PDA

View Full Version : ROH in 2007

Mr. Nerfect
12-25-2006, 08:01 PM
As everyone knows by now, Homicide is the new ROH World Champion. As of now, he only has one challenger confirmed, and that is Jimmy Rave, who will get a title shot at some point in February.

Anyway, this topic is just to discuss where people see the ROH World Title going in 2007. Will Jimmy Rave take the Title? Will Nigel McGuinness win it in the UK?

I see Roderick Strong getting a reign with the ROH World Title at some point this year. He's committed to ROH, and unless he gets snatched up, he could very easily get pushed to the moon. He won the 2005 Survival of the Fittest Tournament, and that event will mean more if they put the ROH World Title on another winner of it. No offence to Delirious, as he's been doing some fantastic work lately, and could very easily get some Title shots, but I just can't see him as ROH World Champion. At least not yet.

I'm almost certain that either Jimmy Rave or Nigel McGuinness will be successor to Homicide, but I'm just not sure which. ROH is hard to predict, as they don't rely on storylines as much as they do pure wrestling.

I'm eager to hear the thoughts of those who follow ROH a bit better than I do. Feel free to broaden the discussion to the ROH Tag Team Titles, and general ROH discussion.

thecc
12-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Chris Hero Has been confirmed to be Homicides first defense. I really think that ROH is gonna do a lot with Hero this year.

Fignuts
12-25-2006, 09:23 PM
I actually think someone from Noah will take the title in 07.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-26-2006, 01:09 AM
AHHHWHWHR*(*&#@&#&#&$((&$HRFIHTRUYR*^*$&*&*F*Y$*GHTFTFUTF!!!

What Would Kevin Do?
12-26-2006, 01:09 AM
There's my answer for who will be champ this year.

The Fugitive
12-26-2006, 02:34 AM
http://deliriouswrestling.com/gallery/albums/delirious1/normal_Delirious67TNA.jpg

(Hopefully) Your next ROH World Champion. BAH BAH BAH!

What Would Kevin Do?
12-26-2006, 07:54 AM
UGRYFG*#*^!!~~!!@@!UHF!

Innovator
12-26-2006, 11:23 AM
*&$*^*^&$* %^* %^#* %^# *%# ^* %^ *%^#*^% KICK YOUR AAAASSS

BAH BAH BAH BAH

Innovator
12-26-2006, 11:29 AM
ROH is in talks with Dragon Gate for wrestlers coming over in 2007. Everytime Sydal or Evans go over to Japan they come back better than ever.....also I hope we get another Do Fixer vs. Blood Generation match.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-26-2006, 11:53 AM
You know, it would be awesome if ROH and Dragongate established an intercompany title.

Innovator
12-26-2006, 01:15 PM
The Dragon Gate/Ring of Honor "Match of the Year" Championship

Mr. Monday Morning
12-26-2006, 03:21 PM
I don't think there's any question the Briscoes are being set up to have an enormous run with the tag titles. The only problem is if they did win it there would be no credible challengers at the moment save for throwing a few teams together and letting them challenge, or have some temporary teams (i.e. Jacobs and Albright) have a few challenges now and again

To be honest I really wish Rave and Shelley had won the tag titles earlier this year from Aries and Strong, they were a great tandem and together with Nana they were arguably the best thing on the show. Thinking about it I wouldn't mind seeing Shelley and Sabin team up like they do in Zero-1, *if* Shelley ever comes back, which is kinda doubtful :(

But yeah, before I got offtrack on that paragraph, Jimmy Rave has been consistently solid for a good 18 months - 2 years now, once they iron out his new character and where he's headed, I can see him winning. Nigel I'm not sure about, I think his touring with NOAH might hurt his chances a little bit as he often misses 2-3 shows in stretches. He would definitely be bought as a credible holder after the series with AmDrag, but I can't see him beating Homicide, I don't think it would gel right.

As for anyone else...Strong could definitely have a shot. I'm thinking giving him the FIP belt is Gabe's way of testing the waters to see if he can carry himself off as a champion, if he makes a good job of it I can totally see him getting a run. If that happens I'm just hoping for an Aries heel turn :yes:

To be honest, those guys aside I'm not sure if anybody else would really be bought as a credible challenger, unless there's another situation like with Gibson where a guy comes down from the majors for a while and gets over (Albright?). I'm thinking this year Whitmer is going to get a main event push though, Gabe just will not give up on him (and to be fair he has been accepted after the CZW wars) and he'll get his shots, although I don't think he'll win.

blake639raw
12-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Well, maybe the Havana Pitbulls will reunite, there's one team. I could probably think of some more, but I hafta go to work.

Mr. Monday Morning
12-27-2006, 07:25 AM
I don't really like Reyes all that much, but it would appear you were correct:

December 27th: We have three huge matches to announce for the 1/27 event in Edison, NJ at the Inman Sports Center. You can get tickets for $10 until 10pm tonight at ROHwrestling.com. The first match will shake the foundations of ROH. Samoa Joe has signed one of ROH World Champion Homicide's open contracts. 1/27 in Edison will be Homicide vs. Samoa Joe and if Homicide is still World Champion the title will be on the line. These two former rivals and now friends have a long history when it comes to the ROH World Title. However, now the roles are reversed and it will be Joe challenging Homicide for the belt. If Homicide loses the belt to Chris Hero on 1/26 in Boston you will still see Joe vs. Homicide in Edison. Are you really going to pass this match up for $10?

