PDA

View Full Version : When the fuck are they going to do something with Eugene?

Mr. Nerfect
01-21-2007, 04:40 AM
Seriously, I don't know why, but I just became very pissed off about the WWE's treatment of Eugene. I was a little optimistic that they were going to do something with his heel turn, but watching Heat it appears he is back to being babyface Eugene.

His work with Val Venis as a heel made me appreciate Nick Dinsmore, and the fact that the WWE is shitting this away is really pissing me off.

Some things Nick Dinsmore could do that would be better than what he is doing currently:

Do a Chaz, break character, and become serious

Eugene is being a retard in an interview with Maria, he says he can't do this anymore, and he just says that if Vince wants to fire him, then so be it, he's gone to rehab playing this stupid character, and he wants to stop and start wrestling.

Eugene jumps over to SmackDown!, and joins up with William Regal & Dave Taylor

Eugene was trained by William Regal in kayfabe terms, so having Eugene re-form an alliance with his mentor wouldn't be so bad. A heel Eugene vs. Chris Benoit? That would kick so much ass. Have him then just drop the gimmick. Why? Because it's so unnecessary.

Team him up with Rob Conway

Don't explain it, just have them go to SmackDown! and wrestle Paul London & Brian Kendrick for the WWE Tag Team Championship. If they really wanted a reason for dropping the "Eugene" character, explain that RAW management is making him do it, and he's sick of it, so he jumps to SmackDown!. It builds them up further as the "wrestling" show, and it gives them their own identity in WWE land.

Fucking WWE. Stop being lazy and give us Nick motherfucking Dinsmore.

The Naitch
01-21-2007, 04:45 AM
Eugene is probably one of the main reasons why I tune into RAW

I don't really like serious characters unless they are in the main event

There's nobody who has the same niche as Eugene right now

I want to be entertained and Eugene is damn entertaining

The Naitch
01-21-2007, 04:46 AM
plus he reminds me of the real life Nervous Ferret

Mr. Nerfect
01-21-2007, 05:10 AM
If they keep the Eugene character alive, I want to see it used for awesome purposes. I want Eugene to get interviewed by Maria, and have him be like "I've never been with a woman before", and have Eugene try and coerce Maria into sleeping with him.

Have him use his "disability" to blindside his opponents. Make it painfully obvious "Eugene" is a crafty guy pretending to be retarded.

Then move him over to SmackDown! and team with the man who fooled us into thinking he loved the French. There, both Nick Dinsmore and Rob Conway are conmen.

The Naitch
01-21-2007, 05:30 AM
yeah initially in 2004 he got a strong push by being 'buddies' with Evolution which culminated to his feud with Triple H

He must've pissed someone off backstage

Whenever I see him on TV I light up. I think alot of the casual fans would get bored of his serious character (Nick Dinsmore).

I'm willing to say that Eugene is in my Top 5 favorite WWE characters right now.

I know what you mean though, there is so much potential with Eugene, but lately he's not getting as much air time

the wwe champion
01-21-2007, 07:23 AM
If Umaga can build up a feud with Cena, so can Eugene.
This guy had an awesome rookie year. He screwed up with this stupid
Eugene charecter but he made the best out of it. He had an interveiw
with Rocky and a match with Triple-H at Summer Slam.

Eugene's downfall started when he tapped out to Edge's submission manuver.
He had a decent World Tag Team title defense at New Year's defense.
Shit happened as he got injured and he hasn't been the same yet.
The only cool thing happened to him was that he defeated The McMahons
last year.

Mr. Nerfect
01-21-2007, 08:58 AM
I really think an obvious faking of his condition would be the best way to go. Have him try and bang Maria, get title shots out of sympathy, and what have you. This is probably beyond the capabilities of the writing team, but if they could find a way to make Eugene kind of an Eddie Guerrero-type "does whatever it takes to win, yet still has a kind of charm about him" character, I could see myself really getting into the angle. Just replace Eddie's "Lie, cheat and steal" philosophy with Eugene playing the sympathy card.

I know no one watched it, but on Heat, Todd Grisham was implying that Eugene was "faking being stupid". The WWE has shit away every opportunity to have him come out and yell "surprise!", so I guess a slow-burn could work.

Mr. Nerfect
01-21-2007, 09:00 AM
By the way, I'm not so much against the Eugene character, as I am against Nick Dinsmore not being able to use his skills. Heel Eugene seemed to actually wrestle, so when I talk about these "faking" scenarios, it doesn't have to lead to him getting a haircut and different attire straight away.

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 09:08 AM
They ARE doing something. Letting him rot on contract.

Mr. Nerfect
01-21-2007, 09:11 AM
They ARE doing something. Letting him rot on contract.

It will be interesting to see what happens when it comes up. Does he stay and do shit all, or does he go out, throw away what I assume is a fair bit of money, and work in TNA and ROH?

I know which one I'm hoping for. Come on WWE, don't fuck up with Nick.

