PDA

View Full Version : Time for CM Punk to turn heel? (spoilers from last tuesday, I guess)

FourFifty
02-02-2007, 12:10 PM
I think this would be the perfect time. Well, within the next few weeks at least to turn into an 8 man tag at WrestleMania 23.

If you haven't seen it, here's what happend with VKM was on ECW
(that's Vincent Kennedy McMahon)
On ECW Vince came out and talked a lot of crap about the old school ECW guys. Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, Sabu and Balls. Vince said Burke is the face of the new ECW, and then Burke got his ass kicked by Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, Sabu and Balls. So how about we set up a little stable wars thingie. Old ECW vs New ECW.

So we have four old guys, all we need are three more new ECW guys.
I'm thinking Burke, Holly, The Alpha Male, and CM Punk.
"But didn't CM Punk have a bit with Holly a few weeks ago?"
Here's how we get around this. Bruke, Holly, and Monty Brown are in the ring, saying they may be out numbered, but they're not out manned. Now if anyone wants to make it even on paper, come out to the ring.
CM Punk comes out, and there's a staredown with Holly. Punk breaks away and grabs the mic and talks about how he's what the new ECW should be. Punk gets back in Holly's face, and says "I may not like you, but I HATE the Sandman!" Punk cuts a promo about how the Sandman is a beer swilling moron much like all of the fans. He shakes Holly's hand, and we have a new heel, and hopefully a push for CM Punk.

ron the dial
02-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Punk is a better heel than a face, imo. But a push for Punk at this point seems rather unlikely.

KingofOldSchool
02-02-2007, 12:17 PM
He'd just end up jobbing to Shannon Moore as a heel.

FourFifty
02-02-2007, 12:17 PM
I can dream, can't I?

ron the dial
02-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Dream away. I wish as much as you do that Punk could make it in the E somehow, but I've kind of given up on caring which way it turns out. If he makes it big, awesome. If not, he'll end up getting released and come back to the indies. Or maybe TNA, which I wouldn't really care for.

Jeritron
02-02-2007, 12:33 PM
He's quite small, and sometimes its hard to have a heel be effective when hes small(er). The only way he could work as a heel is if he was excellent on the stick and could really have a charismatic heel attitude.

ron the dial
02-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Punk is excellent on the stick. Very easy to hate when he gets going, especially about how he is straight edge and better than you. Preachy mother fucker.

Anybody Thrilla
02-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Who the hell is Monty Brown? I like your idea, but I would replace whoever that guy is with Marquis Cor Von. :shifty:

Jeritron
02-02-2007, 12:45 PM
And I'd replace him with Marcus Cor Von...

Jeritron
02-02-2007, 04:49 PM
If he was a heel a fued with Sandman could have a lot of dynamic...a straight edger vs an alcoholic. Imagine him trying to pour a beer in his mouth.
The matches would suck.

I say move him to Smackdown or Raw and stick him in fueds with guys like Benoit, Rey, Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro.

Destor
02-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Punk should've came in as heel, but to turn him now? Nah. Not a good move.

Destor
02-02-2007, 04:53 PM
He's quite small, and sometimes its hard to have a heel be effective when hes small(er). The only way he could work as a heel is if he was excellent on the stick and could really have a charismatic heel attitude.You must not be very familiar with Punk.

Jeritron
02-02-2007, 04:55 PM
What, because I think he'd need to bring a lot of charisma to the plate. I won't lie, I haven't seen much of him but he'd absolutely need to bring Jericho or Eddie Guerrero type heel heat to him. I'm not saying he can't I just am saying he'd need to.

The One
02-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Punk needs to turn heel and fued with Stoner RVD before Robbie gets canned. He could put over Punk on his way out, and BOOM, you have the new face of ECW.

Jeritron
02-02-2007, 04:58 PM
At this point, I don't even want a new face of ECW unless they want to send some worthy talent over there and make things work. Right now the face of ECW is Bobby Lashley and Test, so unless things drastically change I'd rather see the handful of worthy wrestlers moved to the other 2 brands and the whole thing shitcanned.

Testicle
02-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Destor, you must remember that not everyone wastes their lives watching ROH. With that said, Punk is a much better heel than face, and would be able to get heat like he did in ROH. But, Jeritron is right that in Vince's eyes he is too small to be a top heel.

Jeritron
02-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Watching ROH is no more a waste of life as WWE or posting on these boards is.

