PDA

View Full Version : He's coming to Double Double E! (RAW Spoilers)

Xero
12-21-2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah, so what's everyone's thoughts on Oleg (the wrestler that Jerry Jarrett brought in) coming in with an MMA gimmick to Double Double E? Last I heard he was still really green (so not out of the norm of new WWE wrestlers) so I'm waiting to see how he does. The gimmick will probably bomb anyway and he'll wind up going to the stereotyped "I LOVE RUSSIA! I KILL ALL IN DOUBLE DOUBLE E!" gimmick.

So yeah, good, bad, Double Double E?

Kane Knight
12-21-2006, 10:56 PM
I swear, it's like they're parodying their own stuff. What with The great AHAGAGAGAGA KLAHI!

Fignuts
12-21-2006, 10:57 PM
"LOOK AT MY CRAAAAAAAAZZZZY PASSPORT!"

The Naitch
12-21-2006, 10:59 PM
lol that segment was hilarious

owenbrown
12-22-2006, 04:34 AM
Leading candidate for "WTF moment of 2006" :wtf:

addy2hotty
12-22-2006, 05:21 AM
They should just call him Ivan Drago and be done with it.

Actually if Ivan Drago did come into double double E, I would mark out like a bitch.

Volare
12-22-2006, 06:49 AM
Obviously the first promo he cuts.....to Cena.....before his title match

"I Will Crush You"

Juan
12-22-2006, 07:07 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/ThatJuanGuy1/ludvig_borga.jpg

Kane Knight
12-22-2006, 09:48 AM
In Soviet Russia, Cena jobs to you!

Volare
12-22-2006, 10:05 AM
AHHH! Motherland!

Fignuts
12-22-2006, 10:24 AM
In Soviet Russia, Cena jobs to you!

Poorly executed.

Kane Knight
12-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah, too unrealistic.

Skippord
12-22-2006, 07:16 PM
DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jura
12-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Saw him on Smackdown!again tonight. I only understood the first half of what he was saying. DOUBLE DOUBLE E!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleg_Prudius

M-A-G
12-23-2006, 02:16 AM
An MMA gimmick? Shouldn't Undertaker be upset at this?

M-A-G
12-23-2006, 02:17 AM
Yeah and never mind that they've got Terkey already doing this schtick.

KingofOldSchool
12-23-2006, 06:05 AM
MMMMM Turkey.

Crippla
12-23-2006, 06:50 AM
I hear he's awful in the ring but I don't know since I've never seen him wrestle.

Kane Knight
12-23-2006, 08:30 AM
An MMA gimmick? Shouldn't Undertaker be upset at this?

Who do you think's going to kill off his push and heat in a month?

The Ravishing One
12-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Why did Jerry Jarrett bring him to the double double E anyway? Why not TNA?

On second thought, i think i know why. Feed Vince the shit giants and he'll release the decent wrestlers.

KingofOldSchool
12-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Who do you think's going to kill off his push and heat in a month?

Hulk Hogan?

I mean he hasn't really feuded with a Russian and with Rocky Balboa out...

HULK HOGAN vs. OLEG

KingofOldSchool
12-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Why did Jerry Jarrett bring him to the double double E anyway? Why not TNA?

On second thought, i think i know why. Feed Vince the shit giants and he'll release the decent wrestlers.

"WWE has come to terms with the releases of the entire Smackdown roster except Batista and The Undertaker. We wish them the best of luck in Orlando."

Kane Knight
12-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Come to think of it, why is Flair in WWE? Wouldn't he be better suited in TNA, what with all the retirement homes down there?

Crippla
12-23-2006, 10:59 AM
WCW version 2.

Kane Knight
12-23-2006, 11:14 AM
TNA--Where talent comes to die.

Dying Soon:

Kevin Nash
Kurt Angle
Christian Cage (He hasn't mentioned it, but he has cancer).

NeanderCarl
12-27-2006, 11:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleg_Prudius

He looks just like Lance Storm in that picture.

Afterlife
12-28-2006, 12:07 PM
I hardly consider "MMA" a gimmick. Then again, the only time I even considered nationality a 'gimmick' was when Al Snow was IC champ. In my book, your style and nationality are simply part of your character. And, since the guy can't talk and will stand out from the crowd as a foreigner anyway, I really don't think he needs a gimmick. At least, not to start.

