PDA

View Full Version : wii zapper, golf club, baseball bat and tennis racket (large pic, sorry)

G
01-02-2007, 07:29 PM
this is probably fan made, but is nintendo actually gonna come out with one of these?

http://gamesarefun.com/consoles/wii/zapper1.jpg

Destor
01-02-2007, 07:33 PM
That's real.

Kane Knight
01-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Wouldn't surprise me. We already have a steering Wii-eel

Xero
01-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Is there a point to releasing something like that which will be used in maybe four or five games?

I mean, honestly, why would anyone pay $20+ for something they can do with the remote in the first place?

Kane Knight
01-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Honestly, I'd buy it.

Xero
01-02-2007, 09:52 PM
I still don't see the amazing-ness in the whole motion gimmick to be honest. Could it be fun? I'm sure it is, but after a while the novelty is going to wear off and you'll have what amounts to a Nintendo Experiment. And frankly, I have serious doubts that the gimmick will live on as the main means of controlling systems after this generation. Just like the touch screen in the DS.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the software is great, it's the hardware that makes the whole thing feel like a bad experiment.

Destor
01-02-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't see why this controller gets the criticism. Whats so wrong with a new way to play? If the traditional controller can stand the test of time why cant this one? Especially since this is WAY more involving. I don't understand the skepticism. (The DS will be around for A LONG time to come btw.)

Xero
01-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I just see it as a failed attempt at being "different".

I'll admit, it's easier for the casual/non-gamer to get into it. But the Motion Sensing is only going to take you so far until you realize that you need more buttons, people want less or more movement, it's too sensitive, not sensitive enough, not accurate enough. There's potential, but it's going to come down to not being able to please a big enough audience. Plus the fact that the games force you to use the movement (vs. traditional gameplay) is going to make the industry completely rethink the fundamentals of gaming, and whether that would be good or bad I don't know.

And I still find it troubling that during all the hype, the thing they pushed the hardest after the controller itself was the VC. They relied on it to sell to the hardcore games, which is the only reason I'd ever consider buying it, and that says something about a brand new platform with a brand new gameplay scheme.

At this moment, I still believe it's a huge fucking mistake on Nintendo's part. Until I see some quality coming out of it (and I really haven't aside from maybe one game) I will keep believing that.

Fignuts
01-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Part of the reason this is being made is for the old zapper and superscope games that will be downloadable. Although, I can see this being pretty awesome for future fps games.

Fignuts
01-03-2007, 12:08 AM
While I myself have doubts about how long the novelty of the controller will last, I have to ask Xero: Have you actually even played it?

I played for hours at a friends house, and I have to say it was amazingly fun. It honestly doesn't feel like a gimmick once you sit down and start playing for a while. WHether this is a novelty which will wane over time, or a truly new way to play which will stay fresh with each new game, we can't tell at this juncture.

Destor
01-03-2007, 07:59 AM

I'll admit, it's easier for the casual/non-gamer to get into it. But the Motion Sensing is only going to take you so far until you realize that you need more buttons, people want less or more movement, it's too sensitive, not sensitive enough, not accurate enough. There's potential, but it's going to come down to not being able to please a big enough audience. Plus the fact that the games force you to use the movement (vs. traditional gameplay) is going to make the industry completely rethink the fundamentals of gaming, and whether that would be good or bad I don't know.

And I still find it troubling that during all the hype, the thing they pushed the hardest after the controller itself was the VC. They relied on it to sell to the hardcore games, which is the only reason I'd ever consider buying it, and that says something about a brand new platform with a brand new gameplay scheme.

At this moment, I still believe it's a huge fucking mistake on Nintendo's part. Until I see some quality coming out of it (and I really haven't aside from maybe one game) I will keep believing that.You lost me at failed.

Tornado
01-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Yeah I don't see how it can be cosidered a failure when people are still queuing up to buy it almost two months after it's release.

Kane Knight
01-03-2007, 08:52 AM
I still don't see the amazing-ness in the whole motion gimmick to be honest. Could it be fun? I'm sure it is, but after a while the novelty is going to wear off and you'll have what amounts to a Nintendo Experiment. And frankly, I have serious doubts that the gimmick will live on as the main means of controlling systems after this generation. Just like the touch screen in the DS.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the software is great, it's the hardware that makes the whole thing feel like a bad experiment.

