PDA

View Full Version : The return of.....*Raw Spoilers*

RVDmark
01-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Steve Austin. He is expected to return to Raw TV soon. I thought there would be a thread on this by now but there isn't so here it is. TBH its the best news all year (so far) to me. What do you guys (and girls) think? Ok its not a Carlitto ME push or anything and I'm sure some of you will believe its bad as its less TV time for other wrestlers but one of the holy trinity (cheers Jetitron500) returning I thought would have garnered more interest.

Your thoughts on him returning and what they're likely to do with him? ...:)

RVDmark
01-21-2007, 11:56 AM
And before I get asked for a source / credit, its on the TPWW home page.

Xero
01-21-2007, 12:01 PM
WHAT THE FUCK?

Thank you for ruining Austins return, thank you for ruining what would have been my only mark out moment in a year.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU TYPE "SPOILERS" WHEN YOU TYPE WHAT THE SPOILER IS RIGHT BESIDE IT!!!!!!!!!

Now I know Austin is confirmed, he is my favourite wrestler, hearing his damn music hit would have made me mark out so bad, but no, you have to fucking ruin it, couldn't you make the title "Wrestlmania 22 major spoilers" alone? Seriously man, use your goddam brain. Why mark for spoilers when the spoiler is right beside where you mark for spoilers.

Fuck this shit, you're not the only one who does it, so many people do, i am out of the fucking wrestling forum besides for tipsters until Wrestlemania is over, see you all April fourth.

:shifty:

Jeritron
01-21-2007, 12:03 PM
My guess is he'll be in a GM role.

RVDmark
01-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Lol Xero

Xerzes
01-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Well, he'll probably smack a few random midcard heels around. Here's hoping it'll just be Masters.

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 12:45 PM
The Return of Austin is an ominous signal among our people. It means that there is displeasure in the Titan Towers. It is said by the elders that, when ratings are low, the powerful priests known as "WWE executives" will summon forth Steve Austin, to destroy their rosters and restore ratings. It is also said that he cannot die, but he will return to his inactive status only once he has consumed the heat of a talent with legitimate potential. Until then, he wanders the midcard, seeking the prey that will sate this gnawing hunger...

Xero
01-21-2007, 12:49 PM
:rofl:

Rammsteinmad
01-21-2007, 12:52 PM
For every Austin segment they have at a Pay-Per-View, someone like Carlito or Shelton Benjamin get's left off the card. :nono:

Xero
01-21-2007, 12:58 PM
For every Austin segment they have at a Pay-Per-View, someone like Carlito or Shelton Benjamin get's left off the card. :nono:
Would you rather see an Austin segment or Carlito or Shelton getting squashed further down the card in a match with Masters or Khali?

Jeritron
01-21-2007, 01:01 PM

That's not really fair, since they should be used on PPVs anyways as IC champions and pushed further. For every other person used in those roles, it hurts guys like them. You can't really blame a segment. If you wanted to do that you could incriminate the womens division, or interviews. Why can't the ppv run 5 minutes extra? come on.

Xero
01-21-2007, 01:03 PM
PPVs have been running about 20 minutes short lately, which is really horrible.

I think the time for December to Dismember was only 2:30.

Jeritron
01-21-2007, 01:08 PM
And I'm suprised it went that long...

Xero
01-21-2007, 01:11 PM
They really should just drop the price to $20 and do weekly PPVs. Sort of like In Your Houses, but weekly and a lower buy rate.

Jeritron
01-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Weren't you pioneering the "less ppvs to make things better" act? haha

Besides, theres just about a PPV every week as it is now anyways.

Rammsteinmad
01-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Ok, for my Austin comment... I'm using Wrestlemania 21 as an example as it has two segments.

1. Hogan comes out and destroys Muhammad Hassan and Daivari while they are in the ring with Eugene. Sure, the crowd cheer, but what does it really do? Buries two rising mid-carders, boosts Hogan's ego, and basically sets things in motion for a fued that will only last to bury them even more. Let's be honest here, I wasn't that excited about a Hogan/Michaels team up. :nono:

2. Piper's Pit with Steve Austin. Who comes out, Carlito. What happens? Stunner on Carlito AND Piper. Why? What does it achieve? If Austin stuck around it may have had a reason... but he didn't. He fucks off the next night and Carlito is none-more over because of it.

The same happened at Saturday Nights Main Event when Austin and JBL had that beerfest thing. Sure, JBL doesn't need to be put over, but it's the general theory that every segment ends with Austin getting the better of someone on the active roster. And all it does it get a cheap pop because Austin never sticks around long enough for it to mean anything. :nono:

Now, don't get me wrong because I'd much rather see someone like Carlito in a match instead of a squash, but come on... If someone like Masters is squashing them, at least it's putting Masters over. If it's Austin he'll only be gone the next week and it'd have achieved nothing.

