PDA

View Full Version : That was so much better than last week (Raw Spoilers)

FourFifty
01-16-2007, 02:13 AM
Maybe I'm comparing it to last week's Raw too much, but I had a lot of fun watching Raw tonight. Everything about it was just freaking awesome! I was not expecting the Carlito/Vince thingie to happen, or Ron Simmions taking the masterlock challange only to end with a run in by Super Crazy!
After Carltio said Vince sucked I damn near jumped out of my chair and said "THAT'S MY NEW FAVORITE WRESTLER!" Same thing with Ron taking the masterlock, and that tornado DDT that Super Crazy did. It wasn't the greatest show, and the moment we all saw Ric Flair say he'll take HBK's side I'm sure we all knew what was going to happen... but damn, that was a great show.

Jeritron
01-16-2007, 02:38 AM
It was certainly better than last week, all in all I felt it was a pretty good show for how things have been lately. But I wouldn't call it great.

addy2hotty
01-16-2007, 08:57 AM
It was a much better show, I'll give it that. But as Jerry says, it wasn't great.

Mainly because Vince admitted on screen that they know their product is shit, but he doesn't care. As he knows better. Cena wasn't all over the show, which made it all the fresher.

When Carlito came out during Vince's segment, I sat up and took notice for the first time in forever, and then all they did was feed him to Khali. I guess we'll see if a Vince/Carlito feud will happen. I can't really see it sadly. Nor can I see it meaning a Rumble win for 'Caribbean Cool' (that was pretty good how JR called him that again).

DX lives in what was probably the best match on Raw for a long while. Was hoping Hall would appear to help Michaels, but to no avail. The seeds for the end of Rated RKO have been sown, hopefully the Rumble will end it and lead us to a Edge/Orton match at Mania (after they lose the titles to Cryme Tyme next week).

Alright show, 5/10.

KingofOldSchool
01-16-2007, 09:56 AM
I see HBK/Edge and Orton/Cena at Mania.

Xero
01-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Loved the Masterlock segment, simply because I'm a DAMNed mark for Simmons.

And honestly, I'm intrigued to see how far they take the "Vince knows best" angle. I mean, the first step is admitting you have a problem, right?

Kane Knight
01-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Better than a steaming pile of shit=a slightly cooler pile of shit?

TerranRich
01-16-2007, 11:44 AM
I mean, the first step is admitting you have a problem, right?

Genius. :y:

Indifferent Clox
01-16-2007, 01:05 PM
I thought Smackdown was excellent this week and I marked out for Carlito as well.

Stickman
01-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Did anybody else find it rather amusing that after the security took all the DX signs there was still a whole bunch facing the camera?

Xero
01-16-2007, 03:37 PM
I think most of those signs were plants because a good majority had black backs.

XL
01-16-2007, 04:36 PM
And honestly, I'm intrigued to see how far they take the "Vince knows best" angle.
I'm thinking one of those reality TV shows where a camera crew follows Vince around all day doing "normal" things whilst not noticing that the camera is there.

And no doubt they'll put it up against a similar but rival show to re-create the Monday Night Wars.

Which side will you be watching??

Vince Knows Best? OR Hogan Knows Best?

(PS If this is what brings Hogan back in the run up to Mania...don't be surprised!)

DAMN iNATOR
01-16-2007, 06:57 PM
...Same thing with Ron taking the masterlock, and that tornado DDT that Super Crazy did.
(edited for length)

Yeah, I'd love to see Simmons kick Masters' and Crazy's asses after that BS...:nono: