PDA

View Full Version : Imagine you're God....

M-A-G
01-15-2007, 09:12 PM
...or a god for our agnostic folk. What music style would you wipe off the face of the Earth and for what reason?

Me? Screw. WTF ARE YOU SAYING?!?!?!?!

Next?

UmbrellaCorporation
01-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Rap.

Simply because I have not heard one rap song I like, and pretty much loathe it all together.

Fryza
01-15-2007, 10:34 PM
This Pop-Punk/Emo garbage that has been bothering me for some time now.

MVP
01-15-2007, 10:49 PM
Toss up between rap and country.

Skippord
01-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Rap or Pop Punk

Londoner
01-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Rap

Silent
01-16-2007, 12:03 AM
White trash country.

El Fangel
01-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Rap, R&B, Hip-Hop. and any of its sub-genres. FFS the local radio DJ's would be out of jobs :)

Funky Fly
01-16-2007, 01:28 AM
All of you guys saying rap can suck my balls. Actually, no you can't because you'd probably enjoy it too much, what with being gay and all.

Unless you are talking about most of what plays on tv and radio these days, rap = ratings.

If I had to do away with a genre, it'd be that kind of crap where everyone sings like that guy from Green Day. Most annoying singing style ever.

El Fangel
01-16-2007, 01:56 AM
I agree Funky, that is annoying shit, but I dislike Rap, Hip-Hop and R&B because thats all I ever hear on radio, tv, news, all media in general. I hate hearing the same song 10+ times per day, especially If I didn't like it in the first place.

The Naitch
01-16-2007, 02:38 AM
God loves rap

El Vaquero de Infierno
01-16-2007, 05:09 AM
I too would go with rap and the sub genres surrounding it.

I've heard nothing that contradicts my views that it is banal, mediocre crap.

I could be wrong... but that's unlikely.:p

ct2k
01-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Pop punk/emo

ct2k
01-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Oh right, because they're both samey and full of singers that make me want to stab myself in the ass

Just John
01-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Yeah, same as ct2k

New rap is kinda shit, 90s rap (Tupac, NWA (and all the separte members), biggie, E40 etc. was incredible. Proof that popularity kills a genre.

Country? Dunno whats wrong with it, I like some country, but even if you dont, it keeps the old folks happy.

ron the dial
01-16-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't know. There aren't any genres of music that I outright hate. I seem to be able to find at least a band/group or two that enjoy. If I had to pick something, I'd go with country music because there's so much of it that I just can't stand.

Arnold HamNegger
01-16-2007, 04:07 PM
I'd wipe out Christian music and tell people to get on with their lives already.

El Fangel
01-16-2007, 04:24 PM
I would get rid of sceamo, Its gawd-awful, and very awful, I mean I cannot explain how awful it is.

ron the dial
01-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I'd wipe out Christian music and tell people to get on with their lives already.
Christian: Our God is an awesome God, He reigns in...:SHOT IN THE FACE:

I guess I just forgot that Christian music existed. Get it out of here.

KingofOldSchool
01-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Pop punk/emo

Arashi Kage
01-16-2007, 06:55 PM
If I had to do away with a genre, it'd be that kind of crap where everyone sings like that guy from Green Day. Most annoying singing style ever.

Agreed.

But my first choice for elimination is rap, hip-hop, etc. As for why.... I guess it's the whole image behind that "music", along with the fact that I really don't enjoy hearing it.

Bazooka
01-16-2007, 07:07 PM
country and over-religious music.

Indifferent Clox
01-16-2007, 07:27 PM
You guys are all saying if you were god you'd get rid of rap, but Funky is god, so rap stays! plus what about aesop rock, sage, atmosphere, Gym class heroes, dose one, and wu tang? what about those guys?

I'd have to say the genre I'd get rid of is the genre that is Bad Christian Rock, If I'm God I'm tired of sucky musicians giving me a bad name.

Champion of Europa
01-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Christian. I find that almost none of it is worth anything.

El Fangel
01-16-2007, 07:46 PM
It sounds funny, that God, or Godlike figure would get rid of his followers music. :-\

MVP
01-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Only according to you Christians

El Fangel
01-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Im not christian, Im agnostic.

Funky Fly
01-16-2007, 10:54 PM
You guys are all saying if you were god you'd get rid of rap, but Funky is god, so rap stays! plus what about aesop rock, sage, atmosphere, Gym class heroes, dose one, and wu tang? what about those guys?
Despite all those guys =ing ratings, everyone here only seems to know the likes of 50 Cent and company. All the worthwhile guys get no love. :'(

Indifferent Clox
01-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Hell, Lady Sovereign and Eminem aren't bad either and they're more mainstream than my above mentioned artists besides Wu Tang.

I don't think I'd realistically destroy any genre they all have good sides, even country (Johnny Cash, Dixie Chicks (maybe), Waylon Jennings, Ryan Adams, Wilco, Gomez, Some bright eyes, willie Nelson, Hank Williams etc.) and Christian Rock (pedro the Lion.... um.... welll Pedro the lion).

