PDA

View Full Version : Rumble predictions?

Nark Order
01-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Oddly I didn't see a thread about this yet so I'll throw it out there. I myself have no earthly idea who they're gonna have bag the win this year. I've pretty much counted out all ECW participants but other than that... no clue.

Predictions?

Xero
01-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Michaels and Undertaker are the obvious ones. I'm hoping they go with Edge or Orton personally, but it's probably going to come down to Taker and Michaels.

Testicle
01-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Michaels and Undertaker are the obvious ones. I'm hoping they go with Edge or Orton personally, but it's probably going to come down to Taker and Michaels.

Why would you want Orton to win over Micheals? I'm pretty sure an Orton vs. Cena match would blow.

Xero
01-27-2007, 06:30 PM
It's about time someone from the Kliq isn't in the/a main event. Plus Orton/Cena has been a sort of new generation dream match (yes, I know they've wrestled in the past, but never in a proper feud).

Also add to the fact that WWE probably wouldn't turn either of them and I think Orton is the better choice.

Jeritron
Well I'm big on Edge, but I do realize that WWE is looking for star power to fill the void of HHH and that makes HBK and Taker top picks.
Personally, I think HBK will win. Its an obvious choice, but then again havent all the royal rumble winners been.

Nervous Ferret
Undertakerrrrrrrrrrr

Blitz
01-27-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm guessing Taker wins, but Michaels/Cena is the match I'd be most interested in.

Jeritron
01-27-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm guessing it comes down to one of either HBK, Orton or Edge winning, but in a manner involving all 3. Raws title ME is hard to predict, but its gonna involve a combination or all of those 3 and cena.
As for Taker, I see Taker getting involved in the Batista/Kennedy match for obvious reasons, and then one of them coming out and costing him the rumble which leads to wrestlemania.

The Naitch
01-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Taker

We've seen HBK/Cena already a couple of times

The dreamatch that never really happened ever since Batista went to SD! was Taker vs Batista

FourFifty
01-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Let me take out all the guess work for you. Spoilers* below, highlight to read.

The Miz Wins

And that's why John Cena is gay.

*Might not actually be spoilers

ClockShot
01-27-2007, 10:49 PM
A few prelim. matches have been tossed around for wrestlemania that just got reported in news section. I'll let you check it out.

As for my prediction. HBK.

AdrianM
01-28-2007, 09:47 AM
taker or Michaels.

Probably going with HBK, then taker will win a four-way match at no way out against kennedy, finlay and Booker

ChiefStubbs
01-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Taker or Michaels.
I actually heard somewhere that Michaels wasn't actually being considered to win, but of course, Taker was.

Nark Order
01-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Well, an Undertaker win would be much better than a Michaels win in my opinion. Having UT and Batty main eventing wrestlemania would be havok. I really hope they'd put the strap on taker though.

Xero
01-28-2007, 02:17 PM
I would be pissed if Batista ended Taker's streak. :nono:

FourFifty
01-28-2007, 02:24 PM
The Miz. There, I just spoiled the PPV for all of you.

FourFifty
01-28-2007, 02:24 PM
HOO-RAH!

Xero
01-28-2007, 02:25 PM
450, I think you should change your custom title to "The Only MizFit".

:shifty:

FourFifty
01-28-2007, 02:26 PM
.........:y: Good idea!

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Nah, I also like The Miz. He gets way too much shit, in my opinion. His match with Chris Benoit proved he knows what he's doing.

The Undertaker will win. It's an ugly feeling I get. I want to be wrong, but I feel I am not. I'd take Shawn Michaels over The Undertaker, but with the Wrestling Observer reporting that Michaels will be Trump's guy in the feud with McMahon, and my lack of faith in WWE creative, I just gotta go with Mark Callaway, and it makes me sick.

I'd love to see a surprise like Chris Benoit, or even Kane. Can you just imagine a Rumble Match with these two guys being the last two men in there? Two men no one truly expected to win, finishing the match for the SmackDown! brand. I don't care who wins, the other picks up a victory the next edition of SmackDown! and becomes/remains United States Champion.

I am still sticking by my guns that Mr. Kennedy should win the World Heavyweight Championship. As an avid viewer of SmackDown!, I believe he is more than ready, especially in a sports entertainment landscape where Batista, John Cena and Bobby Lashley are the current World Champions. Have it go down like this:

Mr. Kennedy gets a big extravagent entrance (heels should be the ones who get this, in my opinion), and Batista comes out and gets a strong start against his challenger. Kennedy sneaks out control of the match, but then Batista makes a comeback, and Kennedy ("inadvertently") knocks the referee down, which Michael Cole uses to point out how desperate he is, and what JBL uses to promote Kennedy's will to win. Kennedy tries to hit Batista with the World Heavyweight Title belt, but the lights go out, and then pop back on and The Undertaker is standing in the ring. He boots Kennedy down, and then picks up the World Heavyweight Title...and drills The Undertaker with it! Mr. Kennedy puts the World Heavyweight Title around his neck, with the plate facing the back, and he climbs to the top rope and hits a Kenton Bomb with the belt assisting. The referee comes to...1-2-3! Mr. Kennedy is the new World Heavyweight Champion!