I suppose it's cool if you want to view it as such.

What about the DS, though? The novelty has worn off on that, yes? Oh, right. Record-setting handheld. As such, it's going to be the face of gaming. Honestly, a few years is a long time in the gaming world, and the DS held its ground. Not only held ground, but has even taken the US market. I can't think of a reason to believe the Wii will do worse.

Xero
01-03-2007, 09:49 AM
I suppose it's cool if you want to view it as such.

What about the DS, though? The novelty has worn off on that, yes? Oh, right. Record-setting handheld. As such, it's going to be the face of gaming. Honestly, a few years is a long time in the gaming world, and the DS held its ground. Not only held ground, but has even taken the US market. I can't think of a reason to believe the Wii will do worse.
I have a DS, and the touch screen novelty had worn off months ago. Whenever I play it, I use the normal controls as much as possible. That doesn't mean it's a failure, no, but for my money, it could have done without the touch screen. The games are great, the controls, not so much.

While I myself have doubts about how long the novelty of the controller will last, I have to ask Xero: Have you actually even played it?

I played for hours at a friends house, and I have to say it was amazingly fun. It honestly doesn't feel like a gimmick once you sit down and start playing for a while. WHether this is a novelty which will wane over time, or a truly new way to play which will stay fresh with each new game, we can't tell at this juncture.

I'll admit, I haven't tried it yet, but I still see it as a gimmick. Maybe if I played it for a while it would grow on me, but I know I'll always see it as a gimmick.

Destor
01-03-2007, 09:51 AM
It didn't have to grow on me at all. Before I played I got worried, seriously worried, that I had wasted my money. and then I played. In ten minutes I had forgotten I was ever concerned. 80 hours later and I was convinced it was the preferred way to play. I'm sold. I suppose as Nintendo says, playing is believing.

Kane Knight
01-03-2007, 01:25 PM
I have a DS, and the touch screen novelty had worn off months ago. Whenever I play it, I use the normal controls as much as possible. That doesn't mean it's a failure, no, but for my money, it could have done without the touch screen. The games are great, the controls, not so much.

ah, but are you the majority, or has this changed the way people will game? The novelty wore off for you, but you were advocating with the Wii a novelty that won't alter the way the next gen works.

I don't think that's true, whether or not you like the controls. I think the DS demonstrates that there is a fanbase for people playing games differently, and I think that the Wii is the first step into an alternate gaming experience. Sure, it may need more buttons, more interactivity later, but isn't that what "Next Gen" systems do?

Besides, you seem Hell-Bent to write it off as a "failure" or a gimmick. You don't like it, I get it. You see it as a failure.

And honestly, I think mainstream consumers will prove you wrong.

Kane Knight
01-03-2007, 01:28 PM
It didn't have to grow on me at all. Before I played I got worried, seriously worried, that I had wasted my money. and then I played. In ten minutes I had forgotten I was ever concerned. 80 hours later and I was convinced it was the preferred way to play. I'm sold. I suppose as Nintendo says, playing is believing.

And it is. Far as I'm concerned, even if no real boxing or baseball game comes out, I'll keep whipping out Wii Sports.

It's infancy technolgy, and te boxing game has trouble recognising some of my strikes, but it's fun as all Hell.

Silent
01-03-2007, 01:45 PM

At this moment, I still believe it's a huge fucking mistake on Nintendo's part. Until I see some quality coming out of it (and I really haven't aside from maybe one game) I will keep believing that.

I don't think it's a failed attempt considering how difficult it is to find a system in stores. :-\

Kane Knight
01-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Also, what game system has "quality" for it when it first comes out? 360? No. PS3? No. DS? No. PSP? No.

Destor
01-03-2007, 02:09 PM
You can take it back much further than that.

Destor
01-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Two quality games max per launch.

G
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
speaking of wii sports and the like.....cannot wait for the 08 series of sports game like tiger woods to be using the remote and nunchuk. so awesome

Dave Youell
01-03-2007, 04:04 PM
That looks fucking sexy, I bought the G-Con for the PS2 and I'm sure I'll get this one, like the idea of just using the Wii mote as part of the gun, my only concern will be the weight issue, as the mote at that angle may be hard to use for long periods of time.