Jeritron
01-21-2007, 09:22 AM
He got over as a retard. What do you expect?

Xero
01-21-2007, 09:34 AM
A few weeks ago WrestleCrap Radio said that he should pull his pants down and shake his dick at the crowd yelling "I'M SPECIAL".

Still laughing at the idea of that.

Pepsi Man
01-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Ugh. I hate when people try to break kayfabe but use it at the same time. "I'm not the retard you've seen for years, but yet you saw Regal train me, and that was real!"

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 10:53 AM
It will be interesting to see what happens when it comes up. Does he stay and do shit all, or does he go out, throw away what I assume is a fair bit of money, and work in TNA and ROH?

I know which one I'm hoping for. Come on WWE, don't fuck up with Nick.

I don't think WWE feels too threatened by someone known as a retard going to TNA.

There's a joke in there, but I'll cut Fox a break for once.

Anyway, Ithink he'd be one of the few guys where if he went to TNA and then cut the usual "WWE sucks they abused me raaaar" Promos, I'd enjoy it and probably markdaphukkoutt

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 10:54 AM
A few weeks ago WrestleCrap Radio said that he should pull his pants down and shake his dick at the crowd yelling "I'M SPECIAL".

Still laughing at the idea of that.

I wonder how that would pan out.

If he was well hung, that's instant heel heat from the guys, but face pops from the ladies. If he's not, then it's laughter from the women, laughter from the men. And if he's average...I don't know.

Crippla
01-21-2007, 10:57 AM
The "Eugene" character is very stale at this point. They have done nothing new with him at all and even when they turned him heel which was potentially a fresh new angle for Eugene possibly an overall gimmick change, they just completely seemed to have forgot about it. They need to at least do something interesting with the character if they're going to keep him. Dinsmore deserves a lot more than this though despite not liking the character(I've heard this anyway), he's continued to have a great workrate for 2 years. My point is if WWE just drops the ball on him, Dinsmore is going to be unhappy and they're going to lose yet another talented worker. It's always sad to see someone like that misused.

Gertner
01-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Ugh, why did they turn him face.

I was looking forward to seeing his heel character develop.

Jeritron
01-21-2007, 11:15 AM
There isn't a hope in the world, nor was there ever for Eugene. He got over well as a midcard retard character, which is suprising. Theres nowhere for him to go and if him or WWE was worried about that it never would have happened.

thedamndest
01-21-2007, 11:24 AM
I've always thought that what Alienoid said would get instant heel heat. If he begins to act crafty to further himself and then just drops the retard thing, that would be amazing heel heat. He would come off as sick, sort of like a Loose Cannon gimmick, and could at least make it to the level of monthly Cena fodder before getting jobbed out and going to TNA.

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 02:33 PM
There isn't a hope in the world, nor was there ever for Eugene. He got over well as a midcard retard character, which is suprising. Theres nowhere for him to go and if him or WWE was worried about that it never would have happened.

But they didn't need to care. It's a short term laugh. A novelty gimmick.

Which is a shame, because I like Dinsmore. He even did a good job on a gimmick we all knew would suck.

Right now I find myself hating WWE and TNA. Yeah yeah, I know. RAAAR TNA INNOVATION KURT ANGLE KEVIN NASH SNORT *rattles ropes* People have a massive hardon for elements I either don't like or don't think are enough. I hate the product. Both products. Why? Because they're stupid. It makes wrestling feel stupid and trivial to me (Which, to an extent, it always has been, but never to this level).

Jeritron
01-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Yea, I mean Dinsmore is basically fucked. He had a retard gimmick, and please don't dillude yourselfs into thinking he can/should/will be saved from this gimmick and go onto something else without floundering. His fate was sealed with the Eugene gimmick, and I guess its too bad for him. But you know what, thats more success than most have seen. And even though he was a retard, its not that tragic for dinsmore.

And yes KK, shit certainly does suck now. On BOTH sides. TNA isn't anything special, smarks just worship it because its (in their opinion) the better of the two and are desperate for something thats "good". Also, I think a lot of the appeal is that its "growing" and they can at least cling to the hope that its going to be huge, while they can say "WWE has peaked." I think theres a lot of assumption. TNA has a long way to go, and WWE has a long way to fall.

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 05:42 PM
As much as I hate the number of times it's been used for different people, I think if Dinsmore is to succeed, one way or another, he has to dro pthe gimmick by saying "yeah, I lied."

I'd actually like to see him go the "attempted sympathy" heel. While he's "coming out," so to speak, have him pull this "Uncle Eric Made Me!" Line and really piss people off at the same time.

Xero
01-21-2007, 05:52 PM
If he doesn't break kayfabe and do the whole "lied" deal, he'll be always known as the retard. If he does, who knows, he could have any gimmick.

The Naitch
01-21-2007, 06:33 PM
A John Cena vs. Eugene feud (for me personally) would be the most anticipated thing since Rock vs Austin at WrestleMania X7

Xero
01-21-2007, 06:50 PM
WrestleMania 25: Battle of the 'Tards

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 07:07 PM
If he doesn't break kayfabe and do the whole "lied" deal, he'll be always known as the retard. If he does, who knows, he could have any gimmick.

