PDA

View Full Version : I really miss "No Man's Land."

Kane Knight
01-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Remember when things that happened outside the ring were often not refereed? Some bastard heel could take his opponent outside, and not only hit him into the stairs (still generally okay), but choke the guy on the wires, and JR would scream how the ref was powerless because it was NO MAN'S LAND BAH GAWD!

I mean, I'd probably be annoyed if it was done every match, but I do kinda miss those days, just because so much went on, and it helped make you WANT to see the guy lose/get DQ'ed/get his ass whooped.

Mr. Nerfect
01-02-2007, 08:54 PM
I made a similar post elsewhere. I must admit, I was never aware it actually happened, though.

Maybe save DQs for interference, and just have the referee use countouts outside the ring? If I were starting my own wrestling promotion, I'd have the ringside area virtually lawless, with the actual ring being kept sacred.

Anybody Thrilla
01-03-2007, 12:07 PM
You know, I was wondering about that a few years ago when I was playing SvR. I didn't know if I could blast somebody with a weapon if I were on the outside of the ring. Turns out you get DQed for that.

Kane Knight
01-03-2007, 03:17 PM
You know, I was wondering about that a few years ago when I was playing SvR. I didn't know if I could blast somebody with a weapon if I were on the outside of the ring. Turns out you get DQed for that.

It'd be cool if you could turn that off as an option, at least.

Stickman
01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
I don't remember this at all.

Savio
01-03-2007, 03:28 PM
I think wcw vs nWo had that.

Kane Knight
01-03-2007, 05:41 PM
I don't remember this at all.

Nor does WWE, since it spands back longer than a week.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2007, 12:13 AM
This may be pushing things a little too "extreme" for the WWE's taste, but I wouldn't mind it if the ring ropes were legally usable in matches, either. Chokes could still be barred, as they are normally, but maybe make it so that moves like the Tarantula, or even variations of the Boston crab or camel clutch could be used.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Channeling Ring of Honor and ECW with this one (in a bizarre, love-child kind of way): Why not have wrestlers get three warnings? If heel smashes babyface with a steel chair, that is one warning. If heel low blows babyface to prevent him making a comeback, that's two warnings. If heel refuses to break submission hold, that's the third warning, and he's disqualified.

It may sound overly complex, and like it may change the way matches are done, but it could be pulled off in simpler matches, too. Just have the heel get a warning for pulling the hair, or raking the eyes. Maybe have the babyface get one warning for breaking a pin on his tag team partner, or firing up with right hands?

It would be pretty sweet, I think. Maybe have Theodore Long remind everyone he used to be a referee, so he's interested in the officiating sides of SmackDown! matches, and as such he is about to implement experimental rules.

Kayfabe fines for being DQ'd would be sweet, too. I've always thought wrestling's rules could be evolved.

M-A-G
01-04-2007, 03:32 AM
It'd be cool if you could turn that off as an option, at least.

You can.

Kane Knight
01-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Where's the match rule for "outside of ring disqualification?"