PDA

View Full Version : I think it's time TNA expanded...

The One
12-16-2006, 11:36 PM
They could still do the filming two weeks of Impact on every other Tuesday, but what if TNA started going on tours. They have time and time again brought up the idea of doing more house shows, but what if they ran one show a week in a different location every time. Friday night seems to stand out as a good time to do it. Hold it in small venues and try to sell them out. Film those shows, don't have any HUGE angles introduced or anything, just keep them on the level of like a house show where the matches make sense as far as continuing storylines, but don't have that next "development" as far as the story goes happen. Film them, and instead of airing an iMPACT! repeat on Saturday night, air that show. Again it wouldn't be the show were key things happen (like a title change, a face/heel turn, or anything on that level) but it could help to build up the product better. Maybe treat it like a half recap show, half wrestling show. I think going on tour would help TNA a lot in that right now, unless you are in Florida or plan on vacationing there, you can't see it live. And any wrestling fan (or any sport fan for that matter) will tell you, one of the best experiences for a fan is to see it live.

Thoughts?

St. Jimmy
12-16-2006, 11:39 PM
As soon as they get ratings as good as a Solid AM RAW, then maybe. As for now, sell Xplosion to some other shitty cable network and working on Touring Nationally. Get the fuck out of Orlando.

The One
12-16-2006, 11:42 PM
Uh, Impact about doubles the original AM RAW rating...and has higher ratings than AM RAW on a weekly basis.

St. Jimmy
12-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Both airings of WWE A.M. Raw on 12/2 drew a 0.4 cable rating with a 1.1 share and a 0.9 cable rating with a 3.7 share.

Credit: Wrestleview.

.9 1.2-1.4 is double .9? C'mon man.

As soon as they get out of Orlando, establish product and find fans that aren't complete smarks, it'll look up.

St. Jimmy
12-16-2006, 11:47 PM
I mean I'm not arguing they're doing much better, but just wait a little bit more before you try to shove product. You don't serve raw chicken, do you? It's just not healthy.

The One
12-16-2006, 11:48 PM
It drew a 0.4...and TNA has NEVER had a 1.4 rating.

Let's take last week as an example...

AM RAW: .6
Impact: 1.2

That's exactly double.

Nash! Compton!

ron the dial
12-17-2006, 12:30 AM
I agree that TNA needs to get the fuck out of Orlando, and quick. The crowd does nothing but make the product look weak. I can't imagine that the wrestlers really give a fuck about performing in front of them, either. Same people every taping has to get old.

Mercury Bullet
12-17-2006, 11:39 AM
I wouldn't make it a recap show at all. A second show that actually hits the road though would be great. Impact really needs to be two hours and the new show could fill an hour on Saturdays or whenever. But they need a two hour 'A' show and an hour long 'B' show. They have enough of a roster to pull it off. I think now is the time for TNA to really, REALLY go on the attack. Sure, they aren't going to overtake WWE anytime soon but they could gain ALOT of ground with the way things are going right now.

Crippla
12-17-2006, 04:36 PM
I'd like TNA to do a house show around here sometime, I've never seen it live.

ron the dial
12-17-2006, 05:12 PM
You should take the trip to Orlando. You'd fit in down there.

Crippla
12-17-2006, 05:14 PM
You should take the trip to Orlando. You'd fit in down there.
I'm not sure if I should take that as an insult or what but I've thought about it...

Testicle
12-17-2006, 05:16 PM
I can't imagine that the wrestlers really give a fuck about performing in front of them, either. Same people every taping has to get old.

It did not get old in ECW. But, I agree that they need out of Orlando.

ron the dial
12-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes, but ECW fans weren't retarded (for the most part).

Fox
12-18-2006, 12:48 AM
It drew a 0.4...and TNA has NEVER had a 1.4 rating.

Let's take last week as an example...

AM RAW: .6
Impact: 1.2

That's exactly double.

Nash! Compton!

And if you compare Impact's 1.2 rating against RAW's 3.8 rating, TNA is getting almost one third the rating that WWE is getting. That's pretty considerable, since RAW is supposed to be WWE's flagship show.