He doesn't really need to break KAYFABE, as it'll still be in character if he just...Changes characters.

Xero
01-21-2007, 07:31 PM
The only way to logically not break kayfabe is if Biscoff came back in as his manager or something, and Dinsmore saying they were in it all along.

But why would he pose as a retard in the first place? To be a "mole" type of thing?

If they don't do it with Bischoff (and who knows if he'll ever be working full-time again) it's not going to make sense. (Yes, I'm trying to think this through logically.)

TerranRich
01-21-2007, 07:33 PM
I want him to let his WWE contract expire / get a relase, go over to TNA, use his real name or a name similar to his WWE one, STILL keep the retarded gimmick, then have TNA utilize him properly, show us all what WWE should've done already, and do the "faking-it-for-perks" angle. If TNA did that, I would declare my undying loyalty, service, and devotion to whoever runs the TNA booking staff ATM.

TerranRich
01-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Xero, the "mole" idea would work very well if we the fans weren't made aware of it at first. Then, we see Bischoff talking to Eugene, apparently scolding him or something, then Eugene walking away with an evil grin on his face, quickly replaced by his blank, retarded look.

Xero
01-21-2007, 07:38 PM
I agree, but the problem is that they'd need to bring Bischoff back for at least four months for it to properly play off. As I said, if they can't get Bischoff back it really can't be done well.

Pardeep 619
01-21-2007, 07:41 PM
WWE could do the obvious and have a face hit him with a steel chair to the head. Eugene then begins to act differently due to the effects of the chair shot and thus changes gimmick.

In fact, they could be ridiculous and have Eugene transform into a genius. He could be Mr McMahon's right hand man and be portrayed as helping McMahon making millions, and could even come up with new match stipulations for Wrestlemania.

St. Jimmy
01-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Give him Angles music and have him come out in America garb, then feed him to Dan Puder. Then fire him.

Jordan
01-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Eugene is lame. Dinsmore will be released by the end of the year probably.

Mr. Nerfect
01-21-2007, 08:16 PM
The WWE seems to be "addressing" (in a weird sort of M. Night Shyamalan way) their issues of having a bad sense of humour, and stupid storylines, with it being Vince's ego that created them.

The WWE is apparently planning on having Donald Trump come in to feud with Vince McMahon, with Trump choosing a wrestler to feud with a wrestler of Vince's choice. Carlito is probably going to be the guy paired up with Trump, but it still leaves Vince's slot open.

What if Vince came out and said that the "Eugene" character was he perception of us, and that he created the gimmick for his own amusement. Nick Dinsmore is relieved of his duty entertaining Mr. McMahon, and he is chosen to be Vince's representative against Trump's representative, Carlito, at WrestleMania. Working with Dinsmore could help motivate Carlito, and I can see the two having a great match. It makes Dinsmore look like a yes-man, and his association with Vince McMahon would hopefully give him even more heat.

John Cena vs. Eugene would be something I would LOVE to see, if they do keep Dinsmore playing the retard character. Drop hints that Eugene isn't really retarded. Have him trick Divas into being with him, getting matches stipulated in his favour, etc. Then have Eugene come out and propose to John Cena "if you're really a hero, you won't hurt me...you'll be my friend", which leads to Cena trying to stay nice, and not just knock the shit out of Eugene, but Eric Bischoff's nephew just makes it harder and harder.

It would eventually lead to John Cena either feuding with Nick Dinsmore, once he reveals that he was just doing it to trip up Cena and expose him as a bad guy, or Cena facing Eugene in a match, killing him, and hopefully getting some edge back.

Xero
01-21-2007, 08:17 PM
It's obviously going to be Khali. More than likely in the Khali/Hogan match if it happens.

Corkscrewed
01-21-2007, 09:01 PM
We've established why shit like this happens, right?

THEY DON'T CARE.

When the writing team incapable of developing and properly booking angles and stories for wrestlers they want to push, what makes you think anything will happen to a wrestler they (or Vince) doesn't really care about?

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2007, 12:10 AM
It's obviously going to be Khali. More than likely in the Khali/Hogan match if it happens.

I fear that you are right. God, RAW sucks so much dick these days.

Jeritron
01-22-2007, 03:13 AM
Or he can get buried out of the WWE like he probably will, and then down the road when nobody remembers get another crack.

Who would have thought Papa Shango would get another popular run on the midcard as The Godfather.

TerranRich
01-22-2007, 11:01 AM
What if Vince came out and said that the "Eugene" character was he perception of us, and that he created the gimmick for his own amusement. Nick Dinsmore is relieved of his duty entertaining Mr. McMahon, and he is chosen to be Vince's representative against Trump's representative, Carlito, at WrestleMania.

That would be the ultimate in antikayfabe and would literally blow my mind.