PDA

View Full Version : oh no its happening.....

Savio
01-20-2007, 10:28 AM
The New Orlean sob storys are starting to clutter up ESPN. I was worried about this. THANKS ALOT BREES.

Crippla
01-20-2007, 10:29 AM
:nono:

Savio
01-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Thank you crippla for agreeing.

Crippla
01-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah, fuck New Orleans.

Crippla
01-20-2007, 11:22 AM
It's all bullshit, this doesn't have a big effect on The Saints.

Kris P Lettus
01-20-2007, 02:21 PM
You guys are fucking idiots..

this doesn't have a big effect on The Saints.

The Saints have that big of an affect on the community..

This is like a white person telling a black guy to not get upset at the "N word".. If you aren't from here, or haven't been back since Katrina you will never understand..

Since August 29, 2005, not life has not been the same and never will be.. And I am one of the "lucky" ones.. I have a place to live and a job.. Some people aren't as lucky as me..

But then again, y'all can sit up North in your parents house and cast judgement on the pure emotion that is driving the Gulf South and the New Orleans Saints because it doesn't effect you..

I am so sorry that your sports channel has been so badly effected.. I'm sure the families that are still homeless a year and a half later apologize for ESPN's reporting on this tragidy has negativly effect your life..

Way to have your priorities in line..

VonErichLives
01-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Kris, I'm just curious (not questioning the truth just asking for you to explain) what effect the Saints have on the community down there.

Are they seen as the "bright spot to look foreward to" or are more people still concerned with how much work still needs to be done to care about a "sports team".

Also, what type of turnouts do the games get, is it more a corporate/business crowd or are the average jills and joes able to get their hands on tickets?

Crippla
01-20-2007, 02:41 PM
You guys are fucking idiots..

The Saints have that big of an affect on the community..

This is like a white person telling a black guy to not get upset at the "N word".. If you aren't from here, or haven't been back since Katrina you will never understand..

Since August 29, 2005, not life has not been the same and never will be.. And I am one of the "lucky" ones.. I have a place to live and a job.. Some people aren't as lucky as me..

But then again, y'all can sit up North in your parents house and cast judgement on the pure emotion that is driving the Gulf South and the New Orleans Saints because it doesn't effect you..

I am so sorry that your sports channel has been so badly effected.. I'm sure the families that are still homeless a year and a half later apologize for ESPN's reporting on this tragidy has negativly effect your life..

Way to have your priorities in line..
I understand the families down there without homes and everything. But ffs, the Saints are not that important in that way and they keep getting all jumbled in with the whole thing.

Kris P Lettus
01-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Kris, I'm just curious (not questioning the truth just asking for you to explain) what effect the Saints have on the community down there.

Are they seen as the "bright spot to look foreward to" or are more people still concerned with how much work still needs to be done to care about a "sports team".

Also, what type of turnouts do the games get, is it more a corporate/business crowd or are the average jills and joes able to get their hands on tickets?

Mostly hard working blue collar types go to games.. I was one of those 2 years ago.. It's something great happening in a city that hasn't seen too much of anything good in almost 2 years.. There's a big article with Drew Brees in the new SI.. He said the whole time he's lived in NOLA that people don't come up like "Good game, can I have your autograph??", they say "Thank you guys for what you've done".. Like after 9/11, The Patriots won the Super Bowl and sorta came "America's Team".. This is a similar situation.. It's kinda a metaphor for "rebuilding N.O.".. Saints have sucked for 40 years.. One year after the greatest natural disaster in America's history is the year they become great.. Come on.. How storybook is that??

Anyone who mocks or denies it is just hating.. And as I said, if you are not from here, I don't expect you to "get it".. But to completely cast off the powerful emotion that is driving this team and the enitre Gulf region is stupid and you guys should be ashamed of yourselves..

Kris P Lettus
01-20-2007, 02:56 PM
I understand the families down there without homes and everything. But ffs, the Saints are not that important in that way and they keep getting all jumbled in with the whole thing.

You live in Mass..

How can you tell me, someone who LOST HIS HOME IN KATRINA, that the Saints aren't that important to me and my people??

Crippla
01-20-2007, 03:00 PM
You live in Mass..

How can you tell me, someone who LOST HIS HOME IN KATRINA, that the Saints aren't that important to me and my people??
So the number one priority for the people who lost their home and everything else to a hurricane is their football team.

Kris P Lettus
01-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Number one priority is gaining hope and faith in life in general..

