PDA

View Full Version : How well do you communicate when playing online?

road doggy dogg
02-17-2004, 05:18 AM
Yeah, when you play a game online, how well do you communicate with your allies/enemies? Are you one of those guys who is a retard and is like "omg r0x0r i just pwned ur base GG" then think you're the man? Or are you more like laid back and all that, not really talkative at all?

Me personally, if I'm playing a game with nobody I know, I'm kinda quiet, try not to piss anyone off (especially allies, since they have an annoying habit of leaving games if you yell at them). I try and be helpful. I usually use proper spelling/grammar within reason. It IS a game environment after all, so using some abbreviations and the like is necessary unless you want to die a horrible death. Like for instance in a FPS game if someone totally rapes you with a sniper rifle I'd probably type like "ns" instead of "nice shot" or whatever.

If I'm playing a game with someone I know, like Ant or RBM, I tend to just joke around and stuff. I don't really act like a dick to anyone unless they're inhumanly stupid, or are acting like idiots themselves.

Also, lately I've been playing a lot of ToB in Warcraft with RBM and a couple others... they convinced me to get this one program, Ventrilo, which is basically just a program that lets you talk to your allies and stuff. It's really really helpful. Instead of typing like, "hey red can you heal me?" to an ally, you basically just have to ask them. Of course, this only works if you're playing with friends or whatever, but it's infinitely better for teamwork reasons. It's so much easier to talk instead of type.

So anywho, how is everyone else online? If any of you are the type of people that go into games and harass people and type like retards, then proceed to get your ass kicked, I will knife you.

Jonster
02-17-2004, 08:30 AM
<font color="#99CCFF">I'm pretty much the same but it depends on my mood too.
I was joking around and stuff with some people on counter strike last night on one of the uk2 servers, but we're kinda becomming regulars there.
If I haven't seen them much I'm usually quiet unless it's something important.
And I type properly.

Not sure if you play on Xbox Live, but it's kinda the same there, except I can be more talkative.
If I'm playing a fps or something, I'm more likely to tell my team mates info about where the others are, or strategy for the round, or whatever, than if I'm playing on a pc.
If it's a racing game or sports game, then if the people are alright then we sometimes have a general chat while racing, as well as complamenting each other on any good shots, overtakes, etc. This is especially true of Links 2004, where it's a more laid back game.
However, I generally only play Links 2004 with people I know anyway, or have at least played online a lot with. There's nothing worse than 18 holes of golf in silence.

That's about the jist of it.</font>

Y2Ant
02-17-2004, 08:40 AM
I like to punk out this n00b called Tonavin, he is the biggest punk of all ti- I mean uh nevermind :shifty:

In random team on WC or whatever i'll have no hesitation in asking someone something if I really need to, usually they tell me whatever I want to know without being a spaz.

Obviously with U, bM and KlowN etc i'm a lot more talkative. Although this Ventrilo thing sounds awesome, I tend to play online with you guys late at night when people are in bed herre, and even if I weren't, i'd be too shy to talk anyway :$

Although I would punk out RBM :foc:

road doggy dogg
02-17-2004, 08:59 AM
I would also like to add that the commercial for that NFL game on X-Box a while back was the funniest ****ing thing ever.

"Your defense, is offensive."

:love:

Mike the Metal Ed
02-17-2004, 09:03 AM
If I'm playing on Yahoo/Electrotank against someone I don't know then I won't talk unless they start.

If I'm playing Worms 2 against my mate though I always taunt him and try to put him off. Then I lose.

Karma sucks. :(

DS
02-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Depends on what I'm playing I guess. Like in SOCOM, I hardly talk at all unless there are some people on there actually calling out tactics, then I will join. In Unreal Championship 2004 I get really angry so if I kill some guy who's been getting really cheap kills I'll mock him with taunts or say something. In Syphon Filter: Omega Strain I talk quite a bit but other then that I rarely talk.

Bad Guy
02-17-2004, 04:03 PM
I'm 100% team player. If I see that all we have are rangers, I'll move over to a tech. If my teammates dont know how to play I'll tell them to stay on defense while I go on offense. However if there are assholes online that act all shi</>tty then I'll kill them.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-17-2004, 04:52 PM
I've played XBOX Online over my friends house and I only played Counter Strike and all the kids where like bitches and kept giving commands and shit. I'm not down with all that I just do my own thing.

Maybe If I was playing a game online I actaully liked I'd be different. I played you guys a few times in AoE and got my ass kicked haha

road doggy dogg
02-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Haha yeah that was like, that one summer where we all played it every day, and that was like your first game. Kinda unfair :cool:

Ninti the Mad
02-17-2004, 06:29 PM
I use teamspeak for microphone action.

I usually pinpoint enemy locations and ask for back up and whatnot.

BF1942 is the best game ever.

DS
02-17-2004, 07:38 PM
That it is Ninti.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Haha yeah that was like, that one summer where we all played it every day, and that was like your first game. Kinda unfair :cool:
I got that game and played it like 3 or 4 times

Oh well I didnt pay for it :cool:

Y2Ant
02-18-2004, 08:48 PM
Me neither :yes:

Boondock Saint
02-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Only online game I really play is Medal of Honor Allied Assault. Usually I just do my own thing. Unless I play with a friend, and we'll just shoot the shit and maybe talk to each other about covering each other or whatnot.

Starcraft I blow at so when I play with my friends I just insult them and make them feel bad for attacking such a weak base.

HeartBreakMan2k
02-18-2004, 11:46 PM
Depends on how comfortable I am with the game. If it's something like Delta Force, which I'm great at then I talk a lot to my team. Something like Red Faction when I first started playing, I didn't really talk a lot because I was still trying to figure out how to play.

Dragon
02-18-2004, 11:46 PM
I dunno, I joke a lot, but tend to really not talk all that much.