Jura
02-02-2007, 06:25 PM
CM Punk on the mic signing WWE contract on ROH Belt
<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-7861111354063673565&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero [19 mins]
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FYpT0mPGm38"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FYpT0mPGm38" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This match is why I said in another thread that I wanted to see CM Punk vs Rey vs Chris Benoit with Chris replacing his friend Eddie.

Kane Knight
02-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Punk is a better heel than a face, imo.

Yeah, I hate him already.

ron the dial
02-02-2007, 09:24 PM
You see what I mean? Instant heel heat!

Mr. Nerfect
02-02-2007, 09:35 PM
I think they should hold up on a heel turn for CM Punk. It would be huge when eventually done.

For what CM Punk should do in the meantime, and this isn't really too much of a push, so the brass in WWE management may not give a fuck if he finds success in this role, is to have CM Punk challenge Gregory Helms for the Cruiserweight Championship at WrestleMania.

Have Helms cut a promo saying he's gone through every cruiserweight SmackDown! has to offer, and he wants his greatest defence to take place at WrestleMania. He offers an open challenge, and CM Punk answers the call. They open WrestleMania together, and Punk puts Helms in the Anaconda Vise, and Helms doesn't tap, but passes out, and Punk is announced the new WWE Cruiserweight Champion.

It may be the only Cruiserweight Title Match that would seem like a WrestleMania-level match. Afterwards, have CM Punk jump to SmackDown!, work a series with Helms, maybe tangle it up against some heavyweights like Finlay and William Regal. Have him put his Title on the line every time he steps into a singles match, even if it is against a heavyweight. Have him agree to forfeit the Title if he can't defeat Finlay. Slowly build him up as a workaholic, self-improving Champion, only to have him turn heel once he wins a Money in the Bank Ladder Match, and cracks a World Champion over the head from behind with the briefcase to win his first World Title after they've gone through a gruelling defence (hopefully the heat on him will die after Finlay and Regal get the chance to stiff the shit out of him).

Punk can justify being a snake by pointing out he worked hard to get the title shot whenever he wanted, and he made it count.

FourFifty
02-02-2007, 11:24 PM
FUCK TNA! FUCK TNA!
And why do I not follow RoH? How do I follow RoH? Should I be posting this in the q&a Forum? Do Germans dream?

*Edit- this really should go in the q&a forum, will ask there shortly.

Legend Killer
02-03-2007, 12:00 AM
CM Punk is a great heel, but he doesn't need it now, he is too over with the fans as a face for him to be turned heel so quick. Speaking of Punk, I get to see him live tomorrow night.

FourFifty
02-03-2007, 12:03 AM
CM Punk is a great heel, but he doesn't need it now, he is too over with the fans as a face for him to be turned heel so quick. Speaking of Punk, I get to see him live tomorrow night.

Buy him a beer.

Destor
02-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Destor, you must remember that not everyone wastes their lives watching ROH. With that said, Punk is a much better heel than face, and would be able to get heat like he did in ROH. But, Jeritron is right that in Vince's eyes he is too small to be a top heel.You have to emplain to me as to why wasting my life watching RoH is any different than watching the WWE.

(And if that last part was directed at me, I never said he would be THAT over in the WWE.)

Tazz Dan
06-03-2010, 01:40 AM
I'm glad he's turned heel. :)

Skippord
06-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Who the hell is Monty Brown? I like your idea, but I would replace whoever that guy is with Marquis Cor Von. :shifty:
DAMN iNATOR esque

Anybody Thrilla
06-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Not one of my finer moments, no.

FourFifty
06-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm glad he's turned heel. :)

Ditto. I enjoy CM Punk as a heel.

Xero
06-03-2010, 12:15 PM
lol I was like "what the fuck?"

Swiss Ultimate
06-03-2010, 12:19 PM
450 is a genius.

Jeritron
06-03-2010, 12:21 PM
lol at not having watched his ROH stuff at the time and wondering about his mic skills

Tazz Dan
06-03-2010, 09:51 PM
You must not be very familiar with Punk.

What, because I think he'd need to bring a lot of charisma to the plate. I won't lie, I haven't seen much of him but he'd absolutely need to bring Jericho or Eddie Guerrero type heel heat to him. I'm not saying he can't I just am saying he'd need to.

This made me lol for some reason

Punk needs to turn heel and fued with Stoner RVD before Robbie gets canned. He could put over Punk on his way out, and BOOM, you have the new face of ECW.

As always, Tovo was on the ball.