The next night on RAW, we actually open with Mr. Kennedy making an appearance, claiming not to be SmackDown!'s Heavyweight Champion, but the World's Heavyweight Champion, so he's here to grace the RAW audience with his presence. Cue John Cena, who reminds us the Hell he had to go through to retain the WWE Championship against Umaga at the Rumble. Kennedy says he respects Cena, and offers him his hand (this is done in a way which makes Kennedy seem shady, and like he's got something planned to take out Cena), but none-the-less, Cena accepts, and F-Us Mr. Kennedy!

Kennedy rolls out of the ring and tries to find his feet and stumble to the back, and Jonathan Coachman comes out and berates Cena for putting his hands on an invited guest, and another brand's ambassador in their World Champion. He apologises on behalf of Cena to Mr. Kennedy, and allows Mr. Kennedy to "Pick Cena's Poison", and name his opponent tonight. Mr. Kennedy ends up choosing The Great Khali, and Kennedy sits in and does colour commentary for the match. Khali beats Cena with his Two-Handed Chokeslam, setting up a WWE Championship Match between the two on RAW, giving Cena a stop-gap opponent before WrestleMania.

Theodore Long does the babyface thing, and on SmackDown!, John Cena is an invited guest, and he gets to name Mr. Kennedy's opponent. The Royal Rumble Winner, Chris Benoit, is defending the WWE United States Championship against the Royal Rumble Runner-Up, Kane, in a match in the semi-main event. To close the show, RAW's John Cena names Mr. Kennedy's opponent as...himself! Cena and Kennedy work a little match, before The Great Khali hits the ring and beats on John Cena, giving him the disqualification win. JBL blows Kennedy on commentary for being smart enough to predict Theodore Long giving Cena this opportunity, and to counteract it.

The Undertaker appears in the ring after the lights go out, and he saves John Cena from a Khali and Kennedy beat-down. This is to set-up a Kennedy vs. Batista vs. Undertaker Triple Threat at No Way Out, and to allow Undertaker to keep his technical face status, and to blur the waters between Batista vs. Undertaker a bit. If you really wanted, you could have Undertaker Chokeslam/Tombstone John Cena to end the show.

the wwe champion
01-28-2007, 03:40 PM
HBK or Taker.
The only guy who can make me go omg is Little Bastard.

DAMN iNATOR
01-28-2007, 05:02 PM
It's about time someone from the Kliq isn't in the/a main event. Plus Orton/Cena has been a sort of new generation dream match (yes, I know they've wrestled in the past, but never in a proper feud).

Also add to the fact that WWE probably wouldn't turn either of them and I think Orton is the better choice.

Exactly and that's why I've got Orton as my pick for winning the Rumble this year. That and I feel he got screwed at last year's rumble, and no not by Rey.

aaaaa
01-28-2007, 05:48 PM
HBK or Taker.
The only guy who can make me go omg is Little Bastard.

Didn't he win last year?

Xero
01-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Didn't he win last year?
LOL

Arnold HamNegger
01-28-2007, 06:12 PM
After winning the Last Man Standing Match, Cena's spleen will be the final entrant at #30 and clean house. :shifty:

That or I'll just take Orton and Edge. Their feet hit the floor simultaniously and they both get a title shot at Mania.

Xero
01-28-2007, 06:15 PM
You know what, I bet Umaga beats Cena, Cena goes into the Rumble, wins it from number one (yes, after losing a Last Man Standing match) AND THEN says that he doesn't want to wait until Mania and demands the shot "right now" and wins it back. All in one night.

If they want to solidify Cena as being "OMFG THE MAN WHO IS INVINCIBLE!" that's the way to do it.

Arnold HamNegger
01-28-2007, 06:20 PM
You know what, I bet Umaga beats Cena, Cena goes into the Rumble, loses it after battling to the end from number one (yes, after losing a Last Man Standing match) AND THEN says that he doesn't want to wait until Mania and demands the Money In The Bank Ladder Match. He wins, then cashes in the title shot "right now" and wins it back. All in one night.

If they want to solidify Cena as being "OMFG THE MAN WHO IS INVINCIBLE!" that's the way to do it.