NeanderCarl
12-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Nah, a nationality is a gimmick when guys play a Japanese, or a Russian or a German when they are not. (Yokozuna, Nikolai Volkoff, Nikita Koloff, Mr Fuji, the Von Erichs etc etc.)

They use these "national identities" to establish themselves in the stereotypical image of these nations; the worst offender is usually the sneaky, salt-throwing Japanese back stabbing wrestler, who invariably comes out to the Orient Express' old theme and is known for "Pearl Harbour jobs" on his fellow wrestlers.

Afterlife
12-29-2006, 06:25 AM
Yeah, that's a storyline angle, not a gimmick. But, hell, in my first days here I got a shitstorm for mentioning that HBK doesn't have a gimmicl, so I'll stop before history repeats itself.

Dorkchop
12-29-2006, 01:06 PM
THey couldn't have given him a more stereotypical name. It's like having an American wrestle in Japan with the name Steve Jones or Mike Smith.

I have no opinions on this guy because he will get a big push instantly, stink it up, eventually become a comedy character, then hopefully get released.

Destor
12-29-2006, 01:11 PM
I have no opinions on this guy because he will get a big push instantly, stink it up, eventually become a comedy character, then hopefully get released.That sounds like an opinion to me.

M-A-G
12-29-2006, 03:41 PM
THey couldn't have given him a more stereotypical name. It's like having an American wrestle in Japan with the name Steve Jones or Mike Smith.

What kind of name is he supposed to have, Jacques Deveroux?

Kane Knight
12-29-2006, 06:47 PM
No, Akio Kaientai Hayabusa

Crippla
12-29-2006, 06:50 PM
They should have called him Nervous Ferret for a gimmick like name.

Kane Knight
12-29-2006, 06:54 PM
I'd love to hear a smarkcrowd screaming "STFU NERVOUSE FAGGOT"

Afterlife
12-30-2006, 09:24 AM
No, Akio Kaientai Hayabusa

:lol: You may be kidding, but to be honest, THAT would be a great idea: get a guy who's blatantly Russian and have him trying to convince the world he's a samurai. Yes, it'd be comedic, but, damn it, sometimes life is funny, and sometimes funny people can beat the shit out of you.

Name him Oleg Zai Chan-- and give him a Chinese manager, named something like "Uncle Tso" ('The General' as a nickname). Uncle Tso adopted him as a teenager when his father died; see, poor Oleg had no other family, and his dad met Mr. Tso in the army...or something. Anyway, Uncle Tso promised to raise his friend's son as his own. Being a Ruski raised in China, tho, you gotta be tough, so Uncle tso trained him to fight...thus, Oleg Zai Chan, The Great Red Terror.

Oh, and his finish is an airlift/power thrust STO called "The Misfortune Cookie".

I swear to God, itwould not only work, but I even made it dumb enough for them to consider.

M-A-G
12-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Afterlife....you are now truly a member of TPWW.

NeanderCarl
01-04-2007, 12:10 PM
:lol: You may be kidding, but to be honest, THAT would be a great idea: get a guy who's blatantly Russian and have him trying to convince the world he's a samurai. Yes, it'd be comedic, but, damn it, sometimes life is funny, and sometimes funny people can beat the shit out of you.

Is this 'nationality confusion' idea not almost an identical principle to the Jimmy Wang Yang gimmick?

D Mac
01-04-2007, 03:04 PM
"I love Double Double E!" :lol:

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Kane Knight's first two posts in this thread were pretty good. The first one made me chuckle.

I've always wanted to see a character like that, Afterlife. Well, kind of, but I wanted to see a caucasian guy dress up as either a samurai or a ninja (Hell, have him take on characteristics of both). Have him use smoke pellets to disappear (in really obvious ways), but outside of matches, he uses his sword to intimidate foes. I just want to hear a guy yell out "NINJA MODE!" during a wrestling match.

If he fails to win a match, have him end his life in the middle of the ring. Call him "Ray Hayabusa", or something.

