PDA

View Full Version : Rage Against The Machine To Reunite For Coachella

Bad Company
01-23-2007, 04:57 AM
eunited leftist rock band Rage Against the Machine will headline the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in California with the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bjork, organisers said Monday (US time).

The three-day event, now in its eighth year, begins Friday, April 27 at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, about 130 miles east of Los Angeles.

Other artists scheduled to perform include another reunited band, Crowded House, along with Canada's Arcade Fire, Willie Nelson, the Decemberists, the Arctic Monkeys, the Roots, Jarvis Cocker, Sonic Youth, Placebo, Satellite Party, Stephen Marley featuring Jr. Gong, Kings of Leon, the Kaiser Chiefs, the Black Keys, Amy Winehouse, Mexican guitar duo Rodrigo Y Gabriella, and Silversun Pickups.

Tickets, priced at US$249 for a three-day pass and US$85 for a single day, go on sale Saturday.

Rage Against the Machine, famed for its angry denunciations of capitalism even as it recorded for a label owned by Sony Corp, will reunite for Coachella after a seven-year hiatus.

The Los Angeles quartet, which sent two albums to the top of the U.S. pop charts during the 1990s, won fans across the social spectrum with singer Zack de la Rocha's rap-based lyrics backed by the band's hard-rock melodies.

Amid continued internal friction, de la Rocha left in October 2000. His bandmates -- guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk -- formed Audioslave the following year with former Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell.

http://xtramsn.co.nz/music/0,,14124-6845944,00.html

:cool:

packt up
01-23-2007, 09:32 AM
Awesome awesome band. Wonder if its a one off and like what about poor Chris Cornell...

ron the dial
01-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Fuck Chris Cornell. Get the band back together!

RATM >>> Audioslave

Just John
01-23-2007, 11:44 AM
This will be completley fucking incredible, if they stay together though, I can bet their new stuff would suck balls.

Kris P Lettus
01-23-2007, 11:48 AM
You suck balls Just John..

What ever happened to Zach De La Rocha's solo "Hip Hop" album??

Been waiting on that shit since like 1998..

Just John
01-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I've been waiting for that too, all I heard by Zach solo was when he was in CIA (Criminals in action)

ron the dial
01-23-2007, 11:53 AM
I haven't been able to find anything about his solo album except rumors.

Kris P Lettus
01-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Back in the day (like 2001) people were saying it was full of cameos by everyone from Rahzel to Method Man..

I dunno, I was hype about it for awhile..

:(

ct2k
01-23-2007, 02:52 PM
To be honest Chris Cornell is fine without them, he and Soundgarden were far better musically than Rage.

Though I do enjoy Rage regardless.

ron the dial
01-23-2007, 03:03 PM
RATM >> Soundgarden

ct2k
01-23-2007, 03:42 PM
No way. RATM's sound was too one dimensional, don't get me wrong I enjoy them, but they really only did 'angry and loud', they never tried to diversify or do anything beyond bass heavy, funk tinged rap-rock.

Thats all well and good for the purposes of an angry protest band, but I like to see a bit mix it up and use instruments a bit more creatively.

Some RATM stuff just seems like "Tom you make whacky noises on your geet, Tim and Brad you play something funky in time with it, and I'll scream about EMI being the scum of the earth"

ron the dial
01-23-2007, 03:45 PM
I just fucking hate Chris Cornell's voice. Anything associated with him is shit in my book. Musically, Soundgarden was solid, but then Chris would sing and I would want to shoot my speakers.

Kane Knight
01-23-2007, 04:26 PM
RATM were too one dimensional, as ct2k said, to ever qualify as the better band.

Kris P Lettus
01-23-2007, 04:30 PM
One demensional or not, the one thing you guys are forgetting is MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE..

I like Soundgarden but love RATM...

Just John
01-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Love both, probably RATM a little more than Soundgarden, but being a Pearl Jam fan, you can bet I dont leave Soundgarden behind.

As for hating Cornells voice, I have that with Jane's addiction. Classic Girl is incredible I mean top quality shit, then whats his name starts whining, and it screws it all up.

STP should have covered that.

Kane Knight
01-23-2007, 05:17 PM
One demensional or not, the one thing you guys are forgetting is MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE..

Why exactly to the mentally retarded always feel the need to say things like "subjective" or "Your opinion?"

Let me answer that for you, Krispy:

*drool*

Kris P Lettus
01-23-2007, 06:25 PM
People stating opinions as fact makes me want to shit..

El Vaquero de Infierno
01-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Cornell's vocals have been terrible with Audioslave (I blame Rubin and his shit production,) but his vocals were decent with Soundgarden.

ct2k
01-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Yeah I think his style fit Soundgarden's sound well, never liked Audioslave much though.

Arnold HamNegger
01-23-2007, 07:20 PM
This kick's ass! I'm going this year for sure now.

Blue Demon
01-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm thinking about going to this.

Kane Knight
01-23-2007, 07:41 PM
People stating opinions as fact makes me want to shit..

Uhhh...Yeah. Sorry, didn't happen.

*droooool*

Kane Knight
01-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Cornell's vocals have been terrible with Audioslave (I blame Rubin and his shit production,) but his vocals were decent with Soundgarden.

Production can do only so much, and Audioslave is lackluster to begin with. No knock on Chris, but really, I think he'd sound shit in this band regardless.

Blitz
02-25-2007, 08:52 PM
They'll be doing 3 more shows, with the Wu Tang Clan

From altpress.com

Rage Against The Machine fans, don't fret if you can't make it to this year's Coachella festival where the band will take the stage for the first time in seven years -- they'll be playing three more shows.

According to the LA Times, the group will play a show each in New York City, San Bernardino, California, and San Francisco, under the banner of Rock The Bells, a traveling hip-hop festival. Also confirmed on the lineup are Wu-Tang Clan.

"Rage will do four shows and just four in 2007," said Chang Weisberg, the founder of Guerilla Union and organizer of Rock the Bells. "Coachella is first, that's the granddaddy. And now these three with the Wu-Tang Clan represent a very, very special thing."

Other acts are expected to be announced this Monday, along with ticket prices and on-sale dates. The dates of the festival are below:

Jul 28 2007 12:00P Rock The Bells New York, New York (venue TBA)
Aug 11 2007 12:00P Rock The Bells San Bernardino, California (National Orange Show Events Center)
Aug 18 2007 12:00P Rock The Bells San Francisco, California (venue TBA)

ron the dial
02-25-2007, 08:53 PM
YA BEST PROTECT YA NECK