If he's sticking around for a while, it'll be worse because Austin (like Hogan) doesn't need to be put over, yet he'll only stick around to bury more people.

That's just my opinion anyway. I was never much of an Austin fan.

Jeritron
01-21-2007, 01:23 PM
The Austin/JBL beer drinking contest was awesome. It ended up working into the Benoit/JBL fued too, and it was a segement on Saturday Nights ME to promote WM and it was excellent. Its not like it hurt anyone, just provided a great segment.

The Hogan/Hassan thing. Sheer markout moment. Hassan would have been off the card anyways. Maybe it was stupid but it tore the house down.

The Pipers Pit with Austin. Loved it. And as for Carlito, they could have put him on the card elsewhere if they wanted to and could have either way. Instead he came out and battled verbally with Austin and Piper. Was it good for him? Maybe. Was it bad for him? No, I wouldn't say so. Theres much worse things that can happen to you than getting stunned by Austin in Pipers pit.

The way I see it, these things are just entertaining. They aren't clogging up spots or main event time. It's just segments, and I don't think its hurting anything/anyone. Them wrestling would be another matter, but how is a 5 minute segment taking anything away from things. They're not burying anyone or taking anyone off the card any further than would already be the case. A 5 minute Austin segment is not to blame for Carlito not having a match on the card of a PPV that they have plenty of flexibility with time constraits on.

owenbrown
01-21-2007, 02:23 PM
WHAT THE FUCK?

Thank you for ruining Austins return, thank you for ruining what would have been my only mark out moment in a year.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU TYPE "SPOILERS" WHEN YOU TYPE WHAT THE SPOILER IS RIGHT BESIDE IT!!!!!!!!!

Now I know Austin is confirmed, he is my favourite wrestler, hearing his damn music hit would have made me mark out so bad, but no, you have to fucking ruin it, couldn't you make the title "Wrestlmania 22 major spoilers" alone? Seriously man, use your goddam brain. Why mark for spoilers when the spoiler is right beside where you mark for spoilers.

Fuck this shit, you're not the only one who does it, so many people do, i am out of the fucking wrestling forum besides for tipsters until Wrestlemania is over, see you all April fourth.

:shifty:

You never get tired of using this do ya, Xero? :lol: :p

Xero
01-21-2007, 02:28 PM
No. :shifty:

V
01-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Although I'm rarely here anymore, it seems my legend lives on

Rammsteinmad
01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
The Austin/JBL beer drinking contest was awesome. It ended up working into the Benoit/JBL fued too, and it was a segement on Saturday Nights ME to promote WM and it was excellent. Its not like it hurt anyone, just provided a great segment.

The Hogan/Hassan thing. Sheer markout moment. Hassan would have been off the card anyways. Maybe it was stupid but it tore the house down.

The Pipers Pit with Austin. Loved it. And as for Carlito, they could have put him on the card elsewhere if they wanted to and could have either way. Instead he came out and battled verbally with Austin and Piper. Was it good for him? Maybe. Was it bad for him? No, I wouldn't say so. Theres much worse things that can happen to you than getting stunned by Austin in Pipers pit.

The way I see it, these things are just entertaining. They aren't clogging up spots or main event time. It's just segments, and I don't think its hurting anything/anyone. Them wrestling would be another matter, but how is a 5 minute segment taking anything away from things. They're not burying anyone or taking anyone off the card any further than would already be the case. A 5 minute Austin segment is not to blame for Carlito not having a match on the card of a PPV that they have plenty of flexibility with time constraits on.

Then it's probably just coz I'm not much of an Austin fan. :p

I've just never liked in the past when people like Austin come in for one night, Stunner someone and leave.

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm not sure tearing up the house is worth wasting a segment on Austin, since it almost always comes at the expense of the other guy looking like shit.

Rammsteinmad
01-21-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure tearing up the house is worth wasting a segment on Austin, since it almost always comes at the expense of the other guy looking like shit.

:y:

Xero
01-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Throw him in with Hogan and have him stomp a plastic-hole in his hip.

Flair Wooo
01-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Is saturdays main event thingy still on?

FourFifty
01-21-2007, 06:10 PM
No. :shifty:

Hope ya don't mind but I used that on the news forum.

Xero
01-21-2007, 06:13 PM
I don't OWN the gag.

I just use it in any Austin thread. :shifty:

RVDmark
01-21-2007, 06:55 PM
I dunno if i'm gettin the wrong end of the stick but it did say a lengthy return. Also in a GM type role he wouldn't have to be stunnering people all the time. Just maybe a few less dq endings. people like Austin and Foley are always coming out after shit endings and telling them to continue. Plus Austin is likely to have enough pull to have creative control. And promo written by Austin > Anything by WWE uncreative.