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Anyway, from what I hear, Vladimir is pretty awful in the ring. He's been working matches with Val Venis on the house show circuit, and originally I heard they were terrible. That puts him below Viscera and Snitsky on the anticipated skill chart. Recently, reports have put him at "decent", though.

I wish it were Boris Alexiev getting the push. Not only is the guy actually somewhat ready to debut, but he's apparently very similar to Kurt Angle, who I have heard used to describe Vladimir Kozlov's character. So yeah, maybe the WWE could switch them and no one would notice?

Evil Vito
01-07-2007, 10:21 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Pretty sure Kozlov is going to ECW, as he was quoted on WWE.com saying he could beat RVD or Lashley.</font> :-\

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Pretty sure Kurt Angle doesn't love double double E.

Xero
01-07-2007, 02:55 PM
A lot of people don't love Double Double E.

Anybody Thrilla
01-07-2007, 03:11 PM
I do. :'(

Jura
01-08-2007, 12:05 AM
<a href="">Vladimir Kozlov</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=1698082353&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="240"></embed>

<a href="">Double Double E</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=1698118729&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="320" height="240"></embed>

I love when he says "I can beat both of them.

Xero
01-08-2007, 12:07 AM
EC DOUBL-OO!

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2007, 05:24 AM

I don't blame him.

But apparently he's going to be the tough-as-shit wrestler with the dorkish personality. Give it to Alexiev.

D Mac
01-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Just so you know, he wrestled the dark match at NYR against Eugene. He came out saying "I love double double e! I will prove i'm the best fighter then all of the others and I will prove i'm better then your hero."

D Mac
01-08-2007, 02:54 PM
He then destroyed Eugene. Did'nt look too bad but not great either.

Xero
01-08-2007, 02:58 PM
"I will prove I'm better than your hero"...

Isn't Eugene heel?

D Mac
01-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Not in that match. Koslov was the heel.

Xero
01-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Oh, so tards are only heel unless going against huge stereotypical Russians?

Kane Knight
01-08-2007, 03:11 PM
It's a pecking order:

Jeff Jarrett
Canadians/Russians
Foreigners (Others)
Negroes
Retards
Chicks
Midgets
Luchadores (See allso: Midgets)
Ross Perot
fags
hosses
Cliq.

D Mac
01-08-2007, 03:12 PM
You forgot Rednecks, or is that hosses?

D Mac
01-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Or are Rednecks faces more often? (Jimmy Wang Yang, Hillbilly Jim)

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Apparently he does a pretty sweet Shock Treatment-like move as a finisher. Do not be deceived, though. The WWE are going to push this guy way too hard out the gates, in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind it if they put the WWE Intercontinental Championship on him, or something, but apparently they are already planning on making him a main event heel.

D Mac
01-08-2007, 06:21 PM
It looked kind of like a Torture Rack Back Breaker.

Jeritron
01-09-2007, 05:08 AM
LMAO at when he says "I can beat both of them..." and then makes the face on the ECW one.

Blitz
01-09-2007, 05:13 AM
ROFL the guy is like Borat. I would love to see him pushed as such.

Kane Knight
01-09-2007, 08:54 AM
You forgot Rednecks, or is that hosses?

Rednecks trump everyone.

Kane Knight
01-09-2007, 08:58 AM
ROFL the guy is like Borat. I would love to see him pushed as such.

Yeah, a Smirnov clone clone. Sweet.

Ninti the Mad
01-09-2007, 12:42 PM
He seems promising. I like how he talks.

"What did you think of the Rosie vs Trump match?

"It was very ...entertainment."

fucking classic

Jeritron
01-10-2007, 12:17 AM
"I coulds beat both of zem"
That line single handedly got him over with me, if his character is like that, I won't mind seeing him succeed in the midcard.

Crippla
01-10-2007, 04:46 AM
Well, his character better be entertaining if he's as bad of a wrestler as I hear he is.

Jeritron
01-10-2007, 07:17 AM
A funny gimmick doesn't make a bad "wrestler" good, but it can make them worth a damn. Even if only for a few months. I DESPISE Mark Henry all together now, and always have as a "wrestler". But I'd be lying if I said I didn't get some solid laughs and entertainment out of the midcard character that was Sexual Chocolate. Theres other examples too.

