PDA

View Full Version : Spice Girl lyrics (something that's been bugging me)

Rammsteinmad
12-30-2006, 08:22 AM
So whenever someone commits murder or suicide or something and the police find out this guy listens to heavy metal or summit, the heavy metal band is instantly gonna get the blame for it. Like their lyrics or something. Kinda like the West Memphis Three who I think listen to Metallica and Marilyn Manson etc.

So anyway, this has been bugging me for ages. Here's the lyrics to the Spice Girls song "who do you think you are". I've highlighted the key parts:

The race is on to get out of the bottom
The top is high so your roots are forgotten
Giving is good as long as you're getting
What's driving you it's ambition I'm betting
I said who do you think you are (Do you think you are)
I said who
Some kind of superstar

You have got to swing it shake it move it make it
Who do you think you are
Trust it use it prove it groove it
Show me how good you are
Swing it, shake it, move it, make it
Who do you think you are
Trust it, use it, prove it, groove it
Show me how good you are

You're swelling out in the wrong direction
You've got the bug, superstar you've been bitten
Your trumpet's blowing far too long
Lining the snake up the ladder, but you're wrong

I said who do you think you are (Do you think you are)
I said who
Some kind of superstar

You have got to swing it shake it move it make it
Who do you think you are
Trust it use it prove it groove it
Show me how good you are
Swing it, shake it, move it, make it
Who do you think you are
Trust it, use it, prove it, groove it
Show me how good you are

You have got to reach on up, never lose your soul
You have got to reach on up, never lose control

Now these are clearly dick references. Come on! So like, when guys indecently expose themselves to women fucking Spice Girls get away with it. But yet bands like Metallica can't avoid trouble when people kill other people (there was also that guy that listened to "motorbreath" or summit and killed people).

Anyway, just my observation I made at work while hearing that song on the radio. And to think young kiddies (use to) listen to this. Although this post may seem totally pointless, search deep down in your soul. You know I'm right. This is pure evil. :foc:

D Mac
12-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Baby Spice. Hawt

M-A-G
12-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Do you play records backwards and look for the Gospel of Satan?

Kris P Lettus
12-30-2006, 02:23 PM
-How do you know Spice Girl lyrics??

-Listen to TITANICA!!1!

The Mask
12-30-2006, 02:42 PM
innuendo in lyrics eh, fuck me.

Rammsteinmad
12-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Behind all their preaching of "girl power" and cartoon theatrics, they were just five horny sluts who wanted some cock. :roll:

I woulda give it to 'em too. :naughty:

M-A-G
12-30-2006, 03:43 PM
:roll:

Posh was the sh*t....:shifty:

Skippord
12-31-2006, 04:24 AM
Scary was well scary

The Naitch
12-31-2006, 04:29 AM
Sporty Spice is what I envision my wife to be like

Bad Company
01-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Baby Spice. Hawt
yeah boy

Blitz
01-01-2007, 03:57 AM
Viva forever>you. Not even close to kidding.

RP
01-01-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm negative repping you for this thread.

Rammsteinmad
01-01-2007, 08:03 AM
:wave:

Disturbed316
01-01-2007, 07:04 PM
And what exactly does "two become one " really mean?

Rammsteinmad
01-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Someone's gonna die! :wave:

RP
01-02-2007, 03:42 AM
And what exactly does "two become one " really mean?

Balls make sperm.

Stickman
01-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Who blamed Metallica? I've heard people blaming Metal and usually ends up with Marylin Manson, but Metallica?

Fox
01-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Back in 5th grade (when this shit was pop.), I hung out with these three chicks who thought they were the spice girls, and dressed like them (horribly) every day.

One of them is pregnant, all three of them are total sluts now and were total sluts throughout high school.

Coincidence?

Rammsteinmad
01-03-2007, 02:57 AM
Who blamed Metallica? I've heard people blaming Metal and usually ends up with Marylin Manson, but Metallica?

There was some case a couple of years ago. Some guy committed murder, the police found out he listened to Metallica. They said one of the lyrics from Kill 'Em All (Motorbreath? Metal Melitia? Can't remember which one) influenced him to kill someone.

Plus I guess there's the West Memphis Three as it's said that they listen to Metallica and were dubbed as satan worshippers.

Stickman
01-03-2007, 03:16 PM
IF something from Kill Em All wants somebody to go out and kill somebody or themselves, they deserve Saddam treatment.

Watson
01-03-2007, 11:21 PM
There was some case a couple of years ago. Some guy committed murder, the police found out he listened to Metallica. They said one of the lyrics from Kill 'Em All (Motorbreath? Metal Melitia? Can't remember which one) influenced him to kill someone.

Plus I guess there's the West Memphis Three as it's said that they listen to Metallica and were dubbed as satan worshippers.

Also, on Metallica's Behind The Music the narrator said something about a guy commiting suicide after listening to "Fade The Black".

When Richard Ramirez (The Night Stalker) was on trial they tried to say the AC/DC song "Night Prowler" influenced him to commit murder. All because an AC/DC cap was found at one of the crime scenes.

Rammsteinmad
01-04-2007, 03:00 AM
When Richard Ramirez (The Night Stalker) was on trial they tried to say the AC/DC song "Night Prowler" influenced him to commit murder. All because an AC/DC cap was found at one of the crime scenes.

And that is exactly my point. This whole thread basically leads to the whole "rock/metal = bad" argument... if I was to expose myself to someone and drop a Spice Girls cd, the court would try and find another excuse (ie. video games, GTA, pro wrestling). But the Spice Girls would never get mentioned as influening people to do things.

Fuckin' Spice Girls.

:foc:

Disturbed316
01-04-2007, 10:10 AM
http://members.lycos.co.uk/badmuvafuka/hpbimg/bo%20selecta%20mel%20b.jpg

You right set of bastards, ya!