PDA

View Full Version : IF they did a Four Horsemen reunion...

Mr. Nerfect
01-02-2007, 08:50 PM
I'd like to see it consist of the following:

Chris Benoit
Jamie Noble
Brent Albright
Ric Flair

I dunno, I was just watching James Gibson's last Ring of Honor match, and realised how fucking awesome he is, and how misused he is by the WWE. He busted out the Texas Cloverleaf in that match, so it made me think of Dean Malenko, great wrestling and eventually, the Horsemen.

You've got Ric Flair as the kind of mouthpiece, Chris Benoit as the main eventer, and Noble and Albright as the "next generation" of technicians. Noble was trained by Malenko, and Albright idolises and emulates Chris Benoit.

Not saying bring them back, but I think blending old with new would be the only way the angle could possibly stand any constructive ground.

Loose Cannon
01-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Are you trying to put together the worst Four Horsemen group ever?

Caged Heat18
01-02-2007, 11:24 PM
I don't like that group of four together, but I do agree with you that Noble is horribly misused by the WWE. But than again you can say that about a lot of people in the WWE.

M-A-G
01-03-2007, 02:18 AM
*sigh*

The One
01-03-2007, 02:27 AM
Alienoid...you must THINK before you start spouting off things. Sometimes I swear you start out with a couple of SmackDown Cruiserweights, through in some random internet favorites, turn your brain off, and begin to write the first thing that comes to mind.

I assume this formation of the only collection of Horsemen worse than when Mongo was around comes at WrestleMania right after Spanky wins a 10-man ladder match for the IC Title but before Paul London is battling Val Venis for the WWE Title...

Ok, so that was a mjaor league ass of me, but honestly sometimes I don't get why you share these thoughts with us. Is it to hear us say "Yeah I want that too!"? Because if it is, you might want to rethink anything that puts those four men together, nevermind digging the Four Horsemen name from out of the graveyeard and trying to sell it as a potential breeding ground for a new generation.

M-A-G
01-03-2007, 02:38 AM
I pretty much said what One did but in so many words.

Stickman
01-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Worst 4 Horsemen ever.

NeanderCarl
01-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Of course, if WWE DID resurrect the Horsemen, it would probably look more like this:

Ric Flair
Chris Masters
The Great Khali
Finlay

.44 Magdalene
01-06-2007, 02:53 AM
Of course, if WWE DID resurrect the Horsemen, it would probably look more like this:

Ric Flair
Triple H
Dave Batista
Randy Orton

NeanderCarl
01-06-2007, 03:49 AM
:lol:

Crippla
01-06-2007, 04:56 AM
If they were going to do a Horseman reunion, I'd like it to be just that not a reformation. I'd like to see Flair, Benoit, Malenko, and even Arn Anderson reunite for a brief period of time. I'd also love to see Malenko wrestle again.

M-A-G
01-06-2007, 04:58 AM
Can we just stop with the resurrecting of old stuff?

Mr. Nerfect
01-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I pretty much said what One did but in so many words.

Nah, The One said it with class and dignity. You said it so you sounded like a complete tool.

Mr. Nerfect
01-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Are you trying to put together the worst Four Horsemen group ever?

What is so bad about the guys involved? Seriously? You offered no reason as to why James Gibson and Brent Albright would make horrible members. Albright is very similar to Chris Benoit, the guy is a fucking beast in the ring, and everyone knows Gibson can fucking go.

Rammsteinmad
01-06-2007, 07:51 PM
I agree with M-A-G about not bringing back old stuff, HOWEVER if they did, it woulda been awesome if it was at Survivor Series. Where Flair could announce he had three mystery partners and it was Benoit, Malenko and Anderson. :drool:

Mr. Nerfect
01-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Can we just stop with the resurrecting of old stuff?

Um, we're not doing it, the WWE is (See: D-Generation X). You know the WWE will try to promote the upcoming Horsemen DVD, and what easier way than reforming the stable? I may not like it, but if you put it past the WWE, you are a fool.

I never said it was a good idea. I never said I wanted to see it. The thread title and my post make it perfectly clear that this is only a hypothetical, and if the WWE were going to do it, here's how they could. I made it my belief that they should not have a bunch of old guys embarrassing themselves out there, and should past on the roles to younger guys to get them over, etc.

CanadianCrippla was the only guy who really got the point. The One made it clear that he's dead-set against the name being used ever again, and I agree with him on that. Everyone else just said "Worst Horsement ever", which is fucking retarded, because a paralysed Jamie Noble > Mongo McMichael.

I shared it with you, because I wanted to put forward the philosophy that nostalgia could be used to get younger guys over, instead of masturbaing the egos of Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Never mind.

.44 Magdalene
01-07-2007, 03:20 PM
There's a difference between not putting it past the WWE, and suggesting that this should happen. A new group of Horsemen isn't guaranteed, and hasn't even been rumored. I didn't even think about it until you started this thread.

Please don't try to disguise your crazy ideas as "well, they're gonna do it anyway." WWE needs to stop using nostalgia for everything, and start coming up with new shit. Yeah, old stables could get some younger guys over. So could new stables. Fresh ideas could serve the same damn purpose as tired ideas, but everyone wants to be lazy and go backward for their booking.

Loose Cannon
01-07-2007, 03:31 PM
that's his comeback for all his ridiculous ideas. That it's a "hypothetical situation" that he does not want to see, but the WWE will most likely do.

Xero
01-07-2007, 03:49 PM
that's his comeback for all his ridiculous ideas. That it's a "hypothetical situation" that he does not want to see, but the WWE will most likely do.
Except most of his ideas wouldn't make it into WWE, even when it was great. They're all mostly "mold together random smark favorites" ideas, and honestly wouldn't fly in anything other than maybe ROH.

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2007, 09:53 PM

No it's not. My comeback for all my ridiculous ideas is "That's what they could do, and I'd enjoy it more than the shit they've got now".

Mr. Nerfect
01-07-2007, 09:56 PM
There's a difference between not putting it past the WWE, and suggesting that this should happen. A new group of Horsemen isn't guaranteed, and hasn't even been rumored. I didn't even think about it until you started this thread.

Please don't try to disguise your crazy ideas as "well, they're gonna do it anyway." WWE needs to stop using nostalgia for everything, and start coming up with new shit. Yeah, old stables could get some younger guys over. So could new stables. Fresh ideas could serve the same damn purpose as tired ideas, but everyone wants to be lazy and go backward for their booking.

Dude, you're a great poster, I'm not going to belittle your intelligence. Just look at the thread title. It explains it all ;)

Horsement reunions have been the fears of smarks since the DVD was confirmed. The WWE hasn't said anything about it, but they never really said anything about DX, they just saw the crotch-chops flying, realised both guys were getting cheers, stuck them together.

Personally, I want to see Chris Benoit stay on SmackDown! as a main event, I want to see Jamie Noble get somewhat of a singles push (either towards the CW or US Titles). I'd just be happy to see Brent Albright back in the WWE. Ric Flair should really retire if he's going to stay face. Flair is respected as Hell these days, so it's hard to get him heat, but the guy is a heel, plain and simple.

.44 Magdalene
01-08-2007, 02:55 AM
I'd like to see it consist of the following:

Personally, I want to see Chris Benoit stay on SmackDown! as a main event, I want to see Jamie Noble get somewhat of a singles push (either towards the CW or US Titles). I'd just be happy to see Brent Albright back in the WWE. Ric Flair should really retire if he's going to stay face.

The DX reunion was foreshadowed at least a month in advance with HHH / Shawn Michaels moments, and Shawn's constantly being tortured by Vince. Not much of a heads up, but it's more of a warning signal than whatever the fuck would bring Jamie Noble and Brent Albright in with Benoit and Flair. I'm sure you're ready to bust out a long winded explaination as to how the fuck this smark favorite Brady Bunch would come together, though.

What they COULD do, and what I'd enjoy more than what they're doing now, is if they came up with something new and different instead of throwing together a new Four Horsemen. I'd rather sit around and come up with new shit than tack together some of my favorite wrestlers and do a thread about how over they could get with someone else's gimmick.

RP
01-08-2007, 04:43 AM
Is Koko B. Ware still alive? Whats he doing these days, selling bootleg videos in Brooklyn? Would he want to be a Horseman?

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2007, 05:21 AM
The DX reunion was foreshadowed at least a month in advance with HHH / Shawn Michaels moments, and Shawn's constantly being tortured by Vince. Not much of a heads up, but it's more of a warning signal than whatever the fuck would bring Jamie Noble and Brent Albright in with Benoit and Flair. I'm sure you're ready to bust out a long winded explaination as to how the fuck this smark favorite Brady Bunch would come together, though.

