PDA

View Full Version : Edge and Christian

Jeritron
02-04-2007, 12:50 AM
What is the status on Edge and Christian? Obviously I know they were only "brothers" in kayfabe. But they were lifetime best friends, correct? And what I'm wondering is, what is their current relationship now that they're no longer working for the same company and such?

Lock Jaw
02-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Friends. Working for a different company doesn't change that. Usually.

tucsonspeed6
02-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Christian left because the WWE pretty much shat on him. After he left, though, the same company who took all of his merchandise off of the shelves pushed his best friend up to main event status. Sure, Christian also got a push with TNA, but I can't help but wonder if maybe there's a little animosity there. Not that I care or anything.

Dorkchop
02-04-2007, 12:51 PM
I remember reading an interview with Christian last January, right after Edge lost the belt to Cena. Christian mentioned how it would have been awesome for both of them to hold world championships at the same time (Christian won the NWA title shortly after Edge lost his title).

As far as I know, they are still best friends.

Pardeep 619
02-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Christian left because the WWE pretty much shat on him. After he left, though, the same company who took all of his merchandise off of the shelves pushed his best friend up to main event status. Sure, Christian also got a push with TNA, but I can't help but wonder if maybe there's a little animosity there. Not that I care or anything.

To be fair, WWE were pushing Edge to be a main eventer way before Christian left. I seriously doubt WWE cared enough about Christian for there to be animosity.

The One
02-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Sexton Hardcastle, Christian Cage, Rhino Richards, and the rest of THUG Life remain close friends to this day.

Dorkchop
02-04-2007, 04:15 PM
I still think Sexton Hardcastle is a really funny name

Jeritron
02-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Weren't Edge and Christian world champs at the same time this summer?

Lock Jaw
02-05-2007, 02:20 AM
I wanted to see Edge and Christian as champs of both brands of WWE. Then have them reunite backstage at a dual PPV and tease they're going to fight but then unite and have hilarious vignettes all night in which they comment on how they reek of awesomeness.

Shaner
02-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Weren't Edge and Christian world champs at the same time this summer?

No, Edge held the WWE Title from 8th January - 29th January.
Then Christian Cage held the NWA Title from 12th february - 18th June.
Then Edge held the WWE Title from 3rd July - 17th September.
Then Christian Cage held the NWA Title from 14th January 2007.