PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: To the John Cena haters

The Naitch
12-31-2006, 12:00 AM
He's the white vanilla babyface and that's why people hate him. They hate his character. But then you have guys who hate him because he can't wrestle.

Would you change your thoughts about him if he turned heel?

The Naitch
12-31-2006, 12:01 AM
AND if Cena came in as a strong heel against a babyface Triple H at WrestleMania, who would you cheer for?

El Fangel
12-31-2006, 12:17 AM
Cena = Bitch, Heel or face
Trips is da man. Nuff' said.

M-A-G
12-31-2006, 12:18 AM
People hate John Cena???

Nervous Ferret
12-31-2006, 12:20 AM
lolz I can remember like 2 years ago when everybody who was anybody absoultely hated Triple H with a passion. And most people LOVED Cena. Granted he was the man then, what with when he would actually rap, "Deez Nuts", dunno ther things that were kinda cool before he started the whole "Chain Gang represent" nonsense.

I still like Cena dunno. It is just amazing to me how incredibly fickle you guys can be.

M-A-G
12-31-2006, 12:23 AM
He's probably one of the few things I actually find entertaining on Raw to be honest. He's funny on the mic, so into his character, and he's classy. He's the MVP of the class of '02.

The Naitch
12-31-2006, 12:35 AM
Yeah, I still like Cena now. But some of his stuff is lame, but I know it's for the kids. It was the same thing when Rock babyface in 2001/2002, I just wanted to cringe at some of the stuff he'd say. Still liked them though.

Fignuts
12-31-2006, 01:49 AM
He was so fucking over when he was first making the transition to face. They could have easily had a huge star that MIGHT have reached rock's popularity had they stuck with the Austin-like loner rebel face, rather than the vanilla babyface they changed him into.

Destor
12-31-2006, 02:08 AM
Never had a problem with Cena. Never been big on him either. I've always been indifferent toward him. He's not my kind of wrestler, but he doesn't bother me.

The Naitch
12-31-2006, 03:03 AM
He was so fucking over when he was first making the transition to face. They could have easily had a huge star that MIGHT have reached rock's popularity had they stuck with the Austin-like loner rebel face, rather than the vanilla babyface they changed him into.

I wonder if he started to lose creative control as time went on?

do you think he was given more freedom with his character in 2003/2004 (midcarder) and did WWE creative start having more control over his 2005-present character (main eventer)

Crippla
12-31-2006, 08:30 AM
I don't hate Cena though I don't care for him in the ring. I think it's just the way WWE handles his character. Yes, I think as a main eventer, Vince has most creative control over Cena.

Kane Knight
12-31-2006, 08:55 AM
I'd change my mind about him, if he started in on an entertaining character.,

Mr. Nerfect
01-01-2007, 04:09 AM
I was one of the first John Cena "haters". This was around the time that he was having his Best of Five Series with Booker T over the United States Title. The WWE made some really awful decisions with him:

* They gave him the win in the series, after his title was vacated, or something. What was the point? They really should have given the win to Booker T, and had JC move on.

* They had him butcher the United States Championship. If he were a heel, this would have been sweet. "I'm the United States Champion, and as no one can lay claim to being better than me, I can do whatever I want to my Title". Instead they tried to make it seem like he was "gangsta to the max!!1".

* John Cena won the WWE Championship too early in my opinion. You can trace back my posts to 2004 and see for yourself: I was hoping for JBL to retain, or maybe to get disqualified or something, and begin a feud with John Cena. So, you know, the win may actually be more than just "Woot! Attempted Austin Replacement #4 wins the Title!".

And this is just his time on SmackDown! as a stale babyface. The nuts shit, and the Chain Gang shit is so fucking stupid. He claims it was his idea, but I can't help but think he is just sucking up to management to continue as their bitch for a while yet.

I was one of the first to hate Cena, but I was also one of the guys who defended him when he first came up from OVW. Everyone said he didn't matter, because he didn't have a personality, but I was one of the few who thought he could survive by being a good wrestler. How ironic, eh?

If John Cena turned heel, his wrestling style would be less obnoxious. I mean, he plays the underdog in every match he's ever in, yet he's been WWE Champion for so long. Anyone see the problem there?

Cena's talent in the ring would likely shine through more as a heel, and he would be more entertaining. I think Cena should turn heel.