RVDmark
01-21-2007, 06:57 PM
The Return of Austin is an ominous signal among our people. It means that there is displeasure in the Titan Towers. It is said by the elders that, when ratings are low, the powerful priests known as "WWE executives" will summon forth Steve Austin, to destroy their rosters and restore ratings. It is also said that he cannot die, but he will return to his inactive status only once he has consumed the heat of a talent with legitimate potential. Until then, he wanders the midcard, seeking the prey that will sate this gnawing hunger...

Lol.:lol: :rofl: :lol: :D

Crippla
01-21-2007, 07:00 PM
I personally find Austin entertaining so this will give me a reason to watch Raw. They could put him in a GM role and make him useful so his segments will contribute to storylines and don't have to take up 30 minutes of the show.

The Naitch
01-21-2007, 07:02 PM
fuck, looking at that Kurt Angle avatar, I thought this was Indifferent Cox posting again

Crippla
01-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Clox changed his avatar.

The Naitch
01-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Clox changed his avatar, but he still sucks.

Mr. Nerfect
01-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Austin could either be really entertaining, or this could be reminiscent of Sheriff Steve. Let's hope for the former.

If Austin gives Cena a Stunner, and is allowed to shoot on him (one of his "look at you with your little khaki shorts..." spiels) and give us a voice, finally calling Cena on being a retarded bulked-up twelve-year old, I will cum my pants.

The Naitch
01-21-2007, 08:41 PM
they wont let him do that to their golden boy.

Xero
01-21-2007, 08:43 PM
He didn't mention anything about Triple H...

Corkscrewed
01-21-2007, 08:59 PM
They're just setting up Austin/Hogan, since Big Show won't be able to wrestle and Khali's gonna face Cena.

Man, talk about worst potential Wrestlemania ever. I'm pretty sure we won't actually see the above doomsday scenario, but the fact that we could semi-realistically have WM headlined by Cena/Khali, Batista/Taker, and Hogan/Austin really scares me.

The Naitch
01-21-2007, 09:04 PM
They're just setting up Austin/Hogan, since Big Show won't be able to wrestle and Khali's gonna face Cena.

Man, talk about worst potential Wrestlemania ever. I'm pretty sure we won't actually see the above doomsday scenario, but the fact that we could semi-realistically have WM headlined by Cena/Khali, Batista/Taker, and Hogan/Austin really scares me.

there not doing Cena vs Khali. WHy would they do that when they already had that on RAW last week?

Plus, would Austin vs Hogan even take place? None of them would be willing to do the job

Austin will probably have an authority fugure role again

Maybe 50/50 type thing with Vince

Kane Knight
01-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Austin could either be really entertaining, or this could be reminiscent of Sheriff Steve. Let's hope for the former.

If Austin gives Cena a Stunner, and is allowed to shoot on him (one of his "look at you with your little khaki shorts..." spiels) and give us a voice, finally calling Cena on being a retarded bulked-up twelve-year old, I will cum my pants.

Which brings up an important point: Is it bukkake if you spew all over the TV screen?

Mr. Nerfect
01-22-2007, 12:08 AM

That's what I'm afraid of. :(

*Watches Austin ride out on a quad and shake hands with John Cena, as Cena stomps around the ring like a retard.* :'(

The Naitch
01-22-2007, 02:35 AM
I remember in 2004, (Iraq SD!) Austin gave a babyface Cena a stunner for no apparent reason

Rammsteinmad
01-22-2007, 04:27 AM
Nobody is safe from an Austin Stunner. Not even Superman Cena can withstand such a force.

DaVe
01-22-2007, 04:50 AM
I can live with that.

BTW, I don't have much evidence but I think it might be so he can promote his movie The Condemned (or whatever). They usually do this when Foley has a new book (or anyone else for that matter).

Jura
01-22-2007, 05:02 AM
I can live with that.

BTW, I don't have much evidence but I think it might be so he can promote his movie The Condemned (or whatever). They usually do this when Foley has a new book (or anyone else for that matter).
http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56885

DaVe
01-22-2007, 08:12 AM
Wow, I'm stupid (didn't look at the news post in question).:$ Sorry.

Avenger
01-22-2007, 08:41 AM
I remember in 2004, (Iraq SD!) Austin gave a babyface Cena a stunner for no apparent reasonThat was Cena PAYIN HIS DOOS.

V
01-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Hope ya don't mind but I used that on the news forum.
-_-

how about ask the person who originally said it if he minds :rant: