PDA

View Full Version : Who can fill in J.R's shoes?

the wwe champion
01-28-2007, 03:16 PM
who do you find capable of replacing J.R after he retires from announcing?

I would prefer Joey Styles and if the ECW somewhat survives then Coach
can be a good replacement.

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Josh Mathews can get it done, but I doubt the WWE would do that. Apparently he's in the dog house, or something. Todd Grisham is vastly improving, but I think he should remain on Heat, and maybe be given the chance to join in a heel knocks out the play-by-play guy, or something.

When JR is replaced, they need to change the dynamic, in my opinion. Either have Lawler bitter about his partner leaving, so he just kind of turns heel, and insults his partner, and takes the side of the bad guy once again, or have a heel play-by-play guy. Weird, I know, but I think it could work. Especially with Josh Mathews at the helm. The play-by-play guy basically has a character these days, anyway, so why not have him point out the intelligence in what the heel is doing?

Josh Mathews: Shelton Benjamin is so crisp and effective in the ring, he's using the ropes here, it's not legal, but it applies so much pressure to the hold, you have to admire him for it.

Jerry Lawler: Shut up, Josh, you're a disgrace. JR would be disgusted by this, and any with a decent conscience would be to.

Josh Mathews: I don't have a conscience...I'm a wrestling fan!

Jerry Lawler: Well this used to be reputable sport.

Josh Mathews: What, back in the carny days? Back when you used to cheat your ass off in your matches? Back when your cousin got counted out and disqualified in every match he "wrestled"? Both your finishers are illegal maneuvers, how can you fault Shelton Benjamin for doing what it takes to win?

I think Mathews as the young punk replacing either Jim Ross or Jerry Lawler is the right way to go. Have him start doing commentary on Heat. Todd Grisham could learn a lot from Mathews, who is a wrestler himself, and who can play both the play-by-play and colour analyst roles.

I don't know how many times I've said this, but I really think the WWE should trade Michael Cole for Joey Styles. It's a new ECW, so why not get new commentators? Joey Styles and JBL would have excellent commentary if you ask me, and Michael Cole and Tazz have proven themselves to be a great duo, and they have that whole cult following thing going. If they put them on live, I can see the two actually working better as a smarky team than Styles and Tazz.

Mr. Nerfect
01-28-2007, 03:48 PM
But yeah, even though he is a good commentator (in my opinion), I think Coach should move away from it. He's in the Assistant to the Chairman role right now, and he is playing an important character. I don't care who they replace him with, it could be Brad Armstrong, it could be Val Venis, it could be a different guy each week, I just think it is odd to have the guy running RAW to do commentary for Heat.

the wwe champion
01-28-2007, 03:50 PM
I hope you are not mixing up Todd and Josh

Corkscrewed
01-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Who can fill in J.R's shoes?
Anyone with the ability to call wrestling moves correctly.

addy2hotty
01-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Give me a picture and some crayons, and I'll have a go.

Xero
01-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Anyone with the inability to call wrestling moves correctly.
[/B]

thedamndest
01-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Better yet, who can get Bell's Palsy as often as JR?

Savio
01-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Anyone
[/b]

Kane Knight
01-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Anyone and everyone.

SammyG
01-28-2007, 11:17 PM
MISTAAAAAAAA KKKEENNNNEEDDYYYYYYY

Xero
01-28-2007, 11:18 PM
The Great Khali

Kane Knight
01-29-2007, 12:06 AM
...Kenned *ban*

Corkscrewed
01-29-2007, 01:45 AM
The Great Khali

KHALI: GWRRR GAR POOFFERDWAB!!!

KING: I'm sorry, what's that Khali? I don't quite get you.

KHALI: FOOM DWOO YAREEGG--ahem, ahem, I'm sorry. I had some curry chicken stuck in my throat. I was simply remarking on the vile and sinister derisiveness in which Edge just besmirched John Cena just a moment ago when he issued forth a soppy and sticking globular hurl of saliva, which rendered Master Cena stunned just long enough to allow Edge to perform his exaggerated DDT maneuver, which he calls the Edgecution.

KING: ...................... :eek:

Jeritron
01-29-2007, 01:47 AM
I will only answer who will fill J.R.'s shoes when you answer to me why you can't fill the box the reply is posted in.

darkpower
01-29-2007, 03:06 AM
I don't know how many times I've said this, but I really think the WWE should trade Michael Cole for Joey Styles. It's a new ECW, so why not get new commentators? Joey Styles and JBL would have excellent commentary if you ask me, and Michael Cole and Tazz have proven themselves to be a great duo, and they have that whole cult following thing going. If they put them on live, I can see the two actually working better as a smarky team than Styles and Tazz.

Hmm...maybe it would be more entertaining to trade JBL for Tazz, putting JBL on ECW. Not only would that get your proposal true, but it would then be quite interesting to see what JBL is like being in a place his character "doesn't like to be in".

tucsonspeed6
01-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Who can fill in J.R.'s shoes?

Randy Orton..... (If you get my drift.;) )

Kane Knight
01-29-2007, 08:53 AM
I will only answer who will fill J.R.'s shoes when you answer to me why you can't fill the box the reply is posted in.

HE thinks he's writing a Haiku.

owenbrown
01-29-2007, 09:49 AM
KHALI: GWRRR GAR POOFFERDWAB!!!

KING: I'm sorry, what's that Khali? I don't quite get you.

KHALI: FOOM DWOO YAREEGG--ahem, ahem, I'm sorry. I had some curry chicken stuck in my throat. I was simply remarking on the vile and sinister derisiveness in which Edge just besmirched John Cena just a moment ago when he issued forth a soppy and sticking globular hurl of saliva, which rendered Master Cena stunned just long enough to allow Edge to perform his exaggerated DDT maneuver, which he calls the Edgecution.

KING: ...................... :eek:

That would be so damn funny if that actually happened. :lol:

tucsonspeed6
01-29-2007, 10:57 AM
HE thinks he's writing a Haiku.

With a 22, 19, 6 format? That's either the worst Haiku ever or the measurements of his grotesquely disproportionate girlfriend.

Shadow
01-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Anyone know what size shoe he wears?

Indifferent Clox
01-29-2007, 01:19 PM
6, the man has tiny, tiny feet

so I'mguessing mysterio

St. Jimmy
01-29-2007, 01:52 PM
a soft boiled ham.

Xero
01-29-2007, 01:55 PM
BAHGAWD THAT HAM AIN'T MADE OUTTA CHICKEN CUTLETS!

Stickman
01-29-2007, 01:57 PM
The Macho Man