Blitz
01-01-2007, 04:35 AM
I know a girl, let's call her Kay, she's the kinda girl you think about night and day. I love to see her loungin' in her lingerie, but the only problem is she lives so far away. Another little hitch in my story to tell, she's got an old man who don't treat her so well. In my mind it's a crime, she don't get due respect, but I've got some love I'd like to inject. In the morning with her night shirt on, Livin' free, hangin' out really turns me on. If I was so blessed to wake up with Kay, only thing I could say, it was a good day.

To all the lovely ladies, I'll treat like a queen.

The Naitch
01-01-2007, 04:54 AM
what the fuck was that bullshit, Blitz. C'MON

Kane Knight
01-01-2007, 08:46 AM
I hated Cena before I even heard of him. You posers.

Anybody Thrilla
01-01-2007, 02:16 PM
I am a Chain Gang soldier and I am 23 years old.

Kane Knight
01-01-2007, 02:48 PM
You know who else was a chain gang soldier?

Hitler.

You filthy Nazi!

Anybody Thrilla
01-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Well, you got me there.

RGWhat316
01-01-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm still on the fence for Cena. I was a big mark of his back in 2003 and 2004. But what started to ruin it for me was early in 2005 when he was still labeled as the white rapper, then he starts picking up kids after his matches. It seemed at the time, he was going to be directed towards the kids, so his character changed to the vanilla babyface we know of.

Then he started to defeat the bigger names that he should not have beaten. Likes of Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle, who are no longer in the company. Plus almost every match of his is booked the same where he has to overcome the odds and eventually win. A basic storyline is a face chasing a heel, but yet for the longest time, the heels were always chasing him, so I think it made people hate Cena because of that.

I'm not that big a fan of his, but it has gotten better lately. Now if he changed his character so he wasn't so vanilla, whether it be a heel turn, or just a rougher character, I would like him better.

Anybody Thrilla
01-01-2007, 03:02 PM
At least they didn't have him play the underdog versus Estrada.

Splaya
01-01-2007, 03:18 PM
So get this. I like Cena but I've been craving the heel turn for months. Even if Cena walked out while making his entrance instead of running out, acting like an idiot, would make me like him more.

Xero
01-01-2007, 03:20 PM
By no means am I a mark for him, but aside from a few creative problems, Cena has improved a shitload over the last year. Had they waited until he was at the point he's at now to plop him in the main event I think he would be over with more fans.

I think, at this point, they can't turn him. They've pushed him pretty far and is finally getting over with a larger portion of the fan base. If they turn him now they will undo any and all momentum he has and will be shit on again. In a year or so, after he's finally over with a huge portion of the fans, sure, turn him, but not yet, it's too early.

And honestly, his One Night Stand match, which a lot of people shit on (mainly because he's Cena I suppose) was a great match in my opinion. The crowd enhanced it, but even without the crowd interactions the match was great.

Was it WrestleMania caliber? No, but it was worthy of a SummerSlam main event and was more than enough for the ECW PPV.

M-A-G
01-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Why do people say he's beating people he's not supposed to? He's the champion.

O.G Loc
01-01-2007, 05:38 PM
WTF is with his moves. All sloppy and shit, like his arm drag.

Kane Knight
01-01-2007, 05:45 PM

He's the always-winning-alwaysunderdoggiest-of-underdogs champion.

Innovator
01-01-2007, 07:55 PM
WTF is with his moves. All sloppy and shit, like his arm drag.the 4 moves he does he can't do right

Kane Knight
01-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah, he's gone to looking sloppy as shit...

Stickman
01-02-2007, 12:31 PM
He'd make a better heel. His gimmick is shit, and in the ring he's shit, but, a shit wrestler can be a good heel.

Kane Knight
01-02-2007, 06:39 PM
He'd make a better heel. His gimmick is shit, and in the ring he's shit, but, a shit wrestler can be a good heel. I said a while back I'd like to see him get a posse, and continue in pretty much the same role he is now--But as an overt sellout. I think that (And not driving off the folks who hate him) would effectively make him heel.

The One
01-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I bash on Cena because...well...it's just so easy to do. Honestly I don't really care one way or the other about him, I am bored to tears seeing him do his Superman rutine over and over again, but his character of a wigger turned action/Marine star has never done anything for me. I am still betting on Orton to be the man of the future once the last of the Attitude Main Event workers are done (which is basically only Taker and DX at this point)...

Mr. Nerfect
01-02-2007, 06:49 PM

Um, maybe he shouldn't be the Champion? Maybe the people that were "supposed" to beat him are more deserving of that status?