El Fangel
01-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Despite all those guys =ing ratings, everyone here only seems to know the likes of 50 Cent and company. All the worthwhile guys get no love. :'(

Dude all we ever get was "I got shot 9 times, and because of it Im a famous rapper"

Shoved in our faces day in and out, older late 80's -late 90's rap was decent, and I cold listen to it if I wanted, but rap nowadays I would rather stan my eardrums with a q-tip.

Funky Fly
01-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Dude all we ever get was "I got shot 9 times, and because of it Im a famous rapper"

Shoved in our faces day in and out, older late 80's -late 90's rap was decent, and I cold listen to it if I wanted, but rap nowadays I would rather stan my eardrums with a q-tip.
There is still good rap coming out. It just gets no airplay.

ron the dial
01-17-2007, 09:56 AM
That pertains to almost all music. If you want hear what a genre really has to offer, you've got to dig deeper than what the mainstream is going to provide.

MVP
01-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Im not christian, Im agnostic.

:y:

Kane Knight
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
It sounds funny, that God, or Godlike figure would get rid of his followers music. :-\

As God, I can tell you these assholes ain't following my message.

Anyway, being all-powerful, I'd be torn between angstcore (whiny emo bullshit) and Christian. Both are basically bland shit catering to a large group of braindead fuckwits.

Techno/Trance and all offshoots gain my emnity, too, but not enough to wipe out.

Crippla
01-18-2007, 04:03 PM
This Pop-Punk/Emo garbage that has been bothering me for some time now.
YES, I can't stand that shit and every single song sounds the same.

Just John
01-18-2007, 04:05 PM
YES, I can't stand that shit and every single song sounds the same.

real funny nerF

Kane Knight
01-18-2007, 07:47 PM
are you defending emo, jj? I know your taste in music sucks, but really

Crippla
01-18-2007, 07:51 PM
No, he thinks he's being funny by going around calling me NerF in every thread.

Kane Knight
01-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Nothing funny about acknowledging you at all.

El Fangel
01-18-2007, 10:29 PM
As God, I can tell you these assholes ain't following my message.

Anyway, being all-powerful, I'd be torn between angstcore (whiny emo bullshit) and Christian. Both are basically bland shit catering to a large group of braindead fuckwits.

Techno/Trance and all offshoots gain my emnity, too, but not enough to wipe out.

Thats some funny shit. I like how you call them braindead fuckwits, as most of them are.

Gertner
01-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Emo by a longshot

Skippord
01-21-2007, 03:08 AM
I change my vote

Blitz
01-21-2007, 03:29 AM
Emo is fantastic.

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Replace "fantastic" with "mediocre at best" and we agree.

Crippla
01-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Mediocre? Don't overrate it, KK.

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Mediocre? Don't overrate it, KK. I would have put good money on you being emo. Are you a country fan, then?

Crippla
01-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Not really. I do like some country though.

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Not really. I do like some country though.

So what exactly do you like?

For the record, both my parents are country fans, so some of it rubbed off on me. I sat down and learned to play the entire Swinging Steaks "Southside of the Sky" record, minus like one track.

Crippla
01-21-2007, 05:33 PM
So what exactly do you like?

For the record, both my parents are country fans, so some of it rubbed off on me. I sat down and learned to play the entire Swinging Steaks "Southside of the Sky" record, minus like one track.
I don't really stick to one genre. I listen to a variety of different types of music, there's usually "good" and "bad" of every kind of music but I haven't heard any of this emo shit that I actually like. It all sounds the same too.

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 06:28 PM
I don't really stick to one genre. I listen to a variety of different types of music, there's usually "good" and "bad" of every kind of music but I haven't heard any of this emo shit that I actually like. It all sounds the same too.

A variety of types of music such as...?

And you do realise that, despite your argument abot "good" and "bad" music, you've essentially just used the same argument most people use for describing a genre they just don't like, period?

Crippla
01-21-2007, 06:52 PM
I meant there is 'good' and 'bad' of most genres imo. I just can't stand this emo shit. I'll listen to some country, rap, rock, etc. Almost everything except this shit which all sounds the same imo.

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 08:43 PM
I meant there is 'good' and 'bad' of most genres imo. I just can't stand this emo shit. I'll listen to some country, rap, rock, etc. Almost everything except this shit which all sounds the same imo.

And that's what other people say.

There is some decent Emo. I won't exactly be going to any concerts with 12 year old faggots any time soon, but that's partially just because I'm not Catholic.

Examples I can name off the top of my head:

Fall Out Boy actually has a couple decent songs.
Jimmy Eat World. I only liked one record enough to buy, but they've got some decent material otherwise.
Coheed and Cambria: Though many people don't call them emo, including a lot of emo fans (Partially due to being talented, I assume), they are probably the only band in the emo genre I can listen to on a regular basis.

Actually, like a lot of rap, a lot of metal/industrial, and a lot of goth, emo gets better if you just ignore the little pussies whining about whatever worthless shit they think is important. Nine Inch Nails, for example, often features lyrics which are fucking GAYTARDED. Doesn't make them a bad act.

Though comparing NiN to emo seems a bit absurd, as Trent tends to actually surround himself with people who can play without sounding like shit, but there are some decent acts. Especially if you drown out the pussy lyrics, and listen for the guitarists/bassists/drummers who will be awesome once they hit puberty and join a real band. ;)

Now, if that isn't a backhanded compliment, I don't know what it.