What they COULD do, and what I'd enjoy more than what they're doing now, is if they came up with something new and different instead of throwing together a new Four Horsemen. I'd rather sit around and come up with new shit than tack together some of my favorite wrestlers and do a thread about how over they could get with someone else's gimmick.

I'm sure the Horsemen reunion would be forshadowed for at least a month, too. I don't get your point. It's not beneath the WWE to do it. And I've already explained how it would come together. Read the post before you comment.

This thread is about reviving a dead angle, and how to make it as beneficial as possible to the current WWE scene. Don't want to participate? Leave, simple as that.

.44 Magdalene
01-08-2007, 05:53 AM
You didn't explain how it would come together. I did read the post. I even went back and reread it at your behest. I see the train of thought that somehow brought you to the Four Horsemen, and I see your justification for the wrestlers involved, but now how in the hell this would develop in the first place.

And I did participate. I participated by pointing out that reviving a dead angle is a stupid idea. I know it's not beneath WWE to do it, apparently it's not beneath you to do it, either...seeing as you've beaten them to the punch entirely. Again, no hints at all that this is going to happen, whether or not the smarks apparently fear it. It would be one thing if there were any actual reason to believe WWE was doing this, other than "it's not beneath them."

It's not beneath them to re-do Katie Vick, either, but I'm not going to do a whole thread about how Rob Conway and Gene Snitsky should be involved in the next Katie Vick angle. Kane's getting pushed as a bad ass again! That means it's time to bring him back down a notch, like WWE always does. It's not beneath them to re-do Katie Vick, and bringing back that angle could easily help get over younger guys like Rob Conway! Gene Snitsky has feuded with Kane in the past, and helped kill his baby. Rob Conway is small and cocky, and would therefore make an excellent contrast to Gene Snitsky in this setup. Not going to tell you how in the fuck this would all start, just explain why Gene and Rob are perfect for Katie Vick round 2.

I'm not doing it, the WWE is (See: D-Generation X). You know the WWE will try to depush Kane, and what easier way than reforming the Katie Vick angle? I may not like it, but if you put it past the WWE, you are a fool.

I never said it was a good idea. I never said I wanted to see it. My post has made it perfectly clear that this is only a hypothetical, and if the WWE were going to do it, here's how they could. I made it my belief that they should not have a bunch of old guys embarrassing themselves out there, and should past on the roles to younger guys to get them over, etc.

Mr. Nerfect
01-08-2007, 03:05 PM
You've actually done a better job of de-railing me than anyone else on these forums. :y:

I did explain it, James Gibson was trained by Dean Malenko, Brent Albright "trained" by Chris Benoit. If you need my usual play-by-play as to how a Horsemen reunion would come about, you're not going to get it here. I really don't give a shit about this idea to post it in such depth. I know I made the topic, but it was merely a suggestion on the style a way a dead angle would be revived. Ric Flair, Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko get together at a show, agree to revive the Horsemen, etc., etc. It's not rocket science.

You're Katie Vick scenario is a good point, and I can see where you're coming from, but we are talking about different specifics here. There have been threads about the Nation of Domination, and people have talked about that coming back, I simply threw my two cents out there for the best case scenario if the WWE decides to bring back the Horsemen in an attempt to make some cash. Granted, I doubt they'd use Jamie Noble if they wanted cash, but still.

Most of my ideas are just pipe-dreams. Especially my more recent ones. People take them too seriously. I realise I have no control over the WWE, so I just throw counterculture ideas out there. The One is quite write, I take smark favourites and cruiserweights and just stick them with ideas. Why? Because it would be so much better than their meaningless existence now. If I were actually booking, Val Venis wouldn't be main eventing, the Horsemen would not be back, but Kane would be looking like more of a badass than he is now.

Anyway, back to the Katie Vick thing. Just because there have been no Horsemen teases, we still fear it. No one really fears Katie Vick 2.0. I'm sure we fear something equally as stupid, which we are yet able to reference with a simple name, but a revived stable in this day in age is something that should not surprise anyone. If you were to make a threat entitled "The next stupid thing the WWE will do...", I will eagerly participate.