is shortly eleiminated by Goldberg, then jobs out to everyone under the sun. (Looked like they might push him, but don't, and in fact make him look like a WEAK mid card worker)

Gunn & Holly - A horrible tag team. It went no where. There was no charisma, and nothing ever happened. (No push, no glory)

Gunn is released after being passed out in an airport bathroom.

Now show me, where are all these countless pushes to the moon? I count two real solo pushes, one to be a main event heel, which he failed, and one to be an upper midcarder, which was terribly constructed and really only last for like a month. Other than that he has been in some Tag Teams that were psushed, but as soon as he flew solo, they dropped him on his head again.

Like it or not, Gunn got some very nice pops over the course of his career. And quite frankly, had either of his big pushes have been handled better, he would have made a lot more money for the company. Now did he drop the ball? Yes. But the blame doesn't lay on his shoulders alone. He is terrible on the mic, and WWE never got over that. All in all, he is not over pushed, and he is certainly not the man who holds the record for most pushes...unless 2 is some mysical number to you all...

Funky Fly
12-16-2006, 09:27 PM
But c'mon Rock-A-Billy was a huge push
Are you serious? He spent more time on the jobber shows than he did on RAW during that crapfest.

McLegend
12-16-2006, 09:44 PM
They did it a whole build do it. Like you know the one week Billy gunn smashed the Guitar and the then next week he was the HTM's guy.

Alright then I remember being started out as a push then I guess I don't remember anything after that night on Raw.

I'm the idiot for now