PDA

View Full Version : 360 HDTV question

Boomer
01-02-2007, 01:10 PM
So I have an old 21" TV that works fine, but I have a 360 now. I just went to Best Buy, and saw an open box sale of the bottom-of-the-line Insignia 27" Tube HDTV for 299 bucks. What I want to know is, will I tell a difference in quality? The TV does up to 1080i, so I know it will be a better resolution, but will I actually be able to tell as compared to good old red yellow white connection? And since it is only 27", will I really be able to tell the difference?

Note: I'm not spending lots of money on a TV. My family doesn't even have HDTV. I'm buying this TV only specifically for the 360. In fact, this is probably the best deal I'm going to get on an HDTV. I don't have a job, and I don't need some bigass TV. I just want to be able to play my games in a better quality (if its worth it).

P.S. the TV is also 4:3 aspect ratio, which hopefully wouldn't cut down on the performance of the 360's image. I'm not sure what the TV will do when it gets the HD signal.

Boomer
01-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Meh I went ahead and did it. It looks good. Not sure if I can see a huge difference, but I can definitely see a difference with the small stuff, like text. I can actually read the plays on Madden now. I can stretch it to 4:3 or lose some screen and do 16:9. I actually like the 4:3 more, even though its a tiny bit stretched.