Can that be used with a the num chuck as well? I know there's a control stick on the gun, but I would think that would make moving around quite tough

G
01-03-2007, 04:22 PM
i'm sure there will be a plug on the bottom of the handle to hook up the nunchuk or other controller

Kane Knight
01-03-2007, 04:34 PM
You can take it back much further than that.

Oh, I know. Just going for recent memory.

Destor
01-03-2007, 04:36 PM
i'm sure there will be a plug on the bottom of the handle to hook up the nunchuk or other controllerNo, the peripheral does not have an attachment for another peripheral.

G
01-03-2007, 04:41 PM
No, the peripheral does not have an attachment for another peripheral.

i guess you know this since the gun has been officially announced

Destor
01-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Exactly.

G
01-03-2007, 06:42 PM
officially looks misspelled

G
01-03-2007, 06:43 PM
as does misspelled

Kane Knight
01-03-2007, 06:45 PM
as does does

Disturbed316
01-03-2007, 06:48 PM
The touch screen on the DS is pretty vital to some games, and it's what keeps me interested in some games, just for the simple fact it's different.

G
01-03-2007, 07:21 PM
i think i sprained my wrist playing baseball:(

Kane Knight
01-03-2007, 08:21 PM
The touch screen on the DS is pretty vital to some games, and it's what keeps me interested in some games, just for the simple fact it's different.

That's a poor reason to support something.

Dorkchop
01-03-2007, 08:30 PM
i think i sprained my wrist playing baseball:(

I whacked my cat in the face playing baseball. It's her fault though. She kept trying to lay on my lap, but I kept moving her away so I wouldn't hit her.

Dave Youell
01-04-2007, 03:15 AM
You know what would make that gun even cooler? If the Wii Mote acted more like a clip that you put into the handle, that would be sweet.

Now they need to work on a guitar....

D Mac
01-04-2007, 03:56 AM
Duck Hunt 2010

Disturbed316
01-04-2007, 09:51 AM
That's a poor reason to support something.

It's part reason as I stuck with Phoenix Wright so damn long, bastard game :mad:

Kane Knight
01-04-2007, 03:04 PM
PW is just a port anyway. It didn't originally use the TS.

Disturbed316
01-04-2007, 07:20 PM
I DONT CARE, THAT GAME WAS AWESOME, OKAY?!

Kane Knight
01-04-2007, 07:36 PM
You're not really helping the argument for the DS any.

G
01-04-2007, 07:40 PM
http://i18.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/82/03/d80a_1.JPG

Vietnamese Crippler
01-04-2007, 07:46 PM
:wtf:

G
01-04-2007, 07:46 PM
yeah some guy on ebay is selling like 50 of them

Mike the Metal Ed
01-04-2007, 07:51 PM
You're not really helping the argument for the DS any.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1635059

Disturbed316
01-04-2007, 08:01 PM
:heart: Pretty much what he said there, your honor :heart:

Kane Knight
01-04-2007, 11:37 PM
*refuses to read it, as that fad is as old and gay as Chuck Norris*

Disturbed316
01-05-2007, 09:18 AM
:roll:

Kane Knight
01-05-2007, 09:35 AM
If you gaytards want something read, stop with the lame fad posting.

Mike the Metal Ed
01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
http://www.lyris-lite.net/fu_archives/p_judge.jpg

The court finds Kane Knight to be a boring spoilsport. :p

Kane Knight
01-05-2007, 08:04 PM
I hold you in contempt of heterosexuality.

Mister Sinister
01-06-2007, 10:57 AM
I hold you in contempt of heterosexuality.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/Dt_214_winner_m4.jpg

Sorry, I can't make an ruling on that, Because I'm far too busy, being delicious

Funky Fly
01-07-2007, 03:39 AM
Xero, you do know that the Wii supports classic controller style play too, right?

LoDownM
01-07-2007, 03:43 AM
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=1635059

I remember when I first posted Objection! here 4 months ago.

Kane Knight
01-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Xero, you do know that the Wii supports classic controller style play too, right?

Which worries me, honestly.