I think it'd be funny if he played up the whole "I could beat any of you girly men" alpha male thing.

Kane Knight
01-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Boogeyman was entertaining for a month, even without really wrestling.

The Fugitive
01-10-2007, 09:25 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure what to think of Kozlov. Part of me loved the 'Double Double E' line and I'm finding myself saying out of the blue for no reason. But on the other hand, I watched both promos there and you know that feeling when someone's making an idiot of themselves and you feel embarrassed for them, that's exactly how I felt watching them.

I guess time will tell whether that feeling lasts, but at the moment, I can't take him seriously, even if he's suppose to be this MMA/sambo champion.

Jeritron
01-10-2007, 09:40 AM
I can see how you feel bad, but if you're worried about people amking idiots out of themselves, or performers are worried about looking like idiots, you're in the wrong place.
Even HHH who is on top of the wrestling world spent a good year making an idiot out of himself.
If you feel bad for this guy, look at Nick Dinsmore. Or Boogeyman.

Afterlife
01-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Is this 'nationality confusion' idea not almost an identical principle to the Jimmy Wang Yang gimmick?

You didn't have any Oriental kids at your school?

JWY is an american character. He is of eastern decsent, but he is American. Tru, he portrays the American redneck cliche, but he's not a blantantly Japanese Man trying to be an American Cowboy.

So, no.

Afterlife
01-10-2007, 09:59 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure what to think of Kozlov. Part of me loved the 'Double Double E' line and I'm finding myself saying out of the blue for no reason. But on the other hand, I watched both promos there and you know that feeling when someone's making an idiot of themselves and you feel embarrassed for them, that's exactly how I felt watching them.

I guess time will tell whether that feeling lasts, but at the moment, I can't take him seriously, even if he's suppose to be this MMA/sambo champion.

I know exactly what you mean in terms of empathic discomfort. I get like that with about half the scenes/promos that I've seen the last year; kinda like MVP bitching about his burns. That was really rough.

However, when Vlad said "I could beat both of them," I laughed pretty damn hard. so far, he's a toss up.

Afterlife
01-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Boogeyman was entertaining for a month, even without really wrestling.

No, he wasn't.

The Fugitive
01-10-2007, 03:18 PM
I can see how you feel bad, but if you're worried about people amking idiots out of themselves, or performers are worried about looking like idiots, you're in the wrong place.
Even HHH who is on top of the wrestling world spent a good year making an idiot out of himself.
If you feel bad for this guy, look at Nick Dinsmore. Or Boogeyman.

Heh, I'm not worried about people making idiots of themselves. Hell, if someone can get a $200,000 contract and all they have to do is act like a retard or a B-movie star who thinks he is really his character, then more power to him, he's got $200,000 more than I do.

But if his gimmick gets to the point where I'm actually watching and I'm trying to turn away from the monitor because it's that painful to watch then there's a problem and I think that would lead to a problem for someone to get over. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and he'll become big, but at the moment, I don't see that happening.

I know exactly what you mean in terms of empathic discomfort. I get like that with about half the scenes/promos that I've seen the last year; kinda like MVP bitching about his burns. That was really rough.

However, when Vlad said "I could beat both of them," I laughed pretty damn hard. so far, he's a toss up.

I'm glad someone gets what I meant.

I honestly didn't find that line very funny, but hey, everyone likes something different.

Jeritron
01-10-2007, 05:45 PM
I never thought he'd get big or even really get over. I just thought he could be entertaining. "I can beats both of zem" is hilarious to me and I don't know why.

Kane Knight
01-10-2007, 06:47 PM
No, he wasn't.

Hey, at least I'm not still fawning over him.

addy2hotty
01-10-2007, 07:01 PM
He was mildly amusing, I will agree. Then again, anyone who is a take off of Ivan Drago probably would get over.

It does amuse me, however, to see that many now are judging a characters 30 second pigeon english interview and describing him as 'over with me', and as a 'toss up' in reference to whether he's going to be good or not.

