PDA

View Full Version : Should Eric Bischoff ever enter the Hall of Fame?

M-A-G
12-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Simple enough question. I mean, aside from Verne Gagne no one else had really been able to bring the fight to Vince McMahon and his WWE promotion like Eric Bischoff. And he made no bones about wanting to be in charge of the number one promotion in the world. From offering big money deals to big name stars to implementing Nitro to utilizing production values efficiently to cheap shots at the competiton, Bischoff did more than his share for this business. He was able to bring together the right elements that brought WCW out of the red rut it was in since its inception and make it profitable. Certainly that's enough to qualify him for some sort of recognition. After all, Verne Gagne was inducted this year and he had never had anything to do with the WWE but his contributions to the business were worth noting.

However, much like Gagne, Bischoff was himself guilty of travelling down the wrong road at times. All of a sudden his ways caused a decline in the revenues and those big guaranteed money deals still needed to be paid off. The man was responsible for bringing in Bret Hart into the fold but that particular star went nowhere thanks to the way things were run backstage. More than one former WCW star has at least one negative story to tell about Mr. Bischoff and his regime. Perhaps his failures overshadow the success?

So what do you think? Yay or nay?

The Naitch
12-18-2006, 05:21 PM
yay.

The Naitch
12-18-2006, 05:22 PM
I'm surprised they even signed him in 2002. His role as RAW GM lasted around 3 years which is quite impressive considering his past with McMahon

Thye'll do it just to keep him quiet I guess.

ie. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer

Caged Heat18
12-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Yay

The One
12-18-2006, 05:32 PM
There is no reason on earth that Eric Bischoff should not be in the Hall of Fame.

Destor
12-18-2006, 05:33 PM
No.

Destor
12-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Neither should Flair, Rhodes, etc. WWF Hall of Fame. Bishoff belongs in the Wrestling Hall of Fame.

Destor
12-18-2006, 05:34 PM
(But he'll probably make it.)

The One
12-18-2006, 05:41 PM
The WWE Hall of Fame is no longer soley for WWE programming. The WWE Hall of Fame is doing their best (and a damn good job too I might add) of replacing the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame. So by that right, Bischoff certainly should be in there...

Also, even if WWE Hall of Fame is for WWE programming only, I would argue Flair STILL has a place in it. Rumble Winner, WrestleMania Main event, 2 WWE Title reigns, 1-IC Title reign, 3-Tag Title reigns, oldest Intercontinental Champion ever, oldest Tag Team Champion ever (just barely edges out Funk), and despite neither of his WWE tenures being the highlights (or even close) of his career, he has been a far above average and HoF worthy wrestler for his time in WWE alone...

Destor
12-18-2006, 05:45 PM
I don't care what the WWE wants to do with their HoF. He asked me if I thought he should enter. I'm sure the WWE thinks he should, and if you asked me that you would have gotton a yes. But he didn't. And from where I'm sitting Bischoff has no buisiness in the WWE Hall of Fame.

As far as Flair goes, I guess. I mean if Nicoli Volkoff can get in Flair should, but if Nicoli Volkoff can get in EVERYONE should.

The MAC
12-18-2006, 06:02 PM
bicshof should be recognised for taking vince to the limit and giving us the entertaining Monday Night wars. If the WWE is recognising achievements elswhere then Y NOT!

Xero
12-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Yes, Bischoff should go in. Although if he goes in Turner should go in as well. And while we're at it, throw in Heyman.

That would be a sight to see: WWE Hall of Fame 2010 where Vince, Bischoff, Turner and Heyman all go in.

M-A-G
12-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Turner vs. Trump!!!

M-A-G
12-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Ted: Well, golly, Donald, I say you ain't got a clue 'bout this here 'rasslin' stuff.

Trump: Who cares? I'm STINKING RICH!

Ted: Ya got yer own network?

Trump: I'm banging a woman hotter than your wife that's for sure.

Ted: Hah, jest wait 'til the divorce comes pilin' in. It'd be like me when I merged with AOL!

Trump: Is that supposed to be insulting ME?

Ted: Hmm, I guess yer right.

Trump: You know you really are quite an idiot in my book.

Ted: When ya put it dat way, yer right 'bout dat.

Trump: Ted, I know you work hard. You got a good mind for business and your achievements are awe-inspiring. But sadly, you're just what I'm looking for right now. Ted, you're fired.

Ted: :(........

ron the dial
12-18-2006, 06:19 PM
I'd have no problem with it. He did a hell of a lot for wrestling at the time, some bad and some good, but that can be said of anybody.

Jeritron
12-18-2006, 06:28 PM
Bischoff should, and probably will, be in the WWE hall of fame. Simply because at the end of the day he lost and Vince won. Since the bottom line is that Vince won, Vince has no problems with bischoff anymore (other than possible harbored resentment). But since hes no longer a threat, and Vince ego was triumphant...then he will have no problem recognizing what Eric did.

Vince doesnt have a problem honoring WCWs accomplishments because they mean nothing at this point. Since there is a WWE dvd regarding Nitro's triumphs, a WWE published book by Bischoff about his campaign against WWE, and he himself has been and on some level still is employed by Vince Mcmahon himself...then there should be no problem with inducting him into the hall of fame.

and yes the WWE hall of fame has become more of WWE's Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame honoring accomplishments of promotions like AWA,NWA,WCW, ECW etc.

St. Jimmy
12-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Since there is no Hall of Infamy, I would say a resounding yes.

Rammsteinmad
12-19-2006, 03:00 AM
Yes.

The MAC
12-19-2006, 05:34 AM
is he stil under contract? Would love to see him go to TNA. now that he has learnt from Vince he may be able to make TNA legit Threat.

Shaner
12-19-2006, 05:37 AM
Yes, someday. But Paul Heyman should be first.

Bad Company
12-19-2006, 08:20 AM
No, he needs to know his place.

Disturbed316
12-19-2006, 08:23 AM
There is no reason on earth that Eric Bischoff should not be in the Hall of Fame.

owenbrown
12-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Yes.

Dorkchop
12-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Yes, but not any time soon. If he goes into the hall of fame, he should be old and finished with wrestling. Hogan shouldn't be in the hall of fame right now. He's still wrestling his "one last matches".