December 27th: Great tag team wrestling will dominate the Edison show. Six man action will have Austin Aries, Roderick Strong & Jack Evans vs. Davey Richards, Delirious & Shingo. This will be state-of-the-art wrestling at its best!!!

December 27th: If that wasn't enough for you, Edison will witness a match that was supposed to take place in August of 2004. It will be the reunited Rocky Romero & Ricky Reyes vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe. This issue will finally be resolved in Edison!!! Get tickets for only $10 until tonight at ROHwrestling.com. Much more will be signed in the upcoming weeks for this huge event.

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Chris Hero & Larry Sweeney will probably get a good feud with The Briscoe Brothers going this year, with the ROH Tag Team Titles being involved. I've seen worse. Far worse.

I can see Jimmy Rave winning the ROH World Title from Homicide in February. It gets the belt back onto a guy without WWE or TNA commitments, plus he's uber-over as a heel. His push has been going well, and he can work a pretty good match. Jimmy Rave vs. Nigel McGuinness in the UK? Tell me the crowd won't be hot for that one.

If Brent Albright continues to be impressive, I can see him taking the belt later in the year. I see Roderick Strong succeeding Jimmy Rave, and then Albright taking it from Strong. Here is how I can see the ROH World Title going in 2007:

* Homicide defends the Title successfully against all challengers lined-up (Chris Hero and Samoa Joe), and possibly even Jimmy Rave.

* Jimmy Rave wins the Title from Homicide (possibly in a rematch, just to put him over as shady).

* Rave defends the belt against guys like Homicide, Nigel McGuinness, Delirious (I'm a huge fan of the guy, but I don't think they'll put the belt on him, at least not yet), Colt Cabana, Matt Sydal and Austin Aries.

* Roderick Strong wins the belt from Jimmy Rave.

* Austin Aries is jealous that Strong could get it done, and he couldn't, so the two feud.

* Strong defends the Title against Austin Aries, Jimmy Rave, Matt Sydal, Samoa Joe, Delirious, etc.

* Brent Albright wins the Survival of the Fittest Tournament, and challenges Strong.

* Brent Albright wins the ROH World Title.

blake639raw
12-27-2006, 08:13 PM
I sure hope Roddy doesn't win the strap. I"m sorry, but I don't get into him as much as most people. He has less than zero charisma, and actually comes across as kinda nervous sometimes. I don't think he's near ready to be a great champ. I wouldn't mind Rave as much, as long as they continue to give him a good push beforehand.

blake639raw
12-27-2006, 08:14 PM
And for the record, I like Roderick Strong. I thoroughly enjoyed his and Aries tag title reign. They have great chemistry together.

Innovator
12-27-2006, 11:23 PM
I don't buy Jimmy Rave as a main event heel who can carry the company yet. Maybe next year after a solid build up in his new character.

Even though he's a TNA guy right now, I want Ki back. I'm dying to see Homicide vs. Low Ki.

Mr. Nerfect
12-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Roderick Strong and Jimmy Rave scream as upper mid-card guys to me, too. Who else is there? McGuinness may be ready to step up after his program with Joe, but even then he may still be a risk.

I think a revival of the Homicide/Colt Cabana feud would be sweet to see. Cabana is an ROH guy (unless WSX actually takes off as something big), and he's long overdue for a Title push.

Innovator
12-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Nah after watching Nigel all of 2006, I think he's ready for the main event. He's become a bonafide star, and him getting a title shot in the UK would be something to see again.

blake639raw
12-27-2006, 11:51 PM
I say Nigel should definately be the next champ. I think that Rocky Romero, Chris Hero, Davey Richards, or possibly even Brent Albright can be great future champs.

blake639raw
12-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah, and of course, Colt.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Rave would be a great champ, just because he can do the classic heel schtick really well. He is the guy who is going to get his ass kicked, but will find a way to weasle out a victory.

Mr. Nerfect
12-28-2006, 03:29 AM
Ah, so most people seem to agree that Nigel could be the man this year. I heard a lot about him being a breakout star, so I shouldn't be surprised.

My question is this: Even if Jimmy Rave isn't the heel to carry the company, would he make a suitable transitional Champ? Should he cheat to strip Homicide of the Title, and then lose it to McGuinness in the UK? Or would McGuinness challenging Homicide mean more?

I mean, James Gibson got the belt, and although he was a main event player in ROH, some may say he wasn't the man to carry the company, especially at the time he won the belt (when he had re-signed with the WWE).

Dave Youell
12-28-2006, 09:01 AM
Personally I'd like to see Hero with it or go to a former champ, another Joe run would be good, but the title doesn't need it really.

Of course i would like to elect Colt Cabana as well, where the heck has he been recently, haven't heard alot from him at all

What Would Kevin Do?
12-28-2006, 11:54 AM
He was in the Whitmer/Jacobs/Lacey/Cabana story.