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah I really don't get how you guys can complain about this being a lead story. It is pretty crazy, the Saints won 1 playoff game in 40 years. Now they make it to the NFC Championship game (with a real good chance at a Superbowl) after coming off a season where their homefield was used as a diaster shelter

While the football team may not give these people their neighborhoods back or whatever, it gives them something to be upbeat about. Its called being associated with the team, we all do it. The Patriots winning or losing won't impact my life that greatly, but it'll be fucking awesome if they win..and I'll probably be in a really good mood for the rest of the week. Most of you even take the association way too far, saying "We are gonna win on Sunday" and shit like, last time I checked nobody on TPWW plays in the NFL. So you can all shut the fuck up.

Even take away the Katrina thing and it is still fucking crazy, somehow they got the best player in the draft with the #2 pick, picked up a Pro Bowl QB coming off an injury who wasn't even suppose to do anything this year Culpepper style and have a rookie wideout picked in like the 6th round from Hofstra tearing it up...what? Hofstra?

Savio
01-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Hurricane Ditka is gonna take em out

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-20-2007, 04:17 PM
lol

I know that was horrible but I cant lie I laughed

VonErichLives
01-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Mostly hard working blue collar types go to games.. I was one of those 2 years ago.. It's something great happening in a city that hasn't seen too much of anything good in almost 2 years.. There's a big article with Drew Brees in the new SI.. He said the whole time he's lived in NOLA that people don't come up like "Good game, can I have your autograph??", they say "Thank you guys for what you've done".. Like after 9/11, The Patriots won the Super Bowl and sorta came "America's Team".. This is a similar situation.. It's kinda a metaphor for "rebuilding N.O.".. Saints have sucked for 40 years.. One year after the greatest natural disaster in America's history is the year they become great.. Come on.. How storybook is that??

Anyone who mocks or denies it is just hating.. And as I said, if you are not from here, I don't expect you to "get it".. But to completely cast off the powerful emotion that is driving this team and the enitre Gulf region is stupid and you guys should be ashamed of yourselves..

Makes sense, a interesting note on the Pats the first game after 9/11 was when Bledose got knocked out.

I know there's been talk that McCalister and Horn have done a lot for the area, it's cool to hear about Brees relationship with the people.

Well, my pick when the playoffs started was Pats vs. NO, hope to see you there!

Kris P Lettus
01-20-2007, 07:18 PM
I love you, Michael Stima..

Bush paid to rebuild a high school stadium that like 10 NOLA and Metairie high schools use..

All of the team have done a great amount.. And me as a lifelong fan and hurricane survivor love them for it..

Savio
01-20-2007, 07:37 PM
I have no problem with them helping out and stuff but I don't want to hear the story about how they deserve to win the superbowl because of Katrina. The only way they deserve to win the superbowl is if they are better then the other teams.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Has ESPN come out and said that? I often wonder what ESPN TPWW watches sometimes because I really don't see the same shit.

Obviously they are going to talk about Katrina when talking about the Saints, they did the same with the Yankees with 9/11...its just natural..what are they suppose to do? Just ignore it?

Kris P Lettus
01-20-2007, 10:01 PM
I am so sorry that your sports channel has been so badly effected.. I'm sure the families that are still homeless a year and a half later apologize for ESPN's reporting on this tragady has negativly effected your life..

Savio
01-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Has ESPN come out and said that? I often wonder what ESPN TPWW watches sometimes because I really don't see the same shit.

Obviously they are going to talk about Katrina when talking about the Saints, they did the same with the Yankees with 9/11...its just natural..what are they suppose to do? Just ignore it?they said it earlier in the season yes.

Kris P Lettus
01-22-2007, 07:15 AM
No they didn't..

Savio
01-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Ya they did.

The Outlaw
01-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Doubt it.

Shisen Kopf
02-03-2007, 05:00 AM
wah. Detroit had riots in 67 and in 68 they won the WS. So what? Michigan has a shitty unemployment right now and Ford is almost ruined. So, you know what, its only fair that the Red Wings win the Stanley Cup:roll: I am so glad the Saints lost to the Bears. Also, after 9/11 wouldnt it have been better if the Yankees had beaten the D-backs? I mean, for emotional reasons

Savio
02-03-2007, 02:57 PM
I guess the Lions shoulda won the superbowl this year :(

Jesus Shuttlesworth
02-03-2007, 03:31 PM
No way, Manning deserves it more then other player in the NFL!