PDA

View Full Version : Raw and iMPACT! to go head to head

Crippla
12-22-2006, 07:42 PM
The USA Network is not airing WWE Raw on Monday, February 12th, 2007 due to a dog show. Raw will air on the USA Network that Thursday, February 15th, from 8 to 10:05 PM, which means that the second hour is airing head-to-head with TNA Impact.

The Sci-Fi Channel currently has a Star Trek: Enterprise marathon planned for February 12th from 7 to 11 PM, so it appears that Raw airing live on Sci-Fi that week won't be happening this time around.

Caged Heat18
12-22-2006, 08:08 PM
THURSDAY NIGHT WARS!!!!!!:shifty:

Londoner
12-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Lol@the dog show getting shown ahead of Raw again, can't blame the USA network though. Should be interesting.

DaveWadding
12-22-2006, 08:16 PM
Lol@the dog show getting shown ahead of Raw again, can't blame the USA network though. Should be interesting.

again? Clearly you must mean every year they were on USA since it started?

Kane Knight
12-22-2006, 08:27 PM

At least the Dog Show gets like 4 times the ratings of the average Raw these days. Enterprise? Come on, TNA's gonna outdraw that by like double! :rofl:

Crippla
12-22-2006, 08:28 PM
I know this isn't serious but it's still gonna feel like the old Monday Night Wars when I flip back and forth.

Kane Knight
12-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Someone needs to take a sign that says "Triple H (Or DX, or Cena) Lays down for dogs!"

DaVe
12-22-2006, 09:49 PM
again? Clearly you must mean every year they were on USA since it started?

Yep. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_WWE_television_ratings

Dorkchop
12-22-2006, 10:56 PM
I know this isn't serious but it's still gonna feel like the old Monday Night Wars when I flip back and forth.

Excpet this time, both shows are pretty meh.

The One
12-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Nash is on Impact, and he has the charts to prove he simply out draws everyone and everything.

He'll probably draw like $250,000,000 on that night alone. :y:

El Fangel
12-23-2006, 12:40 AM
I actually wish for one night, that i had cable/satelite, just so I could decide which is better.

M-A-G
12-23-2006, 02:13 AM
If IMPACT! wins, I'm gonna shoot myself.

FourFifty
12-23-2006, 02:15 AM
If IMPACT! wins, I'm gonna shoot every single goddamn wwe writer in their right knee cap, twice.

Schoenauer
12-23-2006, 03:46 AM
If IMPACT! wins, I'm gonna shoot myself.
I expect you to stop posting when it happens.

Jeritron
12-23-2006, 04:25 AM
It's certainly cool. Should be intersting to see the numbers. What TNA has in their corner is the fact they're in their regular time slot and Raw is out of its time slot.
It's exciting but not that exciting since neither show really has me excited to begin with. I'm sure TNA will try to book something huge, and WWE will prob announce a big match and make it well known Raw will be on Thursday just to avoid it getting close

Jeritron
12-23-2006, 04:28 AM
Feb 15th huh? Well I'm gonna go ahead and say WWE books a title match and a #1 contender for Wrestlemania match. And on the TNA books something big with Angle, maybe even his first title shot.
Just taking a stab to look back on when it rolls around.

Kane Knight
12-23-2006, 08:22 AM
It's certainly cool. Should be intersting to see the numbers. What TNA has in their corner is the fact they're in their regular time slot and Raw is out of its time slot.

What TNA has working against them is their known replay time, making an either or choice for people who know both is on easy.

Jeritron
12-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Which is the case every week. They're just not going head to head with someone.

Kane Knight
12-23-2006, 10:24 AM
...Which was the point. The entire point. The major reason this is different. The sole factor that lead me to bring it up in the first place.

Still not getting it? I'll type slower.

Going head to head with a wrestling show with no replay (Domestic, anyway) may full well be a detriment specifically because they do have one. This is normally not a problem, because (As your grasp of the obvious so thoroughly demonstrated) they are normally unopposed. This time it will be, because, as is the point, they won't be unopposed.

In other words, thanks for your grasp of the obvious.

RVDmark
12-23-2006, 10:33 AM
It would be great if everyone watched TNA and not RAW. I understand that many people on here like TNA and many don't but if all of us watched TNA then it would send a message to Vince and hopefully improve both products.

Thursday Night Wars, One Night Stand. :shifty:

Kane Knight
12-23-2006, 11:03 AM
It would send the wrong message to TNA, and likely the wrong message to WWE.

Though honestly, I'd just rather not watch either these days.

RVDmark
12-23-2006, 11:50 AM
It would send the wrong message to TNA, and likely the wrong message to WWE.

Though honestly, I'd just rather not watch either these days.

Admittedly it would likely send the wrong message to TNA, and I agree with being tempted to just not watch, but its not going to get better the way it is and something like TNA pushing WWE for ratings the 1 night they go head to head might shake up the industry a bit.

addy2hotty
12-23-2006, 11:54 AM
The only wrestling I will watch over the next couple of weeks is the PCS segments which are available on youtube.

Kane Knight
12-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Admittedly it would likely send the wrong message to TNA, and I agree with being tempted to just not watch, but its not going to get better the way it is and something like TNA pushing WWE for ratings the 1 night they go head to head might shake up the industry a bit.

It's not going to shake anything up. To do that, we would need regular, viable competition. Do you know how little a one week ratings spieke or dip means?

Mr. Nerfect
12-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Hopefully TNA will have some good shit ready for us on that show. Expect Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe to be involved. Vince Russo may be crazy, but I think he'll be able to capitalise on this, and if the WWE goes into bat with the John Cena, Triple H and Shawn Michaels hour, I can see a lot of us flicking.

The WWE isn't stupid, though, and they'll likely have some kind of gimmick match to keep us watching. Maybe the "first-ever" RAW Hell in a Cell (it happened on RAW once, I believe Stone Cold Steve Austin and Mankind took on The Undertaker and Kane, but the commentators would likely forget) or an Elimination Chamber.

Pepsi Man
12-25-2006, 08:35 AM
On the whole thing about the replay of Impact being available, WCW Monday Nitro always had an encore presentation as well. I'm not trying to join either side of any argument in this thread at this time; just figured I'd point that out.

Kane Knight
12-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Will TNA actually be live?