It's almost as if the WWE has dumbed everyone down. It used to be, say with Kurt Angle, he'd do his vinguettes and then have a match or two and then people would give an opinion on his ability. Nowadays, all you have to do is utter a few comedy words or eat worms on screen and people are ejaculating over the TV screen or ordering a T-Shirt with 'I beat boths of zem' on it.

It's like people no longer care if they are any good in the ring, which what the debacle is supposed to be about. If this Ivan Drago is good in the ring, and funny out of it - wonderful. I can bet what he's really going to be like, hence his lack of in-ring action so far.

How long before he crushes a jobber and shouts on the mic - 'I defeat all man'?

Jeritron
01-10-2007, 07:02 PM
If you can say that a random dude showing up and eating live worms in the ring didn't mildly entertain you as a midcard act for at least a moment in time you're lying to us and/or yourself.
Boogeyman sucks but to say he was NEVER entertaining isn't exactly fair.

Jeritron
01-10-2007, 07:04 PM
One personal note that I will hand to Boogeyman, is I watched Wrestlemania 22 with a couple kids who hadn't watched in years and didn't know who Randy Orton or Carlito and shit were, but when Boogeyman came on they said "oh this is that dude who eats worms"

Afterlife
01-13-2007, 08:52 AM
He was mildly amusing, I will agree. Then again, anyone who is a take off of Ivan Drago probably would get over.

It does amuse me, however, to see that many now are judging a characters 30 second pigeon english interview and describing him as 'over with me', and as a 'toss up' in reference to whether he's going to be good or not.

It's almost as if the WWE has dumbed everyone down. It used to be, say with Kurt Angle, he'd do his vinguettes and then have a match or two and then people would give an opinion on his ability. Nowadays, all you have to do is utter a few comedy words or eat worms on screen and people are ejaculating over the TV screen or ordering a T-Shirt with 'I beat boths of zem' on it.

It's like people no longer care if they are any good in the ring, which what the debacle is supposed to be about. If this Ivan Drago is good in the ring, and funny out of it - wonderful. I can bet what he's really going to be like, hence his lack of in-ring action so far.

How long before he crushes a jobber and shouts on the mic - 'I defeat all man'?

Hold on, there, Scooter. What I said, was "so far, he's a toss-up". I didn't make any judgements on his future development. When the Hurricane started, I loved it instantly, because I knew where they were headed and I knew Helms was a great wrestler. When Lesnar started, I hated it, because he was a generic meathead that didn't talk and beat up on people that weren't in his weight class. We knew where it was going.

But Vlad has not shown me his in-ring ability, so hold my opinion; he has done the same interview thrice, each time equally difficult to watch with minimal leeway in humor, and I hold my opinon.

I liked the arrogant lines.

I disliked the awkward structure of his broken english interviews.

I know nothing of his wrestling ability.

Therefore, as I like 50% of what I've seen and dislike 50% of what I've seen, and a classic coin toss has a 50/50 chance of landing on what you call, I consider him a toss-up -- NOW.

My thots on his career? I'll hold my opinion.

Anybody Thrilla
01-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Breakin' the shit down to molecules.

Afterlife
01-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Well, I hate to be taken out of context.

D Mac
01-14-2007, 03:40 PM
I hate Double Double E Raw!

addy2hotty
01-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Hold on, there, Scooter. What I said, was "so far, he's a toss-up". I didn't make any judgements on his future development. When the Hurricane started, I loved it instantly, because I knew where they were headed and I knew Helms was a great wrestler. When Lesnar started, I hated it, because he was a generic meathead that didn't talk and beat up on people that weren't in his weight class. We knew where it was going.

But Vlad has not shown me his in-ring ability, so hold my opinion; he has done the same interview thrice, each time equally difficult to watch with minimal leeway in humor, and I hold my opinon.

I liked the arrogant lines.

I disliked the awkward structure of his broken english interviews.

I know nothing of his wrestling ability.

Therefore, as I like 50% of what I've seen and dislike 50% of what I've seen, and a classic coin toss has a 50/50 chance of landing on what you call, I consider him a toss-up -- NOW.

My thots on his career? I'll hold my opinion.

So what is the toss-up in reference to?

Afterlife
01-15-2007, 10:26 AM
So what is the toss-up in reference to?

:wtf:

Is that a serious question?